1. Post #1401
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,449 Posts
    Brain Farm released their 2012 film reel, if anyone's interested.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

2. Post #1402
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    fuck me that's some beautiful work right there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

3. Post #1403
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,948 Posts
    The high speed stuff was beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #1404
    Spent the afternoon making a new battery mount for my camera because, you know, fuck paying $150 for a new battery with half the capacity.

god damn that is so ghetto
    did you happen to document the building? I'd love to read about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events

5. Post #1405
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,637 Posts
    is that a SURFING VERSION OF ART OF FLIGHT

holy shit i love art of flight

Art of flight

art
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #1406
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    So I take it you're freshly blazed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #1407
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,099 Posts
    god damn that is so ghetto
    did you happen to document the building? I'd love to read about it.
    No but it's nothing special. It's just a bent up hard drive bracket and the meshing from a 2wire router. The mounting holes on the camera are universal so you could fit several types of batteries using four screws.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #1408
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    Guys, my girlfriend is coming back from a trip in two days and I want to get her a present
    But I suck at presents
    Any original ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

9. Post #1409
    What does she love, or you two have in common?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

10. Post #1410
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,944 Posts
    Guys, my girlfriend is coming back from a trip in two days and I want to get her a present
    But I suck at presents
    Any original ideas?
    get her a hasselblad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #1411
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    get her a hasselblad
    She isn't into photography the way I am, otherwise that would obviously be my first choice.
    But there are plenty of things we have in common. Maybe I'll give her a personal gift basket or something??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1412
    Give her a good blowjob.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #1413
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,008 Posts
    a nice review of the sony fs700 came out
    pretty impressive stuff for AVCHD 24mbit. i think it's the lowest priced high speed full hd camera, and will be the lowest priced 4k recorder once the external recorder comes out for it. the high speed features of the camera are really sweet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #1414
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    Is bopie okay?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #1415
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,008 Posts
    Is bopie okay?
    yes he is

16. Post #1416
    But I suck at presents
    Any original ideas?
    Printed and nicely framed picture of the both of you?

17. Post #1417
    November 2008
    2,277 Posts
    over exposure to woodland scenery have driven the poor boy mad.. R.I.P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #1418
    over exposure to woodland scenery have driven the poor boy mad.. R.I.P
    RIP, He was a good P.H.O.T.O.G.R.A.P.H.E.R. *sad guitar*

On another note i've been playing a ton of STALKER and I really want to set up a campfire in the woods and go with my friends in paintball gear and take pictures of the whole thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #1419
    November 2008
    2,277 Posts
    we mus bury his remains in the woods.. and bury him in one of his sweaters.. at golden hour.

and we will all take brenizer method shots of the entire ceremony
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1420
    November 2008
    1,197 Posts
    Is bopie okay?
    Did something happen?

21. Post #1421
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    i'm guessing he's asking that because bopie's been posting some funny/stupid stuff as of late

not that there's anything wrong with what he's posting, I wasn't really around when he used to post photos so I have no clue how his current posting compares to his older posting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #1422
    June 2008
    700 Posts
    I have a Sanyo CG10 handcam for lightweight usage but I've got this horrible awful fucking problem.

The display remains extremely zoomed in, and it does when I take video with it as well, even when I decrease the zoom all the way. However, when I take pictures it takes them as if it were not zoomed in. I've looked through all the settings but cant find jack shit. Anyone got a solution?

23. Post #1423
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,008 Posts
    maybe the sensor crops itself when filming video? kind of like if you film video on an iphone it is more zoomed than if you merely take pictures. did it used to do this?

24. Post #1424
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    RIP Bopie, you were like a hipster to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

25. Post #1425
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,411 Posts
    Like? Bitch I am soooo the hippest.

Brenizer fail.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #1426
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,948 Posts
    That looked a whole lot better in my head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #1427
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,411 Posts
    That looked a whole lot better in my head.
    S'way she goes boys.

Too tight of an area.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #1428
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,008 Posts
    you don't have a hip toilet unless you have one of these
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1429
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,411 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

30. Post #1430
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,008 Posts
    oh wow i stand corrected
    ~*moustache*~

31. Post #1431
    This title is totally OVERKILL™!
    November 2011
    8,266 Posts
    our photography teacher encourages us to use instagram

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #1432
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,449 Posts
    our photography teacher encourages us to use instagram

Instagram is good for not worrying about post production and relying on pure composition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1433
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    It also encourages people to think of photography as more than just a straight forward taking quick snaps kind of thing

unfortunately, it also encourages using canned post production to make an image "good", in other words it teaches nothing about composition or anything like that.

but I agree that it can also teach people to rely more on the production value, it's just, really most of the people abuse it, take a photo of something ridiculously generic often with a shitty angle and terrible composition, slap on a filter and think it's great

34. Post #1434
    So today I got something that'll require my "locker with a padlock that contains things that my sister isn't allowed to fuck with" to be bigger

awwww yeeeee
    Gov't issued Atom/1GB/160GB netbook, to be used as a "tool for education" which will also allow me to post stuff on the go and save photos and play ~CS 1.6~ between classes.

35. Post #1435
    June 2008
    700 Posts
    maybe the sensor crops itself when filming video? kind of like if you film video on an iphone it is more zoomed than if you merely take pictures. did it used to do this?
    No I'm almost absolutely positive that it didn't used to do this. Maybe my head is fucking with me.

36. Post #1436
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    i'm guessing he's asking that because bopie's been posting some funny/stupid stuff as of late

not that there's anything wrong with what he's posting, I wasn't really around when he used to post photos so I have no clue how his current posting compares to his older posting
    Pretty much this. I really can't tell if he's joking or if he's really really depressed and taking out his depression on posting funny stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

37. Post #1437
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,008 Posts
    i think you are looking a little deep in his posting habits, i'm sure he's fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1438
    November 2008
    1,197 Posts
    bopie, do you need to talk to someone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

39. Post #1439
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,226 Posts
    Hi guys, looking for recommendations on a good 2TB External FW800 drive, for video and photo storage as well as editing off with FCP. I would happily spend if it was a reliable drive from a good brand, but I would prefer to save.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #1440
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,091 Posts
    I've just lost 300GB of pictures that I've taken since I got my DSLR. Everything's gone. :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11 (list)