1. Post #121

December 2011
    133 Posts
    Oh lawl well I may need a reminder for which ones xD
    No problem xD
    06 Eggman, Generations Sonic, Shadow & Silver, if possible.
    I want them all in the same view of the Eggman06 pic you last posted here.
    Here's the samples:
    SonicUnlEVRender (With the arms down and the eyes open xD)
    Eggman06Untextured (With the proper textures, if possible xD)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

2. Post #122
    October 2010
    1,548 Posts
    That shouldn't be a problem I already have the generations models I have textured
    You'll have to deal with the arms being up though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #123

December 2011
    133 Posts
    That shouldn't be a problem I already have the generations models I have textured
    You'll have to deal with the arms being up though
    You really can't work it out somehow?
    That's too bad... T-T

4. Post #124
    August 2008
    41 Posts
    "Oh my god, its captain golden nipples!"
    On topic, I can't wait until that Eggman makes it to garrysmod, out of all the Eggman models, I found that that Eggman would be the best to make parodies with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #125
    October 2010
    1,548 Posts
    You really can't work it out somehow?
    That's too bad... T-T
    Nah it's because they're up by default and I really don't want to tweak that in case I get to rigging it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

6. Post #126

December 2011
    133 Posts
    Nah it's because they're up by default and I really don't want to tweak that in case I get to rigging it.
    Well, it could be worse.
    Then I'll keep waiting for the pics when they're ready.
    Thanks in advance for the help ^^

7. Post #127
    June 2011
    172 Posts
    I'm surprised nobody requested this yet. Can somebody port the Wisps and Sonic's Wisp transformations from Sonic Colors?

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,855 Posts
    I'm surprised nobody requested this yet. Can somebody port the Wisps and Sonic's Wisp transformations from Sonic Colors?
    i'm working on that and the Nega-Wisp armor now.
    have a preview image of the nega-armor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

9. Post #129
    June 2011
    172 Posts
    i'm working on that and the Nega-Wisp armor now.
    have a preview image of the nega-armor
    Sweet! Can't wait to see the final results.

10. Post #130
    April 2011
    197 Posts
    My brain just imploded after this thing's awesomeness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,855 Posts
    although i'm running into some bone limits, so i'm thinking of either lowering the bone count, or i could break the model into 4 pieces and use attachments. any thoughts?

EDIT: scratch that, re-analyzed and it's just under the bone limit, perfect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,855 Posts

so much progress, need to see it all..

EDIT: gah! double post, sorry :c

anyway, this was taken in tf2. i'm porting the map over aswell. the wisps are giving me a weird lighting effect, but i'll have it fixed soon.
    lighting is temp, i was too stupid to use an env_sun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #133
    May 2011
    29 Posts

THIS is where boredom led me tonight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    Just a progress report:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 11Useful Useful x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    Just a progress report:
    That Modern Eggman looks pretty shiny, just like how an egg is supposed to be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #136

June 2011
    114 Posts
    Just a progress report:
    "What time is it now?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    "What time is it now?"

It's the exact same time when you asked earlier, and it will be the exact same time when you ask later.

There is no time here!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #138
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    11,381 Posts
    Just a progress report:
    Is it just me or does classic's stache look more realistic than modern's?

19. Post #139
    January 2012
    22 Posts

It's the exact same time when you asked earlier, and it will be the exact same time when you ask later.

There is no time here!
    Cool Oh can i just ask are you doing the enemies like time eater, egg dragoon and death egg robot???
    jusk asking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    Cool Oh can i just ask are you doing the enemies like time eater, egg dragoon and death egg robot???
    jusk asking
    Can't do the Time Eater and Egg Dragoon; too many bones. As for the Death Egg Robot, you'll have to wait and see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

21. Post #141

December 2011
    133 Posts
    Can't do the Time Eater and Egg Dragoon; too many bones. As for the Death Egg Robot, you'll have to wait and see.
    But you have to do something to the models' bones before being capable of releasing them or exposing images of them?
    I know almost nothing of models, hence me being confused about that...

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    But you have to do something to the models' bones before being capable of releasing them or exposing images of them?
    I know almost nothing of models, hence me being confused about that...
    Well the Source engine can only handle 127 (I think) bones per ragdoll, and only 32 can have physics applied to them. Here's how many the Egg Dragoon has:

299 bones. I just simply can't get that into source without re-rigging the entire thing and sacrificing a lot of the posability.

23. Post #143

December 2011
    133 Posts
    Well the Source engine can only handle 127 (I think) bones per ragdoll, and only 32 can have physics applied to them. Here's how many the Egg Dragoon has:

299 bones. I just simply can't get that into source without re-rigging the entire thing and sacrificing a lot of the posability.
    Ahh... -_- That sure sucks... Thx for the explanation...

