1. Post #2121
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,434 Posts
    No, it's not you fucking retard

I'm not complaining about cheese I am complaining about imbalanced fucking retarded shit kind of like your stupid face go fuck yourself

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Megafan))
    l2workersplit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2122
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    Win - skill
    Win - skill
    Loss - Terran OP
    Win - skill
    Loss - Protoss OP
    Loss - Protoss OP
    Loss - Zerg cheese chobo noob fucking MMR sucks

Edited:

now what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #2123
    July 2010
    1,750 Posts
    wow, i played on EU with my starters edition 2v2.
    Because I was terran I decided to joke around and mass scv...
    SCV OP
    Terran OP

I ended up winning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #2124

November 2010
    510 Posts
    Is there anything that can beat mass carrier besides lv3 mass marine? I win using this Cheese a lot (and lose to it if I'm not doing it myself)

And I know a conventional timing destroys this build but in a straight up macro vs macro, what can beat 3-3-3 carriers with graviton catapult?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #2125
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    It's ridiculous that SCVs can take more hits than drones or probes, terrans can literally just rush with SCVs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

6. Post #2126
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,078 Posts
    Is there anything that can beat mass carrier besides lv3 mass marine? I win using this Cheese a lot (and lose to it if I'm not doing it myself)

And I know a conventional timing destroys this build but in a straight up macro vs macro, what can beat 3-3-3 carriers with graviton catapult?
    Archon toilet? Dunno, something to try out in unit tester.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #2127
    August 2005
    2,971 Posts
    It's ridiculous that SCVs can take more hits than drones or probes, terrans can literally just rush with SCVs
    Except SCVs build at a slower rate than both Probes and Drones, and they can't heal without using minerals, there is nothing ridiculous about them. (Okay in the beta when SCVs had 15 more health than they do now they WERE ridiculous)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #2128
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    BW SCVs had 60 hp, just like in the beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #2129
    April 2008
    1,242 Posts

Battlecrusiers might work due to their massive amount of armor.
    6 armor on the BC vs 8 dmg x 2 per interceptor. So each interceptor does 4 dmg every 3 seconds. So 138 attacks to kill a battlecruiser. 51.25 seconds to kill a battlecruiser.

3 shield and 5 armor on carrier vs 9 dmg from carrier. So 6 dmg vs shield and 4 vs hull. 25 hits for shield and 75 hits for hull. 22.5 seconds to kill a carrier.

These are 1v1 situation. In larger engagement you would have to deal with yamato cannon which takes 3 seconds to charge and outranges carriers.

How many are we talking for mass carrier? Like normal play quantities or 4v4 and you aren't attacked all game quantities?

If a battlecruiser is yamato'ing a carrier can only get off a single volley before getting hit by it. 18 carriers will one-volley a battlecruiser. But against 18 BCs you will get yamote'd enough to be at a massive disadvantage if you don't micro perfect.

BCs will win against carriers in pure armies of just capital ships. With a mother ship it might be different.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2130
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Bronze league is the biggest bunch of epic failures ever..
    I drone rushed a guy (I'm bronze, I've got nothing to lose lol).. I failed... 6 drones dead.. I had 1.. it took me like 6 minutes just to get back to my starting point of 6 drones 50 minerals.

20 minutes later I won.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

11. Post #2131
    June 2010
    589 Posts
    wow i was getting 4gated but the guy was turtling like a bitch so I just attacked him and won, he was just about to get immortals out as well

Edited:

Anyone got any tips for improving other than just "play a lot"
    4Gate with immortal?
    To get better, watch streams.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #2132
    A Self Condescending Title
    October 2006
    2,205 Posts
    Bronze league is the biggest bunch of epic failures ever..
    I drone rushed a guy (I'm bronze, I've got nothing to lose lol).. I failed... 6 drones dead.. I had 1.. it took me like 6 minutes just to get back to my starting point of 6 drones 50 minerals.

20 minutes later I won.
    Wouldn't he also be at a major disadvantage? Unless he actually had all of his drones after the engagement, and even if all of his drones survived, I'm sure he pissed his pants and couldn't concentrate that well.

13. Post #2133
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    Just finished playing against some gold protoss who had one pylon in his main not walling off so I thought he was cheesing, turns out he was walling off with 15 cannons. He was like "now try and attack ^_^" so I did, by putting my lings in overlords and dropping them in his base. Turns out he was turtling and going void ray so I built a bunch of hydralisks and dumped them in his base too, I didn't want to attack his 15 cannons so I just destroyed his nexus and BMed him until he left, in total he built 1 gateway, a forge and a shitload of cannons, and 6 stargates, half of which were destroyed by the ling push, he was basically trying to turtle while he teched to air in a really shitty way. He says he's working on the build.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #2134
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,233 Posts
    Ranked bronze in 1v1 down from silver :(

Anyone want to practice with me?

