do it now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #4162
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    do it

do it now
    i'm imagining you all standing in a circle chanting this omg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #4163
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,227 Posts
    Well your relationship isn't going to go anywhere now, just meet up and break it off.

4. Post #4164
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    Well, it was fun while it lasted, now move on :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

5. Post #4165
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,458 Posts
    i have a feeling that she's crying because she knows it's over, but she hasn't got the balls to tell you so, so she's just blowing it off by saying she's "messed up"

sorry. i could also be completely wrong! but it really doesn't seem like this is going anywhere good, so you're doing both of you a favour by being the one to finish it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #4166
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    but i fear i may make her problems worse, and whilst you may say "oh but she's hurting you" etc yes that's true but i do still love her and i don't want to add to a mountain of shit for her which i don't know the full severity of

7. Post #4167
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,458 Posts
    but i fear i may make her problems worse
    what problems? problems that she can't even acknowledge your presence?

stop kidding yourself!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #4168
    January 2009
    2,123 Posts
    Regardless a relationship without sexual attraction is not a whole relationship. Quit rationalizing and putting it off, go out with dignity.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #4169
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    what problems? problems that she can't even acknowledge your presence?

stop kidding yourself!
    no that she feels trapped in her head and constantly sad plus some strange event that happened when she was 12/13 and the mere thought of drives her to tears but she says she never will divulge...

10. Post #4170
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,227 Posts
    It is just delaying the inevitable though, you both know it's going to end.
    She has all these problems but doesn't want to talk to you about them so what are either of you supposed to do? You'll just carry on not communicating, plus she basically just said she doesn't find you attractive and that's important for relationships.

She should really seek out a therapist if she's being how she says she is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #4171
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    September 2005
    4,973 Posts
    no that she feels trapped in her head and constantly sad plus some strange event that happened when she was 12/13 and the mere thought of drives her to tears but she says she never will divulge...
    Guilt trip/attention call. Don't fall for it, just bail. She'll be fine adn you'll be 110% better off.

Edited:

You can't be the sole source of someones happiness. It doesnt work like that and staying just because you think it'l hurt her is foolish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #4172
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts
    Seriously? How many times have we seen this line used in this thread in one form or another when being afraid to break up with a girl.

You're making excuses for yourself to not dump her. It's not your job to get her life in order, the only person that can work out her problems is herself. You might want to believe you are the most important person in the world and you breaking up with her will causes her to go over the edge, but there's not even the remote possibility of that happening. Seriously, dump her and learn from the experiences you had.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #4173
    July 2008
    1,035 Posts
    This thread speaks the truth. Go forth, young padawan, and do what must be done.

14. Post #4174
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,474 Posts
    I don't understand why some people have a huge problem with their emotions sometimes I mean it's not hard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

15. Post #4175
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,889 Posts
    cueball youre like 17 or something right?
    shes being way too overdramatic about the entire situation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

16. Post #4176
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,490 Posts
    I don't understand why some people have a huge problem with their emotions sometimes I mean it's not hard
    I just repress mine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

17. Post #4177
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,520 Posts
    cueball that's a retarded situation, if I'm remembering correctly you haven't seen her in months and she just cries the entire time you hang out. Clearly she's sending a message, if she was still into the relationship she'd cry on her own time and want to hang out with you instead. And besides that what I gather from "I'm not sexually attracted to you, just emotionally" is "I want to break up but still be friends."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

18. Post #4178
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    7,241 Posts
    Communication is obviously not a big part of that relationship
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

19. Post #4179
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,334 Posts
    yeh how dare people have medical conditions or be unable to easily control themselves after a horrible hardship. suck it up faggots!!

