1. Post #81
    January 2012
    412 Posts

The palace for the the island city that I'm making.
    Holy shit... 5:4 monitor, horrible texture pack, and I cut my eyeballs on these jagged edges. Why can't you people ever figure out how to turn on your AA settings? 4x AA doesn't make the system lag.

With a nice widescreen monitor, AA turned on, and an HD texturepack of about 64x64, that would make one beautiful scene at sunset.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 72Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,660 Posts
    Holy shit... 5:4 monitor, horrible texture pack, and I cut my eyeballs on thse jagged edges. Why can't you people ever figure out how to turn on your AA settings? 4x AA doesn't make the system lag.

With a nice widescreen monitor, AA turned on, and an HD texturepack of about 64x64, that would make one beautiful scene at sunset.
    Not everyone has the money to spend willy nilly. I just now got a 1920x1080 monitor after using the same 5:4 monitor for 4 years. And yes, AA in minecraft is terrible, it doesn't even work right for ati users.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,697 Posts

The corners of the interior have lava in them. I actually managed to drain an entire ground level lava pool using buckets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts

The corners of the interior have lava in them. I actually managed to drain an entire ground level lava pool using buckets.
    CREEPER
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #85
    February 2011
    4,072 Posts
    Holy shit... 5:4 monitor, horrible texture pack, and I cut my eyeballs on thse jagged edges. Why can't you people ever figure out how to turn on your AA settings? 4x AA doesn't make the system lag.

Because everyone can afford widescreen monitors and have a decent computer setup to run minecraft at fullscreen w/ AA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

6. Post #86
    January 2012
    412 Posts
    Because everyone can afford widescreen monitors and have a decent computer setup to run minecraft at fullscreen w/ AA.
    Aparrently I've stepped back in time to 2002.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 38Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,114 Posts

What does it matter if I have a widescreen monitor or not? It really doesn't make a huge difference so it's not on my list of priorities. Secondly, it is a 64x texture pack, if you could get your head out of your ass maybe you would've noticed that it was DokuCraft. Lastly, my computer can more than handle it if I put AA on, but Minecraft doesn't like AA and when I turn it on, there's fucking lines everywhere in between blocks.

Try not to be so dumb next time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 4Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts
    I see why people hate 11'ers/12'ers now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,963 Posts
    Not everyone is an entitled little shit that gets free money hand-outs from their parents. And those of us who work for our money prefer to spend it on something physically important like food, housing, and a car.

People like you just seem to think everyone in the world is rich, and it's people like you I have a burning, seething hatred for.

Also, to the above guy, I'm glad to be a 10'er.

Edited:
    Man, Brock Obama's original post made a box fortress bigger than the mansion he was bitching at in the first place.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - postal))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    February 2011
    4,072 Posts
    What made you think at this current day and age people can afford things like this?

Also I dont generally give a crap about what year you joined the forums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    2,407 Posts
    My first attempt at any sort of pixelart in Minecraft. A (asymetric) Macbook

Edited:

Also unrelated the amount of slime at spawn is absurd here

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,286 Posts
    Now blow it, for the greater good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 14Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    July 2009
    1,096 Posts
    Fullscreen 1080p will obviously give the best view. Sorry, but I can't take any pictures because it's been deleted to make room for other builds.

Also, if anyone doesn't like the staircase, I wholeheartedly agree with you, but I had to shoehorn a staircase into it somewhere because of staff nitpicking on the server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,963 Posts
    Fullscreen 1080p will obviously give the best view. Sorry, but I can't take any pictures because it's been deleted to make room for other builds.

Also, if anyone doesn't like the staircase, I wholeheartedly agree with you, but I had to shoehorn a staircase into it somewhere because of staff nitpicking on the server.
    Even without the staircase, the exterior still looked pretty bad. It was perfect in design and the interior was fucking amazing, but the over use of different colored blocks ruined it. Thinks like obsidian and diamond stick out to much and often clash with more simplistic blocks like cobble or brick. The overuse of different colors made it look like a mess and none of it blended. People need to realize that simplicity is often better then "how many kewl, ornate bloqs can i add!?".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #95
    January 2010
    4,029 Posts
    Not everyone is an entitled little shit that gets free money hand-outs from their parents. And those of us who work for our money prefer to spend it on something physically important like food, housing, and a car.