15. Post #2135
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Wouldn't he also be at a major disadvantage? Unless he actually had all of his drones after the engagement, and even if all of his drones survived, I'm sure he pissed his pants and couldn't concentrate that well.
    He had about 5 left when I had 1 (I got there when he had 8, I had 5 in the attack group).. So after my attack is was like 4 / 5 to 1 his way.. idk

My micro is shit

Also just got BM'd for 20 minutes by some l33t one baser...
    He then QQ's because his Mass Void Ray was countered by Mass Muta and Spore Crawlers.......
    lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

16. Post #2136
    Cuz EMP is an awful spell that only works when your opponent clumps up 8 full energy HTs.
    yeah or when your opponent is a race whose units all have shields good thing that doesn't exist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #2137
    December 2009
    11,636 Posts
    johnny i pm'd you back >:O

also I won my first game, it was ZvZ, I went Roaches/Hydras, he went lings. Went from rank 83 to 43 :D

Edited:

also, I still don't know how to keep myself poor.

Edited:

Went up against Terran this time. Fuck Marines/Marauders. Even with Banelings I couldn't defeat his huge pushes and forces.

18. Post #2138
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Got 6pooled
    Pulled drones
    Won

First 6pool and I think first ZvZ I've ever faced.

Hope I can break out of Bronze this season. Wish me luck.

Edited:

also, I still don't know how to keep myself poor.

Edited:

Went up against Terran this time. Fuck Marines/Marauders. Even with Banelings I couldn't defeat his huge pushes and forces.
    Line 1 is the reason for line 2
    As Zerg you should try always have one more base than your opponent
    Keep yourself poor by a mix of teching and massing units.

If your base is under attack and you're losing decisively, and you have over a thousand minerals and gas, just imagine how many units you could have with that cash.

I've always been top 25 in Bronze, pretty sure it's because the people I play and beat just missed some huge key thing of the game. I've seen a guy with no tech on his units at the 25 minute mark lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

19. Post #2139
    Gold Member

March 2005
    4,266 Posts
    Played my first 1v1 in like 2 seasons and accidentally off-raced as Protoss.

Thought I was doing unusually well and was wondering what the deal was when I watched the replay and noticed this Zerg player spammed nothing but drones which I assumed would have put him at an economy at least equal to mine. Somehow he managed to select all his drones at his main and tell them to stop for nearly a minute before telling them to mine again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

20. Post #2140
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    Played my first 1v1 in like 2 seasons and accidentally off-raced as Protoss.

Thought I was doing unusually well and was wondering what the deal was when I watched the replay and noticed this Zerg player spammed nothing but drones which I assumed would have put him at an economy at least equal to mine. Somehow he managed to select all his drones at his main and tell them to stop for nearly a minute before telling them to mine again.
    Special tactics
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #2141
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,942 Posts
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3926654/herp...lver.SC2Replay

Can anyone give me a critique on this game? I feel like I played very shitty and really shouldn't have won that. I didn't even think to build immortals.

22. Post #2142
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts

Can anyone give me a critique on this game? I feel like I played very shitty and really shouldn't have won that. I didn't even think to build immortals.
    Nice folder name
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

23. Post #2143
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,942 Posts
    Nice folder name
    It reflects the entire bloody match nicely.

24. Post #2144
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    Imma check it out when I get home
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #2145
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,332 Posts
    fuck yeah DRG

26. Post #2146
    Gold Member

March 2005
    4,266 Posts

What the hell was that? ...The fuck was blue even doing? Floating 12k mins, that motherfucker had more money than God and he did nothing with it... he just sent this pussy little army in and then left?!

One thing I noticed is that you didn't actually really do anything. You just sort of chilled until blue finally attacked you after like 20mins.
    And yeah as you said you had the robo and totally forgot about immortals, that shit would have pooped on his roach army so hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

27. Post #2147
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,942 Posts
    What the hell was that? ...The fuck was blue even doing? Floating 12k mins, that motherfucker had more money than God and he did nothing with it... he just sent this pussy little army in and then left?!

