1. Post #1681
    August 2008
    1,143 Posts
    I hate all mirror matchups, but I hate ZvZ the most, it's so annoying to play, it's always a cheesefest, or people do these rushes.
    late game zvz with infestors is worse
    If I think i can kill them early game I'll go for it, or kill them with mass roaches or something before infestors.
    And forget playing mutas vs mutas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1682
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    And forget playing mutas vs mutas.
    Usually if my enemy goes mutas, I've already won, because I make plenty of Infestors, and I'm good at my fungal timings and burrow micro.

Edited:

But yeah, lategame ZvZ is so awful, because it comes down to who can land their fungals first/who has the better/more roaches.

3. Post #1683
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    Why am I too much of a bitch to try 1v1 with Zerg/any race for that matter?
    I still have all 5 of my placement matches this season.

Also when I first got the game (been long time since that) I went Zerg because they were cool n stuff and I remember reading about how awesome banelings were as offensive units. I had no idea when I first played they were little terrorists and thought they did awesome melee damage. I rage quit right after I sent them at destructible rocks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

4. Post #1684
    A Self Condescending Title
    October 2006
    2,205 Posts
    I don't think I should play when I'm sick. I can't pay attention and the medicine I took only made it worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

5. Post #1685
    Pheonix is the only thing in starcraft that I'm good at microing with
    It's basically the only thing that can be micro'd for protoss.

Normal game: 50 apm. Went phoenixes: 150 APM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

6. Post #1686
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    Pheonix is the only thing in starcraft that I'm good at microing with
    Phoenix is just a great unit to fuck with workers and make them deploy anti air at their mineral lines when you plan to just walk up in the front door anyway, making them waste minerals/gas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #1687
    August 2005
    2,981 Posts
    Phoenix is just a great unit to fuck with workers and make them deploy anti air at their mineral lines when you plan to just walk up in the front door anyway, making them waste minerals/gas
    Warp prisms have the same effect, except they are essentially free.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #1688
    August 2008
    1,952 Posts
    I usually use lots of phoenix.

Except against Terran, where I make 3, hallucinate a lot and build collossi instead. This usually doesn't work though.

9. Post #1689
    August 2008
    1,532 Posts
    Season 6 started out ridiculously good for me, I've won all my matches so far, I've even won all my TvZ where I was horrible before. Maybe I'll get to silver someday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

10. Post #1690
    June 2010
    589 Posts
    My nazi parents have epic timing in Season 6 (I'm never allowed to play Starcraft 2)
    I lose 4 games in a row (over the course of a week)
    1 - Dad comes up as soon as I find an opponent in matchmaking. I have to alt-tab out.
    2 - Dad comes up as soon as my Nydus explodes in an enemy Protoss' base, who has nothing to fend. I have to alt-tab out before I can even click to send my units out of my nydus.
    3 - Mom needs me to help her with trash (will only take 6 minutes) in the middle of a game, I pause, the guy unpauses and attacks.
    4 - I ten pool. The Protoss didn't wall for some reason. He's slightly favored. I will finally get a win, since I'm ten pooling and he didn't wall. My dad comes up, and he obviously unpauses because I'm all-inning and he's going to lose.

Goddamn nazi parents. My record right now is 1 win 5 loss for Season 6.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #1691
    January 2011
    302 Posts
    My nazi parents have epic timing in Season 6 (I'm never allowed to play Starcraft 2)
    1 - Dad comes up as soon as I find an opponent in matchmaking. I have to alt-tab out.
    2 - Dad comes up as soon as my Nydus explodes in an enemy Protoss' base, who has nothing to fend. I have to alt-tab out before I can even click to send my units out of my nydus.
    3 - Mom needs me to help her with trash (will only take 6 minutes) in the middle of a game, I pause, the guy unpauses and attacks.
    4 - I ten pool. The Protoss didn't wall for some reason. He's slightly favored. I will finally get a win, since I'm ten pooling and he didn't wall. My dad comes up, and he obviously unpauses because I'm all-inning and he's going to lose.

wat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #1692
    V
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,257 Posts
    I've tried to get into this game, but I'm just too bad at RTS games. :(

13. Post #1693
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts

Just pause the game any decent player will keep it paused for like 5 minutes tops

Edited:

I've tried to get into this game, but I'm just too bad at RTS games. :(
    I sucked and never won a match for literally a week, 2 weeks later I am high silver, never played an RTS competitively in my life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #1694
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    Just pause the game any decent player will keep it paused for like 5 minutes tops
    I've never seen anyone actually use the pause feature properly, outside of my friends when we're in person.

