1. Post #1081
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    982 Posts
    He apologised to me a few hours after the incident

I did that once too. Lost a match to DTs and got so angry (mostly at myself for not going lair, but in the heat of the moment you rarely realize that). Usually I never bm, but I was really frustrated and was on a losing streak. After I left I looked at the results, took a deep breath and messaged him back apologizing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #1082
    Gold Member

March 2005
    4,318 Posts
    He apologised to me a few hours after the incident

That's actually pretty surprising. It's not an easy thing to apologise after that I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1083
    A Self Condescending Title
    October 2006
    2,205 Posts
    I'm getting much better at this game, I think my skill was at low silver for the first few days, but taking the time to focus on my mechanics has really helped a lot. I still let my minerals get really high, and I can't quite scout well enough yet, but I am damn fast. Inaccurate, unplanned, yet fast. I have a basic build order, I'm learning basic tactics to defend multiple expansions, I'm training my fingers to do what I want them to. My eyes are the worst thing aside from my train of thought. I just can't get into the habit of looking at the minimap and my money / supply. If I could do that and figure out how to spend it, then I would be in diamond. My micro is alright, I don't really focus on it aside from when I think I need to make my units live as long as possible. My motivation is getting into platinum by the end of the season, even if it doesn't happen I'll be content with know that I have improved more in one week than I have in months of me just trying to win. I treat every loss as its own victory, as simple as it sounds, and as often as the pros say it, it's extremely difficult to get into that mentality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #1084
    August 2005
    2,984 Posts
    I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I think that I am going to start playing in small tournaments more instead of laddering(still will ladder a bit). The map pools are competitive and much better than the current ladder map pool, and you get to face people who are better than yourself, which I think is important to becoming a better player. Plus you get the chance to win a small sum of money! (That and it just feels good to win a tournament)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #1085
    October 2006
    2,205 Posts
    Ooh, count me in. I want to participate in a bigger tournament one day, just for fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #1086
    August 2005
    2,984 Posts
    I'm getting much better at this game, I think my skill was at low silver for the first few days, but taking the time to focus on my mechanics has really helped a lot. I still let my minerals get really high, and I can't quite scout well enough yet, but I am damn fast. Inaccurate, unplanned, yet fast. I have a basic build order, I'm learning basic tactics to defend multiple expansions, I'm training my fingers to do what I want them to. My eyes are the worst thing aside from my train of thought. I just can't get into the habit of looking at the minimap and my money / supply. If I could do that and figure out how to spend it, then I would be in diamond. My micro is alright, I don't really focus on it aside from when I think I need to make my units live as long as possible. My motivation is getting into platinum by the end of the season, even if it doesn't happen I'll be content with know that I have improved more in one week than I have in months of me just trying to win. I treat every loss as its own win, as simple as it sounds, and as often as the pros say it, it's actually really hard to get into that mentality. Especially when people are on tilt.
    Yeah it is really hard to get into the mentality that you need to lose in order to win, but it is an important mentality to fall into, as it can apply to just about any competitive sport or game, and is especially important when improving in Starcraft. Good for you! Another aspect of improvement is setting a goal for yourself, which you are doing. Just focus on important macro aspects and I am sure that you will improve at a quick rate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

7. Post #1087
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    I think I've made about $95 from tournament winnings.

Its a different experience and its way more stressful than ladder. Be prepared to get cheesed and allin'd a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

8. Post #1088
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    TIL Cherrycoke(Villa on FP) is a very good guitarist and songwriter. :o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1089
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,942 Posts
    I just got to 24 bronze in my division. Hopefully I can get to silver before the season ends. How do you join the FP ladder in the op?

10. Post #1090
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    I just got to 24 bronze in my division. Hopefully I can get to silver before the season ends. How do you join the FP ladder in the op?
    Go to battle.net and log in.
    Click 'Visit StarCraft II'
    In the top right you should see your in-game profile name; click it and click profile
    Copy paste URL
    Go here: http://sc2ranks.com/c/4662
    Click 'Manage characters'
    Put your URL in the box and click Submit
    ???
    Profit!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #1091
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    Yeah he showed me this yesterday.

Pretty damn good.

