1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,629 Posts
    Can't connect to Biotic's, what is this sorcery.
    I guess it is down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

2. Post #242
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    oops i took it down a few days ago but i forgot to put it back up

Edited:

its up now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

3. Post #243
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,600 Posts
    I've probably asked this before, but who here watches the Terraria collab between John "TotalBiscuit" Bain and Jesse Cox? I know they aren't exactly pro Terraria players, but they do have their moments. Well, Jesse has most of the moments, most of which involve dying horribly, whilst TB's as classy as ever as he prays for the sweet release of death.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

4. Post #244
    I randomly change my avatar every week or so
    September 2010
    5,218 Posts
    I've probably asked this before, but who here watches the Terraria collab between John "TotalBiscuit" Bain and Jesse Cox? I know they aren't exactly pro Terraria players, but they do have their moments. Well, Jesse has most of the moments, most of which involve dying horribly, whilst TB's as classy as ever as he prays for the sweet release of death.
    It's fun because you watch it hoping that they actually begin to progress but they never do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #245
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Hi guys I have a server 76.104.37.41:7777
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #246
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,600 Posts
    Indeed; they often get sidetracked. In their latest jaunt (bunch of episodes that probably end roundabout TNWG (The Next World Generation) 10, now showing on OMFGCata), they initially plan to find the dungeon, but then TB decides to mine the meteor. After being chased off by Meteor Heads and other things, they keep heading to the left (West or East, I forget) only for TB to get sidetracked AGAIN as he dives into the depths of the Jungle, whereas Jesse laments TB's distractability after the former gets brutalised by Man Eaters.

Jesse keeps heading left, finds the ocean, no Dungeon. TB keeps exploring the Jungle, Jesse dies many more times to the horrors that lurk in the depths, and eventually gives up and goes home just as David Bowie throws another Goblin Army at them. As TB makes the long trek home WITHOUT HIS BED, Jesse talks about things, TB is frustrated by the nonsensicality. Once TB returns with Life Crystals and statues, Jesse again laments the amount of sidetrackage that happened, with the ensuing rant causing TB to nearly choke on his own laughter.

I anticipate greatly whatever crazy lack of progress they achieve next time; hopefully they'll head right, fight Skeletron, grab what they need from the Fungeon, and finally they'll construct Hellevator 2.0, prompting more Jesse falling deaths and cracks about the Cryptkeeper. This'd probably take at least 10 more episodes, though; they haven't even build all their houses yet, not to mention they'll probably need to build a fallout shelter of some sort so that their NPCs don't get blown to High Hell by the Clowns of the hardmode Blood Moon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,894 Posts
    Indeed; they often get sidetracked. In their latest jaunt (bunch of episodes that probably end roundabout TNWG (The Next World Generation) 10, now showing on OMFGCata), they initially plan to find the dungeon, but then TB decides to mine the meteor. After being chased off by Meteor Heads and other things, they keep heading to the left (West or East, I forget) only for TB to get sidetracked AGAIN as he dives into the depths of the Jungle, whereas Jesse laments TB's distractability after the former gets brutalised by Man Eaters.

Jesse keeps heading left, finds the ocean, no Dungeon. TB keeps exploring the Jungle, Jesse dies many more times to the horrors that lurk in the depths, and eventually gives up and goes home just as David Bowie throws another Goblin Army at them. As TB makes the long trek home WITHOUT HIS BED, Jesse talks about things, TB is frustrated by the nonsensicality. Once TB returns with Life Crystals and statues, Jesse again laments the amount of sidetrackage that happened, with the ensuing rant causing TB to nearly choke on his own laughter.

I anticipate greatly whatever crazy lack of progress they achieve next time; hopefully they'll head right, fight Skeletron, grab what they need from the Fungeon, and finally they'll construct Hellevator 2.0, prompting more Jesse falling deaths and cracks about the Cryptkeeper. This'd probably take at least 10 more episodes, though; they haven't even build all their houses yet, not to mention they'll probably need to build a fallout shelter of some sort so that their NPCs don't get blown to High Hell by the Clowns of the hardmode Blood Moon.
    Sounds like you watch too much TB, you type like he talks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

8. Post #248
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    21,937 Posts
    the Fungeon
    Dungeons are tons of fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Zing Zing x 5 (list)

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,629 Posts
    When I read that I instantly thought of a dungeon dug into a giant growth of fungi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,684 Posts
    I have a Mechanical Eye, someone join Biotic's server so we can bully The Twins
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,079 Posts
    Oh man, when TB went to give Jesse the life crystal but accidentally used it on himself, that was god damn hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,629 Posts
    I have a Mechanical Eye, someone join Biotic's server so we can bully The Twins
    I have 2 and a mechanical skull.

Anyway, I just joined biotic's and noticed that the entire spawn and the "contaminated" area is now consumed by the hallow.

This may have it's upsides and down sides, but for me, it is becoming a nightmare. As a lot of you may know, I am building my underground area out of stone, this stone is now pearlstone which means it now looks worse and I can't neutralize it because the entire freaking area around it is hallow, sure I can live with a pink base with a less hidden hidden entrance, but the problem is that stone is now more rare and it is the material I am making my walls out of and due to the big lack, I may have to start a new small farming world for rocks.

