1. Post #841
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,659 Posts
    Hey guys, I have a question.
    So, I tried shooting in raw with my D7000's NEF. files but I can't open them in photoshop. Any idea how to fix it? I've googled and googled, updated photoshop etc. but I can't get it to work.

Anybody have any ideas?

What version of photoshop are you using?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #842
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,534 Posts
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13537916/Camera%20Raw.8bi

Put this in the file formats folder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #843
    I'm about to spend 930 US Dollars for a D3100 with nothing besides the regular stuff that comes in the box.

It's 600 bucks in the US. I could get an extra lens and a bag for the price I pay here.

I hate my country so damn much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #844
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,084 Posts
    If you're dying for something cheap the Olympus pen epl 1 is mad cheap, it's like 250 US dollars. If you want to save some money for a better kit later
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

5. Post #845
    500 USD here.

Nah, I really want that camera. I've read the reviews, and I finally have the cash. It just pisses me off that any electronics here are anywhere from 20 to 100 percent more expensive than they are in the US.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #846
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,893 Posts
    is there any way to buy it in the US and ship it over?

7. Post #847
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,084 Posts
    That sucks I'm sorry. But there's no way to get it shipped from the US?

8. Post #848
    Shipping it from a US store would end up costing like, $800, and I'm pretty sure it'd get caught in customs (my president thinks it's an AMAZING idea to charge more for importing stuff because that's totally going to benefit the local industry, RIGHT GUYS?) or broken since the postal service here is total shit.
    I got a filter earlier this week, the packaging was ripped open. Like, not even opened and then resealed, it was straight ripped open.

If anyone from like, south america has bought a camera or some other piece of expensive, fragile equipement from the US, and it arrived fine, please let me know and link me to the store or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #849
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,426 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #850
    Checking Amazon's stores comes up with "restricted international" bullshit. I'll keep looking, I haven't bought it here yet, anyway.
    I'm guessing my best bet is someone in the US buying it and sending it to me, but I don't know anyone trustworthy there. Wish I had family members or something.

edit: I'm from Argentina, seeing as flagdog is gone for some reason

11. Post #851
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,893 Posts
    this is why I miss flagdog
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

12. Post #852
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts

this my new friend
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #853
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,434 Posts
    I know the whole "I am a photographer, not a terrorist" movement is kind of a point to make, but if you're specifically harassing the police by taking pictures of him just to push your bounds, you are technically acting only out of malice and terrorism. That's what Westboro technically does to everybody all the time ever

!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #854
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    Woops late by a page ;)))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

15. Post #855
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    I know the whole "I am a photographer, not a terrorist" movement is kind of a point to make, but if you're specifically harassing the police by taking pictures of him just to push your bounds, you are technically acting only out of malice and terrorism. That's what Westboro technically does to everybody all the time ever

!!
    maybe you should watch the video of this

Edited:

i'm the one who screamed "what the fuck"
    i was in literal shock.
    i saw them all scramble into a line and whip out their batons
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

16. Post #856
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,426 Posts
    Trying way too hard to make yourself a victim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

17. Post #857
    June 2011
    660 Posts
    -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

18. Post #858
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,189 Posts
    If I was running down the street with friends, screaming and yelling, I wouldn't be surprised if the police tried to stop me tbh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events

19. Post #859
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,534 Posts
    It almost was hardcore enough to make that guy outside the pizza hut move away and smoke somewhere else!

00:58 - OH MY GOD THE INJUSTICE! BRUTALITY.

The police did nothing wrong, your video tries way too hard to make it seem like it was some crazy police abuse or power or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

20. Post #860
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,893 Posts
    thats why i never get angry at those police brutality videos that make the news unless you can see the entire backstory

sometimes police have to use force, i'm not going to get mad at them for doing their job unless it was clearly unnecessary
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #861
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    181 Posts
    Just found out my sister has cancer :/

She messaged me on facebook about it and I haven't even replied, like, what do I even say to something like that. I'm stuck 7000 miles away, fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10 (list)

22. Post #862
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,084 Posts
    Just found out my sister has cancer :/

She messaged me on facebook about it and I haven't even replied, like, what do I even say to something like that. I'm stuck 7000 miles away, fuck.
    That's awful :( you should reply though, she needs your support now more than ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #863
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    It almost was hardcore enough to make that guy outside the pizza hut move away and smoke somewhere else!

00:58 - OH MY GOD THE INJUSTICE! BRUTALITY.

