1. Post #601
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,992 Posts
    Was the Corruption under the Dungeon, per chance? Seems like it was if you triggered the Dungeon Guardian.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #602
    January 2009
    1,610 Posts

Well everything went just fine until A GIANT FUCKING SKULL COMES SPINNING AT ME OUT OF GODDAMN NOWHERE.
    That's fucking hilarious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

3. Post #603
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,022 Posts
    I usually max it out while I'm gathering ore and stuff to kill the easy bosses with. They're pretty damn common.
    I can never find the damned things until after I'm already maxed out. Typically I beat eye of cthulhu with base health, eater with 140 max, skeletron with no more than 180.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #604
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,473 Posts
    I can never find the damned things until after I'm already maxed out. Typically I beat eye of cthulhu with base health, eater with 140 max, skeletron with no more than 180.
    Damnit I get the same thing. But of course once I am maxed out the fucking things are everywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,709 Posts
    I guess there are more hearts as you progress, like I've seen a lot of heart statues in the jungle and a ridiculous amount in hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #606
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,950 Posts
    Hnng no servers up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

7. Post #607
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,709 Posts
    What about biotic's?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

8. Post #608
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,550 Posts
    I wish it was easy for me to kill bosses too. The only one I can kill is the Eye. The rest always manage to beat my ass.

Also, adamantite and all the other new ores aren't in my level, but I made way too much stuff in it to make a new world.
    Feels bad man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #609
    April 2008
    697 Posts
    Gah, can't seem to kill Skeletron Prime whatever I do. Meteorite exploit or not. Gravity potion or not. Megashark + crystal bullet spam and Harp when he spins his head
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #610
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,259 Posts
    I wish it was easy for me to kill bosses too. The only one I can kill is the Eye. The rest always manage to beat my ass.

Also, adamantite and all the other new ores aren't in my level, but I made way too much stuff in it to make a new world.
    Feels bad man.
    go find some demon altars and smash them with the pwnhammer that the wall of flesh drops

every time you smash a demon altar it spawns the ores somewhere in your world, and there's no cap, so just smash every altar you see

remember to keep at least one altar though, in case you need to make a boss summoning item
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #611
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,550 Posts
    go find some demon altars and smash them with the pwnhammer that the wall of flesh drops

every time you smash a demon altar it spawns the ores somewhere in your world, and there's no cap, so just smash every altar you see

remember to keep at least one altar though, in case you need to make a boss summoning item
    Implying I can beat a wall of flesh.....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #612
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,950 Posts
    What about biotic's?
    I meant the ones in the OP.Whats the server IP and port?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

13. Post #613
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,259 Posts
    it's not that hard, just get a minishark and a bunch of silver bullets

i could help you beat him if you want, if you have hamachi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #614
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,901 Posts

Feels bad man.
    Good thing it doesn't matter whether or not you make a new world then.

Edited:

If you can't beat the wall of flesh yet you shouldn't need the new ores yet.

Edited:

it's not that hard, just get a minishark and a bunch of silver bullets

i could help you beat him if you want, if you have hamachi
    If he can't beat any bosses apart from the eye, he probably shouldn't go on a hard mode world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #615
    fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart
    November 2007
    7,773 Posts
    ooh shit i want to play this game again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #616
    May 2011
    274 Posts
    Can't find silver anywhere goddamnit. I need armor if I ever want to make a chance at defeating that cockworm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,115 Posts

Feels bad man.
    You just need to learn to prepare for the battles first by building stages/platforms first
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

18. Post #618
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,154 Posts
    Have they fixed that thing where time speeds up when you alt-tab out?

19. Post #619
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,709 Posts
    Can't find silver anywhere goddamnit. I need armor if I ever want to make a chance at defeating that cockworm.
    Then try finding some gold
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #620
    January 2009
    1,610 Posts
    Then try finding some gold
    Gold is worse than iron though, jeez, what are they teaching humans nowadays
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

21. Post #621
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,397 Posts
    Gold is worse than iron though, jeez, what are they teaching humans nowadays
    Wow, you don't have to be a dick. If you can't find silver, look for the next ore up. Just because you can't find silver doesn't mean you won't be able to find gold.

Jesus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 22 (list)

22. Post #622
    August 2011
    771 Posts
    this game makes me rock hard

how do I fix this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

23. Post #623
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,027 Posts
    Wow, you don't have to be a dick. If you can't find silver, look for the next ore up. Just because you can't find silver doesn't mean you won't be able to find gold.

Jesus
    He wasn't being a dick. He was joking around. I don't understand how you interpreted his sentence as mean.

Anyway, I'm glad I finally got the 'Light's Bane'. Now I can kill bats in one strike!
    How much I hate bats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

24. Post #624
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,709 Posts
    The light's bane is actually pretty useless compared to the axe's damage and range, but it is used to make the night's edge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #625
    March 2011
    223 Posts
    The light's bane is actually pretty useless compared to the axe's damage and range, but it is used to make the night's edge.
    Does anyone actually play anymore? or is this just a chat thread now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,027 Posts
    I was so happy when I came across a chest in one of those underground abandon wood homes. It had a Godly Enchanted Boomerang! I am very happy.

Also, I got an Angry Flipper and went to visit the ocean. I managed to kill a shark but I forgot about breathing and died.

Plus, I found a pretty big glowing mushroom area underground. Got so many mushrooms.