I am also having issues with monsters, sure they could get into my base before and that weren't a problem to me, even when I was building on the outside which usually was full of monsters, but now I have pixies, laser shooting gas balloons and unicorns coming from everywhere making it a bit harder. Through, I also had another encounter with a familiar message which only shows up when I am completely alone on the server either building or fixing something I have made:

Luckily no clowns.

Still, I'll keep building my what I hope to be a wide hellevator deep into the underground hallow and hope the problems will be coped with once I reach lower altitudes where there is at least pearlstone everywhere and less space for enemies to spawn, but feel free to drop some neutral blocks of stone in one of the community chests in case you have any. Through, there is one issue I have which may even be more annoying than the hallow; could "Blanca" please stop joining the server and messing around in my place when you get bored? It is really getting annoying when I have to remove random bricks and other stuff in there before I can actually get to building.

TL;DR: I have issues with the hallow covering the server, but I hope to cope with them. Except that Blanca keep covering my house with random bricks (Pearlstone spread hallow BTW).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,133 Posts
    meteor hit my outpost. I had to rebuild the whole thing. Now its in the corruption.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

14. Post #254
    January 2009
    1,609 Posts
    meteor hit my outpost. I had to rebuild the whole thing. Now its in the corruption.
    I have never seen a meteor hit anything I've ever made. Imagine the trauma you went through seeing that your outpost was screwed upside down straight by the corruption AND a meteor..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #255
    Tea
    Dennab
    December 2008
    4,084 Posts
    So I recently just about managed to defeat the destroyer.
    I had full adamantite armour with the melee helmet, angel wings, shitload of potions, and the insanely fast crystal spell thing with a mana flower, and I found it to be quite challenging, how hard are the other two bosses?

16. Post #256
    January 2009
    1,609 Posts
    So I recently just about managed to defeat the destroyer.
    I had full adamantite armour with the melee helmet, angel wings, shitload of potions, and the insanely fast crystal spell thing with a mana flower, and I found it to be quite challenging, how hard are the other two bosses?
    Pretty damn hard. Skeletron Prime is okay if you use the Megashark, but, fuck The Twins. You'll need all armor in Hallowed beforehand, ironskin, long pathway, Megashark, 1800~ Cursed bullets..just prepare a lot more than you need to on the last two bosses. It saved me from dying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    September 2009
    2,030 Posts
    biotic's server is down my life no longer has meaning please help me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

18. Post #258
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    oops i forgot i restarted im sorry ok its up again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #259
    August 2011
    696 Posts
    Pretty damn hard. Skeletron Prime is okay if you use the Megashark, but, fuck The Twins. You'll need all armor in Hallowed beforehand, ironskin, long pathway, Megashark, 1800~ Cursed bullets..just prepare a lot more than you need to on the last two bosses. It saved me from dying.
    Too bad to get Hallowed Armor You need to beat the Twins first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Zing Zing x 7Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,629 Posts
    It might be possible to do it with a copper helmet instead, considering the stats of the hallow headwear if you somehow think that is a good idea to use.

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,684 Posts
    It might be possible to do it with a copper helmet instead, considering the stats of the hallow headwear if you somehow think that is a good idea to use.
    Hallowed Mask is pretty much the only Hallowed head protection worth using, regardless of your style of combat (Melee, ranged, magic).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,629 Posts
    I've heard the ranged helmet is a bit good, at least it has a half decent armor rating.

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,117 Posts
    Good job on The Destroyer you two guys I played with, I was Phil the Phasesaber Wielding Busta.

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,684 Posts
    Yeah, that fight was barrels o' fun.

I was the impeccably dressed gentleman with an affinity for flamethrowers, by the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,222 Posts
    Playing a Terraria Adventure map with a friend.

He decides to disregard it and spend all night fighting zombies instead of doing the objective.

It was also his idea to play the adventure map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

26. Post #266
    August 2011
    696 Posts
    Playing a Terraria Adventure map with a friend.

He decides to disregard it and spend all night fighting zombies instead of doing the objective.

It was also his idea to play the adventure map.
    That's why you shouldn't play with an idiot who doesn't play the map right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,684 Posts
    Is anyone interested in playing all new characters on a fresh map? I won't be available for the next hour or two, but might as well ask right away.

(We'd need someone willing to host though, because I have no idea how to port forward without burning something down)

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,243 Posts
    Good job on The Destroyer you two guys I played with, I was Phil the Phasesaber Wielding Busta.
    And I was the Dr. Bones hat wearing guy, great job and thanks for the souls of flight.

I could go with the new world thing, except I may have problems with being available, also I can host.

29. Post #269
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    (We'd need someone willing to host though, because I have no idea how to port forward without burning something down)
    Hi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,684 Posts
    Well, if you'd be willing to host a brand new world, that'd be swell

31. Post #271
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    I can do that.

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,222 Posts
    I'd be up to play Matrix.

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,684 Posts
    Woo, joining now then

34. Post #274
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Okay but give me a minute to make a new server.

Edited:

Server is up, same IP as other server but with the port 7776

Edited:

If you forgot the IP it's 76.104.37.41.

Edited:

New characters only guys.

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,222 Posts
    I'm the only one on atm.

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,629 Posts
    Is it down now?

37. Post #277
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Is it down now?
    No.

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,629 Posts
    I can't seem to be able to connect.

39. Post #279
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Are you sure you're connecting to the right server?

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,629 Posts

I keep getting stuck here: