1. Post #5321
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,388 Posts
    I have a question.

Why am I still bronze? I've won maybe 60 games and 10 losses, was ranked number 3.

Was beating bronze players nonstop.

Then the placement match sets me up with a bronze player. Bah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

2. Post #5322
    August 2009
    3,013 Posts
    I have a question.

Why am I still bronze? I've won maybe 60 games and 10 losses, was ranked number 3.

Was beating bronze players nonstop.

Then the placement match sets me up with a bronze player. Bah.
    You're exaggerating a lot, if you have a 6-1 ratio then you'd almost definitely be top of your division and would also almost certainly be promoted. Just keep plugging away and it'll come, trust me :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #5323
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    Context?
    Jaedong, the best zerg in the world, had fucking abysmally bad macro in SC2 when he played in the MLG KeSPA Invitational. Like, silver-level macro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #5324
    August 2009
    3,013 Posts
    I'm officially on NA!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5325
    October 2011
    2,096 Posts
    I'm officially on NA!
    I have 2 NA accounts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #5326
    August 2009
    3,013 Posts
    I have 2 NA accounts
    Haha, oh well. I wanted my own one anyway :)

SmugUK 934 ADD ME MY FRIENDS LIST IS SO EMPTY :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #5327
    September 2009
    2,277 Posts
    I'm officially on NA!
    Enjoy the lag. unless you have an awesome connection
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #5328
    August 2009
    3,013 Posts
    Enjoy the lag. unless you have an awesome connection
    I'm surprised actually, it feels exactly the same as normal :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

9. Post #5329
    March 2012
    800 Posts
    -snip nvm-

10. Post #5330
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,130 Posts
    Haha, oh well. I wanted my own one anyway :)

SmugUK 934 ADD ME MY FRIENDS LIST IS SO EMPTY :(
    Added you, anybody who wants to add me go right away.
    Matteox 554

11. Post #5331
    December 2009
    3,737 Posts
    There is just a tiny quality difference:

I could run sc2 if all the models were of the second images quality.

If any of you were wondering it is not the super high polygon and super high resolution battlecruiser you see in the background of the menu.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #5332
    If this a joke, not funny. If it's not a joke, Gmod is ruined. It was fun because it was free, I will never pay $10 for a sandbox game. No matter what new stuff you put in there.
    January 2005
    25,734 Posts
    i don't get it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

13. Post #5333
    December 2009
    3,737 Posts
    i don't get it
    They are getting away with having low quality models on the highest graphics settings because every other strategy game looks like shit in comparison.

The highest graphics settings could have looked like an overview of a cinematic without impact on performance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #5334
    October 2011
    2,096 Posts
    I just noticed HoliestCow is Perm
    will this thread ever get locked?

15. Post #5335
    August 2005
    2,984 Posts
    If it does we can make a better thread anyways. I don't see what him being permabanned has to do with anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #5336
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,880 Posts
    I just noticed HoliestCow is Perm
    will this thread ever get locked?
    Mods usually lock threads when they get long enough, so yes.

17. Post #5337
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,130 Posts
    Top 8 Masters 2v2... proxy Barracks and cannon rush... eZ

and.... my first masters with SmugUK!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

18. Post #5338
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,166 Posts
    There is just a tiny quality difference:

Ugh. Stop reminding me of how SC2 battlecruisers look so... Stupid.

Look at that handsome motherfucker. Why can't they look like that :(

The main problem with SC2 cruisers is their profile is WAYYYY too tall, BCs are long, fairly wide but with a tiny profile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #5339
    If this a joke, not funny. If it's not a joke, Gmod is ruined. It was fun because it was free, I will never pay $10 for a sandbox game. No matter what new stuff you put in there.
    January 2005
    25,734 Posts
    huge 30 minute pvp game, all bases taken equally, maxed out armies with motherships, as tense as it could be leading up to the big battle

opponent forgets to build an observer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 9Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #5340
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,805 Posts
    I remember when mech was common and I ran into it all the time in ladder

I was good at pvt then
    Was generally before the BFH change, which allowed you to actually somewhat deal with zealots. After the change mech became nigh impossible save for one or two builds.

You still have people advocating bio with a splash of mech for zoning but you rarely see that, since it defeats the core advantage of pure bio - mobility.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #5341
    September 2009
    2,277 Posts
    Was generally before the BFH change, which allowed you to actually somewhat deal with zealots. After the change mech became nigh impossible save for one or two builds.

You still have people advocating bio with a splash of mech for zoning but you rarely see that, since it defeats the core advantage of pure bio - mobility.
    I think mech is viable on certain maps. For example on entombed valley, if you bring siege tanks with your MMM and the protoss took a fast third, if you siege just out of sight with the choke between the third and natural in range of the tanks, you can push into the third, and when the protoss comes to defend he takes massive splash damage from the tanks before the battle even starts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

22. Post #5342
    August 2005
    2,984 Posts

I like tanks a lot in the midgame because if the Protoss player goes for fast colossus double starport isn't going to come out quickly enough, but you will be able to make several tanks, which kill Colossi pretty damn fast when target fired. They are also great for zoning(as stated), and making aggressive plays. It doesn't really negate mobility either.

