1. Post #161
    October 2010
    1,547 Posts
    Awesome, they're looking great, thank you very much! And there's yet an extra layer? Will they look even better? xD
    And about Eggman... Why does it look like his shoes are cut off at the bottom? And the goggles? The untextured version seemed to have them...
    Sorry for bothering you much longer...
    lol the other layer is Shadow's 06 model that I based the limiter off of. As for Eggman It's just how you're viewing Eggman His feet just look like that. And the goggles were just slapped onto the model he doesn't have them in the actual game. So I removed them.
    Ironically 06 models are gigantic in comparison to their Generations counterparts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    Here you guys go:

Download page posted:
    Now with 5% more modern!

Special thanks to chroxx, Link, ItsEasyActually, and Kentilan for the model-exporting script.

This version includes the following:
    -Classic Sonic
    -Classic Tails
    -Classic Eggman
    -Modern Eggman
    -Classic Metal Sonic
    -Egg-Robo
    -Death Egg Robot
    -Death Egg
    -Chaos Emeralds (in 4 sizes)
    -Orca
    -Classic Sonic's skateboard
    -Egg-Robo's gun

All of the older models include a texture revamp to more closely match the models from in-game, and they all have fixed fingers for better posability.

Thanks to RTB for helping me set up the fingerposing properly, and helping with many other things, he's a true bro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

3. Post #163

December 2011
    133 Posts
    lol the other layer is Shadow's 06 model that I based the limiter off of. As for Eggman It's just how you're viewing Eggman His feet just look like that. And the goggles were just slapped onto the model he doesn't have them in the actual game. So I removed them.
    Ironically 06 models are gigantic in comparison to their Generations counterparts.
    It'd be too much of a hassle if you could get another pic of him with the goggles back?
    Eggman looked way better with them. It's the last I may ask of you, thanks in advance.

Edited:

He's right, you know.

Unleashed Sonic on the left, Generations Sonic on the right. Best if you open them both up in separate tabs to compare 'em.
    Sorry for asking this so late but couldn't you get another pic like that of the Unleashed model but with the eyes open? And if possible with the arms down...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

4. Post #164
    August 2008
    41 Posts
    Here you guys go:
    After downloading, the classic eggman model seems to have broke, part of his head will stay where it is after spawn, while the other half will move with the model.

Sorry about the size, or if this error is only on my end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

5. Post #165
    Dennab
    January 2010
    3,101 Posts
    After downloading, the classic eggman model seems to have broke, part of his head will stay where it is after spawn, while the other half will move with the model.

Sorry about the size, or if this error is only on my end.
    Now that is what I call a EGG-head!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #166
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,894 Posts
    Well, this is embarassing... That would actually be my fault. Don't ask. Just... don't.

I'll have a hotfix for you guys within half an hour (after I've checked to make sure it works). Hopefully Apoc will re-upload his pack with the fixed model in the morning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

7. Post #167

December 2011
    133 Posts
    Well, this is embarassing... That would actually be my fault. Don't ask. Just... don't.

I'll have a hotfix for you guys within half an hour. Hopefully Apoc will re-upload his pack with the fixed model in the morning.
    Could you please answer my previous post? I'd really like to know if you can help me with that...

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,152 Posts
    The new pack looks awesome (despite that lil problem with Classic Robotnik).
    Though I'm hoping Classic Robotnik has working dynamic shadows in this release, instantly makes models look so much better in pics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #169
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,894 Posts
    Could you please answer my previous post? I'd really like to know if you can help me with that...
    I'll get a good render of Sonic for ya in the morning. It's really freakin' late right now (7:50 AM).

Anyway, getchyer Rrrrrrobotnik hotfix right here! Also a slightly modified goggles texture. I think it looks a bit better now.

(EDIT: No longer needed -- just redownload Apoc's pack.)

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

10. Post #170

December 2011
    133 Posts
    I'll get a good render of Sonic for ya in the morning. It's really freakin' late right now (7:50 AM).

Anyway, getchyer Rrrrrrobotnik hotfix right here! Also a slightly modified goggles texture. I think it looks a bit better now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5bdlgygvmvv5gd6

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Thanks in advance xD

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    Re-uploaded it, now he doesn't have an expodey head. Long story short, I needed RTB's help for the fingerposing and I forgot to test it before sending it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #172
    April 2011
    197 Posts
    "Why is it that being so bad feels so good?"

