1. Post #641
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,634 Posts
    Do they have a forum where we can drop off ironman?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #642
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,950 Posts
    Any servers up?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

3. Post #643
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,950 Posts
    Anyone got a spare bomb statue?I found most statues but the bomb statue...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Slovenia Show Events

4. Post #644
    Tea
    Dennab
    December 2008
    4,084 Posts
    why would you want it, it's useless
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #645
    January 2009
    1,609 Posts
    Looking for another person with Hamachi to 1 on 1 straight playthrough of Terraria. PM me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

6. Post #646
    July 2009
    1,497 Posts
    I love this game. First few hours, I was just mindlessly digging through dirt and stone, harvesting copper and the occasional iron, when suddenly - BAM! THERE YOU GO, A GRAPPLING HOOK! AND TAKE THESE HERMES BOOTS! WHAT ABOUT 3 HEART CRYSTALS? HAVE A NICE DAY!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #647
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,222 Posts
    My World has been stuck at just before dawn for 10 minutes now.

Help? D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #648
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,634 Posts
    My World has been stuck at just before dawn for 10 minutes now.

Help? D:
    Try waiting 10 more, eventually exit and go back into your world. Also, are you sure you were at ground level and watching the sky the entire time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

9. Post #649
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,222 Posts
    Yeah i watched it go across the sky and i've exited twice now.

But it's helpful since i get to try skeletron more than once in one night :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #650
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,737 Posts
    I don't get why people trade outside of servers and worlds, it's no different than downloading an inventory editor and giving yourself it. The only exception to this is if the whole thing was taking place in the same World where the items and resources were harvested.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #651
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,894 Posts
    I don't get why people trade outside of servers and worlds, it's no different than downloading an inventory editor and giving yourself it. The only exception to this is if the whole thing was taking place in the same World where the items and resources were harvested.
    Except if you download an inventory editor it comes from nowhere, if you trade someone had to get it. And don't say that the person you're trading with could've cheated it in, because while that is true it's really unlikely that they would be trading if they're okay with spawning stuff anyway.

Am I a cheater because I have several worlds for gathering resources from? No. That's silly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Winner Winner x 2Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #652
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,222 Posts
    So two meteors have fallen on my world.

Neither are actually on land, so that means they've fallen on sky islands :/

13. Post #653
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,634 Posts
    Have you searched the ocean?

14. Post #654
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,222 Posts
    Yeah, both have nothing

15. Post #655
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,640 Posts
    So two meteors have fallen on my world.
    Neither are actually on land, so that means they've fallen on sky islands :/
    You sure you've checked the entire map? Could've missed something in the distance...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #656
    September 2010
    6,611 Posts
    You sure you've checked the entire map? Could've missed something in the distance...
    Well if he's checked both oceans, then I don't think he'd miss anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #657
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,014 Posts
    Found two sky islands right next to each other.
    And three shadow orbs in very close vicinity of each other, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

18. Post #658
    Gold Member

March 2005
    4,259 Posts
    Christ, any of you tried giving hardcore mode a serious go?
    I think my mate's up to character 4 and I'm already on number 7.

I always die in the most retarded ways though, no matter how often it happens I never learn.
    Was just looting a chest when a worm rocked up and pushed me into lava, tried to ALT F4 but it was too quick for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

19. Post #659
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,640 Posts
    Y'know, i've been wondering; how would Terraria fare if the NPCs were voice-acted? The actors'd need to have good enough voices and have said voices fit what we'd perceive the characters to sound like, so that it doesn't sound too out of place. The Arms Dealer would logically need to sound like a black guy since he's technically black, and the Merchant could probably do with a voice similar to Jesse Cox's "old miner" voice. (HOO HOO HOO, GOOOOOLD!)

Also, I found this little ditty whilst checking for music to listen whilst doing coursework.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

20. Post #660
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,634 Posts
    I guess, NPC voices could fit in a game like this, but only as one line like your quote from Mr. Cox due to its retro-like style.

21. Post #661
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Having NPC voices when you click on them would be pretty cool, it'd get annoying if it was anywhere else , though. Maybe when you do a transaction with them too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

22. Post #662
    September 2007
    930 Posts
    Merchant: I'll give you a discount if you can set me up with the dryad in the room across from me.

Dryad: you know i can hear you right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #663
    July 2009
    1,497 Posts
    EoW defeated! OH YEAH!

