1. Post #1081
    November 2008
    1,193 Posts
    Here's that laptop I won from the Commercial I made.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1413
    :D

Hopefully I can sell it and buy a nice lens!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

2. Post #1082
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,905 Posts
    Here's that laptop I won from the Commercial I made.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1413
    :D

Hopefully I can sell it and buy a nice lens!
    This is always my mindset for when I enter competitions. I'm like, I don't need that, but I could use the money
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #1083
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,543 Posts
    How much am I limiting myself by sticking with a camera that uses film?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #1084
    November 2008
    1,193 Posts
    You aren't
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #1085
    April 2009
    814 Posts
    Uh, I guess just a limited amount of shots compared to an SD card. But who takes 5219301931 photos anyways

6. Post #1086
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,905 Posts
    FINALLY finished that roll of Ektar that's been sitting in my MX since December. Can finally go back to shooting cheap 400 film, what a relief.

Edited:

Uh, I guess just a limited amount of shots compared to an SD card. But who takes 5219301931 photos anyways
    Sports photographers, studio photographers, event photographers and many others. That's who.

Edited:

Is this sort of foreground-background bokeh crossover stuff normal? I love the effect but I'm curious to know if it occurs in all lenses or just that one.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1087
    And ~photoshop editing~ because most places that do film-to-digital image are total shit

It's not a problem tho, hell, in my experience shooting film comes out looking nicer out of the camera than shooting digital.

Edited:

Been reading up on lenses, apparently my d3100 kit lens got great reviews

But oh god the 50mm f/1.8D AF is so fucking sharp hnnnnnghhhh too bad this camera has no AF motor and I'd have to focus manually if I ever got a hold of one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events

8. Post #1088
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,543 Posts
    So with practice I could do all the fancy techniques that a digital camera could do with a nice film camera?

Edited:

And ~photoshop editing~ because most places that do film-to-digital image are total shit
    I can conclude by you saying this that self scanning photos will result in awful quality?

9. Post #1089
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,942 Posts
    So with practice I could do all the fancy techniques that a digital camera could do with a nice film camera?

Edited:

I can conclude by you saying this that self scanning photos will result in awful quality?
    I only shoot film

also, he's saying that self-scanning will almost always give you better quality than you're average budget photolab, and the professional ones will make you pay out of the ass to get good quality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #1090
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,543 Posts
    By self scanning I mean using a large printer/fax/scan machine, and not some specialty equipment.
    It would still be better?

Do you(H4Z3Y) self scan?

11. Post #1091
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,942 Posts
    By self scanning I mean using a large printer/fax/scan machine, and not some specialty equipment.
    It would still be better?

Do you(H4Z3Y) self scan?
    if you use one of those multifunctions then you're going to be scanning the prints that they give you, which have already been scanned, so you gain not much there. You really need to be scanning your own negatives.

I do scan stuff myself (I'd never have it any other way), and I use an Epson V500, and so do a bunch of the other guys on here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1092
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,543 Posts
    I'm about to head off to have three rolls of film printed, hopefully some time next month my friend in photography who's been telling me that he'll teach me how to develop film myself will have time, and be able to show me how to scan negatives.

I'm pretty sure the place I'm going to won't provide digital scans. I guess I'll find out in a few.

Turns out they do do scans, but the price is a bit silly(at least in my mind). I'll only be getting scans of the three and non printed.

---
    Bad news, either my camera is busted or CVS does horrible work. All three rolls of film are "very faint images". I'm going to go pick them up to discover what's wrong. This makes me very sad, as the majority of the photos were very important(not just practice or things I could take pictures of again).

The negatives are all violet, and I can't see anything that resembles an image on any of them. One one of them some sort of sticky material forms crude rectangles(I imagine where the photos would be, and that sticky material is one of the chemicals bonding to the picture). Any idea what's up? The film is a little old, but it was always stored in the bag indoors.

Well fuck, I guess the film just went bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

13. Post #1093
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,543 Posts
    -snip-

14. Post #1094
    Is the hunger games really that good
    my boyfriend read it, half my friends read it, should I?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1095
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,543 Posts
    I enjoyed them, the plot appeals to both genders and has a gripping story.

