1. Post #4281
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,782 Posts
    I'm not really feeling it with HotS campaign, doesn't have the same feel Zerg had in SC1/BW campaigns.
    Well the SC2 campaign overall messed up if you ask me. Good writeup on sc legacy on why and what's wrong with it.

http://sclegacy.com/editorials/7-rev...ngs-of-liberty

Pretty much spot on.

Also sadly I'm back to platinum :(. I don't want to actually throw away games to stay in gold though. But I guess the one good feeling should be that I'm roughly better than one half of plat.

Got my 50th win with a Worker Rush vs a 6pool
    Medivac avatar :3

I'd love to get Mira Han's avatar. But 500 random team wins is prettym uch impossible. I'm still roughly 400 wins away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #4282
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    zombojoe, I removed the white background from your avatar:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/zombojoe.png
    Thanks, I didn't see this post earlier.

Its actually a moving png, which is only supported by Opera and Firefox. Essentially its a better GIF but most browsers don't support it.

I just spent an hour making all of it transparent

I got the idea from Kendra's avatar but then I realized I needed to be gold to use one.

I'm taking requests, don't need to be no pixel artist to do these.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #4283
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,782 Posts
    Thanks, I didn't see this post earlier.

Its actually a moving png, which is only supported by Opera and Firefox. Essentially its a better GIF but most browsers don't support it.

I just spent an hour making all of it transparent

I got the idea from Kendra's avatar but then I realized I needed to be gold to use one.

I'm taking requests, don't need to be no pixel artist to do these.
    Don't Starcraft sprites only use a 256 coloru palette anyway? You should be completely fine with using a gif without any quality loss.

I think they use 8-bit indexed colour palletes. Though don't remember that much anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

4. Post #4284
    January 2010
    1,127 Posts
    Is proxy [pylon] short for proximity pylon? Or what. I've always wondered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

5. Post #4285
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #4286
    muna pilu ah ah
    August 2008
    975 Posts
    Is proxy [pylon] short for proximity pylon? Or what. I've always wondered.
    http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Proxy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

7. Post #4287
    August 2008
    1,532 Posts
    Dumped terran, started playing protoss.

Now I'm having fun again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #4288
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    I swap around a little bit. This is the longest I've stayed as one race, 52 wins as Terran.. probably 80 or more games..

Stayed with Zerg for like 30 before switching to Toss for about 15 lol..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

9. Post #4289
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    Probably the best way to stay in bronze
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #4290
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,843 Posts
    I need to play more
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

11. Post #4291
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    I swap around a little bit. This is the longest I've stayed as one race, 52 wins as Terran.. probably 80 or more games.. Stayed with Zerg for like 30 before switching to Toss for about 15 lol..
    Came from BW as a Protoss player and switched to Terran after about 150 games played. The reason was I was getting bored with it and thought Terran looked strong. After about 100 games I realised I was wrong and tried Zerg, my least favourite race in BW.

800 wins later and I'm still not bored with the little fuckers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #4292
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Probably the best way to stay in bronze
    Yeah

Yeah I was the same. Played Toss 80% of the time in BW.. moved to SC2.. played terran for a few weeks.. swapped to toss for a few weeks.. sat on Zerg for a while, then hit random for a bit before swapping back to Zerg

13. Post #4293
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    I played Terran because I thought siege tanks were cool.

They still are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #4294
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Thought I'd try 1v1 an Insane AI...
    Turns out its ridiculous (not going to say impossible, probably some Korean GM out there who could do it)
    It gets a mineral handicap, SEEMS to get an armor or HP handicap or something, and seems to build things faster than you can. (Not APM wise, actual build time)

15. Post #4295
    October 2011
    2,081 Posts
    Turns out its ridiculous (not going to say impossible, probably some Korean GM out there who could do it)
    It gets a mineral handicap, SEEMS to get an armor or HP handicap or something, and seems to build things faster than you can. (Not APM wise, actual build time)
    vs insane is a micro game rather than a macro game.

no matter how hard i try, they have like 5more units than i do in the beginning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #4296
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    More units is simply because it gets a mineral handicap, it macro'd just as well as I did in the 6 minute game I played, but it brought like a thousand minerals more of army

