1. Post #41

January 2012
    421 Posts
    Those are really nice o.o Which map is that?
    Map: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=86038
    Any good screen-making addons to introduce? I'm quite new to this stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,855 Posts
    hm, does anyone have some of the texture from Green Hill Zone? i want to make a map with those textures, but i don't know how to nab them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #43
    November 2011
    129 Posts
    hm, does anyone have some of the texture from Green Hill Zone? i want to make a map with those textures, but i don't know how to nab them.
    They were released on Sonic Retro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,855 Posts
    They were released on Sonic Retro
    mind helping me with digging these up? c:

5. Post #45
    November 2011
    129 Posts
    Sure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

6. Post #46
    August 2011
    84 Posts
    Thanks! Should Classic Super Shadow's hair fly up like in Shadow the Hedgehog or noraml?
    Fly up in my opinion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    Sure thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,855 Posts
    i made a pose with these. just to check out how they work

let me know how it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #49
    October 2010
    1,548 Posts
    i made a pose with these. just to check out how they work

let me know how it is.
    not bad looks pretty good too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    August 2011
    84 Posts
    First actual try to pose the Classic models :D Let me know what you think!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    April 2011
    197 Posts
    For some reason, Sonic's face cracks me up a lot. That and Eggman peeking out from that barrel in the background.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Just a Homestuck OC with a massive dick
    April 2011
    2,571 Posts
    These models taught me a little about face posing bec ause I used to be unable to do it for shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #53
    August 2008
    41 Posts
    Hello fellas. I've been a stalker here for months but since i picked up Garry's Mod about a week ago I decided to register to bypass the "forum's busy" thing.
    Here's some of the stuff I made. Straight off Garry's Mod. (No Photoshop or After Effects or anything)

Can't wait for the next batch of ports so I can start posing the others' faces. Good work everyone!
    Where did you get the Sonic Riders models? I didn't know those even existed, considering almost no one likes that game series, I do anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

14. Post #54
    August 2011
    84 Posts
    For some reason, Sonic's face cracks me up a lot. That and Eggman peeking out from that barrel in the background.
    Thanks!

Edited:

Another one.... i like this one personally!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    11,381 Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks that Classic Eggman's mustache should look less real?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,855 Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks that Classic Eggman's mustache should look less real?
    he may be classic, but that doesn't mean he's not hairy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

17. Post #57

January 2012
    421 Posts
    Where did you get the Sonic Riders models? I didn't know those even existed, considering almost no one likes that game series, I do anyway.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPRujpk8Ecw
    Just beware: no faceposing, no eyeposing, no fingerposing. Out of scale too.
    If anyone bothered to port over newer version of him and his extreme gear I'd be really happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    You wouldn't want Classic Eggman to look like this: (Although it'd be cool to set up a pingas joke once in a while, but you know what I mean.)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    August 2008
    41 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPRujpk8Ecw
    Just beware: no faceposing, no eyeposing, no fingerposing. Out of scale too.
    If anyone bothered to port over newer version of him and his extreme gear I'd be really happy.
    You're right, they're pretty bad, but I will live with what I got.
    I don't think anyone is going to do their Sonic Free Riders version though, although it would be nice if someone did.

20. Post #60
    June 2011
    116 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 13Friendly x 3Artistic x 1Dumb x 1Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    October 2010
    1,548 Posts
    I lol'd at Classic Eggman's face when he said that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

22. Post #62
    August 2008
    41 Posts
    I feel the need to ask, is there any hope of a neo metal Sonic from Sonic Heroes?

That ragdoll is pretty awesome and would be a awesome addition to the many Sonic ragdolls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    Just thought I'd ask, would any of you making custom models and edits consider doing the characters in this style?

Sort of an amalgamation of the classic and modern styles, my personal favorite design overall. You get your classic body and head so he doesn't look emaciated, but with the modern design's larger hands and feet and longer limbs (and I guess his modern face as well to a certain extent).

24. Post #64
    November 2011
    129 Posts
    Just thought I'd ask, would any of you making custom models and edits consider doing the characters in this style?