If you are going to play tournaments, make sure you have a ton of time, especially for the ones that are retardedly long. I basically got $25 for free because almost everyone but the admins had abandoned the tournament because it took almost 3 months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

12. Post #1092
    October 2006
    2,205 Posts
    What would be the best way to enter a tournament? Is it a site like z33k.com, or what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1093
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    z33k is a good start.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1094
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,957 Posts
    I should just start going protoss I'm not getting anywhere as terran.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #1095
    October 2006
    2,205 Posts
    In my opinion, Terran is easy to learn but the hardest to execute. The thing reason being is that they're so versatile but being able to get the most out of them take so much work and time. I prefer Protoss, just because I was always Protoss ever since Brood War (I never really played it much). I like Zerg, but it just feels so messy to use them for me, I just don't want to manage creep and injects. With Protoss it's easy to learn and easy to execute but it's really hard to get an advantage early game, and you have to use a spell caster just to be able to defend yourself early game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #1096
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    982 Posts
    I hate protoss deathballs. They seem indestructible. My standard strat against them is to baserace and hope for the best, I just can't engage them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1097
    August 2005
    2,984 Posts
    What would be the best way to enter a tournament? Is it a site like z33k.com, or what?
    Playhem is also a site that you should consider using, either way there are daily tournaments on both.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1098
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,493 Posts
    I'm scared. My friend wants to duel me in sc2 and he said he played 20 practice games and only lost 3.

19. Post #1099
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    do it and let him win
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #1100
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    I'm scared. My friend wants to duel me in sc2 and he said he played 20 practice games and only lost 3.
    20 practice league games or 20 games to practice against you? There's a huge difference there. If it's practice league, basically any normal build will destroy him, since he's used to having rocks to defend him until he's ready.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

21. Post #1101
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,460 Posts
    Ah, nothing feels better than winning and having the other guy say "Fuck zerg op".

22. Post #1102
    April 2009
    8,493 Posts
    20 practice league games or 20 games to practice against you? There's a huge difference there. If it's practice league, basically any normal build will destroy him, since he's used to having rocks to defend him until he's ready.
    I think it was practice league games. He just made marines so all I had to do was just harass with drops and turtle with siege tanks. He ran out of money pretty fast since I had 3 more expos and I just destroyed his main.

Edited:

And that was after not playing for half a year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #1103
    August 2005
    2,984 Posts
    I think it was practice league games. He just made marines so all I had to do was just harass with drops and turtle with siege tanks. He ran out of money pretty fast since I had 3 more expos and I just destroyed his main.

Edited:

And that was after not playing for half a year.
    You should have told your friend that Practice league is shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #1104
    April 2009
    8,493 Posts
    You should have told your friend that Practice league is shit.
    Shh, don't tell him that. Then he might actually learn good strategys.

Edited:

FB messaged me his plan

this was my plan
    i used 5 marines as a decoy
    and then i sent my entire army with stim packs to attack
    but my accidently used stim on my decoys
    so they ran too fast and had less health
    they were suppose to tanks your tanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1105
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,460 Posts
    Marines are great tanks, what with their 45 hp and tank's attack of 35.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

26. Post #1106
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    yea

Edited:

i use marine to draw tank fire all the time for my mutas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #1107
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    Does anyone here play Squadron Tower Defense on EU? vv Can be boring with random teammates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

28. Post #1108
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,697 Posts
    pvp is stupid

fuck pvp

that's all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #1109
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    pvp is stupid

fuck pvp

that's all
    All mirror match ups are stupid IMO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1110
    April 2009
    8,493 Posts
    Marines are great tanks, what with their 45 hp and tank's attack of 35.
    Hey man, with 3-3 upgrades and combat shields, they're probably the best tanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1111
    NO MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING
    March 2009
    3,192 Posts
    Harbingers map 3 time lapse.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #1112
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    why im i still bronze ughghghhhh

i'm favoured in most of these games including against silvers

Edited:

A gold and a silver both ragequitted in a row after the loading screen when they saw I was favoured

Edited:

ffs i hate hotkeys, i scouted out an all in marauder marine push so i built ling/bling/roach army and massed blings for the attack, then exploded them accidentally instead of unburrowing, the guy was silver as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #1113
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    A gold and a silver both ragequitted in a row after the loading screen when they saw I was favoured
    Are you sure they didn't crash?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #1114
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    No how would I know that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #1115
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,333 Posts
    Holy shit I got placed in diamond 1v1. Now I'm scared to play games in fear of getting brutally raped in the anus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #1116
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    You can pull off complete bullshit and win in diamond. Likewise in masters. I wouldn't worry about it, only the high diamonds are actually competent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #1117
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    Holy shit I got placed in diamond 1v1. Now I'm scared to play games in fear of getting brutally raped in the anus.
    The only way you can get to another league is by winning 3 out of 5 games against diamond players on average so probably not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #1118
    June 2010
    589 Posts

What.

39. Post #1119
    June 2010
    589 Posts
    So apparently if you have a chance to win and gain loads of points, and lose and only lose 4-5 points, the correct thing to do is just give up and leave.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

40. Post #1120
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    309 Posts

i'm favoured in most of these games including against silvers

Edited:

Edited:

ffs i hate hotkeys, i scouted out an all in marauder marine push so i built ling/bling/roach army and massed blings for the attack, then exploded them accidentally instead of unburrowing, the guy was silver as well
    If the system is still the same as it was a year ago, you won't get ranked up until you start losing. So if you're facing mostly golds and then start to lose you can get ranked up straight to gold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events