1. Post #841
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,397 Posts
    Well, this kinda sucks, but at least it had a good run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #842
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,416 Posts
    The game didn't even last a year. How lazy of the developers.

I don't want to sound like a prick, but I plan on creating and working with different games. There was so much they could have done with Terraria that it isn't even funny. They were just being lazy asses when they decided to drop the project. Making games isn't just about fun, it's also your JOB.

And they have the nerve to release a collectors edition right before calling it quits? Wow. "Pay us more money because I'm about to have a kid and quit!" Really? A kid is great, but with the money you made you could have easily hired people. Hell, the community might have even done some of the work for FREE.

I am utterly shocked and disgusted at this act.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 25Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #843
    January 2009
    1,610 Posts
    I'd like a refund please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

4. Post #844
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,219 Posts
    You got a year of free content and updates. Stop complaining.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #845
    March 2011
    1,219 Posts
    They could have easily sold Terraria with absolutely no updates and still made a ton of money, just be grateful guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #846
    January 2009
    1,610 Posts
    The Terraria developers actually promised weekly updates(this we can understand; especially because Notch couldn't update it every week; except for seeecret fridays); but they also promised that there would always be updates adding new content into the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

7. Post #847
    March 2011
    106 Posts
    How many years valve gave free stuff to their TF2 players? 3 or 4? Before it went f2p.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

8. Post #848
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,154 Posts
    The Terraria developers actually promised weekly updates(this we can understand; especially because Notch couldn't update it every week; except for seeecret fridays); but they also promised that there would always be updates adding new content into the game
    The guy's going to have another child, ANOTHER. That's more important than updating a game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #849
    June 2010
    6,203 Posts
    And, much as I would love to have terraria updates, still, Valve kind of has a shipload of cash that's only increasing, giving them as much time to do whatever they want without having to worry about financial situations.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love more updates, and am really sad about it, but I can see why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #850
    January 2009
    1,610 Posts
    The guy's going to have another child, ANOTHER. That's more important than updating a game.
    It was his choice to sex up his wife and have a baby- but don't stop updating the game like THAT. Seriously; I'd be happy if I got an update every year; as long as it adds new content into the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #851
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,378 Posts
    How many years valve gave free stuff to their TF2 players? 3 or 4? Before it went f2p.
    Valve is a corporation with over 100 employees with a service that basically provides them free money. Re-logic is a couple of guys who had only the game to pay the bills. There's a little bit of a difference.

Talk about self-entitled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #852
    March 2011
    106 Posts
    And, much as I would love to have terraria updates, still, Valve kind of has a shipload of cash that's only increasing, giving them as much time to do whatever they want without having to worry about financial situations.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love more updates, and am really sad about it, but I can see why.
    I bought this game only due to the last update. And sale on Steam. So basically, updates are good for your business.

Valve is a corporation with over 100 employees with a service that basically provides them free money. Re-logic is a couple of guys who had only the game to pay the bills. There's a little bit of a difference.

Talk about self-entitled.
    Everything starts with one little thing. Let's home that Re-logic will make more and better games for us to buy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Latvia Show Events

13. Post #853
    June 2010
    6,203 Posts
    I bought this game only due to the last update. And sale on Steam. So basically, updates are good for your business.
    But will you buy a new copy every update? Once the game is owned by a substantial amount of people, the updates won't make any more money, as the target audience have all bought the game. Not to mention that it's been on discount pretty much once a month since release, so loads of people will have already picked it up for the sake of it being 3. If someone on steam hasn't bought it by now (bearing in mind it's been on the front page a lot) then they clearly don't want it. The market is saturated, so there's not that much profit in trying to attract more sales.

Still, let's hope for some awesome new games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #854
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    273 Posts
    The game didn't even last a year. How lazy of the developers.
    You have 115 hours in Terraria, why are you upset that you wont' be able to play it with new content when you've clearly already received your money's worth?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #855
    I spent 10$ and all i got was this lousy title.
    June 2008
    5,229 Posts
    Well that was unexpected, hopefully modders will expand the game and the life of the game, they're usually good like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #856
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,771 Posts
    Well that was unexpected, hopefully modders will expand the game and the life of the game, they're usually good like that.
    Terraria has modding tools?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #857
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,219 Posts
    You do understand that Valve is a massive company with dozens of coders, and they charged people fifty dollars for the game originally?

There is absolutely no comparison.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #858
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,209 Posts
    who the fuck had sex with this guy is my question
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

19. Post #859
    Not actually a glitch
    May 2005
    4,360 Posts
    With no modding tools or updates.... yeah, it's pretty much dead.

I wouldn't mind doing a play-through every year or so though, it's still fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

20. Post #860
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,863 Posts
    I think that Terraria had potential and all, but I can see why they stopped with it. It would have been nice of them to release modding tools and let the community continue with the game, though.