People like you just seem to think everyone in the world is rich, and it's people like you I have a burning, seething hatred for.

Edited:
    Man, Brock Obama's original post made a box fortress bigger than the mansion he was bitching at in the first place.
    If you have a job making 1,200$ a month which isn't even all that much you'd still be able to buy 300-400$ items for yourself. unless your utilities or rent is...alot.. like 700 bux a month for rent and 200 for utilities, but in most cases it isn't..

Did I go off topic?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

16. Post #96
    January 2012
    412 Posts

Edited:
    1.) I graduated highschool, and moved the fuck out.

2.) I don't accept "handouts". I word hard for the things I have. You should too.

3.) I have my own job.

4.) I'm retexturing than nice box fortress Facepunch has so kindly provided me.

5.) I'm caring about this more than I should.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 30 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,697 Posts

2.) I don't accept "handouts". I word hard for the things I have. You should too.

3.) I have my own job.

nice job dumbass

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    June 2010
    767 Posts

3.) I have my own job.

Good for you, too bad nobody gives a steaming pile of shit about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,312 Posts

2x 1280x1024 19" monitors, stfu faggot.

Also minecraft is so badly made that I can't play it at 30FPS using the default texturepack..

Well, I have Tekkit installed and hosting a server at the same time.

btw, most 64x64 ones are really bad looking texture packs. Misa was good but now I dislike it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #100
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts

3.) I have my own job.

cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 7 (list)

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,285 Posts

3.) I have my own job.

i run minecraft on a laptop with a mobile intel 4 series express chipset family, getting barely 30 fps on tiny render distance with optifine

not all of us have razer blades
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    January 2012
    412 Posts
    i run minecraft on a laptop with a mobile intel 4 series express chipset family, getting barely 30 fps on tiny render distance with optifine

not all of us have razer blades
    I never stated I had a super computer. I have pretty pathetic specs, to be honest.

1920x1080 LCD
    Athlon64 X2 5000+ @2.4GHz
    2x 1GB DDR2 800
    GTS450 1GB
    320GB HDD 7200RPM
    The rest is irrelevant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    Alright
    not everyone is as almighty cool as you are, we could never hope to be as awesome as the mighty Brock Obama
    So we don't all have these super cool computers that can run games really good
    You keep saying you're caring about this more than you should, so start caring less so we don't have to be in forever awe of how great of a person you are

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,040 Posts
    Yay 12 new posts! New content!

Oh....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,963 Posts
    I never stated I had a super computer. I have pretty pathetic specs, to be honest.

1920x1080 LCD
    Athlon64 X2 5000+ @2.4GHz
    2x 1GB DDR2 800
    GTS450 1GB
    320GB HDD 7200RPM
    The rest is irrelevant.
    Wait, those specs are eerily similar to the ones my PC has.

I suppose we're not so different then. I have a smaller monitor though. I suppose mine just runs worse because it's a laptop and not a desktop.

Then again, this discussion is useless. I'm sorry I flipped out on you, but people don't really like the whole "dickwave my PC around" stuff on Facepunch, mostly because there are plenty of people on FP less fortunate than you. So, try not to bring it up again please.

Anyways, back to the thread.

Is there no better sites for Minecraft architecture? The interior design one was good, but the exterior design website was almost all modern buildings, which I don't ever build.

26. Post #106
    January 2012
    412 Posts
    Is there no better sites for Minecraft architecture? The interior design one was good, but the exterior design website was almost all modern buildings, which I don't ever build.
    Fortresses? Tree houses? What about floating island castles?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,963 Posts
    Fortresses? Tree houses? What about floating island castles?
    They are good ideas and I've done them before, but they are always so flat and bland when I make them. I need to learn how to spice up my buildings more. If there are any websites for exterior architecture that is based in a more medieval setting, then please point me in the right direction.