NOOOO!! Robotnik, you evil numbnuts!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,152 Posts
    I'm encountering lighting problems with some of the models in the pack. Specifically when using lamps.

Notice how in the first pic the gun displays shadows correctly but the Eggrobo does not. Likewise in pic 2, Metal Sonic casts a shadow, while both Robotnik's don't.
    Other models in the pack that also need dynamic shadows are the Death Egg Robot and the Death Egg.

If these could be corrected, that'd be awesome!

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    I'm encountering lighting problems with some of the models in the pack. Specifically when using lamps.

Notice how in the first pic the gun displays shadows correctly but the Eggrobo does not. Likewise in pic 2, Metal Sonic casts a shadow, while both Robotnik's don't.
    Other models in the pack that also need dynamic shadows are the Death Egg Robot and the Death Egg.

If these could be corrected, that'd be awesome!
    That is a really strange error, I'm not sure what's causing it. If anyone can give me some pointers on how to fix it I'll gladly do so (except for Classic Eggman's moustache for now, I know how to fix it but I'd have to re-do the flexes, so I'll be doing it later).

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,152 Posts
    That is a really strange error, I'm not sure what's causing it. If anyone can give me some pointers on how to fix it I'll gladly do so (except for Classic Eggman's moustache for now, I know how to fix it but I'd have to re-do the flexes, so I'll be doing it later).
    You just have to add $mostlyopaque to the QC. That's all as far as I know. Easy enough!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    You just have to add $mostlyopaque to the QC. That's all as far as I know. Easy enough!
    I'll give that a shot, I'll post back with the results.

Edited:

... It worked!

Thank you so much! Gonna go apply it to the other models that need it then re-upload.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,152 Posts
    I'll give that a shot, I'll post back with the results.

Edited:

... It worked!

Thank you so much! Gonna go apply it to the other models that need it then re-upload.
    Excellent!
    That looks much better. Noice work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    Fixed, you guys can re-download it now. I also noticed I accidentally left in the purple death egg textures that I made for a group event. That's what I get for staying up 'till 3AM last night trying to finish things.

Also, on an unrelated note I just realized who you are Urbanator, I have that one Sonic/Metal Gear crossover image you made as one of my desktop wallpapers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #179
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,894 Posts
    And this is why you shouldn't rush to have a pack unleashed into the general public until you've double-checked it, or there'll be triple-trouble.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,152 Posts
    Also, on an unrelated note I just realized who you are Urbanator, I have that one Sonic/Metal Gear crossover image you made as one of my desktop wallpapers.
    Heh, thanks man, I intend to hopefully do more stuff with these quality models later on!

21. Post #181

December 2011
    133 Posts
    And this is why you shouldn't rush to have a pack unleashed into the general public until you've double-checked it, or there'll be triple-trouble.
    That was quite the pun XD
    BTW, about what I asked you, if possible could you do the same for Gens Shadow & Silver?
    I've asked the same to Roken but I wanted to see which I'd like better, Sonic I like yours xD

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    Oh yeah, that reminds me. Itauske Roken, are you planning on porting those models to Garry's Mod? I'd like to know if you are or not so that if you are I'll remove them (them being Modern Sonic, Shadow and Silver) from my queue. I don't want to assume something that's incorrect.

23. Post #183
    October 2010
    1,547 Posts
    It'd be too much of a hassle if you could get another pic of him with the goggles back?
    Eggman looked way better with them. It's the last I may ask of you, thanks in advance.

Edited:

Sorry for asking this so late but couldn't you get another pic like that of the Unleashed model but with the eyes open? And if possible with the arms down...
    unfortunately I completely deleted them from the model so there's no chance of getting them back. As well as the fact that I ALREADY posted a picture of Sonic from generations here's a rehash:

Edit: Oh the three other models I posted up? I'm techincally working on a project along the lines of UDK stuff but I could port them over to Garry's mod.
    The only problem I'd have is that I for some reason can't even RUN Garry's mod. I think it might be some sort of BIOS conflict I've been having since I upgraded the hardware

24. Post #184

December 2011
    133 Posts
    unfortunately I completely deleted them from the model so there's no chance of getting them back. As well as the fact that I ALREADY posted a picture of Sonic from generations here's a rehash:
    Oh man... I was really fascinated by that Eggman having goggles as well... T-T

"Sorry for asking this so late but couldn't you get another pic like that of the Unleashed model but with the eyes open? And if possible with the arms down..."

