1. Post #1281
    ffFf
    June 2005
    5,914 Posts
    It takes the non-monochrome image, converts it to Lab instead of RGB and takes averages of the a and b channels vs Lightness and puts them in a table. The darkening turned out to be because I should have converted the monochrome image to Lab as well and taken the L channel before applying the table, rather than using the values directly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

2. Post #1282
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,245 Posts
    Boom!
    4000 word assignment written today.
    Now, rolling a spliff, having a shower and heading to a party.
    Love you guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #1283
    November 2008
    2,340 Posts
    you too pick, have a toke on me :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1284
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,230 Posts
    Starting using Instagram on Android (EWWWWWWWWWWWW) and its actually quite fun, silly playing with filters but I like not playing with sliders and having a nice list view of square photos.

Camera got a bit of a new paint job when I lent it to my friend for his photo project. How should I go about cleaning this dirty beast?

HE GOT IT ON ALL OF THE LENSES GOSH DARNIT DARIUS I WANT A REFUND
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

5. Post #1285
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,241 Posts
    did it get on the glass? i'd just leave it like that. took me a while to ever notice it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #1286
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    Hell my camera got covered in white chalk. I just left it and eventually it got itself rubbed off.

If it's on the glass though then get to cleaning that shit. What do you guys use as far as liquid solution on lenses?

7. Post #1287
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,702 Posts
    clean his face with your fist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1288
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,945 Posts
    Hell my camera got covered in white chalk. I just left it and eventually it got itself rubbed off.

If it's on the glass though then get to cleaning that shit. What do you guys use as far as liquid solution on lenses?
    to clean anything camera related I use isopropyl alcohol, it dries streak-free.

Edited:

clean his face with your fist
    you tell 'em angry Fry!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #1289
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,230 Posts
    Front and rear glass is fine on each lens thankfully. He owes me lunch tomorrow! Pour some on any cloth and get to rubbing be okay H4Z3Y?

Oh my penguin!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #1290
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,596 Posts
    I remember not so long ago someone was looking for the back of a something 220, as a replacement part. While doing research into camera stores in my area I've found a page of old camera backs and may be able to assist him. Anyone remember whom that was?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

11. Post #1291
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,945 Posts
    Front and rear glass is fine on each lens thankfully. He owes me lunch tomorrow! Pour some on any cloth and get to rubbing be okay H4Z3Y?

Oh my penguin!
    yup, mine came in a spray bottle so I use it like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

12. Post #1292
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    474 Posts
    You know how if you scan C-41 black and white film as colour, it comes out with weird tints to it? Well, I really liked how the tint looked and today I got bored and wrote a program that generates a look-up-table from images like that, to apply them to actual monochrome ones, because I didn't really like what I attempted in photoshop with that.

Example:
    input image to generate table
    IMG1

monochrome image
    IMG2

output
    IMG3

Worked kind of alright, just need to figure out why the output gets so much darker :x

Edited:

oh hey, fixed it

IMG4
    Great idea and the photos are awesome in my opinion especially the second one.

They remind me of THX 1138 somehow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

13. Post #1293
    April 2011
    244 Posts
    I remember not so long ago someone was looking for the back of a something 220, as a replacement part. While doing research into camera stores in my area I've found a page of old camera backs and may be able to assist him. Anyone remember whom that was?
    It was me. I'm looking for a Mamiya C22 220 back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

14. Post #1294
    November 2008
    1,202 Posts
    Okay so question; If I were to buy a Zoom H4n, and throw a windscreen on it, would I be set to go and able to throw it on a boom stick? Or isn't there a different way I should be doing it?

15. Post #1295
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,245 Posts
    Boom!
    4000 word assignment written today.
    Now, rolling a spliff, having a shower and heading to a party.
    Love you guys.
    Just got back from the party. It's a beautiful day and I ended up shaving my hair into a mohawk.
    Pictures later. I gotta go and hand in the paper I wrote yesterday, now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

16. Post #1296
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    Okay so question; If I were to buy a Zoom H4n, and throw a windscreen on it, would I be set to go and able to throw it on a boom stick? Or isn't there a different way I should be doing it?
    iirc it has a tripod thread on it, so you can convert that to a mic stand thread and stick it on.
    bear in mind you may need a shockmount

rycote.com have good shit for that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #1297
    ffFf
    June 2005
    5,914 Posts
    Great idea and the photos are awesome in my opinion especially the second one.

They remind me of THX 1138 somehow.
    Thanks!