28. Post #108
    January 2012
    412 Posts
    They are good ideas and I've done them before, but they are always so flat and bland when I make them. I need to learn how to spice up my buildings more. If there are any websites for exterior architecture that is based in a more medieval setting, then please point me in the right direction.
    I'll see what I can come up with. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    April 2011
    116 Posts
    About the specs discussion, I have a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, 2 Pentium 4's and 2 GB of RAM, I can run Minecraft on default texture pack at far or normal with next to no lag. I can even run up to 64x texture packs without lag. I don't know what you guys are bitching about with those specs.

Also, at laharlsblade, the stairs are fine, but the obsidian ruined it for me. That texture pack does no good for that building, either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,963 Posts
    About the specs discussion, I have a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, 2 Pentium 4's and 2 GB of RAM, I can run Minecraft on default texture pack at far or normal with next to no lag. I can even run up to 64x texture packs without lag. I don't know what you guys are bitching about with those specs.

Also, at laharlsblade, the stairs are fine, but the obsidian ruined it for me. That texture pack does no good for that building, either.
    We're done with specs. All it does is start flame wars. Stop posting about it like to make your e-peen bigger or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #111
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    If you do a floating island, you should have a more natural (Not exact) upside down pyramid on the bottom, and maybe some random floating blocks around it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,963 Posts
    If you do a floating island, you should have a more natural (Not exact) upside down pyramid on the bottom, and maybe some random floating blocks around it.
    I know. Mine usually do. The problem is the structure I'm building ON the island. My structures are usually to flat and I can't find creative was to utilize special blocks as well.

33. Post #113
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    My tip is to use indents. Indents and stuff can make a lot of different in buildings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Useful Useful x 2 (list)

34. Post #114
    January 2010
    5,318 Posts
    My tip is to use indents. Indents and stuff can make a lot of different in buildings.
    Agreed; I had an inner wall on a mountaintop castle that was decidedly lacking and when I put supports on it like in the picture, it looked better already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,963 Posts
    Well, I fiddled around with my buildings some more and made a few things.

First, a little nordic house:

And then I made a, uh..., thing. I was going for Victorian styled but just went kind of crazy:

And finally I made a section of a wall:

I also reskinned Isabelle's armor textures:

Imperial Honor Guard (Chainmail)

Novice Imperial Recruit (Leather)

Imperial Officer (Iron)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,870 Posts
    It's been a while, but I introduce the next broadcast of...
    The Big MT Research and Development Center

Two new experiment areas have been constructed, and the New Orleans camp experiment has been put into use.

This camp's experiment was: to test the stimuli reaction of Testificates and TNT under floors when affected by water.

As night falls, an unwary Testificate wanders into the local blacksmith's shop, causing a detonation that levels the primitive hut and damages the adjacent, unused camp.

Later that night, disaster occurs at the village church, as the priest makes a very poor choice.

Lit TNT from underneath the church flies spectacularly into other homes, leading to a chain reaction that demolishes most of the village in seconds.

However, the camp wall is swiftly repaired, leaving the inhabitants safe from the dangerous outside world.

Although initial reports state the survival of two Testificates, both disappear into the newly-created lake. Only one is found, despite multiple rescue attempts. The sole survivor (1x Testificate) is detained in the New Orleans barracks.

This was a Big MT public broadcast.
    Big MT: Building the future of Minecraftkind!

Previous Big MT public broadcasts:
    The Dovahkiin experiments
    The Pompeii experiments
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,197 Posts
    I'm currently writing a series of short stories based on my experiences on 2b2t.net, in which three friends and I tried to survive as mercenaries, but inevitably died off one by one in a series of battles and adventures. I'll post them here when I am done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,963 Posts
    I'm currently writing a series of short stories based on my experiences on 2b2t.net, in which three friends and I tried to survive as mercenaries, but inevitably died off one by one in a series of battles and adventures. I'll post them here when I am done.
    Sounds cool. Looking forward to it.

2b2t is a great server for stories. Everyone has some kind of story to tell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,860 Posts

Not special, but I think it looks nice.

