1. Post #81
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    10,829 Posts
    That's interesting, the socks appear to be higher poly in the generations model, the shoes seem to have at least the most noticable drop in polycount.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    That's interesting, the socks appear to be higher poly in the generations model, the shoes seem to have at least the most noticable drop in polycount.
    I'll do a comparison of various elements of the model tomorrow, it's pretty late right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts
    After toying with the classic models, I have to point out at least one issue that I think should be adjusted.

Eggman's shoulders seem to hang pretty low with the default limits he has. It leaves this big space between the shoulder and cape-collar that looks rather...gihhh.

Now granted, it's possible to pose the arm in order to cover it, but seeing as it's so easy to come across when just standing him upright, it's a nagging detail. And not everyone is going to know better when posing, so it'll be there in their posed pictures.

Example (claiming no ownership to this one):

So yeah, that's the most pressing detail I could mention. Other little things could be construed as nitpicking.

(reaction:)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    820 Posts
    After toying with the classic models, I have to point out at least one issue that I think should be adjusted.

Eggman's shoulders seem to hang pretty low with the default limits he has. It leaves this big space between the shoulder and cape-collar that looks rather...gihhh.

Now granted, it's possible to pose the arm in order to cover it, but seeing as it's so easy to come across when just standing him upright, it's a nagging detail. And not everyone is going to know better when posing, so it'll be there in their posed pictures.

So yeah, that's the most pressing detail I could mention. Other little things could be construed as nitpicking.

Wish I could fix it, but the only way I could do so is if I remove the physics completely from his shoulders. As it is, his shoulders have a 0 degree rotation limit but he just bypasses it completely. As you can see here:
    Code:
    	$jointconstrain "shoulder_r" x limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "shoulder_r" y limit -00.00 00.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "shoulder_r" z limit -00.00 00.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "shoulder_l" x limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "shoulder_l" y limit -00.00 00.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "shoulder_l" z limit -00.00 00.00 0.00
    Meaning the game says it shouldn't be able to rotate at all, but no matter what I do it just seems like he has no limits for 'em. However, there is one more thing I haven't tried yet, I'll see if that works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

5. Post #85
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Are there any plans to make the Classic Badniks and the Death Egg Robo from Generations?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

6. Post #86
    January 2010
    73 Posts

I'm not sure what's more shocking, the fact that Amy loves someone else, or the fact that Eggman is a fur fag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    10,829 Posts
    I'm not sure what's more shocking, the fact that Amy loves someone else, or the fact that Eggman is a fur fag.
    Furry hating beside. It's actually pretty obvious that the Amy thing is the bigger surprise. I mean she's been obsessed with Sonic her entire life, and Eggman has spent over 20 years surrounded by Sonic n' friends, just half that time was enough for me. It'd be a bigger surprise if that Egg WASN'T a furry by this point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #88

January 2012
    5 Posts
    Hey, on the subject of models we already have that are just as good, if not better, than the Generations ones, does the same apply for Rouge and Blaze? All I have is the Rouge from Mario and Sonic, and the Blaze that, I believe, is a rigged Brawl trophy.

9. Post #89
    September 2011
    97 Posts
    Theres a 06 blaze one but the jacket color is off and the eyes are messed up.

Theres an sa2 rouge, 06 rouge, heroes rouge and the olympics one. dont know of any others.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

10. Post #90

January 2012
    5 Posts
    Theres a 06 blaze one but the jacket color is off and the eyes are messed up.

Theres an sa2 rouge, 06 rouge, heroes rouge and the olympics one. dont know of any others.
    There's an 06 Rouge? Is there a link to that?

11. Post #91
    August 2008
    209 Posts
    There's an 06 Rouge? Is there a link to that?
    The Link is down a long time ago. But I don't recommend this because the model is too short commared to other sonic models.
    Just get the M&SWG Model instead.

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,803 Posts
    i'm lurking through the sonic generations files, and i'm trying to find the texture for the tunnel you're in when fighting the Time Eater. just need that funnel texture, that's about it.

13. Post #93

December 2011
    133 Posts
    Now I get it why the other topic seemed dead... XD
    Alright Roken I'm still calmly waiting.
    Just a thing, I don't know if you read it in the other topic, I was asking if you could do the same for Gens Sonic, Shadow & Silver...

If possible, thanks in advance.
    If not, sorry for the bothering.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

14. Post #94
    August 2011
    272 Posts
    This is kinda off-topic, but each time I read the title, I always read "Sonic the Hedgehog 4 thread."

Edited:

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=119899

Will this classic Amy work? There's another one, but its a port of the Sonic R model i think (very low poly). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYhJkkjVDm0
    That "lowpoly" Rosy is actually an edit of this model, made by someone over at the Sonic Robo Blast 2 forums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #95

August 2011
    84 Posts
    BROKE THE SILENCE :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    May 2011
    29 Posts
    BROKE THE SILENCE :3
    Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    September 2011
    1,544 Posts
    And I thought lmao was bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    So has anyone given this a go yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #99

August 2011
    84 Posts
    Thank you.
    No problem i was going insane waiting for an update!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    820 Posts
    Update:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 9Zing Zing x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    I see EggRobo's got a coin slot in his head.