The police did nothing wrong, your video tries way too hard to make it seem like it was some crazy police abuse or power or something.
    i was just filming what was happening. the police were trying to stop us getting around the corner to see the nazis

Edited:

I might not see the full context but if a group of 20 slogan yelling people is running down a street I can understand that the police is worried. It looks like you wanted to go somewhere to protest something and the fact that you were running and the police prevented you from going there it doesn't look like it was authorised.
    again, you weren't there

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...6908-23766453/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #864
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,189 Posts
    i was just filming what was happening. the police were trying to stop us getting around the corner to see the nazis

Edited:

again, you weren't there

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...6908-23766453/
    So they were stopping you from starting a large fight in the middle of Glasgow?

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

25. Post #865
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    So they were stopping you from starting a large fight in the middle of Glasgow?

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.
    "Folks were running to the corner of Argyle & Jamaica to shout abuse at the fash, police formed a line and wouldn't let them, it was a small group, not many, we just went round the other corner and shouted at them from there."

Edited:

I know they wanted to stop us, but they did not have to get a dog out and threaten us with batons.

26. Post #866
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,189 Posts
    "Folks were running to the corner of Argyle & Jamaica to shout abuse at the fash, police formed a line and wouldn't let them, it was a small group, not many, we just went round the other corner and shouted at them from there."
    Try looking at this from the viewpoint of the police officers.

They had no fucking way at all to know you wouldn't start a fight with them.

A large crowd running and yelling towards another large crowd doesn't exactly seem quite peaceful does it?

It's their job to maintain peace and order, and that's what they were doing by holding you back.

27. Post #867
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    also, after the demo dried up, one of the police (admittedly, one of the few bad ones that day) hit my friends camera out of his hand and pulled his face cover down.

he was wearing a face cover to avoid identification on redwatch.

both actions were illegal

28. Post #868
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,426 Posts
    [h2]The Glasgow Massacre[/h2] Batons were raised - A camera was struck!

Forever thankful the vigilant, brutalized Knight of Justice Cueball was heroically able to document the tragic oppression that took place that fateful day. He will forever go down in history as the one who stood up and fought for truth and democracy in the face of corrupt authority. It is the common man, the street warriors, who will rise up and overthrow a system of government designed to restrict freedoms. Without Cueball's efforts to show the world what really happened that day, these men would go unpunished, left to continue their dictatorship and oppression.

[sub]Never forget, February 25th 2012.[/sub]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Zing Zing x 2Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #869

January 2012
    37 Posts
    I watched the clip and it seemed the police officer did his job and the person who edited the video was overly dramatic or just trying to make himself look like a victim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Gibraltar Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #870
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    [h2]The Glasgow Massacre[/h2] Batons were raised - A camera was struck!

Forever thankful the vigilant, brutalized Knight of Justice Cueball was heroically able to document the tragic oppression that took place that fateful day. He will forever go down in history as the one who stood up and fought for truth and democracy in the face of corrupt authority. It is the common man, the street warriors, who will rise up and overthrow a system of government designed to restrict freedoms. Without Cueball's efforts to show the world what really happened that day, these men would go unpunished, left to continue their dictatorship and oppression.

[sub]Never forget, February 25th 2012.[/sub]
    brought a tear to my eye

31. Post #871
    I watched the clip and it seemed the police officer did his job and the person who edited the video was overly dramatic or just trying to make himself look like a victim.
    I loved the first slowmotion though, like a cinematic from Gears of War lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

32. Post #872

January 2012
    37 Posts
    I loved the first slowmotion though, like a cinematic from Gears of War lol.
    True XD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Gibraltar Show Events

33. Post #873
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    http://the-misty-mountains.tumblr.co...woods-again-by

the-misty-mountains reblogged this from cervid and added:
    ANDREW, IT’S YOU! WHAT IS HAPPENING? WHY IS MY FAVOURITE BLOG POSTING YOUR PICTURES?

Edited:

Edited:

http://the-misty-mountains.tumblr.co...amecueball-why

MORE OF MY PHOTOS

34. Post #874
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    Haha yeah :p ;))) xD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #875
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,471 Posts
    I don't know much about photography, but why are tripods so expensive? It seems like a lot for a few metal legs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

36. Post #876
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,852 Posts
    But they're good metal legs! but probably for the name/quality
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

37. Post #877
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,852 Posts
    Fun game time guys,
    Post your sensor dust!
    stop down as much as possible and point at sky,
    dirtiest/cleanest sensor wins nothing
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9055409/Pics...DSC_0005-2.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

38. Post #878
    ew clean dat shite

Edited:

oh god why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Late Late x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #879
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,534 Posts
    ew clean dat shite

Edited:

oh god why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #880
    RESIDENT ASBESTOS OBSESSIVE
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    Need help with names for my portfolio site.

Should I call it something such as Isaacbrownbridge.co.uk or brownbridge.co.uk, or alternatively come up with something more creative?

Edited:

Also when my subscription runs out I'm probably going to stop using Flickr, the community has gone to shit. 500px is better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)