I just repress mine.
    AAA advice from cyclocius
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #4180
    gra

August 2011
    276 Posts
    Guilt trip/attention call. Don't fall for it, just bail. She'll be fine adn you'll be 110% better off.
    um being extremely traumatized is a serious thing that really happens to people and she's not most likely not guilt tripping you and her behavior is calling for help, not attention.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #4181
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,474 Posts
    yeh how dare people have medical conditions or be unable to easily control themselves after a horrible hardship. suck it up faggots!!
    Good parenting/no childhood trauma master race
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

22. Post #4182
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    September 2005
    4,973 Posts
    um being extremely traumatized is a serious thing that really happens to people and she's not most likely not guilt tripping you and her behavior is calling for help, not attention.
    Nope, most definitely at that age. Bail. If she needs help it's from a therapist, not from him. There's sod all he can do except get pinned down feeling to guilty to move on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #4183
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,334 Posts
    um nice one mate

a bit of sympathy goes a long way to breaking down that image you have of being a dickhead

24. Post #4184
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,474 Posts
    um nice one mate

a bit of sympathy goes a long way to breaking down that image you have of being a dickhead
    Um actually bro I'm sitting here at work bored posting without much care as to what I post. I understand people have problems and issues and all sorts of shit that I can't relate to and I'm sorry they're in their situations.

And to me, boredom is a perfectly good excuse to act like a jackass on the Internet in substitute of my generally kind/understanding self.

You can reply to this if you want but I'm not gonna say anything as I really don't feel like it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

25. Post #4185
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,751 Posts
    So, I got here to get some advice of you guys.
    Posted the story in fast threads somewhere before but this place seems more fitting.
    There's this girl which I know for nearly 3 years now and I started 'liking' her about one year ago. She was in a relationship and friendzoned me but now I managed to slip out of there and even persuaded her to break up with her BF, because she wasn't happy at all and he's a douche.

Suddenly the next day she made out with another dude and did it again the next day (today, right as I write this.)
    She told me she just wants to "play around" a bit, after breaking up and being single again and asked me if I could give her some time, but actually I'm scared that she might start a new relationship with the new dude. Should I attempt to interfer and make my move or wait?
    The new dude is 28 and in a relationship himself by the way, the girl im talking about is 18. so 10 years difference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

26. Post #4186
    August 2009
    1,264 Posts
    I was dating this girl for a good 3 months and we were really happy together. Last friday we were totally fine, with pretty much nothing antagonizing our relationship. She told me two days ago that she thought we should break up. She seemed determined to break up and not talk it out, so we broke up. With girls before I've felt angry or regretful after breaking up with them... But I just want to be with this girl again. I asked her why she broke up with me on facebook and she said she felt "caged" at how serious it was getting. And from all accounts, her facebook wall, etc, she seems happy without me. Is it right for me to try and get her back? Is it possible to get her back?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

27. Post #4187
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,334 Posts
    So, I got here to get some advice of you guys.
    Posted the story in fast threads somewhere before but this place seems more fitting.
    There's this girl which I know for nearly 3 years now and I started 'liking' her about one year ago. She was in a relationship and friendzoned me but now I managed to slip out of there and even persuaded her to break up with her BF, because she wasn't happy at all and he's a douche.

Suddenly the next day she made out with another dude and did it again the next day (today, right as I write this.)
    She told me she just wants to "play around" a bit, after breaking up and being single again and asked me if I could give her some time, but actually I'm scared that she might start a new relationship with the new dude. Should I attempt to interfer and make my move or wait?
    The new dude is 28 and in a relationship himself by the way, the girl im talking about is 18. so 10 years difference.
    has she ever explicitly said she's interested in you or whatever? sounds like you're just a friend to her and now she's having a good time. there isn't any real reason for you to interfere. let her make her own mistakes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #4188
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    Um actually bro I'm sitting here at work bored posting without much care as to what I post. I understand people have problems and issues and all sorts of shit that I can't relate to and I'm sorry they're in their situations.

And to me, boredom is a perfectly good excuse to act like a jackass on the Internet in substitute of my generally kind/understanding self.