15. Post #1695
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    Let's not start this pause feature argument again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #1696
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    ya there should be like a time limit on when you can unpause after pausing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #1697
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    stop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #1698
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    Yeah, I think we got enough debate out of that topic for a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1699
    January 2009
    923 Posts
    Woo just beat a meching terran with only bio. That feel when you're surrounding his unsieged tanks with a bio ball as he's trying to siege up :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #1700
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    the feeling of playing zerg and your entire damn army is bio
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1701
    September 2009
    2,277 Posts
    So FP, i lost this match against a plat zerg (i'm a gold terran), and outside of not being a fucking idiot at macroing ( i'm usually better than that), how can i thwart this constant ridiculous amount of lings into mass infestor BL?
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zfeg4k9m26wf392
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

22. Post #1702
    July 2010
    1,750 Posts
    The co-sponsor or Starcraft Club uses a "cheat pad" when playing sc2

It recorded the micros for him... When the game starts, he presses B1 and all the workers get spread out and start mining.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

23. Post #1703
    January 2009
    923 Posts
    the feeling of playing zerg and your entire damn army is bio
    i play tarren
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events

24. Post #1704
    July 2010
    1,750 Posts
    i play tarren

Terran OP.
    I'm not even joking. Even though most players i verse doesn't go tech, Terran OP.
    Terran's Tech build is fucking hard to beat.

25. Post #1705
    January 2009
    923 Posts
    I'm not even joking. Even though most players i verse doesn't go tech, Terran OP.
    Terran's Tech build is fucking hard to beat.
    What league are you

26. Post #1706
    July 2010
    1,750 Posts
    What league are you
    silver league

27. Post #1707
    January 2009
    923 Posts
    Baneling bust, roach bust, 4gate, 6gate, collosus rush, banshee rush, 2rax or mass marines. (I have no idea what race you play.) When you meet a teching terran you can exploit this by either expanding, teching or attacking because when he is teching he is weak and he wont be able to attack for a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1708
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    ling/bling/muta is a pretty easy and effective build to pull off against terran which counters a lot of air, mech and bio builds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #1709
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    What's a good ZvZ opener?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

30. Post #1710
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    15 hatch if he isnt cheesing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1711
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    "15 hatch" isn't really a build...

Does anyone know a more detailed build?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #1712
    NO MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING
    March 2009
    3,188 Posts
    Posting to boost our post count? Anyway you dont even play zerg I think, because that build you posted is wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #1713
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    "15 hatch" isn't really a build...

Does anyone know a more detailed build?

wow you rate me dumb for trying to help? you're so thankful

Edited:

Posting to boost our post count? Anyway you dont even play zerg I think, because that build you posted is wrong.
    You're an idiot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #1714
    NO MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING
    March 2009
    3,188 Posts

Edited:

You're an idiot.
    Well you got me, I am an idiot. I post about SCII and Strats and what to do when I dont even play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

35. Post #1715
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    Hatch first on 15? Doesn't sound very good v. zerg vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

36. Post #1716
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    982 Posts
    Depends on the map. My opener is usually speedling expand +banes or 7-roach rush into expand. Then I'll see if it's best to go mutas or roach.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

37. Post #1717
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    wow really a build that isn't optimal against every single race
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #1718
    January 2009
    923 Posts
    14 gas 14 pool is pretty good in all matchups in the lower leagues.

39. Post #1719
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    982 Posts
    wow really a build that isn't optimal against every single race
    Isn't optimal? Please elaborate. I usually go it against terran and protoss, and need to know if I'm doing anything wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

40. Post #1720
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    You've obviously never tried it then.

Edited:

Assuming you're intelligent enough to hold off early rushes with defensive banelings 15 hatch is a very valid opening vZ.

Edited:

Well you got me, I am an idiot. I post about SCII and Strats and what to do when I dont even play.
    o shit i forgot strategies change over time with no balance changes or anything rofl thx 4 tellin me bro0!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)