1. Post #361
    NO MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING
    March 2009
    3,220 Posts
    Im a complete Starcraft II noob when it comes to terms and tourny streams.

I watched Day9 He seemed cool, I dont like Husky.

Can I have a link to Artosis to see what he is like?

Pageking, oh god.

Well Harbingers is being worked on since MC got updated and I dont need to manage the server until bukkit is updated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,104 Posts

http://www.twitch.tv/artosis :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #363
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,502 Posts

[URL]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    TBH I feel like Day9 lost his analytical ability and is also very far behind the metagame. Mech vs Protoss? That's almost as sound as Reapers.
    Just saying, that's Artosis that came up with that. Not Sean.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events

5. Post #365
    March 2009
    3,220 Posts
    Oh my God. I have never seen this, and I am sad I haven't seen it until now, This is my new video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #366
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    Just saying, that's Artosis that came up with that. Not Sean.
    And Day9 also went along with it, when Incontrol, the only one with experience playing against mech in PvT was getting laughed out for being reasonable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,886 Posts
    TBH I feel like Day9 lost his analytical ability and is also very far behind the metagame. Mech vs Protoss? That's almost as sound as Reapers.
    Don't standard mech players say, that the only way you can actually go mech against toss is by planting PF's on the map? Since you need something to keep speedlots in check and BF's just don't cut it anymore.

I kinda feel like the entire BF nerf really was directed at TvP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    It was intended for TvT but D. Kim is more incompetent than a cuttlefish in space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    Planetaries are about as effective as 3 Sieged Tanks without mass repair, the reason you NEED them is so that the lategame 30 zealot warp in won't buttfuck you. Again Protoss has the easiest time destroying Planetaries.

The BF nerf made it so that zealots became nearly cost effective at killing Hellions, that alone wouln't change much however. What it really changes is it lets Protoss spend less gas on units he doesn't want (Stalkers) and lets him get more Immortals, Archons, Colossus in addition to more Zealots for warp prism backstabs. Now that Hellions are not that great against Zealots, Protoss doesn't have to avoid getting them anymore. In addition to that, Probes now get 3 shotted which reduces the effectiveness of Hellion harass, what mech in Sc2 is actually built around. In SC2 Mech, your death ball is only marginally stronger and much slower than Protoss' who can remax nearly instantaneously after the end game battle. Because of this, you must anally rape Protoss' economy so that his death ball will be significantly weaker. If you cannot destroy his economy, Protoss with its superior mobility and static defense will be allowed to take the map and mine gas out of more than 3 bases. That much gas income allows Protoss to get all the tech units with ease and radically change their composition at will. If you allow them to do that, you'll have to win 2 battles very convincingly, the big clash in the middle of map, and the reinforcements. Frankly, without being significantly far ahead it is not possible to win against an equally skilled opponent with mech. Tanks are too weak, expensive and supply heavy. Hellions have lost most of their utility. Thors are awful against air, extremely slow and supply heavy. For this very reason GoOdy no longer goes mech in TvP.

What needs to happen is the addition of Spider Mines, which will allow Terran to deny expansions and keep map precense if Mech is ever to be viable beyond 2-3 base doom pushes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,079 Posts
    TvP is my weakest at the moment.
    I usually go rine rauder medivac/viking.
    Any TvP tips?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    TvP is my weakest at the moment.
    I usually go rine rauder medivac/viking.
    Any TvP tips?
    Make ghosts, learn to snipe, if your micro is decent, make more marines than marauders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #372
    July 2010
    1,750 Posts
    I finally beat very hard AI with protoss (it wasn't hard at all...)! now to beat insane..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,104 Posts
    Make ghosts, learn to snipe, if your micro is decent, make more marines than marauders.
    Don't forget dat emp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #374
    January 2009
    1,903 Posts
    I just found out you can forego using shift to cast spells, or having to reclick the hotkey everytime you cast. You can just hold it down and click, and this even works for snipe. This means you don't run the risk of misclicking or queueing up move commands before the spell.

No idea if this is how everyone already does it anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

15. Post #375
    March 2009
    3,220 Posts
    So that time has come yet again. I need testers for Map 3 Before I make a Public Release. Rate me Agree if you want to test, and I will PM you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,104 Posts
    Is it going out today? becuase right now i have nothing to do for the next >9 hours.

Edit: Except masterbate, obviously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #377
    January 2009
    1,903 Posts
    I have some free time from exams, so I might do some streaming in a bit, with commentary. Diamond league terran atm, but I play VERY infequently, my bonus pool is like 170.

Edited:

I'll also be using Destiny's streaming guide, which means thuper high quality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,104 Posts
    My ISP's upgrading lines within the next 3-4 months, might start streaming come HoTS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,886 Posts
    Planetaries are about as effective as 3 Sieged Tanks without mass repair, the reason you NEED them is so that the lategame 30 zealot warp in won't buttfuck you. Again Protoss has the easiest time destroying Planetaries.