The first mineral trip (6 workers) I bring back 25 minerals, he brings back 42
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #4297
    Playing against insane isn't really even informative since it doesn't actually get smarter, it just cheats, and it still falls for the same tricks as the lower difficulties. (Doesn't move away from a forcefielded ramp, for instance.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #4298
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    I was teaching my brother how to play SC2 by playing against AI but the AI always does stupid all ins like 2gate and 2rax and when they attack they attack together so there is like no way it actually helps you improve
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #4299
    All it's really good for playing around with new builds and straightening out timings and such.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #4300
    If this a joke, not funny. If it's not a joke, Gmod is ruined. It was fun because it was free, I will never pay $10 for a sandbox game. No matter what new stuff you put in there.
    January 2005
    25,646 Posts
    insane ai is ez pz just cannon rush
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #4301
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    I stopped playing for a week because of exams and now I don't even know what I'm doing anymore

22. Post #4302
    If this a joke, not funny. If it's not a joke, Gmod is ruined. It was fun because it was free, I will never pay $10 for a sandbox game. No matter what new stuff you put in there.
    January 2005
    25,646 Posts
    make marines
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #4303
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    oh yeah

24. Post #4304
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,782 Posts
    Insane AI always has more resources than the player. I believe +20% than the human player with the most resources.

Might be confusing it with a different game, but don't think so.

Also once you realise how the AI thinks, it's incredibly easy to beat. Because it automatically reacts to threats with everything it has.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #4305
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    You can also just be a douche and camp your natural with 20 tanks and 2 PFs.

He will keep suiciding until he runs out of resources.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #4306
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Because it automatically reacts to threats with everything it has.
    I noticed that when I was playing against the Hard bot 6 months ago, I sent like one void ray to their base and his army goes from destroying the last scraps of my army, about to gg me, and just pulls back to fight the one void

27. Post #4307
    A Self Condescending Title
    October 2006
    2,205 Posts
    I just found my SC1 CD key. Looks like someone's going to go back in time for a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #4308
    October 2011
    2,081 Posts
    I just found my SC1 CD key. Looks like someone's going to go back in time for a while.
    pfft I connected my sc1 to my battle.net account. Then I used sharpie over the cd key and threw it away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #4309
    I <3 Olivia Wilde
    December 2005
    851 Posts
    I play terran and i fucking hate siege tanks, i play marine marauder medivac pretty much every game and i find that its so much more satisfying than sitting afk for ages waiting for an opportunity to move nudge up a little. its also insanely satisfying beating a mech player by catching him un-sieged :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #4310
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,078 Posts
    That feel when true dong is streaming
    http://www.own3d.tv/live/247778/DongRaeGu
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

31. Post #4311
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    I play terran and i fucking hate siege tanks, i play marine marauder medivac pretty much every game and i find that its so much more satisfying than sitting afk for ages waiting for an opportunity to move nudge up a little. its also insanely satisfying beating a mech player by catching him un-sieged :)
    I've been going MMM with siege tank and little starport support lol.. Cant play Mech.. Idk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #4312
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    "Lings and win" "should cost 100 min"
    no gg

The guy was gold :'( I was using ling infestor so obviously my lings are going to be good, but I pretty much beat him just with lings and macroing my heart out make lings to pressure his natural stopping it mining like 80% of the time while I expanded to 4 bases and just kept pumping lings, infestors came out just as he left

33. Post #4313
    what race
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #4314
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    terran, as if he can complain about spamming one unit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #4315
    August 2005
    2,976 Posts
    If you sit AFK with siege tanks for ages you are playing the game wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #4316
    terran, as if he can complain about spamming one unit
    Uh, yeah. Marines are pretty much orders of magnitude better than either zerglings or zealots. He can shut the fuck up.

37. Post #4317
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    If you sit AFK with siege tanks for ages you are playing the game wrong.
    TvT.

Whoever unsieges first loses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #4318
    August 2005
    2,976 Posts
    TvT.

Whoever unsieges first loses.
    In TvT you are always trying to outmanoeuvre your opponent, even with siege tank battles, if you sit afk with siege tanks you are essentially letting your opponent get into a better position than you are in, allowing him to flank you, or deny your expansions. Whoever unsieges loses doesn't apply unless you run into siege lines aka GSL Code A many months ago

Edited:

Oh and Bio against mech after a certain point is just silly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #4319
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    Uh, yeah. Marines are pretty much orders of magnitude better than either zerglings or zealots. He can shut the fuck up.
    He even did a massive drop and killed all drones in my main and my spawning pool so I couldn't even make lings for a while, and I traded for his natural expo, but I got everything back up and running in like a minute because of my superior now 3 base eco to his now 1 base eco and better macro

40. Post #4320
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    The guy i just beat is in a league called Brood Lord Beta
    not sure if that means anything

He's rank 3, and he has 2 wins.. no one in that group has more than 5 games... odd..