Texture pack is The End Is Extremely Nigh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,197 Posts
    Okay, here's the stories. I've taken a bit of creative freedom, but I'll explain a bit of each one after each installment.

Backstory: Three friends and I started a small settlement far away from the spawn. Just in case something were to happen, we hid out valuables in chests several blocks under our houses. One day, we got on to find that everything was destroyed. So, we decided that trying to rebuild was pointless, and set off on our adventure.

PART I
    It was Murtagh, Chris, Reaper and I at the beginning. We took to a life of crime after our home had been destroyed. In the wreckage we were able to recover our hidden stores, and after properly equipping ourselves, we set off. Murtagh held onto his swords and armor, Chris salvaged the remains of our potions, and Reaper carried his trusty bow. I had my sword, and my two dogs.

We set off to the west, after camping in a cave through the night. The sun sat lazily on the horizon and in the fields the night fiends burned. We were running low on supplies. Our weaponry was rusted and kinked, and several of our armor pieces were held together with makeshift leather strips. Murtagh fed us with pork he had hunted the day before. It was raw.

Soon we came upon a small village, in the midst of what appeared to be a battlefield. Three men came out to meet our approach, each one holding a sword. We put our weapons away as a sign of trust. I stepped forward as leader and questioned about anything we could do for supplies. “To the north a few hundred meters there’s a little manor. Two men used to live there, but it’s been taken by bandits,” the one in the middle said. “They’ve been harassing us. Stealing our crops, attacking us, raiding our mines. You take them out; we’ll make it worth your while. “

And so we did. I’m not proud of it, but we did. We went north, to the manor, and began to slaughter them. Their watchman, mounted on a balcony, fell to Reaper’s arrows. Murtagh and I burst into the front room and killed two more. The remaining two tried to flee, but Chris threw a potion of Slow and, with their retreat halted, my dogs ended their lives. We took what meager supplies we could find around the manor, razed it, and returned to the small village to the south.

This time, the men came at us fully armored.

I told them of our success, and they congratulated us. Then, the one on the far right jumped forward. I noticed his movement, and ran in to prevent the attack, but was too late. The sword pierced Reaper’s chest, and he fell. I tried to kill this man, but he escaped, drinking a potion of Swift and running. I turned to see the other two locked in combat with Murtagh and my dogs. One of the hounds was murdered, but the other killed the perpetrator. Murtagh destroyed the third man easily.

We quickly mourned our friend, knowing that it was the first in a long line of sorrows.

PART II
    Murtagh, Chris, my dog and I walked along the spine of a small mountain range, unaware that we were being watched.

For several days at this point, we had been close to starvation. Our supplies were completely gone. All of our armor was broken except for Murtagh's chest plate and leggings, and I had been reduced to using a stone sword. Murtagh's, which was made of diamond, still was in good condition and I used the thought of it to comfort me, to tell myself that we were safe. Our torches were all left in other parts, or burned out, which meant that our nights consisted of cowering in dark caves. In the event that we found food, we would give it to the hungriest.

Ever since Reaper's death, Chris had been in an unshakeable funk. He rarely talked and when he did, it was to complain. He often said, "I cannot do this anymore," and we would respond, "Hang on, it’s just a few kilometers more." we didn't know what "it" was, but we all needed something to give us hope. I personally held onto Reaper's memory in the form of a wooden bow and a quiver that he loved.

At noon of our fifth day of walking, after we found a small herd of pigs and cows and nourished ourselves well, Murtagh stopped our procession. We were in a dense forest, to our left ran a stream. To our right, a large cliff. At the base, a desert. A small clearing stretched along the cliff.

"I think I just saw someone. A man in leather armor. He had a bow," Murtagh whispered. Neither I nor Chris had seen anything, but we trusted Murtagh enough to stop and search the area. Chris stayed back and readied his potions.

We saw nothing, at first. We searched for hours, when an arrow shot from the vegetation and hit my dog in the forehead. It died instantly. The three of us compressed into a small circle, not knowing where the attacker was. Soon, another arrow was launched, striking Chris in the knee. Murtagh and I ran into the forest, desperate to find the attacker. To my left, I saw a flash of leather. . . And I saw another on my right. . . And another on the left.