The BF nerf made it so that zealots became nearly cost effective at killing Hellions, that alone wouln't change much however. What it really changes is it lets Protoss spend less gas on units he doesn't want (Stalkers) and lets him get more Immortals, Archons, Colossus in addition to more Zealots for warp prism backstabs. Now that Hellions are not that great against Zealots, Protoss doesn't have to avoid getting them anymore. In addition to that, Probes now get 3 shotted which reduces the effectiveness of Hellion harass, what mech in Sc2 is actually built around. In SC2 Mech, your death ball is only marginally stronger and much slower than Protoss' who can remax nearly instantaneously after the end game battle. Because of this, you must anally rape Protoss' economy so that his death ball will be significantly weaker. If you cannot destroy his economy, Protoss with its superior mobility and static defense will be allowed to take the map and mine gas out of more than 3 bases. That much gas income allows Protoss to get all the tech units with ease and radically change their composition at will. If you allow them to do that, you'll have to win 2 battles very convincingly, the big clash in the middle of map, and the reinforcements. Frankly, without being significantly far ahead it is not possible to win against an equally skilled opponent with mech. Tanks are too weak, expensive and supply heavy. Hellions have lost most of their utility. Thors are awful against air, extremely slow and supply heavy. For this very reason GoOdy no longer goes mech in TvP.

What needs to happen is the addition of Spider Mines, which will allow Terran to deny expansions and keep map precense if Mech is ever to be viable beyond 2-3 base doom pushes.
    There's a few other points actually - the changes to immortal range for instance suddenly made those a lot better at taking pot shots at the hellion pack which weakens it even significantly more.

But yeah I agree with the economy thing. Before the base of the terran army was very static compared to a toss and it had fast response units in the hellions which could either defend a lot run in or harass back themselves.

With the change, you're left with a very static army that just can't defend. That's really one of the reasons why a PF is kinda the last saving grace of mech TvP, since your mineral sink is really bad now, you need to find a different way to keep lots away from the tanks which doesn't go too deep into gas.

The PF is kinda that. It is only as "good" as three tanks, but is vastly more cheap on the gas front, if he ignores it funnels units and has a pretty sizeable HP chunk.

But yeah - a terran usually must maintain an advantage to win. Because while the terran deathball might be slightly stronger than either a zerg doomarmy or a toss deathball, you can't really reinforce it. So a terran that doesn't manage to stay ahead for most of the game will get cut and dimed to pieces by either the far faster zerg army. (I mean just compare roach speed to rine speed) or will be met with an already remaxed toss army.

Also to be honest Thors aren't awful against air. It's just that they're a very critical numbers unit. Hit a certain thor count and you can more or less waste any air at will. Their targeting priority is pretty messy though and they tend to have issues with lots.

To say something else again.

The thing I absolutely but absolutely fear the most about heart of the swarm is the ultralisk upgrade. Those things are a beast already, but you can deal with them because you can see them aproach from a mile away and will either shell them to death or kite them to death. With that upgrade, you will almost always loose a sizeable marine group to it and on top of that even if you do have detection the aproach time is far far lower which makes the shelling to death a lot harder to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,104 Posts
    Bronze League is hilarious, i forgot to build my pool, it went down at 20 supply, so i thought why not drone up, grab my third.

Still won.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #381
    January 2009
    1,903 Posts
    Alright here goes, the stream is up: http://www.twitch.tv/amsay

Going to start by doing a 4v4, people in chat can say what happens next.

Edited:

Turns out my internet lags really heavily, will have to do some tweaking...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

22. Post #382
    Professional Video Games Hoarder
    July 2005
    1,720 Posts
    youre not streaming?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

23. Post #383
    January 2009
    1,903 Posts
    I'm afraid not, I started a game and it lagged every couple of seconds for me and everyone else.

24. Post #384
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    my friend wanted me to introduce him to sc2, I started a stream on own3dtv and it went very well with my connection. Was able to win two match and explain to him what did what.

Also, I don,t understand the ladder. I was gold in the last season, I'm silver in the current one but alway playing agaisnt high gold. Why is that

25. Post #385
    March 2009
    3,220 Posts
    Do any of you guys remember the Resident Evil maps from SCI, specifically Racoon City? I was thinking of Re-making that but with some special touches. Do you guys think that is a good idea?

My other idea is to re-make Vampires and Lycans from SCI.

What one sounds better

Agree for Resident Evil: Racoon City
    Disagree for Vampires and Lycans
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #386
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    There's a few other points actually - the changes to immortal range for instance suddenly made those a lot better at taking pot shots at the hellion pack which weakens it even significantly more.

But yeah I agree with the economy thing. Before the base of the terran army was very static compared to a toss and it had fast response units in the hellions which could either defend a lot run in or harass back themselves.

With the change, you're left with a very static army that just can't defend. That's really one of the reasons why a PF is kinda the last saving grace of mech TvP, since your mineral sink is really bad now, you need to find a different way to keep lots away from the tanks which doesn't go too deep into gas.

