1. Post #4201
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,891 Posts
    what about a, gotta a move dude
    what is a move i right click everything

league of legends, huehuehuehuehue   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #4202
    I <3 Olivia Wilde
    December 2005
    851 Posts
    Wow I lost to a low diamond Terran. What the hell just happened?
    Can someone analyze what I did wrong? Thanks.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74338723/I%20suck.SC2Replay

Edited:

I'm the Zerg.

First off you are afk for 15 seconds at the start also you commited too much to getting mutalisks even though you knew he was going thor/mech , maxing out on roaches instead would probably have won you the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #4203
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    First off you are afk for 15 seconds at the start also you commited too much to getting mutalisks even though you knew he was going thor/mech , maxing out on roaches instead would probably have won you the game
    Being "afk" for 15 seconds at the start won't lose you a game unless you're in grandmasters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4204
    If this a joke, not funny. If it's not a joke, Gmod is ruined. It was fun because it was free, I will never pay $10 for a sandbox game. No matter what new stuff you put in there.
    January 2005
    25,943 Posts
    Not true! Yesterday I played a 2v1 against two friends and squished them

That was fun
    i was joking obviously but yeah fucking about with less skilled players is a lot of fun

being on the receiving end of that isn't that much fun i assume, but you'll have to ask kondor to answer that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #4205
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,972 Posts
    no if you understood the game you wouldn't be in plat
    simple as that

and yes 2v2 sounds good
    understanding without mechanical ability is gold. No understanding but at least somemechanics is gold as well. Because let's be honest. Understanding has usually been secondary at best in sc.

Edited:

no if you understood the game you wouldn't be in plat
    simple as that

and yes 2v2 sounds good
    understanding without mechanical ability is gold. No understanding but at least somemechanics is gold as well. Because let's be honest. Understanding has usually been secondary at best in sc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #4206
    If this a joke, not funny. If it's not a joke, Gmod is ruined. It was fun because it was free, I will never pay $10 for a sandbox game. No matter what new stuff you put in there.
    January 2005
    25,943 Posts
    Depends on your definition of understanding but if you define it like you just did then yes I agree with what you said.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

7. Post #4207
    September 2009
    2,277 Posts
    naniwa vs mvp.
    dis gon b gewd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

8. Post #4208
    June 2010
    589 Posts
    Yeah, that was the first match of the day, and sometimes it lags like hell at the start of a game.

Ah I see, thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

9. Post #4209
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    Man I really want a black flat brim hat with the zerg insignia on the front. That would make me the insta coolest kid ever. Zerg 4 lyfe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #4210
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,972 Posts
    Depends on your definition of understanding but if you define it like you just did then yes I agree with what you said.
    Sort of knowing builds. Ability to devise new builds, knowing what counters what, understanding the metagame at least somehow.

All that knowledge is good. But in starcraft understanding can mean utterly zero, because a player with amazing mechanics can defeat one with a better composition and tactics purely by those mechancis.

It's less true for Sc2 (though still is to a large extent) but it's absolutely true for BW and Sc1.

To be highly functional in sc2 you basically need the same understanding as a pro quake 3 player needs of their game. Know timings, know the map and know what the opponent can do.
    But most of your functionality comes from your mechanical ability. (in sc this is further seperated into macro, micro, but both are essentially mechanical skills)

This in contrast to a game like chess where mechanics play less of a role.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4211
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    I generally don't post memes, but this one is hilarious.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

12. Post #4212
    June 2010
    589 Posts
    I get the lurker - post joke, but I never played SC1 - Don't know what vessels are.

13. Post #4213
    October 2011
    2,137 Posts
    I get the lurker - post joke, but I never played SC1 - Don't know what vessels are.
    They're annoying sc1 terran units that float around and players make their vessels into poison ships. It kills all burrowed units with poison.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #4214
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Science_vessel
    I thought they were cool back in the day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #4215
    August 2005
    3,017 Posts
    I hope we get more units similar to the Science Vessel they were just so fun to use, I am still kicking myself for not getting into Starcraft earlier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #4216
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    The lurker is somewhat like getting the defiler again except not as good and flies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

17. Post #4217
    August 2005
    3,017 Posts
    The lurker is somewhat like getting the defiler again except not as good and flies
    Yeah, and the Dragoon is somewhat like getting the Stalker again except not as good and blinks.

Reversing things so they don't make sense is fun.