"IT’S A GROUP! MURTAGH, FALL BACK, THERES AT LEAST THREE!"

One of them rushed forward at me with a crudely carved wooden sword. I shot him in the head with Reaper's bow, and he was felled. I strung the next arrow and turned around wildly to find a target. The sounds of a battle to my left revealed Murtagh fighting and killing another of the tribesmen. We retreated back to Chris, who was frantically trying to heal us all with potions.

After a few minutes of silence, I heard a crackling sound. I looked into the forest to see orange spreading. I began to tell Murtagh but he just said "I see it. They got desperate. They're trying to burn us out."

We fell back even further, to a small clearing on the cliff. As the fire spread, night fell. Soon, Chris spoke.

"I can't do it."

He dropped his potions in front of us, and walked to the cliff. He turned, and the firelight illuminated his face and made his tired wrinkles appear as trenches. He looked at us and we looked at him, unable to comprehend what was happening. Then I realized. "Wait! Chris! You can't do this! We need you. If you leave you'll just be abandoning Reaper's memory. We need to find whoever did this. We can't let him die without closure."

We sat there for minutes. Soon enough, Chris tentatively stepped away from the ledge. He picked up his potions, and returned to us. He didn't look either of us in the eye.

Behind us, the forest continued to burn.
    Explanation:    The part where Chris was about to kill himself, was actually just him about to log off. He dropped what he thought we could use, so that we could continue our adventure without him, because he would be gone for several hours. Instead, we agreed to wait for him to return, and we just played on different servers. We did kind of make a big deal about it, because where we were at the time would take forever to get back to if he had killed himself and later wanted to rejoin our adventure.   

PART III
    It was a cruel trap, the one that we had fallen to. In the ruins of a large castle, we had found a small alchemical station. Chris was ecstatic, the happiest he had been in weeks. He rushed from cauldron to brewing stand to ingredient chest to brewing stand, glad that he would be able to once more fill the empty bottles we had accumulated.

Murtagh decided to search the immediate area while I helped Chris with his brewing ("Could you get me some fermented spider eye? Sugar? Go fill these bottles. Can you find me some-") and was currently exploring a small hallway on the other side of the room. I heard a quick stone sliding, and Murtagh let out a quick shout. Turning to see what the problem was, I saw that Murtagh was gone.

I started over to the area, and saw nothing out of the ordinary, until I inspected the ground closer and saw a pressure pad. Stepping on it, the floor in front of me opened up to a long drop. I peeked over the edge and saw Murtagh standing in a pool of water.

"I'm okay, I'm okay," he said. "What? No, I don't think I have enough supplies to make my way back up. Ah, I'm looking around, and it just seems to be a room. Wait, wait. . . I see a tunnel over here. I think the only options are to leave me, or for the two of you to jump down here and we go on this way. I can't guarantee that we'll make it out down here though."

It was a quick palaver with Chris that made up our minds, and a few seconds later we were plummeting downwards, and after that, taking a cold bath in a natural spring. We climbed out to see that Murtagh had established a sort of sanctuary with torches we had lifted from the castle's upper floors. He stood in the mouth of the hallway, examining the path.

"It seems to go downwards. We'll have to travel it until we find a path leading up. If there is one." he said. "Let's move. I don't want to die down here." He spread torches ahead and we gathered the ones he had put around the pool. We walked in a line, Murtagh lighting the way and me picking up the torches at the rear. When Murtagh ran out, I went to the front and he'd go to the back, and we repeated this process until we came to a small atrium with three new tunnels stretching out in different directions. We noticed that the tunnel to our right went upwards, though we began to consider the others to make sure we didn't make the wrong choice.

Two men emerged from the tunnel to our front. They were armored and armed. When they saw us, they said, “Hey! You're not with them, are you?"

We didn't know who "they" were, and we shook our heads.

