1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,859 Posts

I think that's at 4 times normal speed, and the tiles don't update correctly until a block data change occurs.

<3 Lua for Minecraft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,040 Posts
    I just managed to toss together a chicken farm off on a island next to a bigger island. They are shitting out eggs like no tomorrow. Soon I will flip a switch and they will all fall down and into a channel and be cooked.

Next step is to work on the large oil deposit and start on that.

Edited:

Also redstone power towers:
    The towers without their shell:

and with its shell and lit up:

Go into mcedit and plop a few down and fix a wiring problem and you are good to go.

They are quite powerful when you have a few or 2 extremely large ones. Best to hook them up to certain contraptions to make it simpler. I had 4 running a quarry, 2 pumps, and a refinery just fine.
    Nice, How much power does it generate? And do you have a screenshot of the inner layer? Or is that just a line of wooden conductive piping with redstone engines all around?

Edited:

My almost finished refinery.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,068 Posts
    Nice, How much power does it generate? And do you have a screenshot of the inner layer? Or is that just a line of wooden conductive piping with redstone engines all around?

Edited:

My almost finished refinery.
    Here is the redesigned one after minecraft ate the one in the pics (same thing just oriented differently):

488 redstone engines per tower

One tower can produce enough power to keep a quarry running at a ok speed but making enough energy to fill a power pipe is quite hard. But it can do everything i listed just fine without problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,634 Posts
    So I saw some medieval cities and stuff on the web. I got inspired and made a tower.

I know it's not much. I don't know, I had fun with it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 16Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,626 Posts
    Fucking technic pack is so unstable. Just crashed and lost everything.
    I've heard IC2 is unstable for 1.0 ATM, so should probably hold off on it for a while until they get it fixed.

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,068 Posts
    I've heard IC2 is unstable for 1.0 ATM, so should probably hold off on it for a while until they get it fixed.
    well its too late for my 60 chickens :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

7. Post #47
    I wish I had a tentacle hand. Japan would pay billions for some real-life tentacles.
    February 2009
    4,610 Posts

Working on a recreation of Vale, a city from the Golden Sun games on the GBA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,002 Posts
    So I saw some medieval cities and stuff on the web. I got inspired and made a tower.

You have to start somewhere, and that is way better than some of the beginner stuff I've seen. Keep at it and you'll be building really neat, large-scale stuff in no time.

9. Post #49
    November 2007
    506 Posts

What texture pack is that good sir?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,660 Posts
    I believe it's SMP Johnsmith but not 100% sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    July 2009
    1,095 Posts
    It's more of a proof of concept for now, to see if i could make one on my own. I didn't look up anything to help make this. I plan to make something with multiple seven segment displays later and make them less curvy at the top and bottom so the 2s and 5s don't look like shit.

Also I'm really proud of this trap and how well hidden it is (please ignore the stupidity in the video).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    That's a pretty inneffective trap, though. It's very easy to break out while you're suffocating. If you have it be narrow (two wide) you could have the ceiling open and reveal lava, the ground pushing up, and the player dies without quesiton, then the ceiling closes, lava dies out, and ground retracts, and you have a doubtless kill.

13. Post #53
    July 2009
    1,095 Posts
    That's a pretty inneffective trap, though. It's very easy to break out while you're suffocating. If you have it be narrow (two wide) you could have the ceiling open and reveal lava, the ground pushing up, and the player dies without quesiton, then the ceiling closes, lava dies out, and ground retracts, and you have a doubtless kill.
    Uh, well I suppose it'd be easy to break out of if you had a pick axe, which is likely enough on a survival server, but it'd have to be in your quick select menu thing before the trap springs or you wouldn't have enough time to equip it and break out. Plus, you hopefully wouldn't be expecting it so there'd be the disorientation factor. Besides, it, like the video above it, is more of a proof of concept, it's just in my single player world and as such wont actually be killing anyone. There's no real warning signs unless you dig into the walls. You could argue that someone would reasonably do that, but that would break just about any trap.

14. Post #54
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    There are some proven-to work traps that I've used successfully.
    Like the hall way trap, make a 1 wide 2 tall tunnel underground, people go in, have a 1 block drop with a pressure plate on it (Very well hidden), after it's activated one of the walls retract and another pushes the player into a pit.

There's also the short n' sweet ladder trap, have a miner where the ladders only go half way down, killing the player.

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,634 Posts
    It's called JohnSmith.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    NATURALLY WIRED TO HAVE SEX WITH KIDS
    June 2007
    8,816 Posts
    I'm not really creative, so I'm recreating the Taj Mahal.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 19Winner Winner x 4 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,599 Posts
    Why can't I make cool stuff like that, all my buildings look like boxes. :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

18. Post #58
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    Since I'm making an 'Elite' armor set for killing the ender dragon (Full enchanted diamond armor, best diamond sword, etc) I'm going to make a fucking hidden secret special room just to put it in. Right now all I have is the super secret door.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,310 Posts
    Also I'm really proud of this trap and how well hidden it is (please ignore the stupidity in the video).
    Reminds me of the 10x10 raisable floor I made once. You may could add also something like this and the "victim" cannot move anymore.

