1. Post #1161
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,329 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive there's forced latency in SC2 as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1162
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    Whenever I see a streamer play on a server in a different region, the lag is barely noticeable. I really don't know how it works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

3. Post #1163
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,332 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive there's forced latency in SC2 as well.
    Everything in the engine is synced exactly the same for everyone. That's why the game completely halts or slows down if even one person is lagging. Even observers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

4. Post #1164
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    Everything in the engine is synced exactly the same for everyone. That's why the game completely halts or slows down if even one person is lagging. Even observers.
    Genius.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #1165
    January 2011
    302 Posts
    Is PvT really that bad a MU right now? I mean sure EMP and storm can both be imba as hell, though everything is if you do it right.

Like I dunno if there's a fuzz at all but I like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

6. Post #1166
    NO MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING
    March 2009
    3,171 Posts
    Is anyone even actually interested in the Harbingers? Like waiting for map 3? Because if the hype isn't that great im thinking of putting it on hold so I can start my Resident Evil Project. If people are actually waiting to play it then Ill finish it first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1167
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    Is anyone even actually interested in the Harbingers? Like waiting for map 3? Because if the hype isn't that great im thinking of putting it on hold so I can start my Resident Evil Project. If people are actually waiting to play it then Ill finish it first.
    You should work on what you want to work on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #1168
    March 2009
    3,171 Posts
    BUT IF PEOPLE WANT HARBINGERS MAP 3 I NEED TO FINISH IT. IF NO ONE IS BOTHERED ITS DELAYED THEN ILL WORK ON RESIDENT EVIL fucking caps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #1169
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    Did you just type all of that without looking at your screen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

10. Post #1170
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    Is PvT really that bad a MU right now? I mean sure EMP and storm can both be imba as hell, though everything is if you do it right.

Like I dunno if there's a fuzz at all but I like it.

I don't like it because if anyone makes a mistake in the inevitable deathball clash your army just disappears in 4 seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #1171
    March 2009
    3,171 Posts
    Did you just type all of that without looking at your screen?
    yes, caps is my talk button on Mumble.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #1172
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,806 Posts
    I present you some awesome creative starcraft cake with the amazing tunes of bw in the bagground
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #1173
    January 2012
    618 Posts
    Depends where you live.
    For me I get 180 ping in France and 200 in South Korea and I live on the west coast.

I would probably get noticeable delay.
    Well the thing is for me, the team that i'm on for starcraft we have cross-world players so we bought multiple accounts for different places.
    Like:

ExampleClanEU < For Korea/NA
    ExampleClanNA <For Korean/EU
    ExampleClanKR <For EU/NA

Very helpful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #1174
    June 2010
    589 Posts
    Oh my. In the NA 75$ Daily tournament on Playhem, I beat my first opponent, a Top 8 Masters Terran, but my second opponent was Yang, a Rank 24 Australian Grandmaster.
    I got raped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

15. Post #1175
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,417 Posts
    Oh god, deathdrops as zerg so fucking fun. Run in with like 20 roaches and 40 zerglings, the guy is like OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK and can't do shit because he choked his army and I win.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #1176
    January 2012
    618 Posts
    Oh my. In the NA 75$ Daily tournament on Playhem, I beat my first opponent, a Top 8 Masters Terran, but my second opponent was Yang, a Rank 24 Australian Grandmaster.
    I got raped.
    At least you beat someone, also you should stream your playhem like many do.
    http://www.teamliquid.net/

17. Post #1177
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,595 Posts
    its pretty obvious that pressing alt+f4 to crash your game wouldnt not make you lose ladder points
    My best guess is that sc2 not only makes a connection to bnet but the opposing player as well and the moment the dropper begins to loose they'll ddos the connection of the opponent.

A second possibility is, that the game won't list a disconnect as a loss (aka pull out the plug)

Third, forcing a desync by feeding bnet bogus data. Since it can't actually check what data is right it refuses to resolve it at all.

Essentially the game is still P2P which allows you to do these things. The server itself isn't what feeds the player the data.

But you just lost more money than he did, probably.

Zerg can afford it. Plus thorauder is like the slowest moving army. hell leapfrogging tanks is sometimes faster. You'll barely ever be able to move out to damage on foot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1178
    June 2010
    589 Posts
    At least you beat someone, also you should stream your playhem like many do.
    http://www.teamliquid.net/
    Streams make me lag like hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

19. Post #1179
    January 2012
    618 Posts
    Streams make me lag like hell.
    How much ram do you have open? You may have to give some over to what ever program you plan to use.

I honestly suggest http://www.xsplit.com/

20. Post #1180
    June 2010
    589 Posts
    I do use Xsplit. My settings for streaming are usually 1280X720, and 15 FPS, which makes me lag. Any lower and the quality is terrible, so I just don't bother streaming.

