2,898 Posts
    Is that not the one you bought?
    i am going to buy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #323
    November 2008
    1,193 Posts
    Good luck...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #324
    November 2008
    1,193 Posts
    Gah! I cannot think of anymore abstract ideas. I don't want to end up just shooting walls and lights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #325
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    took me 10 minutes to get deleted for trying to help someone improve
    oh well, it's a lost cause

6. Post #326
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    Oh my goodness, guys! Someone on Facebook who seems to actually know what she's talking about when discussing cameras! This is like 1 in a million!

On a side note, finally snow has fallen in the GTA but sadly I have exams to study for and a Java project to get done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

7. Post #327
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts

better?

8. Post #328
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,026 Posts
    ALERT! There is very heavy geomagnetic activity and it may get stronger as the night goes on - Look out for Auroras
    http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/pmap/index.html

It's too cloudy here ATM. But for anyone else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

9. Post #329
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,133 Posts
    http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/pmap/index.html

It's too cloudy here ATM. But for anyone else.
    Nothing over Scotland right now :(

10. Post #330
    April 2009
    824 Posts
    Was wondering, what do people use to edit videos? Something like this:

Or any other kind of video, really.

11. Post #331
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,861 Posts
    sony vegas or adobe premiere. i personally like premiere a lot more but CS3 doesn't support avchd so i had to switch to sony :/

12. Post #332
    November 2008
    1,193 Posts
    Windows typically people use Sony Vegas. Sony Vegas 11 was released not too long ago but all that does is crash for me so I use Sony Vegas 10. I am probably going to start learning Premiere Pro CS5 soon just because it has a dynamic link with After Effects and it could save me so much time, effort and quality.

If you're on I Mac, Final Cut Pro 7 is the way to go. There's always FCP X but that's more like iMovie which I don't like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #333
    January 2008
    1,840 Posts
    I've always used Premiere, but that was for a class in high school, and i became pretty good with it. If I ever get back to filming things, I'd probably stick with that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #334
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    fcp x sucks donkey balls, fcp 7 is great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #335
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    Avid Media Composer and Final Cut Pro master race
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #336
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    Also, I made a comic. It would be cool if you guys gave some feedback on what you like and don't like so I know where to improve: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/115...1#post34356277
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

17. Post #337
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts

i feel almost sad, oh well

goodbye my dearest 1000D

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #338
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,126 Posts
    Just to let any of you northerners know, they're a good chance of seeing the northern lights tonight in most northern latitudes.

Wow, 3 'norths' in one sentence.

Anyway, just to let you know, in case any of you fancied watching (or photographing them, hint, hint).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #339
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,848 Posts
    Just to let any of you northerners know, they're a good chance of seeing the northern lights tonight in most northern latitudes.

Wow, 3 'norths' in one sentence.

Anyway, just to let you know, in case any of you fancied watching (or photographing them, hint, hint).
    how far north is north in this? I know I won't be seeing anything but I've got a few friends and family in the middle of nowhere along the minnesota/canada border

20. Post #340
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,126 Posts
    how far north is north in this? I know I won't be seeing anything but I've got a few friends and family in the middle of nowhere along the minnesota/canada border
    They were visible in northern england last night, so anywhere along the Canadian boarder (especially if there's not much light pollution) should be good... Hopefully.

It's worth just sticking your head outside for an hour or two if you've never seen them before though.

21. Post #341
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,133 Posts
    I saw a faint glow last night, from Edinburgh, around 7:30pm.

The clouds then rolled in.

There was a pretty strong one that coincided with a clear night 3 years ago, sadly wasn't there, and the last massive aurora storm was ruined by cloud cover over all of Scotland :(

22. Post #342
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,126 Posts
    The weather seems to be clear in most of Britain tonight.
    It's cool that it is actually possible to see them occasionally in the UK.

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,604 Posts
    London and light pollution destroys my chances of seeing stars, let alone the northern lights.
    I guess that's why they're called the northern lights though

24. Post #344
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,133 Posts
    They're almost weekly in the far North of Scotland.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #345
    October 2011
    726 Posts
    I've never seen the northern lights, but I think it'd be a pretty cool experience. I'm not north enough, though.