Sorry, Roken, this was intended at RTB's Sonic model ^^
    Well, thanks for everything anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    October 2010
    1,547 Posts
    Oh man... I was really fascinated by that Eggman having goggles as well... T-T

"Sorry for asking this so late but couldn't you get another pic like that of the Unleashed model but with the eyes open? And if possible with the arms down..."

Sorry, Roken, this was intended at RTB's Sonic model ^^
    Well, thanks for everything anyway.
    oh lol

26. Post #186

December 2011
    133 Posts
    Don't sweat over it, I'm the one who should be worried here, since I'm asking almost the same to two people at the same time...
    Is it OK with you? I hope so...

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts
    ...and the case of the missing mustache.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    ...and the case of the missing mustache.
    I know, right? Only way I can fix it is by giving his moustache 2 layers of transparencies, one that's $alphatest (on or off alpha) and one that's $translucent (smooth blends). But I'd need to re-do the flexes for that.

Edit: Oh the three other models I posted up? I'm techincally working on a project along the lines of UDK stuff but I could port them over to Garry's mod.
    The only problem I'd have is that I for some reason can't even RUN Garry's mod. I think it might be some sort of BIOS conflict I've been having since I upgraded the hardware
    If you don't want to port them to GMod don't feel the need to, they're on my queue and I'd gladly do them if you don't want to. Pretty cool that you're doing it for the UDK though, I'm trying to wrap my head around how to use it.

29. Post #189

December 2011
    133 Posts
    Just curiosity but...
    What's that UDK?

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    Just curiosity but...
    What's that UDK?
    Unreal Development Kit, for making games using the Unreal Engine.

31. Post #191
    August 2008
    41 Posts
    Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but I found another issue

The classic Sonic whose spikes are not posable is broken, as his right leg and arm are not posable at all.
    Maybe this is only me thats having this problem, but...
    Again, sorry about the image size...
    The model which spikes are posable works fine though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    Excuse me while I go lay on the ground in the fetal position saying FUTURE over and over. I guess I'll go fix it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

33. Post #193

December 2011
    133 Posts
    Unreal Development Kit, for making games using the Unreal Engine.
    Oh! That! XD Thanks for telling me.

Edited:

Excuse me while I go lay on the ground in the fetal position saying FUTURE over and over. I guess I'll go fix it.
    I guess you're having it hard... Good luck...

34. Post #194
    May 2011
    29 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    October 2010
    1,547 Posts
    I know, right? Only way I can fix it is by giving his moustache 2 layers of transparencies, one that's $alphatest (on or off alpha) and one that's $translucent (smooth blends). But I'd need to re-do the flexes for that.

If you don't want to port them to GMod don't feel the need to, they're on my queue and I'd gladly do them if you don't want to. Pretty cool that you're doing it for the UDK though, I'm trying to wrap my head around how to use it.
    No problem :) Also just to let you know I have to completely re-rig the models anyway as for some reason saving them as a 3ds format literally causes the bones to explode. Strangely. Eh it happens after I port it into Blender anyway. So go on ahead and do those models I'll get you the 06 model with textures here in a bit too if you'd like. Currently making a hybrid model out of the 06 Eggman and the Generations Eggman though xD

36. Post #196
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #197

December 2011
    133 Posts
    No problem :) Also just to let you know I have to completely re-rig the models anyway as for some reason saving them as a 3ds format literally causes the bones to explode. Strangely. Eh it happens after I port it into Blender anyway. So go on ahead and do those models I'll get you the 06 model with textures here in a bit too if you'd like. Currently making a hybrid model out of the 06 Eggman and the Generations Eggman though xD
    WAIT!!! Ya what?! MAN!!! I wanna see that! It may be revolutionary!!!
    Can you tell us how long it may take?
    And can you give us an idea of how it may look like in the end?

Also, RTB, can I expect you to do me the favor I asked you?
    It's just that you may have not taken a note of it...

38. Post #198
    November 2011
    242 Posts
    Apochedgie, not sure what else I can say aside from thank you. It's gonna be awesome messing around with these.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

39. Post #199
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    I downloaded it and it broke my model.

*trollface*

So I'm taking votes, who's next after Knuckles?