"Good. These tunnels are being fought over right now, and you've wandered into a battleground. By who? Us and them, that's who. These were our tunnels and now they're trying to take them from us. It’s a good thing we found you, they would have killed you. How did you get down here?" I quickly explained what had happened. The man who seemed to be the leader chuckled. "Ah, y'all fell for that, huh? Well, if you're looking for a way out, you can follow our patrol and we'll take you back to our base after we're done."

They took us upwards, through the right tunnel. They were well off on torches and we didn't have to worry about conserving them. They joked about getting lost like someone named "Charlie"; they laughed about trapping one of "them" in a hole and dropping creepers on them. They told us stories of their base, how they had a large mine operation that left them rich enough to decorate their huts with solid gold. For the first time in a long time, I felt safe.

The tunnel was long, but I was fine with the knowledge that we would soon leave. Chris healed one of the soldiers after he took a nasty fall through a hole in the ground. We were already building up a trusting relationship with these men.

We saw a small group of zombies ahead. The two men began to talk about battle plans, when one of them remembered the potions Chris had. "You got a potion of Hurt? The alchemist at base makes them but I didn't bring any." Chris explained that they just made the undead stronger, and the men shrugged. Then they rushed in, and quickly killed two of them. One of the men lured the other zombie into a side cave and made it fall into a lava pool, laughing as it burned. We continued.

"Whoa, jackpot!" one of them said. "There's a party camped up the way, way around this corner. We can sneak up on them. You three, stay back." The two soldiers started up the path, one of them pulling out his bow and the other, his sword. The archer stood behind a small rock wall and the swordsman went up the tunnel until he was just outside their firelight. Their camp was small, a few chests and furnaces surrounding a fire, and blocks of red wool stood along the edges to mark their faction. The archer fired an arrow and struck one of them in the leg, and the swordsman then killed him. The other two "them"s were ready, though. One of them pulled out a flint and steel, and lit the swordsman's clothes on fire. He panicked and ran, soon falling over. The other also fought with fire, pouring lava down the tunnel. The three of us began to run, and before we turned the corner I turned back. The archer was stuck against the wall with lava flowing around him. One of "them" walked a ledge against the wall, saw the archer, and threw more lava above his head. I turned away and continued running as his hair caught fire.

Murtagh was trying to find somewhere to stay safe, but all of the tunnels went downwards and if we hid in a small cave, we would be trapped until starvation took us. And so, we went down. The lava followed us. We ran with what seemed like forever. Torches were no problem as the lava lit the way. And then: a chance. A meter jump to a ledge in an abandoned mine. Chris and Murtagh jumped, and as I flew across the gap I looked down and saw a sea of lava. I landed on the stone and the lava flowed into the gap.

We traversed the mine for God knows how long. Using the planks that were meant for support, we made rudimentary tools. We established a base of operations, and planted seeds that Chris had gathered aboveground around a small waterfall, and grew some food. We built new lives until we gathered enough supplies to dig a tunnel upwards. And so we did, digging up to find the surface. At this point, we had almost completely given up on finding Reaper's killer.

Then, Murtagh dug into a cavern. The dark cave disheartened us even more. We piled in and prepared to dig further up, when we heard a growl. I quickly threw down a torch, scared, and saw a small herd of zombies and skeletons coming after us. We ran to the opposite end of the cave, and when we hit the rock wall, we knew we were dead. I put down another torch, and tried to shoot the undead with Reaper's bow. I only killed two, when Chris threw a potion of Hurt into the crowd. I think he was just trying to get their attention. He dropped his other potions, and jumped through the crowd. He ran back, the zombies and skeletons chasing him. His figure fading into the darkness with the undead following was the last time I ever saw him.

The distraction gave Murtagh enough time to start digging a new tunnel. The rest of our voyage up was uneventful. We breached the surface, made a small memorial to our friend, and headed off once more, into the cruel world.

And then there were two.
    Explanation:    The soldiers fighting over the tunnels were members of another forum that was having a War RP. It was "Red vs. Blue", basically. We stumbled upon it and became a part of the RP without even knowing it was an RP at the time.   

