1. Post #5921
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    273 Posts
    Does anyone have an extra Starcraft 2 Trial key that I could give my friend?
    Do you mean the starter edition? https://us.battle.net/account/downlo...c2&starter=sc2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #5922
    October 2011
    2,165 Posts
    I think he means the 3 day trial.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #5923
    July 2012
    50 Posts
    Yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #5924
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Ive got 2 keys for "7 hours game time or 14 days from activation"
    Check your PM's :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5925
    March 2012
    810 Posts

RIP Brood War :(
    There is still this seasons proleague?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #5926
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,130 Posts
    There is still this seasons proleague?
    This OSL was considered the final dedicated Brood War tournament. All you're going to see is small fish compared to this from here on for BW.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #5927
    June 2010
    589 Posts

I'M BACK BABY.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #5928
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,202 Posts
    I'm honestly so bad at this game. Does anyone have any advice for getting better? I understand it takes time, but any advice would be great. I'm in bronze league and it's shameful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

9. Post #5929
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,289 Posts
    I always fall behind because of the fucking ping...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events

10. Post #5930
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,168 Posts
    I'm honestly so bad at this game. Does anyone have any advice for getting better? I understand it takes time, but any advice would be great. I'm in bronze league and it's shameful.
    At your level, the key thing is getting better at macro. That is, constantly producing workers, spending all your money, not get supply blocked, etc. Do that and you'll get to Platinum/Diamond league no problem.

There's a really useful video series by a guy called FilterSC, where he takes you from Bronze to Masters league by teaching fundamentals. It starts off nice and simple, and each lesson gives you benchmarks to hit before moving on to the next video. I strongly recommend you watch them. However, they are Terran focused, and I don't know what race you play.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #5931
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    TvT and ZvZ are both dead to me.
    So predictable and boring at my level..I know most people hate PvP because its a coin flip or whatever but honestly its the most interesting mirror I play

Edited:

unrelated my MMR seems to be on the mend I'm ranked mid bronze and getting matched verse top 8 silvers..

Edited:

Told a guy I was going to DT rush... threw down a pylon in his base for whatever reason.. he just leaves.. :S

Edited:

nah I take what I said about PvP. Its just as predictable as the other 2.
    4gate fail into Stargate or robo into "when behind dark shrine"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

12. Post #5932
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    If I have another fucking ZvZ with speedling roach into 2base muta I'm going to uninstall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #5933
    March 2012
    810 Posts
    -snip read it wrong-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #5934
    August 2009
    3,013 Posts
    Going to Barcelona for 2 weeks, my nerd-on will be lost :( Farewell!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

15. Post #5935
    March 2012
    810 Posts
    Going to Barcelona for 2 weeks, my nerd-on will be lost :( Farewell!
    Have fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

16. Post #5936
    June 2010
    589 Posts
    Wow, rank 1 masters is 350 points ahead of me, rank 2 masters.
    I'LL NEVER GET RANK 1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #5937
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,079 Posts
    Unleash your inner passion.

18. Post #5938
    March 2012
    810 Posts
    I am streaming!: www.twitch.tv/sirsoapyy

Come on by<3 Although a fair warning: I feel kinda sick tonight so I might be inconsistent with my play. sorry :\

edit:
    I cant seem to focus today so I am just going to play raondom on my smurf, so I understand if this pulls you away from watching the stream
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #5939
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    Playing Zerg in Broodwar increased my awareness substantially. Now I can deal with more than 1 army at a time and have learned to fear the Reaver.

Its so ridiculously important to have a good angle of attack. Its crazy, just couple AOE units can rape your entire army if you didn't position it correctly. If you do manage to attack in a good position you just own face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

20. Post #5940
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Got a text from a friend saying to meet him in 5 minutes, just as I got into a game.
    6pooled... as he tried a cannon rush. I of course won
    Sometimes things just work out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #5941
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,079 Posts
    Stephano shall be streaming soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #5942
    August 2005
    3,054 Posts
    So any tips on how to get out of a massive slump, I am tilting really really hard right now, after facing low Masters players and finally feeling really good about my play I am suddenly losing to Platinum players (I lost to a guy who dropped thors in my base...)

Out of 24 games I have won 8.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

23. Post #5943
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,130 Posts
    Just played a game against Terran bio and won, I love ling bling ultra, such a good combo for people who don't split.

TIP for those who need practice / have ladder anxiety: You can join private games of official maps and get an immediate 1v1 partner. Just click "Custom games" and then in the dropdown choose "Open Games" and look at the 1v1 maps that have open lobbies. Gives you the chance to try new builds, face better/worse players, and just improve in general without hurting your league ranking. igamiwarr I feel like you should do a few of those games just to get back into the groove of things without letting your slump take you down.

24. Post #5944
    August 2005
    3,054 Posts
    Just played a game against Terran bio and won, I love ling bling ultra, such a good combo for people who don't split.

TIP for those who need practice / have ladder anxiety: You can join private games of official maps and get an immediate 1v1 partner. Just click "Custom games" and then in the dropdown choose "Open Games" and look at the 1v1 maps that have open lobbies. Gives you the chance to try new builds, face better/worse players, and just improve in general without hurting your league ranking. igamiwarr I feel like you should do a few of those games just to get back into the groove of things without letting your slump take you down.
    I will just keep pressing the ladder button, I don't get anxiety, I don't feel afraid of laddering anymore, I just went on tilt. I am positive that it will get better if I keep playing and don't let my attitude turn to shit.