(Either that, or he's about to launch a missile at Sonic.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #102
    April 2011
    197 Posts
    SKATEBOARD!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    November 2011
    242 Posts
    Fuck yes, Egg Robo is my favorite video game grunt ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    January 2012
    56 Posts
    EggRobo and the Skateboard hell yes.

25. Post #105

January 2012
    401 Posts
    Aw, I thought you are working on modern models. Ho well, they are awesome and I'm not complaining.
    Meanwhile here's some moar unedited shots I got.

Maybe I'll start posing with classic sonic. *sniff* Maybe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

26. Post #106
    The pony car can be fueled by putting a gas pistol in her pussy
    August 2011
    374 Posts
    Just updating you guys on my models. I decided to create a Classic shadow model and it looks pretty good. btw, could someone send me Classic Amy? and i need francis for evil sonic's jacket
    Wow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    The pony car can be fueled by putting a gas pistol in her pussy
    August 2011
    374 Posts
    A noob Fwee Fwee rated me dumb... what?

Edited:

My screenshots are there!

1: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1156739

2: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1156750

What do you think about these?

Edited:

Aw, I thought you are working on modern models. Ho well, they are awesome and I'm not complaining.
    Meanwhile here's some moar unedited shots I got.

Maybe I'll start posing with classic sonic. *sniff* Maybe.
    Awesome but where did you get Jet model and what is the map name at the second screenshot?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #108

January 2012
    401 Posts
    Lol he got banned but I guess I should answer him in case anybody was wondering.
    -Jet model is the one mentioned in the second page.
    -The second screenshot is in a map from Dystopia. Have to purposely download the mod just to pose

Anyways anybody doing any other stuff other than Apoc?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

29. Post #109

December 2011
    133 Posts
    It seems things are going tough on your side, Roken...
    Is everything going okay so far?

30. Post #110
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    A noob Fwee Fwee rated me dumb... what?

Edited:

My screenshots are there!

1: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1156739

2: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1156750

What do you think about these?

Edited:

Awesome but where did you get Jet model and what is the map name at the second screenshot?
    Ooooohh... by the time you are unbanned, we are going to have so much fun in this fucking thread with you in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #111
    August 2008
    41 Posts
    Is it me, or has a lot of the people working on models in the last Sonic The Hedgehog thread..disappeared? some of those models in the screens of the last thread looked really good, what happened? do they know this thread is still alive or what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

32. Post #112
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,857 Posts
    Is it me, or has a lot of the people working on models in the last Sonic The Hedgehog thread..disappeared? some of those models in the screens of the last thread looked really good, what happened? do they know this thread is still alive or what?
    Apoc's working on some stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    Quite alot of the original modelers got banned or they didn't come onto the forums as much as they used to.

When you have been a member of a forum for a long time, you start to visit the forum less and less. (Unless there is something that is making you come back for more.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    October 2010
    1,520 Posts
    It seems things are going tough on your side, Roken...
    Is everything going okay so far?
    So far things have been moving rather slow. I just had to re import all my models minus eggman's 06 model. And then relocate Elise's model that was already made. (for the necklace, crown, and hair. The actual model does not have nudity like the original misconception caused by that ragdoll.) So expect something sometime just not soon as I'm also working on matching textures to the levels from the game as well. (Do NOT expect them to be made into maps. Apparently they have too many faces to be imported into source as brushes)

35. Post #115

December 2011
    133 Posts
    So far things have been moving rather slow. I just had to re import all my models minus eggman's 06 model. And then relocate Elise's model that was already made. (for the necklace, crown, and hair. The actual model does not have nudity like the original misconception caused by that ragdoll.) So expect something sometime just not soon as I'm also working on matching textures to the levels from the game as well. (Do NOT expect them to be made into maps. Apparently they have too many faces to be imported into source as brushes)
    I just want those front-view pics of the ones I asked about, nothing else xD
    I'll keep waiting...

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,803 Posts
    nevermind on that terminal velocity piece, i found some resources.

also, if there's a nega-wisp armor rigged model out there, let me know. otherwise i'm going to rig it myself for everyone's use.

37. Post #117
    June 2011
    172 Posts
    hei guis i maed a vido wit saunic:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    November 2008
    93 Posts
    hei guis i maed a vido wit saunic:
    I feel dumb for asking. But how did you keep metal sonic posed and moved him at the same time?

39. Post #119
    June 2011
    172 Posts
    I feel dumb for asking. But how did you keep metal sonic posed and moved him at the same time?
    Statue tool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    October 2010
    1,520 Posts
    I just want those front-view pics of the ones I asked about, nothing else xD
    I'll keep waiting...
    Oh lawl well I may need a reminder for which ones xD