18. Post #4218
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    Units are way too good in brood war I think the new units in SC2 being similar was intentional

19. Post #4219
    units are OP

nerf units
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #4220
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    I wish that was a joke

21. Post #4221
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    units are OP

nerf units
    Most units are actually underpowered.

Buff units.

How would you like it if hydras and stalkers could be micro'd like marines?

22. Post #4222
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    we're talking about brood war

23. Post #4223
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    Scouts need a buff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #4224
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,891 Posts
    I'm disappointed at SC2 hydras when you compare them to the broodwar ones
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #4225
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    I'm disappointed at SC2 hydras when you compare them to the broodwar ones
    First game as Zerg I went like, Mass hydra, expecting them to be like the BW ones.. I of course got raped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #4226
    October 2011
    2,137 Posts
    dragoons and goliaths are so stupid. They can't walk straight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #4227
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,972 Posts
    Units are way too good in brood war I think the new units in SC2 being similar was intentional
    I'd say stalkers are a lot more brutal than dragoons if you ask me. Maybe it's the fact that they can actually reach you for a change. And they start off with greater range than marines from the get go. Dragoons can get +2 which gives them the same range as stalkers.

Also don't stalkers technically have greater DPS than dragoons? Just imagine sc2 marines against dragoons.

For anyone that used to play total annihilation - that's like a difference between an AK and peewee.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

28. Post #4228
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    - Ji-hoon 'During his (Flash's) rehabilitation, he got to Masters (in SC2) without even knowing what the new units did'

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

29. Post #4229
    we're talking about brood war
    I think BW units were great. Everything had the potential to do a lot of damage, for either you or them. Makes it ~intense~.

Also every time I play BW I am reminded that holy shit zealots were AMAZING. Jesus christ those things took so much punishment before they died.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #4230
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    I think BW units were great. Everything had the potential to do a lot of damage, for either you or them. Makes it ~intense~.

Also every time I play BW I am reminded that holy shit zealots were AMAZING. Jesus christ those things took so much punishment before they died.
    That's because shields constantly regenerated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

31. Post #4231
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,697 Posts

fucking finally

Beating wumbel was probably the best part. I've played against him multiple times before and he's a piece of shit and we hate each other. It was bo3 and I lost the first game against him. In the 2nd game I was so far behind I thought it was hopeless but I managed to pull through somehow. 3rd game we both went 4gate so I won

hohohoho fuck you wumbel enjoy your loss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

32. Post #4232
    January 2009
    923 Posts
    And i lost in ro1 :((
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

33. Post #4233
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    The Korean streamers play the strangest songs.

ForGG was listening to this.

Never in a million years would I guess that I would find Scatman in kpop.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-dRTm-m6zM

34. Post #4234
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    I really like watching Dragons stream.. I like his play style.. I dunno why.

Edited:

Why do my opponents show as "Favored" one the loading screen.. then I play them and their ranked way below me?

Edited:

I'm Top 8 and a guy who's not even top 50 just showed as favored.. lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #4235
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    992 Posts
    I really like watching Dragons stream.. I like his play style.. I dunno why.

Edited:

Why do my opponents show as "Favored" one the loading screen.. then I play them and their ranked way below me?

Edited:

I'm Top 8 and a guy who's not even top 50 just showed as favored.. lol
    Your MMR and your rank is not the same. MMR = How good you are. Rank = Points on ladder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #4236
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Oh, I didnt realise the favoring thing worked on MMR rather than Rank.. but of course it does..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

37. Post #4237
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,942 Posts
    Never in a million years would I guess that I would find Scatman in kpop.
    It's actually funny because the Scatman was really popular in Japan for a while.

Edited:

Gonna try it tommorow, or maybe on friday because I need to study tommorow. Big thank you
    Did you get it working?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

38. Post #4238
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    Bisu might go terran in SC2.

There is my God, there is no justice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #4239
    February 2011
    1,958 Posts
    Whenever some BW player moves over to SC2 and people talk about them they always go 'HE'S THE BEST HE'S GONNA FUCK EM ALL HE'S AMAZING POTYAY HES UNBEATABLE AT X RACE'

and I'm like 'wasn't it some other guy? Whatever I don't give a fuck anymore'.

They kinda lose character that way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #4240
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    Oh, I didnt realise the favoring thing worked on MMR rather than Rank.. but of course it does..
    Also winning against a favoured opponent puts you up 30 points and puts him down by 30 (it think) so you end up with a 60 point difference after the match which is why after the match he'll be a lower rank than you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)