Also, I ended up watching that movie last night and rather liked it, so thank you for letting me know of its existence
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #1298
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    I returned the Canon 100-400 lens I borrowed. I now know long lenses like the 100-400 don't appeal to me in the slightest. They are good for special events where you have to stand far away, but I think a 85mm on my crop-sensor is as far as I'll go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

19. Post #1299
    ffFf
    June 2005
    5,914 Posts
    saw an om-1n with a 50mm f/1.8 for 50 quid in an old crap shop today, the guy let me have a look and it's in fully working condition, apparently they got it half an hour before i was there, and it even has a bettery in it

even though i'm pretty broke, really tempted to buy it just to resell it on ebay

Edited:

also pretty sure the guy would sell it for a little less if i asked nicely :X
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #1300
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,596 Posts
    I'm in the search for a shoe mount(I think that's the right term) for my om-1. My father had one, but it has disappered. It's strange that you'd need the mount, and not just have it built in.

Edited:

It was me. I'm looking for a Mamiya C22 220 back.
    Tons of backs for Mamiya C22, but none with 220 after them. Do you know if it's interchangeable at all?

21. Post #1301
    March 2011
    654 Posts
    Just wondering does anyone have a tapestry strap that they would part with for 5 plus what ever postage would be?

22. Post #1302
    April 2011
    244 Posts
    Tons of backs for Mamiya C22, but none with 220 after them. Do you know if it's interchangeable at all?
    haha, I made the same mistake. I'm looking for the 120 back, not 220. it's definitely interchangeable, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

23. Post #1303
    March 2011
    654 Posts

Done two cameras now. Just enough leatherette for two cameras for 3.50
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #1304
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,596 Posts
    haha, I made the same mistake. I'm looking for the 120 back, not 220. it's definitely interchangeable, though.
    Tell me if any of these work.
    BACK,220 MAMIYA RB67 PRO-S
    FILM BACK,220 MAMIYA RZ
    BACK,220 MAMIYA 645 SUPER
    BACK,645 MAMIYA RB67
    BACK,120 MAMIYA 645
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1305
    November 2008
    1,202 Posts
    iirc it has a tripod thread on it, so you can convert that to a mic stand thread and stick it on.
    bear in mind you may need a shockmount

rycote.com have good shit for that
    Think i should do that, or find a decent shotgun mic?

26. Post #1306
    January 2008
    1,840 Posts
    Tell me if any of these work.
    BACK,220 MAMIYA RB67 PRO-S
    FILM BACK,220 MAMIYA RZ
    BACK,220 MAMIYA 645 SUPER
    BACK,645 MAMIYA RB67
    BACK,120 MAMIYA 645
    None of those will work for him, those are completely different cameras. Has to be a Mamiya C2, C3, C22, C33, or Mamiyaflex C type camera for it to fit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1307
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,945 Posts
    none would work for him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

28. Post #1308
    January 2011
    458 Posts
    Been looking for a 60D and found this, brand new for 300.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-EOS-...item3a72eb8688

This can't be right can it? You can't even get a used one for 300...

What do you guys think?

29. Post #1309
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    not legit at all
    nobody has posted feedback about it

30. Post #1310
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    474 Posts
    This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.
    Case solved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1311
    March 2006
    4,149 Posts
    I made an HDR over a long long long while because the weather was absolute crap (and i figured hdr was the only way to go)

before & after
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

32. Post #1312
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,596 Posts
    Here's a quote in the manual for the sprocket rocket I share with my uncle.
    "Cameras do not make pictures for you. No matter how advanced, how prestigious, how expensive or conversely, how plain your camera may be, the image is always derived from the photographer. This is something we have forgotten in recent times. At the end of the day, it is the person behind the camera who makes the difference. That person is you and you are the one who has to go out and discover something fresh."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

33. Post #1313
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,241 Posts
    so my birthday was on friday, and my mom got me an iphone 4s!
    this is an incredibly big deal to me, because my previous phone was a flip phone lol. feels so cool to have an internet capable device on hand
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

34. Post #1314
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,983 Posts
    so my birthday was on friday, and my mom got me an iphone 4s!
    this is an incredibly big deal to me, because my previous phone was a flip phone lol. feels so cool to have an internet capable device on hand
    Now you can use Instagram and join us real photographers artists.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

35. Post #1315
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,241 Posts
    oh i got instagram, though every filter except for hefe offends me. i'll stick to PS express for my editing lol

36. Post #1316
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    181 Posts
    I made an HDR over a long long long while because the weather was absolute crap (and i figured hdr was the only way to go)

before & after
    Doing HDR right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

37. Post #1317
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    I am having the biggest creative dip ever. My photoshop class requires us to make a new scene using 10 objects or whatever that were never part of a single scene.
    All my ideas suck. Thought about using the Grand Canyon and putting stuff like skiers and buildings in it but everything sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #1318

before & after
    Doing both HDR and fisheye right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #1319
    March 2006
    4,149 Posts
    Doing both HDR and fisheye right
    Here's a full(er) version as well
    http://jaanus.cc/pictures/Kakerdaja_sml_final.jpg

It's so crisp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1320
    March 2011
    654 Posts
    CommunistCat is going to a mental asylum tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)