The PF is kinda that. It is only as "good" as three tanks, but is vastly more cheap on the gas front, if he ignores it funnels units and has a pretty sizeable HP chunk.

But yeah - a terran usually must maintain an advantage to win. Because while the terran deathball might be slightly stronger than either a zerg doomarmy or a toss deathball, you can't really reinforce it. So a terran that doesn't manage to stay ahead for most of the game will get cut and dimed to pieces by either the far faster zerg army. (I mean just compare roach speed to rine speed) or will be met with an already remaxed toss army.

Also to be honest Thors aren't awful against air. It's just that they're a very critical numbers unit. Hit a certain thor count and you can more or less waste any air at will. Their targeting priority is pretty messy though and they tend to have issues with lots.

To say something else again.

The thing I absolutely but absolutely fear the most about heart of the swarm is the ultralisk upgrade. Those things are a beast already, but you can deal with them because you can see them aproach from a mile away and will either shell them to death or kite them to death. With that upgrade, you will almost always loose a sizeable marine group to it and on top of that even if you do have detection the aproach time is far far lower which makes the shelling to death a lot harder to do.

Mech can still win like I said (with 2 base allins/timing pushes), its just the lategame is even more punishing than bio. You have to play like its Phantom mode and build 10 PFs to cover every entrance. The only maps where late game mech is playable are maps you can split in half like shakuras and shattered. What makes Thors awful is the fact that they get shat on by Void Rays so badly, especially if they get magic boxed. If you get a critical mass of Thors, your force will be slower and weaker to a ground force (which Mech is supposed to counter). Its actually a lot better to get Vikings and turrets, its more supply efficient and protects you from Carriers (lol). There's generally 2 ways to counter a sudden air switch.

Get a ton of Thors (then get raped by an immortal switch) or get a ton of turrets (not just on your main's cliffs but everywhere, dot that shit all over the map). Turrets will protect you from air and colossus, your 2 biggest hassles. Not only that, you'll never die to DTs. You really do need Vikings against Colossus, you need to force him to make Stalkers which suck against Tanks and they get double splashed (Tank hits colossus, all stalkers under colossus also take damage).

I'll still try to do some Mech openings, there's this really nice one on big maps, it kinda works like the equivalent of a 6 gate. Its basically a 1 rax FE followed by double gas into 4 factories + 1 reactored rax. 3 Reactors and 1 Techlab, you get blue flame, siege and tanks out of the techlab factory and mass hellion from the 3 reactored factories. You also constantly produce reactored marines for AA and additional DPS. Its disgustingly powerful because it hits before most core protoss units are out (colossus). If Protoss played extra greedy you can actually just kill him with just your hellions, don't even need the tanks. Its a bit of an allin if you don't deal significant damage but I have yet to lose with it since its so weird.

But alas Mech is not a style that works every game consistently like Bio, but it is something you can mix in. I think this is something GoOdy should pick up on, because it makes me facepalm to see him play Bio with the mechanics of a platinum player lol. The worst part is he still wins

27. Post #387
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,688 Posts

next up, grandmasters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,036 Posts
    I think I might get back into SC2, but Zerg really frustrated me, so I want to learn a new race. I need some Terran teachers.

Edited:

The fuck did I do to cause this. Repair couldn't even fix it, told me to re install.

This is how I come back into the world of SC2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 3 (list)

29. Post #389
    June 2010
    589 Posts

Man... It's depressing no matter what I do, I'll always be stuck in Rank 1 Diamond. Never masters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,573 Posts
    how is that depressing...

you will always be #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #391
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts

#1 of the #3.

32. Post #392
    January 2009
    1,903 Posts
    I think I might get back into SC2, but Zerg really frustrated me, so I want to learn a new race. I need some Terran teachers.

Edited:

The fuck did I do to cause this. Repair couldn't even fix it, told me to re install.

This is how I come back into the world of SC2
    Everything is igloos.

33. Post #393
    June 2010
    589 Posts
    #1 of the #3.
    #1 of #100

Yeah, but not #1 of masters.

34. Post #394
    March 2009
    3,220 Posts
    So its been decided, my Next project will be.

RESIDENT EVIL: Racoon City.

time to read up on my resident evil lore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,635 Posts
    I'm streaming yet again. Now with much better production quality ( overlays, webcam, you can see what music im listening to, etc. )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

36. Post #396
    January 2009
    1,903 Posts
    This turned out surprisingly well.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,635 Posts
    I'm streaming yet again. Now with much better production quality ( overlays, webcam, you can see what music im listening to, etc. )
    And I forgot to link my stream. I'm an idiot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

38. Post #398
    July 2005
    1,720 Posts
    I dont get this,I ffl my placement matchs and got put into Silver...
    what the fuck blizz ?

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,635 Posts
    I dont get this,I ffl my placement matchs and got put into Silver...
    what the fuck blizz ?
    ffl ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #400
    July 2005
    1,720 Posts
    I meant Forfeit lost.