16. Post #1096
    Is the hunger games really that good
    my boyfriend read it, half my friends read it, should I?
    I finished reading it 2 days ago, read it in 4 days. Quite an engrossing story. I read it in 5 sittings. I read 300 pages in the last sitting It's a book you can't put down, and I loved the story. It does appeal more to the female audience towards the end, but it's manageable.

I've only read the first book.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

17. Post #1097
    wait how many books are there

18. Post #1098
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,088 Posts
    wait how many books are there
    Three.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events

19. Post #1099
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,062 Posts
    Christ, teenage literature.
    Go pick up a classic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

20. Post #1100
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    just because a book is new does not make it any less of a book
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #1101
    November 2008
    1,193 Posts
    Yeah. Go read MacBeth or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #1102
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,062 Posts
    It being new has nothing to do with it.
    A classic doesn't have to be old either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1103
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,088 Posts
    Chill out, everyone has their own tastes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #1104
    Pretty much the only stuff I read last year were Chrichton books
    -Jurassic Park
    -Pirate Latitudes
    -Prey (for the second time)

Fucking amazing author. I need to get Sphere and read it, the movie was terrible

25. Post #1105
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,088 Posts
    I'm currently reading The Lord of the Rings books, because I haven't read them before and suddenly figured that I should, so I am.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events

26. Post #1106
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,325 Posts
    Ishmael.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1107
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,543 Posts
    The Great Gatsby.

Anyway, I went back to the same CVS, talked to an employee then the manager, and they replaced my three rolls of film they should have known their equipment can't handle. Two rolls tri-x 400, one BW400cn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #1108
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    First Hunger Games book was good. Second isn't nearly as good. Third wasn't very good(apparently). Third is the one I haven't read yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1109
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,543 Posts
    If you were excited when you finally finished your first roll of film developed, you'll know what state I'm in now. Within the hour I should have them scanned and up(finally something to share). Turns out on this roll I did take some picture of my 2nd reenactment. I'm far from taking magical shots that you guys seem to spit out with ease.

30. Post #1110
    September 2008
    1,504 Posts
    So today I passed by this big office building that's been under construction for some time now a few miles from my house to discover they put out a sign out front that says something along the lines of "Future Headquarters of Canon USA". So now I'm going to have Canon's US headquarters a few miles from my house. The coordinates for the site are 40.779095,-73.428905. The funny thing is it's being built a block away from a small Nikon office.

31. Post #1111
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,543 Posts
    Giving us coordinate sites.
    Is there some secret message I should get from your post?

32. Post #1112
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,514 Posts
    if we're still talking about hunger games, I'm gonna watch a preview showing this thursday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #1113
    So today I passed by this big office building that's been under construction for some time now a few miles from my house to discover they put out a sign out front that says something along the lines of "Future Headquarters of Canon USA". So now I'm going to have Canon's US headquarters a few miles from my house. The coordinates for the site are 40.779095,-73.428905. The funny thing is it's being built a block away from a small Nikon office.
    Is the nikon place an official Nikon building or some service/repairs center?

No US headquarters will ever be as cool as the Nintendo buildings, I've heard from a friend who lived nearby that they had boxes upon boxes of battery covers for every kind and color of gameboy, and tons of other cool shit.

34. Post #1114
    September 2008
    1,504 Posts
    Is the nikon place an official Nikon building or some service/repairs center?
    It's a Nikon repair center as well as a small branch of Nikon's offices.

35. Post #1115
    ffFf
    June 2005
    5,783 Posts
    Woah, just found this; wish there was something anywhere near as interesting close to where I live!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

36. Post #1116
    Woah, just found this; wish there was something anywhere near as interesting close to where I live!
    oh man three pictures of the same subject with each more zoomed in than the other
    guess what that means
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

37. Post #1117
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    oh man three pictures of the same subject with each more zoomed in than the other
    guess what that means
    No one is judging his photographic ability. Sure it's lacking but that's really damn cool subject.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #1118
    November 2008
    1,193 Posts
    I actually think that second shot is pretty cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1119
    Wasn't judging anything

40. Post #1120
    December 2009
    1,238 Posts
    Wasn't judging anything
    You need to stop shitposting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)