Also what is that mod that displays the health of mobs above them you are using?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

20. Post #60
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,452 Posts
    Reminds me of the 10x10 raisable floor I made once. You may could add also something like this and the "victim" cannot move anymore.
    Nice. I've been playing with a 'trap' that uses the same concept. I can make a 2 high room into a 'no-high' room killing whoever is inside. I have it rigged to a diamond ore block in the wall, that once broken, pushes the floor and ceiling together.

For the ceiling you just have wire on top of the blocks over downward facing pistons.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    It'd be cool to have that in an adventure map and actually have it be redstone ore, so right when you start hitting it it can trigger it through an update sensor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    Me and my friend made a bridge, we later added an industrial craft quarry onto the mountain in the middle.

Underneath the main walkway is a maintenance walkway with access to the cabling my friend had installed to power everything. That's why the bridge is so tall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Zing Zing x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Facepunch armorer
    February 2010
    3,978 Posts
    Nice. I've been playing with a 'trap' that uses the same concept. I can make a 2 high room into a 'no-high' room killing whoever is inside. I have it rigged to a diamond ore block in the wall, that once broken, pushes the floor and ceiling together.

For the ceiling you just have wire on top of the blocks over downward facing pistons.

Awesome. Now disguise it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    Decided to turn a whole 500x700 dessert island into a city with my friends.

Whats completed so far, the Palace.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    April 2011
    3,188 Posts
    I'm trying to build something that looks like a real rural farm. I haven't really done that much creatively in minecraft before, so this should be fun. I built the farmhouse first and I'm pretty happy with it.
    the front

the side

the rear

main room

upstairs/bedroom

the loft

CC welcome, as this is my first real project
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,626 Posts
    I always fail when trying to make something artistic in Minecraft, my first instinct is always "burrow underground, make tree farm, gather seeds, dig out big utilitarian chambers, NEVER GO OUTSIDE AGAIN".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

27. Post #67
    April 2011
    3,188 Posts
    Just made a boat house. May upload pics later

28. Post #68
    January 2012
    412 Posts
    "Excuse me, sir. You in the black. You are trespassing on private property."

I made this with Minecraft for the background, and everything in the foreground I made in Google Sketchup 8 Pro. Photoshop for touching up the colors and lighting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,961 Posts
    I decided to experiment a bit with exterior decor and abuse trapdoors.
    So I've created fort Dunstead.
    Here's the fort walls:

Two close ups of the barracks:

And the cannons at the rear of the fort overlooking the swamp:

I tried.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,697 Posts
    Some pretty big build I'm making in SSP. (not in creative mode)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

31. Post #71
    I GOT A TITLE TOO!!!
    July 2010
    3,003 Posts

I grew a pine tree, and then recreated it three times bigger.

Tnt and pumpkin made with other minecraft blocks.

And this contraption is the horseshoe-cannon. I designed it myself and even though its small and compact it is very precise and can hit a marked target with a 3-block minimum!
    Its not very quick but easy to use.
    I cant see this being used for anything else then slow target practise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,961 Posts
    Does anyone have any interior/exterior design techniques, like for making furniture, decor, and just more in depth buildings?

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,660 Posts
    Does anyone have any interior/exterior design techniques, like for making furniture, decor, and just more in depth buildings?
    http://minecraftfurniture.net/

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,961 Posts
    Thank you. That was quite useful.

However, I was still more worried about exterior design. Any sites on that?

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,114 Posts

The palace for the the island city that I'm making.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 17Winner Winner x 6 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,961 Posts

The palace for the the island city that I'm making.
    Your avatar is almost the same that mine was nearly 3 months ago.

Also, very nice job. Just please, for the love of god, use something other than Dokucraft for taking pictures at a distance. It looks quite ugly when doing a landscape shot. Use smoother texture packs for shots at a distance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,114 Posts
    Your avatar is almost the same that mine was nearly 3 months ago.

Also, very nice job. Just please, for the love of god, use something other than Dokucraft for taking pictures at a distance. It looks quite ugly when doing a landscape shot. Use smoother texture packs for shots at a distance.
    This has been my avatar for just under a year

And thanks, I'll look for texturepack that's good for screenshots.

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,961 Posts

I recommend Isabella or Kabpack if you want it to be brighter. If you all choose the better options, Painterly can be good for shots but it has heavy saturation on the colors.

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,660 Posts

Or use mipmapping.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,155 Posts
    Thank you. That was quite useful.

However, I was still more worried about exterior design. Any sites on that?
    http://mcarchitecture.tumblr.com/

Edited:

I also suggest GLSL shaders
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)