1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,622 Posts
    So me and my friend got bored..

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    November 2010
    2,919 Posts
    I decided to work on some kind of grassy cave "temple". Here's what I got so far.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 14 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,971 Posts
    Okay, here's the stories. I've taken a bit of creative freedom, but I'll explain a bit of each one after each installment.

Backstory: Three friends and I started a small settlement far away from the spawn. Just in case something were to happen, we hid out valuables in chests several blocks under our houses. One day, we got on to find that everything was destroyed. So, we decided that trying to rebuild was pointless, and set off on our adventure.

PART I

PART II

Explanation:    The part where Chris was about to kill himself, was actually just him about to log off. He dropped what he thought we could use, so that we could continue our adventure without him, because he would be gone for several hours. Instead, we agreed to wait for him to return, and we just played on different servers. We did kind of make a big deal about it, because where we were at the time would take forever to get back to if he had killed himself and later wanted to rejoin our adventure.   

PART III

Explanation:    The soldiers fighting over the tunnels were members of another forum that was having a War RP. It was "Red vs. Blue", basically. We stumbled upon it and became a part of the RP without even knowing it was an RP at the time.   

PART IV

Explanation:    Now you see the full extent of the forum's RP. I think there was a total of 30 people participating in it, excluding Murtagh and I. After I had slaughtered the remaining Blues, they told me that it was an RP. I apologized for ruining it, but they said that they had already discussed ending it on the forum, thus the large war. They then thanked me, for giving it a better ending than any of them could think of.

Now, Reaper's killer was a member of this forum, before the RP started. He was the one that actually suggested starting an RP. He founded the Blues and set up the camp the day after killing Reaper, and so he was too preoccupied to worry about us hunting him down. That also explains why they accepted him as their leader. 

And that's it. Hope you enjoyed it.
    That story was kickass. I especially loved the end. What are the odds of running into that guy again? Anyways, I was wondering if anyone would like to join me on 2b2t. I usually go on alone, and I always like travelling with friends. Lats time I played, however, a creeper blew me up after I had collected nearly 4 stacks of iron armor. I raged and haven't been back since. If anyone would like to plan a trip, PM me.

Edited:

I submitted those armor textures to bonemouse to see if he liked them. I suppose he didn't, because I have yet to get a reply despite him being online.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,199 Posts
    That story was kickass. I especially loved the end. What are the odds of running into that guy again? Anyways, I was wondering if anyone would like to join me on 2b2t. I usually go on alone, and I always like travelling with friends. Lats time I played, however, a creeper blew me up after I had collected nearly 4 stacks of iron armor. I raged and haven't been back since. If anyone would like to plan a trip, PM me.
    I tried to restart the other day but it's really hard now that hunger has been implemented
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,971 Posts
    I tried to restart the other day but it's really hard now that hunger has been implemented
    I know. Hunger is BS for servers like 2b2t. Once I managed to survive on there with my friend Phil, but barely. We found a chicken and tore it to shreds. I can't remember why we quit. I think he just got bored.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #126
    NO MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING
    March 2009
    3,258 Posts
    [RELEASE]
    Monster Arena on my Server

[/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,584 Posts
    I don't have a lot of experience building in minecraft but I really like how my new buildcraft consolidation center is turning out. For those that don't know what a consolidation center is, well it's basically a big ass warehouse/ distribution center. Shit comes in gets sorted and then goes out either via pipes in the case of liquids or by mine carts. Or gets warehoused. Which right now is the majority of it since the factory isn't finished yet.

It uses redpower 2 for lighting.

Outside of the building.

Inside the lobby area.

The consolidation area. This area is currently two sections, a crude storage area(left) and a sorter with huge amounts of chests.(right) The crude area just got rebuilt thanks to updating minecraft. I had not updated in months. It was still running 1.7.3 if I remember correctly. I updated only to 1.0 because buildcraft doesn't work with 1.1 yet. I had to rebuild this area and all of the lighting because the pipes are different and the wring was brewing stands :/.

Here is a picture of the old consolidation center. I have pretty much stripped the outside bare and tore down the office. I am currently pumping everything out of here so I can level it and turn it into a refinery. I boarded up the doorways and ripped up the brick floors to use elsewhere. Each set of double doors had 2 pipes that lead to at least 8 chests(50 for cobblestone) for each particular item and all the minerals and whatnot went into one set of chests. The new center will not take cobblestone dirt or sand that shit goes right into lava(after factory is complete it won't), the good stuff gets sorted and saved.

All of this was built without flying on survival so it took forever. It is also built on top of the old mine shafts so I have to be careful if I dig down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

8. Post #128
    October 2009
    1,616 Posts
    Before Christmas I started a project I kinda started with a 24x24 area in which to build and well the pictures show that it kinda balloned from there.

http://imgur.com/a/NfpOs#0

Still so much to go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    Began working on the Monster Monolith, my new mob system.
    This is the first floating mob system I've made. Since it's in the ocean and I've explored all the caves, monster spawning should be at maximum. It's not done, and I can always add more layers, but this is a pretty good base.