26. Post #346
    November 2008
    1,193 Posts
    Well I'm pissed. So you know that contest I asked some of you guys to vote for? Well apparently they had "an unexpected technical error in the online vote collection process" which probably means they lost all our votes. So, the voting has been re-enabled until the 3rd of February. I ask of you again, if you have any spare time, to please vote for Memorial (Jake, Billy, Chris and Ben). You can vote once a day, every day.
    http://www.fox47.com/sections/contes...os/vid_1.shtml

Any vote helps, it would be awesome to have this on my college app plus $2,500 towards improving the photo department
    Thanks guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #347
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    4,502 Posts
    Just ordered a D7000 for $1500 with this lens, did I do the mistake of my life or is it a good price

Edited:

Well I'm pissed. So you know that contest I asked some of you guys to vote for? Well apparently they had "an unexpected technical error in the online vote collection process" which probably means they lost all our votes. So, the voting has been re-enabled until the 3rd of February. I ask of you again, if you have any spare time, to please vote for Memorial (Jake, Billy, Chris and Ben). You can vote once a day, every day.

Any vote helps, it would be awesome to have this on my college app plus $2,500 towards improving the photo department
    Thanks guys.
    voted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

28. Post #348
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    That's about retail price in the US so it seems fine. You might have overpaid by about $200, but taxes and import so I don't know. You certainly didn't get a terrible deal if you did overpay by a bit.

29. Post #349
    November 2008
    1,193 Posts
    If you could describe high school in one picture, what would it be?

30. Post #350
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,133 Posts
    Spent 3 hours with my flatmate on Arthur's Seat, with it being many degrees below zero and extremely windy.

No sign of the Aurora, it became too cloudy again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,222 Posts
    Arsing about with the 10-24 I bought. SO WIDE. Didn't feel the 12-24 was much better, but only constant use will prove that. 10mm distorts heavily but its fun.

10mm

17mm

How do you feel about the sharpness? Haven't used it wide open yet, but it seems quite impressive stopped down a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #352
    Sometimes i fall down :(
    July 2008
    3,195 Posts
    Anyone know how to make the background a bit white-er?
    I've messed around with the settings, and looked at others Exif data to try to match that, but no dice

Waiting for the train by Eddieo92, on Flickr

33. Post #353
    November 2008
    1,193 Posts
    Anyone know how to make the background a bit white-er?
    I've messed around with the settings, and looked at others Exif data to try to match that, but no dice

Waiting for the train by Eddieo92, on Flickr
    Have you tried levels?

That with replace color I got this.

Little blown out, can be fixed with a few other adjustments. Still learning photoshop here and there so there's probably an easier way to do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

34. Post #354
    Sometimes i fall down :(
    July 2008
    3,195 Posts
    Oh sweet, thanks dude

35. Post #355
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    834 Posts
    Has anyone here ever taken AP Studio art?

36. Post #356
    December 2009
    1,242 Posts

Thanks guys.
    I may have said it before but that is really amazing for a highschool video. If you hadn't told me I would n't have known it wasn't a professionally made video especially compared to the competition.

It gets the point across excellently and I really just have nothing but compliments for it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #357
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,125 Posts
    So we have a school assignment where we are supposed to make something that doesn't look real, but looks natural.

You're supposed to see immediately that it is not real, but it should look like it could have been real.

I was thinking a form of the good ol' bopie float, but I want to make the whole thing more exciting than just a guy floating, so if anyone has any good ideas, feel free to shoot them this way, I really suck at thinking this stuff out myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

38. Post #358
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,861 Posts
    i figured out that i'm really dumb last night
    there's a tripod mount on my FD to E mount converter for when i shoot my canon lenses on my nex, and when you don't have the tripod mount screwed in there's two little holes allowing light in to distort the image.
    so now i know why i get weird color fringing lol. got to get some electrical tape
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #359
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,222 Posts
    Gosh darn Royal Mail lost my 50 1.8D, yes I was so close to owning one once again! Amazon are going to refund it at least. First time Royal Mail have let me down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

40. Post #360
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,861 Posts
    oh wow they just outright lost it? that's an absolute bummer sorry man :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)