Besides if I wanted completely carefree games I would just play on my smurf account.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

25. Post #5945
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    Or tank your 1v1 ranking and then start practicing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #5946
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Uninstalling. I'll keep an eye on this thread because its got a nice little community to it.
    But just not enjoying it anymore lol. either lose and rage at myself, as is my personality, or win and rage at them for being stupid... going back to FPS for a bit I suppose
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

27. Post #5947
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    You can always just play team games or FFA.

28. Post #5948
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Yeah i've played team in the past. Dont mind 3v3's
    I tried to get an FFA online a few times and after waiting for 10 or so minute I just gave up on it :V

29. Post #5949
    Gold Member

March 2005
    4,418 Posts
    You can always just play team games or FFA.
    Yeah I play team games to relax a bit but generally they're just a total joke. SC2 just doesn't work in team games really. I guess if you had 2 actual dedicated teams but if you're playing 3v3 with mixed teams then it just gets stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #5950
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    Well I just make a ton of marines or generally do silly builds, I never play serious in team games.

Mostly its unbalanced as fuck due to the maps, a lot of them are still from the beta because Blizzard doesn't care.

31. Post #5951
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    tbh I've never been skilled enough to even consider maps.. Do they make that big of a difference in higher play?

Really the only map I've ever had any issue with is Entombed Valley because the rocks to the third shit me when playing Zerg, and its just a big derp map. I dunno

I generally enjoy Daybreak games though..

32. Post #5952
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    Maps are what really determine balance in this game, Blizzard doesn't understand that so they keep doing balance patches that try to balance the wrong things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #5953
    August 2012
    7 Posts
    Can anyone tell me how to post a replay? igamiwarr wanted me to post a few to explain why I am so bad against infestor brood lord, but I have no idea how to do so.

Edited:

No, he means the free version you get indefinitely where you can play, I think, 5 1v1 and 2v2 custom maps, only as Terran, and Starjeweled. I had it for a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #5954
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    13,063 Posts
    Well I just make a ton of marines or generally do silly builds, I never play serious in team games.

Mostly its unbalanced as fuck due to the maps, a lot of them are still from the beta because Blizzard doesn't care.
    Eh a team game. Generally speaking balance for thatn ever exists. They don't have to care much about those maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

35. Post #5955
    October 2011
    2,165 Posts

No, he means the free version you get indefinitely where you can play, I think, 5 1v1 and 2v2 custom maps, only as Terran, and Starjeweled. I had it for a while.
    Are you stupid? The guy that made the question agreed to my post.

Also use http://drop.sc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

36. Post #5956
    March 2012
    810 Posts
    So any tips on how to get out of a massive slump, I am tilting really really hard right now, after facing low Masters players and finally feeling really good about my play I am suddenly losing to Platinum players (I lost to a guy who dropped thors in my base...)

Out of 24 games I have won 8.
    I would honestly just do what you told me, Just play the ladder game one at a time, you dont have to rush it, or if you want too just take a 1-2 day break and during that just watch videos that inspire you to ladder. aka, Daily 100 or cool montages.. etc

37. Post #5957
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    993 Posts
    Are you stupid? The guy that made the question agreed to my post.

Also use http://drop.sc
    No need to call someone stupid. I agree though, he also asked for a pass, the free version doesn't require that, and besides the trial lets you use much more content than the free version.

My are already used, gave both to friends at a lan party so we could play together. It was pretty funny, we were so bad. During the first ffa we played, one of the free trial guys didn't know he could make more SCVs, I was still in silver so I naturally sucked and the only guy who actually could play (former decent BW player) just made a 200/200 army of voidrays on 2 base and won.

Then we decided we could play some ladder 4v4s, and did the only well-established build we all could at the time. 6pool. It went surprisingly bad, we lost most games. It was still fun though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

38. Post #5958
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,942 Posts
    xContagion: sweet hax to ;)
    xContagion has reconnected.
    You: hacks?
    what
    xContagion: u never made an obs
    You: yes I did
    you even shot like two of mine down
    check the replay bro
    The player is ignoring you.
    Man, I even had an observer floating over his army at one point, and when he got an observer he instantly killed it.

Then again, he also went blink stalker rush and didn't think to get an observer into my base before he attacked. He also didn't focus my only immortal when I was down like ~20 supply in his first attack.

39. Post #5959
    I <3 Olivia Wilde
    December 2005
    851 Posts
    why do all protoss resort to cheese against me? i went for a stim timing attack at around 70 supply, obviously when i attack i get a few kills and oh look a colossus, so i get ready to fight colossus and macro my way up to 4 base get ghosts blablabla, snipe 6 high templar from his army and oh look dark templars that cleave 3 -3 marines and then turn into archons when u scan -_-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #5960
    March 2012
    810 Posts
    why do all protoss resort to cheese against me? i went for a stim timing attack at around 70 supply, obviously when i attack i get a few kills and oh look a colossus, so i get ready to fight colossus and macro my way up to 4 base get ghosts blablabla, snipe 6 high templar from his army and oh look dark templars that cleave 3 -3 marines and then turn into archons when u scan -_-
    I personally don't see anything wrong with someone trying a gimmick in a late game position, if has has to economy why not. I think MORE people need to do that, and it just gets worse as you rank up. I have lost a game because I won the finale battle but he just warped in 12 DT's and sent them to all my bases.