1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    16,058 Posts
    Farthest I've ever gotten in Minecraft before getting bored, quite happy about that.

Shot of the tower from /Root.

Shot of /Root

Shot of One side of /Resource Folder A

Last shot of my world, named after my computer, Fusoria. Second shot of /Resource Folder A.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,009 Posts
    May I ask what texture pack that is? It looks very cool and original.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    16,058 Posts
    Its the most recent remake of the Tron Texture Pack.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtbAtoAgR-g
    Download link here.

The idiot forgot his password to minecraft forums so he won't be updating it.

I only call him an idiot because he thinks that's the only way people will know about SilentCraft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,009 Posts
    Its the most recent remake of the Tron Texture Pack.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtbAtoAgR-g
    Download link here.

The idiot forgot his password to minecraft forums so he won't be updating it.

I only call him an idiot because he thinks that's the only way people will know about SilentCraft.
    Why can't he just make another account or contact an administrator? It's sad that a pack as interesting as this will never be updated because the creator is such a dumbass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    16,058 Posts
    Why can't he just make another account or contact an administrator? It's sad that a pack as interesting as this will never be updated because the creator is such a dumbass.
    I agree, its awesome cause when it snows, its 1s and 0s.

It is 64x64 though.

And just a note:I believe this is like the third reboot of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #246
    The Silent Rater
    November 2009
    3,266 Posts
    Farthest I've ever gotten in Minecraft before getting bored, quite happy about that.
    A few of those screenshots remind me very much of the Citadel from Half-Life 2.
    Interesting texture pack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    16,058 Posts
    A few of those screenshots remind me very much of the Citadel from Half-Life 2.
    Interesting texture pack.
    Well I originally wanted to do that but, it would dominate the skyline against all these single floor homes I've built.

My plans as of now are to make a single main village and single Mining Colony and a single farming colony.

Then offer it online to everyone.

So I needed to be careful about what I did with the minecart track system.

Edited:

Just some Updated photos so you can see the track supports and a sunset in this texture pack.

Sunset, notice the sun and all that.

Close up on one of the supports, I illuminated them to avoid creepers and such incase a player wants to make them prettier, it also marks out a spot incase you've fallen down or need some sort of way of getting back.

Another shot of /Root from the hill that is on the other side of the river that forks through it.
    Also just a note:I love when the TRON:Legacy Music meets up nicely with the sunset, especially Solar Sailer when on the minetrack.

Also just a note:This isn't in creative, this all mined and obtained by myself, resources and everything.

Edited:

I'm going to give you guys a bonus.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29680256/Minecraft/Fusoria.zip

Here is the alpha staged one, the offshoot to the farming colony has been started but I need to mine more gold for the speed rails.

I want you guys to playtest it, if you can even get a server up using this map and see how players react.

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,087 Posts
    Spent some time today to make a cartograph of our server map:

and then I turned it into a parchment map.

Sorry for the compression on the second pic, I had to reduce the size to upload it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 15 (list)

9. Post #249
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,582 Posts

Now label it by giving it countries.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,087 Posts
    Now label it by giving it countries.
    I probably will when all of the player start choosing names. We got this map about a week ago so it's pretty undeveloped.

11. Post #251
    November 2010
    1,245 Posts
    I probably will when all of the player start choosing names. We got this map about a week ago so it's pretty undeveloped.
    This server looks cool. What type is it?

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,087 Posts
    This server looks cool. What type is it?
    We've each claimed an island (or a bit of a continent) and are developing little civilizations. When we get more advanced we'll set out to trade and explore more land.

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,851 Posts
    Oh man jumping puzzles, you know how much we love those.
    They'll be kept to a minimum. The puzzle aspect of the map is only being able to place blue wool blocks next to green wool blocks (arbitrary as hell, but I don't think I've seen many maps like it before), and this lends itself better to neat stuff with water and pistons.

There's also collectible red wool blocks as an added challenge, and they'll be what I'll hide in unlikely spots with hard jumping puzzles or by solving other puzzles wrong (because getting a reward for having no idea what you're doing is always nice)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

14. Post #254
    November 2010
    1,245 Posts
    We've each claimed an island (or a bit of a continent) and are developing little civilizations. When we get more advanced we'll set out to trade and explore more land.
    This sounds awesome. Can you send me the ip?