10. Post #130
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    635 Posts
    Began working on the Monster Monolith, my new mob system.
    This is the first floating mob system I've made. Since it's in the ocean and I've explored all the caves, monster spawning should be at maximum. It's not done, and I can always add more layers, but this is a pretty good base.
    I'm guessing the lava is like the on/off button. good idea.

Whats with all the ladders? water blockers?

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,003 Posts

An enormous colossus, ala ancient Rhodes.

This is actually an outdated picture; I've build a huge city behind him, including a temple of Zeus and lots of buildings.

On the same map is a (probably underscaled) Pharos of Alexandria.

When it's done I'll make a video tour. I've done this all on my own in Creative so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

12. Post #132
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    I'm guessing the lava is like the on/off button. good idea.

Whats with all the ladders? water blockers?
    I used to believe that mobs wouldn't walk off blocks if it has a 3 or more drop, so mobs on the higher layers couldn't fall, and you could put ladders/signs and they would think it would stop them from falling. However, jeb is just too awesome and fixed it.
    Since then, I just made it so each level is identical to the bottom one.

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,309 Posts
    One of my current projects, Gear Tower, a luxury Apartment skyscraper. 8 floors, 2 each, 14 total. Has a nice park on the roof.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 27Winner Winner x 14 (list)

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    7,543 Posts
    that is quite cool, but it's not in survival is it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

15. Post #135
    October 2010
    538 Posts
    One of my current projects, Gear Tower, a luxury Apartment skyscraper. 8 floors, 2 each, 14 total. Has a nice park on the roof.
    I really like the building on the right. It's so realist and minecraftist in the same time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,046 Posts
    Making myself a little something. Ain't quite finished tough.

All done fully legit without flying ect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,971 Posts
    Making myself a little something. Ain't quite finished tough.

All done fully legit without flying ect.
    Those textures are eye rape. How can you even stand looking at them from a distance?

Once again, try a smoother texture pack, preferably 16x16.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree x 16Dumb x 6Funny x 4Optimistic x 1Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    The pack looks fairly decent, actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

19. Post #139
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,971 Posts
    The pack looks fairly decent, actually.
    No, no it doesn't.

I'm sure it looks great up close but when you take shots from a distance the images are sharp as hell. MC HD textures just do that for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11 (list)

20. Post #140
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    No, no it doesn't.

I'm sure it looks great up close but when you take shots from a distance the images are sharp as hell. MC HD textures just do that for some reason.
    It's because Notch is too lazy to implement mipmapping.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,027 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #142
    Has unclosed HTML tags!
    June 2011
    1,926 Posts
    Done fully legit™
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #143
    May 2010
    758 Posts
    -Big Snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Argentina Show Events

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,198 Posts
    Done fully legit™
    It doesn't even matter if it was done "legit". Minecraft is a building game at heart.
    Regardless, it doesn't take any kind of skill to grind for days gathering resources, the end-result is what matters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #145
    November 2008
    1,860 Posts
    On the first screenshot it looks a bit empty. Second, however is great.
    Also take a few screenshots with anti aliasting enabled, shoold look alot smoother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,690 Posts
    Starting work on a spaceship, made an engine and made the rest from my head, turned out it looked something like a star wars one.

I'll probably edit the texture pack to change the wool into metal or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,287 Posts
    I'll probably edit the texture pack to change the wool into metal or something.
    people doing this sort of thing annoys me

i mean surely if you were a good builder you wouldn't need a texture pack to make a spaceship

although that's just my opinion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    A cardboard cut-out of a man.
    March 2007
    13,603 Posts
    On the first screenshot it looks a bit empty. Second, however is great.
    Also take a few screenshots with anti aliasting enabled, shoold look alot smoother.
    No one gives a shit about anti aliasing in minecraft.
    Probably because it doesn't work for over 50% of people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,166 Posts

i mean surely if you were a good builder you wouldn't need a texture pack to make a spaceship

Suddenly huge argument between me and Simski
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #150
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts

I reskin wool to appliances and such for when I want a modern looking house
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,690 Posts

Nothing to do with being a good builder, just makes it look more authentic rather than a massive piece of flying black cloth.

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,495 Posts

Made this on my friend's faction server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    October 2009
    1,616 Posts
    I reskin wool to appliances and such for when I want a modern looking house
    If im stuck for something I reskin the sponge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

34. Post #154
    January 2012
    412 Posts
    No one gives a shit about anti aliasing in minecraft.
    Probably because it doesn't work for over 50% of people.
    Sucks to be them, works fine for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 22Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    July 2008
    350 Posts
    Sucks to be them, works fine for me.
    You again?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #156
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    Stop feeding the troll and he'll go away, geez.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,690 Posts
    Finished my space ship I guess.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

38. Post #158
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    I was fucking tired of the green spots in my swamp (Infact of the swamp in general, but irrelevant) so I encased the green spots with fences and made them into pretty little garden things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

39. Post #159
    November 2008
    1,860 Posts
    Invert the flame colours. They start yellow and get darker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,690 Posts
    Can anyone guess what this is from, excuse the crap texture pack, I need to make one for it.