27. Post #627
    September 2010
    6,618 Posts
    Just got gutted by no less than 4 Giant Worms at once. New character, copper helmet and an iron sword.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #628
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts

I hadn't played for a while, and I thought "this seems like the game trying to get back at me for not playing..." Then I found out that fights like this are incredibly easy, even for my newbie character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

29. Post #629
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,992 Posts
    Jesus that's a lot of Eaters. Was there a Blood Moon up?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #630
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,022 Posts
    Does anyone actually play anymore? or is this just a chat thread now?
    This isn't a chat thread? Man, did I get lost!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #631
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,992 Posts
    Y'know, when I look at it, despite all the weapons in Terraria, the combat is a little basic; you can swing swords, poke with spears, swing around a spiky ball, throw things, shoot bullets and arrows, cast spells, all that good stuff on the offensive side, but on the defensive all you have is your armour and resultant defense.

I'd personally enjoy being able to block and deflect (deflecting projectiles if the shield is designed for it) attacks, and instead of the melee enemies simply getting close and dealing damage as they touch you, they should actually visually use a weapon, like a Goblin Thief actually stabbing you with a dagger or a Zombie performing a punching/slashing animation. Blocking/deflecting should be a useful thing, especially for hardmode, and would warrant the creation of a Shield slot and item type. Shields would be a welcome addition to Terraria, I feel.

Maybe the "shield" slot could function as an offhand as well; like if you weren't into shields you could equip a different weapon in the offhand like a spell or a dagger or one of the pistols. It'd be darn cool, and the ability to have a spell in your offhand would tie into what Re-Logic suggested a while back: a revamp of the magic system.

Also, we should be able to step up onto blocks that are around foot level (a foot level block would be 1 block higher than the block you're standing on), so we're not just jumping everywhere. It'd help the running boots be useful for something other than flat surfaces.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #632
    December 2011
    104 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

33. Post #633
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    Jesus that's a lot of Eaters. Was there a Blood Moon up?
    I think one started just after I descended into the pit. Does that normally make more spawn?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #634
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,992 Posts
    Yep, Blood Moons double the spawn limit for enemies, so you have more attackers. But just you hold out a Water Candle and drink a Battle Potion, and suddenly a Blood Moon would seem rather delightfully quaint, if you ask me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #635
    September 2007
    934 Posts
    i dread getting a full blood moon in hard mode.

soooo many werewolves!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

36. Post #636
    March 2011
    223 Posts
    This isn't a chat thread? Man, did I get lost!
    Har har, Point taken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

37. Post #637
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,022 Posts
    Har har, Point taken.
    I was just poking a little fun, no offense intended. Plenty of the people do still play but a lot like me tend to typically only play a lot around update time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #638
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,992 Posts
    Y'know, i've been wondering about the Hearts and Mana Crystals. What if you could use those things as "experience points" of a sort in conjunction with another NPC? For example, I could go to the Nurse (Hello Nurse) and give her some of the Heart Crystals I found, then once she has enough Crystals she can hand out long-lasting protective buffs in exchange for Gold, including increased resistances, more Stamina (the devs mentioned a Stamina system being intertwined with farming of some kind), more Defense, etc. The Wizard could do similar things with Mana Crystals, creating and upgrading spells in exchange for Gold and Mana Stars (Mana things are a renewable resource as opposed to the Crystal Hearts being limited), with his capabilities being upgraded if you give him Mana Crystals. (How very kind of you, [insert NPC name here]! Swing by sometime and i'll put the kettle on! -Wizard upon receiving Mana Crystals)

It'd be kinda cool if each NPC had their own "experience item" that you could give to them to increase their capabilities, like the Merchant's stock upgrades if you spend certain accumulative amounts of Gold on him, Arms Dealer and Demolitionist levelling up in terms of their arsenal (both in combat and as salesmen) if you give them Gunpowder, Dryad becomes more powerful when given Jungle Spores and if you give her certain special items from the Light and Dark (Demonite increases her Corruption lore, Crystal Shards increases her Hallow lore), she can make things with a theme of either (give her enough Crystal Shards and at max Hallow lore she could give you the mighty Gaiathorn). As for the Tinkerer and Mechanic, perhaps Gems and Metals could upgrade their respective Tech levels, though they'd only go so far with Copper and Topaz so you'd need to give them better quality stuff to truly up their bars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

39. Post #639
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,719 Posts
    Y'know, i've been wondering about the Hearts and Mana Crystals. What if you could use those things as "experience points" of a sort in conjunction with another NPC? For example, I could go to the Nurse (Hello Nurse) and give her some of the Heart Crystals I found, then once she has enough Crystals she can hand out long-lasting protective buffs in exchange for Gold, including increased resistances, more Stamina (the devs mentioned a Stamina system being intertwined with farming of some kind), more Defense, etc. The Wizard could do similar things with Mana Crystals, creating and upgrading spells in exchange for Gold and Mana Stars (Mana things are a renewable resource as opposed to the Crystal Hearts being limited), with his capabilities being upgraded if you give him Mana Crystals. (How very kind of you, [insert NPC name here]! Swing by sometime and i'll put the kettle on! -Wizard upon receiving Mana Crystals)

It'd be kinda cool if each NPC had their own "experience item" that you could give to them to increase their capabilities, like the Merchant's stock upgrades if you spend certain accumulative amounts of Gold on him, Arms Dealer and Demolitionist levelling up in terms of their arsenal (both in combat and as salesmen) if you give them Gunpowder, Dryad becomes more powerful when given Jungle Spores and if you give her certain special items from the Light and Dark (Demonite increases her Corruption lore, Crystal Shards increases her Hallow lore), she can make things with a theme of either (give her enough Crystal Shards and at max Hallow lore she could give you the mighty Gaiathorn). As for the Tinkerer and Mechanic, perhaps Gems and Metals could upgrade their respective Tech levels, though they'd only go so far with Copper and Topaz so you'd need to give them better quality stuff to truly up their bars.
    Most of your ideas are honestly really good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 8Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #640
    Tea
    Dennab
    December 2008
    4,084 Posts
    yeah you should really pitch this stuff the the guys behind terriair
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events