How do I check how much ram I have open?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

21. Post #1181
    January 2012
    618 Posts
    I do use Xsplit. My settings for streaming are usually 1280X720, and 15 FPS, which makes me lag. Any lower and the quality is terrible, so I just don't bother streaming.

How do I check how much ram I have open?
    Start > Computer > System properties> voila!

I stream 100fps 1920x1200, not to brag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #1182
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,697 Posts
    voilą or voila

not wallah goddamn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #1183
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    how do people actually think that its wolla or wollah or wallah or w/e, honestly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

24. Post #1184
    June 2010
    589 Posts
    Goddamn. Bad Manner Unpause People.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #1185
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    voilą or voila

not wallah goddamn
    no man, it's vióla!!1!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #1186
    March 2009
    3,171 Posts
    Better yet, Bad Manner people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #1187
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    If they're BMing nothing wrong with BM unpause
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #1188
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    Took me 13 hours to realize what you meant.

You paused the game and your opponent unpaused!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #1189
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,595 Posts
    Don't most streamers need a fast HDD? Since I assume they're saving a lot of temp video
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1190
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Don't most streamers need a fast HDD? Since I assume they're saving a lot of temp video
    No. HDD speed affects things like load times. Not the quality or speed of the stream. What matters is mostly your CPU and upload speed.

Edited:

The CPU handles the processing and encoding of the stream, and the upload is kinda obvious, it uploads the streamed video.

31. Post #1191
    August 2005
    2,966 Posts
    Yeah it is retarded, what is the point of even playing if your opponent isn't there? Does it honestly make some of these people feel good about themselves when they win like that? I have had that happen so many times and it is goddamn infuriating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #1192
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,942 Posts
    I just love Protoss who cannon rush other Protoss. I just got out of a 2v2 with my buddy who mains Zerg against P&T, we didn't see the 'toss had set up the pylon until the first cannon actually went down. My buddy shat a small ingot while I just built a cannon at each of our bases and completely shut down their cannon rush, then I dropped a warp prism to stop them from expanding while my buddy teched up and built up a 200 supply army. During this their T was sitting with his thumb up his ass building marine/marauder/siege because when you're 20some minutes into the game marine/marauder/siege + void ray spam is a good idea against hydras, ultralisks, infestors, blink stalkers and immortals (I had 3/3/1 upgrades, their Terran had the highest on their team with 1/1).

Then I went into a 1v1 queue against a guy who got a fast forge + proxy pylon (who didn't actually expand until I was getting my third) in my smoke ports on Metalopolis (this one I actually noticed before it was even built) who claimed that I owned him and he wasn't trying to cannon rush me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

33. Post #1193
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Yeah it is retarded, what is the point of even playing if your opponent isn't there? Does it honestly make some of these people feel good about themselves when they win like that? I have had that happen so many times and it is goddamn infuriating.
    There are people that only care about winning. Personally I play for fun and that's why I don't play anymore. 1v1 is kinda boring once you do it for a while, especially when you're doing really long sessions. It gets frustrating after a while, people say to just stop caring, but it's harder to not care than to say to not care.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #1194
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    I want to know why they even let them unpause right after you paused it. They really should add a wait (like 5 minutes, maybe?) before you can unpause the game someone else unpaused, so you still can't pause and hope they just leave, but they can't be as BM with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

35. Post #1195
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    I want to know why they even let them unpause right after you paused it. They really should add a wait (like 5 minutes, maybe?) before you can unpause the game someone else unpaused, so you still can't pause and hope they just leave, but they can't be as BM with it.
    Well, that would suck because there is some who use pause to harass other people, like people who pause the game and yell "EZ!1!" and "get out" at you. It's perfectly fine as it is now in my opinion.

36. Post #1196
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Well, that would suck because there is some who use pause to harass other people, like people who pause the game and yell "EZ!1!" and "get out" at you. It's perfectly fine as it is now in my opinion.
    No, it's not fine. You've obviously never had to shit or take a piss in the middle of a game, and don't say "hold it in herp derp", because that's stupid, when you gotta go you gotta go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #1197
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    No, it's not fine. You've obviously never had to shit or take a piss in the middle of a game, and don't say "hold it in herp derp", because that's stupid, when you gotta go you gotta go.
    So you're telling me you'd rather sit there getting BM'ed for 5 minutes, rather than unpausing and resuming the game?

38. Post #1198
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    So you're telling me you'd rather sit there getting BM'ed for 5 minutes, rather than unpausing and resuming the game?
    Yes. I'd rather that than be fucked over when I have to piss and play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1199
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    Yes. I'd rather that than be fucked over when I have to piss and play.
    Alright sure. Opinions.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #1200
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Not to mention if that happened you can just alt tab and do something else for those 5 minutes, nobody said you had to stay and watch the BM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)