1. Post #921
    This sucks. I hope someone does take over to give me a reason to keep playing. After getting everything it doesn't make me want to keep playing when there is nothing to look forward for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #922
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,708 Posts
    To be honest, games like this get boring really quickly when you reach end-game. I wish someone made a system that makes items have random stats depending on what "level" you are. Rouge-like elements usually seem to make games last seemingly forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

3. Post #923
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,435 Posts
    I hope someone takes over. I just hope they do it well, and to the same style as it is now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #924

September 2007
    398 Posts
    So he's going to drop the huge community now and use the money we gave him to start a family?

Whatever, I'm not going to judge his ethics. He could at least give the source code away... He obviously doesn't care about the game and/or the community, so I highly doubt this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #925
    August 2009
    932 Posts
    So he's going to drop the huge community now and use the money we gave him to start a family?

Whatever, I'm not going to judge his ethics. He could at least give the source code away... He obviously doesn't care about the game and/or the community, so I highly doubt this.
    You mean... sell a   finished   product and use the money to live his life?

What a scum-sucking ingrate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #926
    January 2009
    1,610 Posts
    This isn't the first time Redigit abandoned a product.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #927
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,020 Posts
    This isn't the first time Redigit abandoned a product.
    He abandoned SMBX after a cease and desist letter from Nintendo. Which kinda sucks cause SMBX is the only Mario fan-game I've seen that didn't suck. Even though it wasn't perfect it actually felt like a real Mario game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 5Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #928
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,788 Posts
    So he's going to drop the huge community now and use the money we gave him to start a family? Whatever, I'm not going to judge his ethics. He could at least give the source code away... He obviously doesn't care about the game and/or the community, so I highly doubt this.
    Yeah what a bastard wanting to spend time with his family, he should be making me more updates rather than caring for his children
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #929
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,875 Posts
    Redigit lead fans to believe that Terraria had a long future ahead of it. He described "future content." There were strong implications that 1.1 was the "first real" patch and not the "last major" patch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #930
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    14,675 Posts
    I'd be fine even if it was in DLC form.

It feels unfinished to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #931
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,788 Posts
    Redigit lead fans to believe that Terraria had a long future ahead of it. He described "future content." There were strong implications that 1.1 was the "first real" patch and not the "last major" patch.
    So..? Can you really blame her for ceasing work on the game so he can spend time with herfamily? It's sucky that there isn't going to be any more awesome new content but it's not like she did anything immoral by leaving the team. Besides, Starbound looks pretty damn cool from what I've seen of it and it's not like they were going to carry on with one game forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #932
    In my opinion it's fine. Life shit happens and if he has to he should live his life but he should of had plans for this earlier as what he wanted to do with the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

13. Post #933
    September 2007
    934 Posts
    the way i see it, terraria kinda led up to the next big thing, we've got that other game currently called cube world on the way from another dev, and we got starbound of course, which from the sound of it will be like terraria and more in a way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #934
    April 2011
    18 Posts
    Kind of a shame he's not going to release any more updates but I guess there will still be mods to play and the like until another game gets released
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #935
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    So..? Can you really blame her for ceasing work on the game so he can spend time with herfamily? It's sucky that there isn't going to be any more awesome new content but it's not like she did anything immoral by leaving the team. Besides, Starbound looks pretty damn cool from what I've seen of it and it's not like they were going to carry on with one game forever.
    Redigit's a man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #936
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,187 Posts
    the way i see it, terraria kinda led up to the next big thing, we've got that other game currently called cube world on the way from another dev, and we got starbound of course, which from the sound of it will be like terraria and more in a way.
    It's meta game development. Infiniminer started the building shit craze, Minecraft expanded it, Terraria was more of a game and now Starbound and Cubeworld look to be taking the next steps forward.

I'm okay with this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 2 (list)

17. Post #937
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,788 Posts
    Redigit's a man
    I thought so, I just wasn't certain because I saw on some video about Starbound referring to him as her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #938
    I spent 10$ and all i got was this lousy title.
    June 2008
    5,227 Posts
    I thought so, I just wasn't certain because I saw on some video about Starbound referring to him as her.
    All the coding on Starbound is done by 2 different people, it could be Kyren that the video was referring to?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #939
    March 2010
    3,224 Posts
    I also hope that either someone else picks this up or they make it easier to mod in some way. Regardless, I'll probably pick up Starbound if it really is like Terraria in space and is $10 or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

20. Post #940
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,708 Posts
    What video? Did they do a dev let's play, like they did with Terraria?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

21. Post #941
    I bet 2.5$ I spent on this game that they won't give the source code to Gaslamp Games so they can work on it.
    Ah well, best 2.5$ I spent on a video game anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #942
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,788 Posts
    All the coding on Starbound is done by 2 different people, it could be Kyren that the video was referring to?
    I think it was Tiyuri and I just had it in my head it was her who was leaving for some reason.

What video? Did they do a dev let's play, like they did with Terraria?
    Nothing official it was like a compilation of all information released about it so far. I think it was this in case you're intrigued:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #943
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,875 Posts
    Redigit doesn't work on Starbound.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #944
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,020 Posts
    Redigit's name is Andrew Spinks so I'd hope he's not a girl. (Otherwise my own name is apparently a girl's name which I was not aware of.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #945
    April 2010
    1,881 Posts
    Redigit's name is Andrew Spinks so I'd hope he's not a girl. (Otherwise my own name is apparently a girl's name which I was not aware of.)
    Andrew Bros.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #946
    May 2011
    214 Posts
    The way I see it the developers had intended to update terraria to a point were it was what spacebound claims to be, but then saw too big of a difference and decided it would be easier to start a new game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

27. Post #947
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,318 Posts
    I paid 5 dollars for this game and got more than 100 hours of gameplay. I would like to see them just say "whoah, okay. the last thing we do for this will be enable the community to mod it and add to the game. Then you guys can do whatever." It's kinda a waste for them NOT to do something that will encourage people to buy it for a long time.
    But that won't happen. I'm satisfied with this game and will continue to play it every now and then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #948
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,187 Posts
    The way I see it the developers had intended to update terraria to a point were it was what spacebound claims to be, but then saw too big of a difference and decided it would be easier to start a new game.
    Re-logic isn't making Starbound, Tiyuri split to work on Starbound with a new company. Redigit is stopping to spend time with his family.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

29. Post #949
    September 2007
    934 Posts
    Re-logic isn't making Starbound, Tiyuri split to work on Starbound with a new company. Redigit is stopping to spend time with his family.
    well yeah his reason for stopping on terraria wouldn't make sense if he just went on to work on starbound.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

30. Post #950
    March 2010
    924 Posts
    So they are just going to let Terraria gather dust from here on out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

31. Post #951
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    I'd love to see modding tools or Steam Workshop integration.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

32. Post #952
    June 2009
    476 Posts

If I corrupt the dirt that is under the platform, will that count as being corruption so I can spawn the EoW or do I need more corrupted area? (I have a feeling I overprepared with the equipment, but better safe than sorry)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #953
    May 2011
    274 Posts
    I wish I could crush up the crystal and snort them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

34. Post #954
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,187 Posts
    I'd put down more dirt. You also probably want a longer platform if you're planning on fighting him up there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #955
    September 2007
    934 Posts

If I corrupt the dirt that is under the platform, will that count as being corruption so I can spawn the EoW or do I need more corrupted area? (I have a feeling I overprepared with the equipment, but better safe than sorry)
    the best way to tell is if the background changes to the corrupt biome, it usually works if teh background is right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #956
    January 2009
    1,610 Posts
    For the love of fuck; I fought the EoW in mediumcore on a patch of corruption dirt and rock in the middle of the corruption; I'm pretty sure a soft-core puss in boots can do it as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

37. Post #957
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,283 Posts
    Ohh, mediumcore, you're so much more hardcore than softcore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 8Artistic x 3Funny x 2Informative x 1Zing x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #958
    October 2010
    10,383 Posts
    So, in conclusion, everyone would be alright with Relogic dropping terraria as long as they either a) release modding support or b) pass it on to another company.

Both seem like very feasible things to do for the Terraria devs, especially since they aren't going to ever work on it again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

39. Post #959
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,020 Posts
    So, in conclusion, everyone would be alright with Relogic dropping terraria as long as they either a) release modding support or b) pass it on to another company.

Both seem like very feasible things to do for the Terraria devs, especially since they aren't going to ever work on it again.
    It'd be nice to see Redigit respond to Gaslamp Games. They're a great dev in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #960
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,222 Posts
    It's a shame, coz i really enjoyed playing this game, but i think it lacks something that keeps its playability.

I always get to a certain point and give up, because it just has nothing left to keep you going, and it puts me off playing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)