1. Post #601
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,406 Posts
    Rarely resize unless I'm over the 20mb limit on flickr.

I usually share images at 500, 640, or 1024 wide and use 900px high (keeps even for horizontal scroll) images for my portfolio.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #602
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,371 Posts
    I just hit a fucking deer driving home from the 24/7 coffee store. It royally messed up the grill and bumper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #603
    November 2008
    2,273 Posts
    I just hit a fucking deer driving home from the 24/7 coffee store. It royally messed up the grill and bumper.
    should have taken it home with you, tenderized roadkill venison mmmm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #604
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,371 Posts
    should have taken it home with you, tenderized roadkill venison mmmm
    It got up and ran away. The deer literally did a barrel roll when we hit it, resulting in an explosion of fur.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,207 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #606
    November 2008
    2,273 Posts
    ah i see, probably ran off then died later :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #607
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,430 Posts
    Rumours say it's still flying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

8. Post #608
    The store that sells the Nikon D3100s at a decent price ($840 ) must either get one per shipment or sell them like fucking warm bread because they're all gone a day after they restock

So mad last week when one guy told me he'd "reserve one" and the day after another guy tells me they don't do reservations. So I have to wait another week or two for them to restock in order to buy the damn thing.
    So excited, though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #609
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,434 Posts
    Not sure where I should post this, but I figured this is probably the best place.
    I'm into making videos, but I first I need a camcorder. I tried looking around a bit and found a Rollei Movieline sd10. From my limited knowledge it looks pretty good and it's pretty cheap. Problem is that it's suspiciously cheap and when I try to search for it on google I don't find anything helpful, not even a review. So I'm just asking if anybody knows anything about it or have anything to help me know if it's good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

10. Post #610
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    looks like a generic cheap chinese plaything

get a 550D/T2i/Kiss X4, they're all the same
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #611
    Not sure where I should post this, but I figured this is probably the best place.
    I'm into making videos, but I first I need a camcorder. I tried looking around a bit and found a Rollei Movieline sd10. From my limited knowledge it looks pretty good and it's pretty cheap. Problem is that it's suspiciously cheap and when I try to search for it on google I don't find anything helpful, not even a review. So I'm just asking if anybody knows anything about it or have anything to help me know if it's good.
    Don't buy anything you can't get a good review of, imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #612
    November 2008
    1,196 Posts
    Do you have a budget?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #613
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,434 Posts
    looks like a generic cheap chinese plaything

get a 550D/T2i/Kiss X4, they're all the same
    I can't afford that, cheapest I found it was $745, while the sd10 is only $65. I don't have a lot of money at the moment, but thanks anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

14. Post #614
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    ah, that makes sense

15. Post #615
    RESIDENT ASBESTOS OBSESSIVE
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

16. Post #616
    also useful for ebay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

17. Post #617
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,279 Posts
    oh DAMMIT I didn't see you post this here b-haz

18. Post #618
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,861 Posts
    my 30mm 1.4 arrived! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

19. Post #619

Just a lil' something I made, inspired by STA's ''LEARN''.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #620
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,207 Posts
    I just loaded a roll of Ektar in my camera. Never used it before.

Excited.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #621
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,207 Posts
    Also, went to an open mic night at a cafe in town tonight to see my friend Sam play. He introduced one of his new songs by explaining that he'd written it after being inspired by one of my photographs.

That was nice :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

22. Post #622
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    So tempted to do this because the silver ring on my kit just annoys me that much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

23. Post #623
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,430 Posts
    So tempted to do this because the silver ring on my kit just annoys me that much.
    Not sure if you're sarcastic or not.

Edited:

Hopefully sarcastic, lenses shouldn't be fashion accessories.

24. Post #624
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    I was being sarcastic. I would look like a total ass if I did that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

25. Post #625
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,986 Posts
    i'd do it if i had canon lenses. the red looks nicer regardless if it's L or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,371 Posts
    Today is my birthday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

27. Post #627
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,848 Posts
    Happy Birthday :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #628
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,430 Posts
    Today is my birthday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #629
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,848 Posts

he's got all of us beat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

30. Post #630
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,572 Posts
    So, my father taught me about f-stop and what all the numbers mean on the lens. My photography friend(who's pretty darn good) is going to teach me how to develop black&white film(the film I'm using). I also learned that the polarized lens screws into the lens, and that I have one.

Stupid question, but is there ever a reason to not have the polarized lens/filter(?) on?

31. Post #631
    September 2008
    1,509 Posts
    Stupid question, but is there ever a reason to not have the polarized lens/filter(?) on?
    A polarizer also reduces the light coming through by 1 stop, so it's not good to use in dark environments. Also any filter will reduce the sharpness of the lens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #632
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,279 Posts
    A polarizer also reduces the light coming through by 1 stop, so it's not good to use in dark environments. Also any filter will reduce the sharpness of the lens.
    since I'm using TMax400 film mostly right now, I don't really worry too much about the sharpness of the lens overall because of the grain it naturally produces. I LOVE keeping my red filter and a polarizer on my film camera for walkin' around because I can pull wider apertures in direct sunlight for all sorts of shenanigans, and the red filter darkens (blue) skies and makes skin really high-key

only downside to the skin thing is lips are just as light as skin sometimes, depending on lipstick.

also orange/white caution stripes just vanish, it's one of those "man am I dumb" moments trying to figure out why a pattern you liked just vanished from your film

33. Post #633
    This title is totally OVERKILL™!
    November 2011
    8,246 Posts
    Just wondering, what's better: Tumblr or Flickr?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

34. Post #634
    Just wondering, what's better: Tumblr or Flickr?
    Flickr if you want to upload pictures and be taken seriously
    Tumblr is good for things like 365 projects though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events

35. Post #635
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,861 Posts
    'There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
    There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
    There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
    I love not man the less, but Nature more'

guys help me think of photos for lines 3, 4 & 5.

need as many ideas as possible

36. Post #636
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,207 Posts
    Also, went to an open mic night at a cafe in town tonight to see my friend Sam play. He introduced one of his new songs by explaining that he'd written it after being inspired by one of my photographs.

That was nice :)
    I was on my phone when writing that. Here's the said photo in question :)

Man in Pub by edwin.quast, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #637
    April 2009
    828 Posts
    I think i got some particles on my viewfinder thing on my ae-1p. anyone know how to get rid of it? or should i just live with it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

38. Post #638
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,986 Posts
    I think i got some particles on my viewfinder thing on my ae-1p. anyone know how to get rid of it? or should i just live with it
    i have some on mine, i think it's from the mirror. if there's stuff still there check the finder, and the top of the prism, but either way it won't actually affect image quality because it's not on the film
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #639
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    Flickr if you want to upload pictures and be taken seriously
    Tumblr is good for things like 365 projects though.
    Well, I don't think flickr is exactly the best place to get taken seriously. 500px is better.

40. Post #640
    January 2012
    191 Posts
    Just got my Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 HSMII. Too bad I didnt have enough money for the OS version, but this lens is AWESOME.

Buy it.

Now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)