You can reply to this if you want but I'm not gonna say anything as I really don't feel like it
    "im bein a cunt but its cool because i dont care"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

29. Post #4189
    February 2011
    564 Posts
    I was dating this girl for a good 3 months and we were really happy together. Last friday we were totally fine, with pretty much nothing antagonizing our relationship. She told me two days ago that she thought we should break up. She seemed determined to break up and not talk it out, so we broke up. With girls before I've felt angry or regretful after breaking up with them... But I just want to be with this girl again. I asked her why she broke up with me on facebook and she said she felt "caged" at how serious it was getting. And from all accounts, her facebook wall, etc, she seems happy without me. Is it right for me to try and get her back? Is it possible to get her back?
    No, sorry dude :(

30. Post #4190
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,490 Posts

AAA advice from cyclocius
    I don't really, that's a silly thing to do. If you keep doing that you go over your boyfriends house and cry on the end of the bed and...oh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

31. Post #4191
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,938 Posts
    I'm in love... enough stuffing around, today's the day I let her know how I really feel. 26 years and I've never felt this way about someone EVER, it's crazy! I'd do anything for her and I'm hoping she feels the same way. Just sent her some nice flowers at work, will see how that goes down... I'm sure she'll love it but you just never know right?

Fuck I feel like I'm 13 or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Useful Useful x 2Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #4192
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,889 Posts
    youre acting like it too!

Edited:

here's a tip, if you she has no idea how you feel about her, its not love

and the worst way to tell her is to buy her something, then it feels like there are weird obligations money-wise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

33. Post #4193
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    2,382 Posts
    youre acting like it too!

Edited:

here's a tip, if you she has no idea how you feel about her, its not love

and the worst way to tell her is to buy her something, then it feels like there are weird obligations money-wise
    Respectfully disagree, man. It's just flowers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #4194
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    they wouldn't be just flowers, if they would be just flowers he wouldn't be sending them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #4195
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    4,220 Posts

thinks parenting 100% determines child's development
    acts like an ass on the internet to people who really weren't asking for it
    obviously the most popular kid in 8th grade

36. Post #4196
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,938 Posts
    It is in a small way 'just flowers'. I maybe exaggerated a bit when I said enough is enough, what I mean is I'm not going to be coy about it any more. I have no doubt she's aware about how I feel for her, and that's been hinted at, but she's a bit like me in that we've always been a bit...not 'shy' but just not overly expressive about our feelings. She knows I love giving little gifts like that (and I have done so in the past, just not to quite as big a degree) so I do know she'll appreciate it and acknowledge that it's a bit of a step up for me. I'm not diving in head first, I just want to make it clear how much I care for her.

I suppose for you guys, without knowing the history of her life and the time between the two of us, it's not really easy for you to make a call on the effectiveness or sanity of what I do with her. All I can say is that I know it feels RIGHT, and I can only hope she feels the same way. We'll see...

Edited:

She loved it... Will probably talk to her more a bit later since she's at work but, that's what I was hoping for :) Just got a couple of messages from her saying everyone else in the office is jealous. Ace!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

37. Post #4197
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,899 Posts

You come to a place where people want help with their lives, so you can misrepresent your own view on life just to make people feel bad about themselves because you're bored at work? And to top if off, no one thought you were funny! How sad, mate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

38. Post #4198
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    My girlfriend got shipped off to georgia because her parents are fucking psycho :(
    I didn't even get a good bye.

I hate everything. I love her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

39. Post #4199
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    9,869 Posts
    My girlfriend got shipped off to georgia because her parents are fucking psycho :(
    I didn't even get a good bye.

I hate everything. I love her.
    Why?

40. Post #4200
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,751 Posts
    has she ever explicitly said she's interested in you or whatever? sounds like you're just a friend to her and now she's having a good time. there isn't any real reason for you to interfere. let her make her own mistakes
    Yeah, she did actually.
    That was also on year ago, but she said I'm getting more and more complicated for her, becuase she starts feeling in ways that go beyond friendshiep, when thinking of me.
    But yeah, that was some time ago. Mhh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events