PART IV
    On the third day after Chris' sacrifice, Murtagh and I came upon an outpost for the blue soldiers, a.k.a., the "us" from the cavern.

They fed us when we asked, and armed us though we didn't we told them of the two soldiers who had been killed in the cave, and they accepted us as their own. One of them agreed to guide us to their main camp, while the others would stay and hold the fort. We set out the next morning.

It was a relatively short journey to the northwest, and we quickly stumbled onto the base. The soldiers were swarming around like ants, preparing for something. Our guide voiced his concerns. We walked down and questioned the guard, and he explained that a patrol had seen a large group of Reds coming. Our guide ran back to the outpost to bring more troops. We agreed to stay and help defend the camp, and to be a part of the counterattack if we were to survive.

It was just past noon when the force of Reds came over the hill. I, and five other archers, began to rain arrows on them and they tried to fire back at us. Two of our archers fell and three of their men fell before the two forces met outside our camp. I tried to attack indiscriminately but I kept coming back to the soldiers around Murtagh, making sure he would survive. One of the Reds ran forward to our wall, and started a fire. It quickly started to spread. It jumped to the barracks, and I decided that I needed to stop the fires. I ran to the supply shack and grabbed a few water buckets, coming back to extinguish the fire. I was able to secure the barracks, but the majority of the wall was destroyed. I switched back and forth between archer and fireman, until the battle was over. The Reds lost.

The men came back, gathered more supplies, and we set off to take out the Red's base. I grabbed the flint and steel from the dead fire starter and joined the war party. We soon came to the camp, which was poorly guarded. The remaining soldiers were almost completely archers, and the swordsmen came out to meet us. We outnumbered them two to one. I ran up and set the camp on fire, and drew my sword. The battle was quick and fierce.

I searched for Murtagh, but couldn't see him. I continued looking, worried that he had perished. There he was, on the wall, fighting two archers. The fire quickly came up behind him.

"MURTAGH! FIRE!" I screamed, but it was too late. The flames spread up to his clothing, and as the wood under him collapsed, he fell into wreckage below. I tried to rush in and help, but then I was shown the extent of the Red's fiery defense tactics: in the event that their wall was set alight, there was a line of dynamite underneath the wood to kill any attackers close by. The wall exploded, and with it, half of the Blue troops, and my last friend. I ran in to try and save my friend, try to prove wrong what I already knew had happened, but Murtagh was nowhere to be seen. I could only find his sword.

The few remaining troops and I returned to the base. The wall and the barracks were being repaired. The men escorted me to their leader, to receive thanks for my service, and an offer to join their ranks. I entered their administrative office and their leader stood before me. He looked familiar. I tried to place it, but couldn't. As he began talking, I remembered where I had seen him.

"Thank you for your help, sir. As you can see, we're now very low on men, and we'd be really thankful if you would-"

"You killed Reaper."

The leader looked confused. "Who. . . What-?"

"My friend. Reaper. You hired us to kill bandits, and instead of rewarding us, you attacked us. You killed Reaper."

He began to try and explain. "Well, you see. . . The thing is. . . ."

I didn't want to listen. I drew Murtagh's sword, thought for a moment, and then drew Reaper's bow, instead. It felt more appropriate. I drew one arrow, and the murderer called for the guards. I shot him, and he tried to escape. I shot again, and again. He fell, dead, in the doorway. Two guards walked in. I drew Murtagh's sword, and flew into a blind rage of steel and fire.

As the village burned behind me, I walked on. Alone.
    Explanation:    Now you see the full extent of the forum's RP. I think there was a total of 30 people participating in it, excluding Murtagh and I. After I had slaughtered the remaining Blues, they told me that it was an RP. I apologized for ruining it, but they said that they had already discussed ending it on the forum, thus the large war. They then thanked me, for giving it a better ending than any of them could think of.

Now, Reaper's killer was a member of this forum, before the RP started. He was the one that actually suggested starting an RP. He founded the Blues and set up the camp the day after killing Reaper, and so he was too preoccupied to worry about us hunting him down. That also explains why they accepted him as their leader. 

And that's it. Hope you enjoyed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)