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    And as for the Time Eater, it also has a couple billion bones as well, but it's also particles, the character. So sorry, but no can do for those. Which makes Eggman a very unhappy camper.

I've just got a few more things to do, then I can release the next pack. It's looking like a release tonight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #145
    January 2012
    22 Posts

so tecnically the only way to get a time eater and egg dragoon into gmod is to re do their bones??
    damn oh well at least i know now... thanks

Edited:

And as for the Time Eater, it also has a couple billion bones as well, but it's also particles, the character. So sorry, but no can do for those. Which makes Eggman a very unhappy camper.

I've just got a few more things to do, then I can release the next pack. It's looking like a release tonight.
    WWWWWHHHHAAAAAT BILLONS OF BONES GOSH HOW THE **** COULD SEGA GET EVEN THAT INTO THEIR GAME??
    Well eggman i feel your pain lol

26. Post #146
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    11,381 Posts
    Suddenly I'm amazed at how well Generations ran on my PC. That being said are ANY of them redundant or the type of thing that could be done in faceposer?

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    Suddenly I'm amazed at how well Generations ran on my PC. That being said are ANY of them redundant or the type of thing that could be done in faceposer?
    Because of the scale of the models (huge), faceposer can't work for things that stray too far away from their original position, or else they break. I'd have to have a stupidly high amount of flexes to do so. I'll be submitting their models to the Models resource later, so if someone else wants to give it a try later they can do so. But it's going to be incredibly hard to be able to do so. They're just too complex for GMod and to still be fully posable.

28. Post #148
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,894 Posts
    WWWWWHHHHAAAAAT BILLONS OF BONES GOSH HOW THE **** COULD SEGA GET EVEN THAT INTO THEIR GAME??
    Well eggman i feel your pain lol
    It's an exaggeration. The Time Eater actually has 362 bones (and 80,597 polygons).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

29. Post #149
    February 2010
    121 Posts

cant you decrease the amount of bones on the bosses or somthing?

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    cant you decrease the amount of bones on the bosses or somthing?
    Not without sacrificing a lot of the posability. And I do mean a lot. I may try at a later time, but if someone else wants to give it a go they can be my guest. It's gonna be one heckuva job lowering the bone count from 300 to less than 127, and then you can still only have 32 bones that are able to move.

31. Post #151
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    Jigglebones?

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    Jigglebones?
    Jigglebones can only do so much.

33. Post #153
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    From that could I assume that Perfect Chaos is out of the question as well? I dont know much, but it seems like he'd be particle heavy like Time Eater.

34. Post #154
    October 2010
    1,548 Posts

Alright here's Sonic from Generations With his shoe textures edited and his eyes open. (Shoe texture editing for a game project reason.)

Shadow as well. I slightly edited his arm rings.

So have a spoiler too.

And this is solely the original DDS format textures as ALL of them have an alpha layer that contributes somehow to shading.

Edit: Whoops forgot Silver
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,894 Posts
    From that could I assume that Perfect Chaos is out of the question as well? I dont know much, but it seems like he'd be particle heavy like Time Eater.
    Actually, it's not so much particles as it is texture animations. Regardless, Perfect Chaos itself only has 45 bones. Its arms have 8 bones, or 40 for the really long arms, so it can be ported to GMod without too much flexibility lost (if any).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

36. Post #156
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Actually, it's not so much particles as it is texture animations. Regardless, Perfect Chaos itself only has 45 bones. Its arms have 8 bones, or 40 for the really long arms, so it can be ported to GMod without too much flexibility lost (if any).
    Huh, I would've thought he'd be more difficult.

37. Post #157
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    I remember someone porting the original Sonic Adventure version of it with animated textures, but with the higher detail of the Generations one, I imagine it'd be tougher.

38. Post #158

December 2011
    133 Posts

Alright here's Sonic from Generations With his shoe textures edited and his eyes open. (Shoe texture editing for a game project reason.)

Shadow as well. I slightly edited his arm rings.

So have a spoiler too.

And this is solely the original DDS format textures as ALL of them have an alpha layer that contributes somehow to shading.

Edit: Whoops forgot Silver
    Awesome, they're looking great, thank you very much! And there's yet an extra layer? Will they look even better? xD
    And about Eggman... Why does it look like his shoes are cut off at the bottom? And the goggles? The untextured version seemed to have them...
    Sorry for bothering you much longer...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts
    It can be fairly tricky, but Dr. Eggman is still fun to pose. It'll hopefully be easier when the finished release is made.

"Why is it that being so bad feels so good?"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

40. Post #160
    I love liberals, they make me so fucking hard I just want to cum all over the place while fucking a pony.
    January 2008
    4,497 Posts
    About the Time Eater and Egg Dragoon, aren't they segmented in game? Why not divide them into pieces like how they are used in game?

The Egg Dragoon divided by it's top and bottom, the Time Eater divided by it's arms and body.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)