Sort of an amalgamation of the classic and modern styles, my personal favorite design overall. You get your classic body and head so he doesn't look emaciated, but with the modern design's larger hands and feet and longer limbs (and I guess his modern face as well to a certain extent).
    So basiclly Dreamcast Sonic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

25. Post #65
    September 2011
    97 Posts
    Dreamcast sonic doesnt look like that at all. its just modern soni. now but with less polygons.

And that hybrid design looks fantastic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

26. Post #66
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    11,381 Posts
    So basiclly Dreamcast Sonic
    Deamcast sonic was essentially modern sonic with better voiceacting and metallic shaders.
    That is a very neat concept with it having the physical shape and model of classic sonic, however textured like the modern one. I propose we do this immediately! (and the reverse as well once modern sonic is finished).
    Also I'm back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    Deamcast sonic was essentially modern sonic with better voiceacting and metallic shaders.
    That is a very neat concept with it having the physical shape and model of classic sonic, however textured like the modern one. I propose we do this immediately! (and the reverse as well once modern sonic is finished).
    Also I'm back.
    The model isn't exactly the same as classic, the limbs are a bit bigger and thicker. I like it because, again, he looks like he's actually healthy rather than some kind of stick figure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    November 2011
    129 Posts
    Also I'm back.
    Well I like all of Modern Sonic's voice but that leads to a entire huge argument. So if we were make this model, we would have to put Classic's head on modern's body, Shorten modern a little bit and fuse the two shoes of both modern & Classic?

I'll make a ideal model tommorow after school & homework.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    942 Posts
    I feel the need to ask, is there any hope of a neo metal Sonic from Sonic Heroes?

That ragdoll is pretty awesome and would be a awesome addition to the many Sonic ragdolls.
    He was only shown in pre-rendered cutscenes, there's only a model of his dragon form.

30. Post #70
    October 2010
    1,548 Posts
    He was only shown in pre-rendered cutscenes, there's only a model of his dragon form.
    Which means someone has to provide picture references of him so an accurate model can be made

31. Post #71
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    Well I like all of Modern Sonic's voice but that leads to a entire huge argument. So if we were make this model, we would have to put Classic's head on modern's body, Shorten modern a little bit and fuse the two shoes of both modern & Classic?

I'll make a ideal model tommorow after school & homework.
    Honestly just try putting the modern limbs on the classic model and see what happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

32. Post #72
    August 2008
    211 Posts
    Well, there's the Sonic Adventure DX Pc hacks. That we never use. Outside of different Chaos Forms, and E102 Gamma on gmod.org

33. Post #73

June 2011
    114 Posts
    Any news on the modern Generations models?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    WE'VE GOT DODGSON HERE!
    August 2005
    1,967 Posts
    Any news on the modern Generations models?
    As much as I appreciate the work done by Apoc, I'd too like to see the modern models as well. Unleashed Sonic has some funky face posing and it would be nice to have that mirrored mouth option as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    I do plan on porting the modern characters as well, but I figured I'd do Sonic, Tails and Amy last because we already have pretty good models of them already. But if you guys want 'em enough I can do 'em sooner.

I will tell you that I am working on a modern character right now, since I saw the current one we had of him and decided that we need a better one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

36. Post #76
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,960 Posts
    I do plan on porting the modern characters as well, but I figured I'd do Sonic, Tails and Amy last because we already have pretty good models of them already. But if you guys want 'em enough I can do 'em sooner.

I will tell you that I am working on a modern character right now, since I saw the current one we had of him and decided that we need a better one.
    Aren't Teelz Sahnik and Emy just re-used Unleashed models?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts
    I hope he's got the master plan.

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    I hope he's got the master plan.
    Stop reading my mind.

Not quite, the Generations models actually have a slightly lower poly count, so I may end up doing a hybrid of the 2 when I get around to the modern characters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts
    Stop reading my mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,894 Posts
    Not quite, the Generations models actually have a slightly lower poly count, so I may end up doing a hybrid of the 2 when I get around to the modern characters.
    He's right, you know.

Unleashed Sonic on the left, Generations Sonic on the right. Best if you open them both up in separate tabs to compare 'em.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)