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,087 Posts
    This sounds awesome. Can you send me the ip?
    It's actually private. We don't have many slots and not that much space, and in the past we've had really bad experiences so we're really wary about letting new people in.

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,008 Posts

Sorry for the compression on the second pic, I had to reduce the size to upload it.
    what would look neat on the parchment map instead of the unexplored regions just being not there, there are burn marks as bits of the map have burnt off/rotted off/lost etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    April 2011
    4 Posts

Some floating islands smack bang in the middle of an ocean.

No other land masses can be seen from the island. It is my own little getaway.

It has stone henge and other ruins scattered around with many secrets to be discovered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 17Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #258
    I GOT A TITLE TOO!!!
    July 2010
    2,963 Posts
    Some floating islands smack bang in the middle of an ocean.
    No other land masses can be seen from the island. It is my own little getaway.
    It has stone henge and other ruins scattered around with many secrets to be discovered.
    Oooh, looks neat!
    Mind giving me a download so i can check it out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #259
    November 2010
    1,245 Posts
    It's actually private. We don't have many slots and not that much space, and in the past we've had really bad experiences so we're really wary about letting new people in.
    Aw. Ok.

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    16,058 Posts
    That island looks boss.

Critism for my little village/colony idea would be much appreciated.

21. Post #261
    May 2010
    3,932 Posts
    I'm done with my forest mainly, just a few more places to put in trees. I think it looks pretty cool, it should be it's own little biome.
    [quote]

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    878 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,087 Posts
    Finished our server map. There's different versions of it but I'll just put the full version up.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

24. Post #264
    November 2010
    1,245 Posts
    Finished our server map. There's different versions of it but I'll just put the full version up.

I really want to play on this. think you could pm me the ip?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #265
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,643 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

26. Post #266
    I GOT A TITLE TOO!!!
    July 2010
    2,963 Posts
    I made a tiny maze for my friends to cross.
    It didnt take them long as it wasnt very big.

So decided to make one that they werent able to get trough.

I think i did a pretty good job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 12Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #267
    Strange Member
    June 2005
    4,809 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    I made a tiny maze for my friends to cross.
    It didnt take them long as it wasnt very big.

So decided to make one that they werent able to get trough.

I think i did a pretty good job.

I like mazes :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 18Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,303 Posts

I like mazes :D
    I thought the point was that there was no exit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #270
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    Finally getting into a port town project that I have wanted to build for a while. Starting the whole town based off a massive port. Anyone have certain ideas on what I should add to it?

31. Post #271
    October 2009
    1,491 Posts
    Finally getting into a port town project that I have wanted to build for a while. Starting the whole town based off a massive port. Anyone have certain ideas on what I should add to it?
    drydocks ,docks ,warehouse ,bars taverns and inns along the waterfront ,lighthouse if its appropriate ,breakwater if water is deep enough shipwreck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

32. Post #272

I'd really like to play, I've never played Minecraft MP properly and would love to get involved in the world of Daria! Could you share or PM the IP? Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

33. Post #273
    July 2009
    549 Posts
    Started working on my desert town again. Almost finished with the Agricultural district. It contains several plant stands, two reed stands, a tree garden, and two separate stables, one for regular animals, and the other for wolves and sheep

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

34. Post #274
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    drydocks ,docks ,warehouse ,bars taverns and inns along the waterfront ,lighthouse if its appropriate ,breakwater if water is deep enough shipwreck
    May sound stupid but what do you mean by breakwater?

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,826 Posts
    I believe a breakwater is built to protect an island or shoreline from wave erosion.
    When I went to Lake Erie, there were rockpiles along the shore of Presque Isle (the peninsula) to protect from such an event.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #276
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    I believe a breakwater is built to protect an island or shoreline from wave erosion.
    When I went to Lake Erie, there were rockpiles along the shore of Presque Isle (the peninsula) to protect from such an event.
    Alright, thank you.

37. Post #277
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    21,261 Posts
    Start of an adventure map I have been working on and off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #278
    July 2009
    549 Posts
    That definitely should be a default biome. It would give ocean exploration something unique.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,297 Posts
    Start of an adventure map I have been working on and off.
    Reminds me of LOTR if you add more flowers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,145 Posts
    anyone got a link to that tron pack above and if I may ask what did you use for those visual waypoints?

I require both.