4-5 tanks just helps with a ridiculous amount of situations. And yeah people always make the mistake of thinking that Blue Flame Hellions actually counter Zealots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #5343
    August 2009
    3,013 Posts
    Yeah midgame tanks are awesome on Entombed, you can just prevent them from getting a third forever :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #5344
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    Then he gets 5 Immortals and wrecks you so hard you can't even hope to defend his counter attack since bunkers are terrible against Immortals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #5345
    August 2009
    3,013 Posts
    Then he gets 5 Immortals and wrecks you so hard you can't even hope to defend his counter attack since bunkers are terrible against Immortals.
    I noticed that on NA all protosses seem to just turtle on one or two base and get like 5 immortals or colossus and then push. It's really bad o_o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #5346
    October 2011
    2,096 Posts
    I noticed that on NA all protosses seem to just turtle on one or two base and get like 5 immortals or colossus and then push. It's really bad o_o
    hahaha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #5347
    Stolt Svensk
    June 2008
    9,031 Posts
    My brother's lending me his battle.net account, which means I can play SC2. I'm rubbish at it, I can't even beat the A.I with normal difficulty. I'll probably have to look up some videos and whatnot.

Fun game though, might be buying it later this summer :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

28. Post #5348
    August 2005
    2,984 Posts
    I beat two masters Protoss players in a tournament only to be knocked out by a random diamond player who got Zerg. I just played so badly I don't know what I was thinking...

I knew it would be a bad game when I lifted both command centers instead of my barracks for reactor swapping...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

29. Post #5349

May 2012
    8 Posts
    I have been trying this new build mengsk.

It's called Early queen aggression. you get about 16 queens within 2 minutes of the beginning of the game and then win. Simple build
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

30. Post #5350
    June 2010
    3,622 Posts
    I have been trying this new build mengsk.

It's called Early queen aggression. you get about 16 queens within 2 minutes of the beginning of the game and then win. Simple build
    It's a legitimate strategy.

31. Post #5351
    I <3 Olivia Wilde
    December 2005
    851 Posts
    terran is so fucking stupid >.> i was playing zerg on a bronze account, im at 5 base hes stuck to 3 , all mined out. he turtles for 30 minutes while im maxed out , i cant attack at all because of his siege line and the vikings - like 16 of them.

i should have won that game but i didnt have enough anti air and but no after 1 hour of being on 3 base he wins because he isnt attackable and i didnt have enough gas -_- even on 6 gas i didnt have enough >.>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #5352
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Brood Lords and I suppose Corruptor / Hydra?
    Drops?

Take more bases if he's turtling up that hard?

Thats what I liked about Zerg in bronze lol.. they turtle.. you have like 10 hatch's with queens.. you send 5 waves of max army at them before they get to your door lol

I'm no expert though so eh, maybe wait for advice from Zombo or someone good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

33. Post #5353
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,130 Posts
    terran is so fucking stupid >.> i was playing zerg on a bronze account, im at 5 base hes stuck to 3 , all mined out. he turtles for 30 minutes while im maxed out , i cant attack at all because of his siege line and the vikings - like 16 of them.

i should have won that game but i didnt have enough anti air and but no after 1 hour of being on 3 base he wins because he isnt attackable and i didnt have enough gas -_- even on 6 gas i didnt have enough >.>
    Should have sacked your army and then built max brood lord and corrupter combo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #5354
    I <3 Olivia Wilde
    December 2005
    851 Posts
    yeah i played awful after midgame, my problem is droning:/ i should have had way more gas and minerals than i did
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #5355
    August 2009
    3,013 Posts
    Brood lords with infestors for fungal on vikings, it's pretty fucking good and it's unlikely any bronze player will be able to hold it. Just babysit infestors so they don't suicide into tank fire :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #5356
    I <3 Olivia Wilde
    December 2005
    851 Posts
    i cant wait until HoTS so i can pull tanks closer :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #5357
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,957 Posts
    i cant wait until HoTS so i can pull tanks closer :D
    I can't wait to use my warhounds to kill mut- oh wait nevermind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #5358
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    Can't wait till they make late game playable as Terran.

Oh wait all the new units are mid game units.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

39. Post #5359
    October 2011
    2,096 Posts
    Can't wait till they make late game playable as Terran.

Oh wait all the new units are mid game units.
    yeah, you can't do thor repairs anymore. those vipers will pull thors away from scv.

40. Post #5360
    August 2005
    2,984 Posts
    Blizzard seems to want mech to be more viable and less viable at the same time, I don't understand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)