They had so many ideas planned too, it seems like they realised it wasn't going to sell much anymore and just abandoned it (although to be honest I wouldn't want to put hours of work into a new patch/update if nobody was buying the game anymore).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #861
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,771 Posts
    They should have sold/given the project to someone else, instead of just throwing it away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #862
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,863 Posts
    With no modding tools or updates.... yeah, it's pretty much dead.

I wouldn't mind doing a play-through every year or so though, it's still fun.
    I've used a mod in the past which changed the way worlds were generated and added custom items to the game so modding to a degree is certainly possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #863
    January 2008
    645 Posts
    I got my monies worth, while I'd love for the game to live on I don't mind it finally being finished.
    Plus Starbound looks like it will be the next Terraria, but with many more features.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

24. Post #864
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    338 Posts
    Hey guys, me and my friend just entered hardmode and seriously..we are getting are asses kicked by every monster in the game. we have molten armor and all the weapons from pre hardmode (nightsbane, breakerblade etc) but what should we do know??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

25. Post #865
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,453 Posts

Here's hoping.

Those who want a bit of background on GaslampGames, for those who don't know, they made Dungeons of Dredmor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 18Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

26. Post #866
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,771 Posts
    Hey guys, me and my friend just entered hardmode and seriously..we are getting are asses kicked by every monster in the game. we have molten armor and all the weapons from pre hardmode (nightsbane, breakerblade etc) but what should we do know??
    Go to the corruption and try to survive long enough to break at least one demon altar, then go underground and try to survive long enough to get enough cobalt for at least one armor piece.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

27. Post #867
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,547 Posts
    This. It's sad to see them finish, especially with such a weak excuse, but with all the updates, we really got what we paid for plus more.

It would be awesome if they released the source or something so that the community could expand the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #868
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,157 Posts
    Actually quite disappointed with Re-Logic with this. They promised to keep updating the game and it hasn't even been a year yet. Every update they've released provided them with a ton more sales and the game doesn't feel all that complete yet. There's no real final boss or anything even. You get the three hardmode bosses then you're just left doing whatever.

Here's hoping.

Those who want a bit of background on GaslampGames, for those who don't know, they made Dungeons of Dredmor.
    That would be awesome. Dungeons of Dredmor is one of the few games that gets any play time for me anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #869
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    I can't believe some of you are actually complaining and asking for refunds(DJ), you need to learn that there are more important things in life than satisfying the wants of some guys over the internet, having a child is way more important than what you want. Get over it, you got way more than your moneys' worth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #870
    November 2011
    1,182 Posts
    This sucks, i mean im not saying Red gives up his father role, but the least he could do is release the source code, let the modding community take over, im actually creating an account on the terraria forums asking him to do it. I hope you guys do the same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events

31. Post #871
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    This sucks, i mean im not saying Red gives up his father role, but the least he could do is release the source code, let the modding community take over, im actually creating an account on the terraria forums asking him to do it. I hope you guys do the same.
    He doesn't really need to do that when you can easily reverse engineer the executable and get the general source code from there, that's how people have been making mods and shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #872
    November 2011
    1,182 Posts
    He doesn't really need to do that when you can easily reverse engineer the executable and get the general source code from there, that's how people have been making mods and shit.
    but its not the same having the actual source code, to some gimmick that isnt that complete, thats what everyone on the modding forums on terraria are saying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events

33. Post #873
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    but its not the same having the actual source code, to some gimmick that isnt that complete, thats what everyone on the modding forums on terraria are saying
    Sure, but it's sufficient for now, it's not like we need anything bigger, unless people are going to start dishing out complete content updates.

34. Post #874
    Gold Member

March 2005
    4,352 Posts
    Yeah I can't really complain, for like $10 I clocked some serious hours in this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

35. Post #875
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,157 Posts
    Having the actual code would make mods much better though. They'd be more easily compatible and the community could set up some sort of mod API.

36. Post #876
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,104 Posts
    Woah that was unexpected, was just the other day I was reading about all the cool shit they might add like weather and stuff. Here's hoping they will pass on the source code so we can get more updates :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #877
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,397 Posts

Here's hoping.

I love Dungeons of Dredmor, so hopefully Gaslamp'll be good to take the reins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

38. Post #878
    July 2011
    750 Posts
    If GasLamp take over and keep the same sprite style graphics, this will be good...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #879
    January 2009
    1,610 Posts
    If GasLamp take over and keep the same sprite style graphics, this will be good...
    Not all spriters sprite the same; and we can't expect it to be in the style. I think we should be grateful that GasLamp is willing to take over production.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #880
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,232 Posts
    Terraria dies and the thread lives.

Oh, the morbid irony.