One thing I noticed is that you didn't actually really do anything. You just sort of chilled until blue finally attacked you after like 20mins.
    And yeah as you said you had the robo and totally forgot about immortals, that shit would have pooped on his roach army so hard.
    Dude, I have absolutely no fucking clue what he was doing. My friend told me he was doing some sort of 3 base before hatch play and I kinda don't want to watch the replay again to find out if that's true. The reason why I was sitting back waiting for him is because I saw he had 3 bases and figured that he was a decent zerg player (because I'm retarded and don't scout) so I wanted to expand as much as possible, get the econ advantage, and then wait for the opportunity to counter attack because I would have had the defending advantage. You know, play the macro game until I was sure my army could shit on him and then transition into molesting his entire fucking base.

You could actually see where I was considering throwing up the GG until I glanced over to the right most expansions and figured I was in it for the long haul so I might as well try to expand. If I had lost that game and actually watched the replay I probably would have just died of an aneurysm.

Edited:

I feel that the only real saving grace of that game was my usage of my ramp to funnel in his roaches to die and just general late-game stalker usage (especially considering roaches fucking counter stalkers what drugs was I on man).

28. Post #2148
    Gold Member

March 2005
    4,266 Posts
    Yeah don't be afraid to play aggressively I guess, if he's expanding faster than you then don't wait for him to attack with a higher economy. Also at one stage you weren't harvesting gas, at all.

Have to admit my last PvZ was probably just as miserable though.

I feel that the only real saving grace of that game was my usage of my ramp to funnel in his roaches to die and just general late-game stalker usage (especially considering roaches fucking counter stalkers what drugs was I on man).
    Yeah he got molested on that ramp, he never got to 3/3 either with his infinite resources.

Oh btw I really digged the sentry play, that was hot. I think that's what you were really going for most of the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

29. Post #2149
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,942 Posts
    Yeah don't be afraid to play aggressively I guess, if he's expanding faster than you then don't wait for him to attack with a higher economy. At one stage you weren't harvest gas, at all.

Have to admit my last PvZ was probably just as miserable though.

Yeah he got molested on that ramp, he never got to 3/3 either with his infinite resources.
    I was doing frequent hallucination flybys and saw he was sticking to 4 bases so I figured I'd try to 5-6 base him with my ridiculous gateway count. My problem with early aggression is that I tend to overcommit and that fucks me over pretty badly, which is why I've been sticking to the macro until counterattack sort of play. That probably is a bad habit and I should stop it.

Edited:

I was doing frequent hallucination flybys and saw he was sticking to 4 bases so I figured I'd try to 5-6 base him with my ridiculous gateway count. My problem with early aggression is that I tend to overcommit and that fucks me over pretty badly, which is why I've been sticking to the macro until counterattack sort of play. That probably is a bad habit and I should stop it.

Edited:

Sentries are my absolute favorite unit in the entire game forever and ever and ever. I love how sentries just take complete control of the battle particularly with splitting forces.

30. Post #2150
    Gold Member

March 2005
    4,266 Posts
    You don't have to attack early or anything, it's just that neither of you did anything until 180pop minimum which was just excruciatingly slow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

31. Post #2151
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,202 Posts
    No, it's not you fucking retard

I'm not complaining about cheese I am complaining about imbalanced fucking retarded shit kind of like your stupid face go fuck yourself

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Megafan))
    "yo I'm a protoss. Yes, the race that is potentially most devastating but we have no idea how to play. Yes, we are the ones that tend to yell a lot."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #2152
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    "yo I'm a protoss. Yes, the race that is potentially most devastating but we have no idea how to play. Yes, we are the ones that tend to yell a lot."
    MY LIFE FOR AIUR AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #2153
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    terran is such a fucking stupid race I got 2 rax expo bunker rushed and fought it off yet he still managed to macro up and win the game, there is no punishment at all for that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #2154
    January 2009
    923 Posts
    terran is such a fucking stupid race I got 2 rax expo bunker rushed and fought it off yet he still managed to macro up and win the game, there is no punishment at all for that
    Terran has to do early damage or else he will loose (unless gsl level shut up). Terrans are playing with a bomb strapped to their face and if they don't win "early" they will loose.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #2155
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    Now that we're on the topic of Terrans; there's no terran finalist in the GSL vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #2156
    January 2009
    1,890 Posts
    Terran is underpowered. 'Tis a dark time, truly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2157
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    next patch: terran units now cost minerals
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

38. Post #2158
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    -snop-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

39. Post #2159
    NO MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING
    March 2009
    3,174 Posts
    Got into platinum, now everyone beats me. Well then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

40. Post #2160
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,202 Posts
    next patch: terran units now cost minerals
    terran up now gg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)