Edited:

Incredibly tense and fun. Well then, I'm gonna move on to Eye of Cthulhu!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

24. Post #664
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,640 Posts
    Say, i've wondered again. Would it be possible to have a Grappling Hook that you could actually swing on, like you could go up and down the rope and swing left and right? Or would that be not as useful as the other Hooks?

I'd probably call it the "Escape Rope" or "Leather Whip", the latter requiring Leather to make, the same Leather that you get from Rotten Chunks and use to make the leather vanity items that make you look like Indiana Jones.

25. Post #665
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,634 Posts
    I just wish there was a combat hook, works like the first grappling hook you get, but also pull enemies toward you or damage them.

26. Post #666
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,640 Posts
    Perhaps you could craft the regular Grappler with Throwing Knives or a Sword to yield the Scorpion Hook. Maybe adding Stingers to an Ivy Whip could yield a Jungle-tier Scorpion Hook, because hey why not.

27. Post #667
    $$$Good News Everyone!$$$
    January 2007
    4,545 Posts
    Where's your server Biotic?

28. Post #668
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Down because nobody went on it.

29. Post #669
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,672 Posts
    I just wish there was a combat hook, works like the first grappling hook you get, but also pull enemies toward you or damage them.
    GET OVER HERE!

Anyways, I wish Terraria had a mod developer kit. Terraria is just too linear without mods; it needs something that people can amuse themselves with to keep the game fresh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

30. Post #670
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,634 Posts
    I agree, the only fun thing to do when you are at end-game is building and without a 3rd dimension, even that gets old after a while and there's always the danger of griefers or during winter those annoying snowmen which throw snowballs that gets stuck on your house.

31. Post #671
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,232 Posts
    They need to make the next update a moon update. Traveling high enough in space would reverse the gravity and flip the screen, leaving you to explore uncharted moon terrain. Maybe you'd have to craft some sort of space ship in order to get there, actually.

Eventually instead of flying the ship to and fro, you could craft a warp gate to get you from the moon to the land.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #672
    January 2009
    1,609 Posts
    They need to make the next update a moon update. Traveling high enough in space would reverse the gravity and flip the screen, leaving you to explore uncharted moon terrain. Maybe you'd have to craft some sort of space ship in order to get there, actually.

Eventually instead of flying the ship to and fro, you could craft a warp gate to get you from the moon to the land.
    There was like a whole two-page discussion of this ship idea like 5 pages ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

33. Post #673
    January 2009
    1,609 Posts
    Content dump from my sandbox world. I'm kind of inspired by chinese architecture, but added my own little twist.

Funnily enough, where I started to build I found a floating island above it.

Have an oldie, too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

34. Post #674
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,634 Posts
    I wish something like that could pop up on servers, I've never seen a base in hell, maybe just a house sometimes, but never anything mazing.

35. Post #675
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,279 Posts

I agree with the first part, but creating space ships and warp gates doesn't sound like it would fit the game at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

36. Post #676
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    21,939 Posts
    I wish something like that could pop up on servers, I've never seen a base in hell, maybe just a house sometimes, but never anything mazing.
    You won't see it on public servers cause the damned things can't go long enough without being griefed.

37. Post #677
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,640 Posts
    I agree with the first part, but creating space ships and warp gates doesn't sound like it would fit the game at all.
    Well how would you do it in a way that it fits into Terraria? Short of constructing a giant space gun that shoots a cavorite space capsule up towards the Moon, similar to that centuries-old tale, I don't see any other way to get to the Moon, other than building a rocket or opening a multi-dimensional gateway, the former seeming more tech-based whilst the latter appeals to a more magical aim.

Perhaps you could choose which method to use; either build a rocket using lots of resources, or construct a star-path that, whilst is technically easier and faster to make and use, brings about the risk of things from "outside" leaking into the world through the cracks around the gate, since if I were reading the newspaper with my tentacles and then saw some kid digging through my walls, i'd want to know what the hell's going on.

Or just stick with the space cannon. That's probably more retro sci-fi.

38. Post #678
    January 2009
    1,609 Posts
    Dude; hell's like my favorite place to build in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #679
    OBLIVIOUS
    September 2011
    557 Posts
    So defeated the wall of flesh (haven't been able to play the update until recently). Now I'm scared :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

40. Post #680
    January 2009
    1,609 Posts
    So defeated the wall of flesh (haven't been able to play the update until recently). Now I'm scared :(
    Corruption and hollow only spreads while you're playing.
    Repost of older old image dump..this world suddenly vanished one day. It still takes up a space yet, I don't even know why it's still 'there'. I can't access it nor delete.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)