1. Post #641
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,351 Posts
    Is it weird if I watch Guild Wars 2 beta footage in 1080p and full screen as I press buttons and click my mouse to act like I'm playing the game?
    Went to close fullscreen and clicked the 'X' on the current games open window... fff-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #642
    July 2009
    1,136 Posts
    The only person I've seen use the dodge mechanic effectively (courtesy of the SA forums):

only 480p, sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #643
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,435 Posts
    thank fuck there's dodgin in this game, it will make PvE actually fun and worth it for a person like me (100% PvP focused in every MMO i've ever played)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #644
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,972 Posts
    The only person I've seen use the dodge mechanic effectively (courtesy of the SA forums):

only 480p, sorry.

a good player makes the game look way better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #645
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,595 Posts
    Been following this game off and on for awhile but not completely in the know, this new footage looks amazing, but I was wondering about something that I'm sure has been asked a million times; do I need to play Guild Wars 1 to really "get" this game? Or is it entirely different? I have Guild Wars and all the expansions from a Steam sale last year but don't really like playing them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #646
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,797 Posts
    Been following this game off and on for awhile but not completely in the know, this new footage looks amazing, but I was wondering about something that I'm sure has been asked a million times; do I need to play Guild Wars 1 to really "get" this game? Or is it entirely different? I have Guild Wars and all the expansions from a Steam sale last year but don't really like playing them.
    It's a very different game, I wouldn't worry if you don't like it, they've done a lot different in Guild Wars 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 1Informative x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #647
    June 2011
    588 Posts
    Also apparently according to Lewis that's at very low graphics settings as he was having performance issues recording with Fraps. Still doesn't look half bad really.
    Fraps is a performance issue itself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #648
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,045 Posts
    Fraps is a performance issue itself.
    Doesn't really matter in this case as this beta build had really bad performance issues.
    Even with a brand new computer, anything above medium would dip you in to single digits FPS in combat.

This is a known issue, and basically it's a result of them not optimizing the engine for this build, as far as I'm aware.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #649
    own-fucking-zone
    April 2009
    4,016 Posts
    Leaked mesmer image.
    Why would you take it down? TB's wife has 10 minutes of Memser gameplay in the public.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #650
    December 2005
    7,351 Posts
    Wish there were more people who knew how to play MMO's on these beta videos...instead a bunch of people who don't know shit about the lore and anything about A-Net get access.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #651
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,474 Posts
    I'm not a huge fan of the majority of MMOs anymore, but when I played the original GW it was the shit.

I also loved it how you didn't have to own the previous games to get the expansion packs. That was boss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #652
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,045 Posts
    Why would you take it down? TB's wife has 10 minutes of Memser gameplay in the public.
    Because that was leaked before the partial NDA lift. So it was in direct violation of NDA, and that's a legal offense in certain countries.

Both Facepunch and the person re-linking them could be in trouble.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #653
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,410 Posts
    I'm not a huge fan of the majority of MMOs anymore, but when I played the original GW it was the shit.

I also loved it how you didn't have to own the previous games to get the expansion packs. That was boss.
    Eye of the North is the only real "expansion pack".

The rest are technically standalone games that could be combined together.

Edited:

Both Facepunch and the person re-linking them could be in trouble.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #654
    I <3 Olivia Wilde
    December 2005
    851 Posts
    :V i got top comment on the Norn part 4 by yogscast and now i have almost 100 emails saying that i hate gays xD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative x 2Friendly x 1Funny x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #655
    December 2005
    7,351 Posts
    I live the life of a male everyday. In any game that allows you to create characters of you own I choose female. The reason for that is because these games allow you to play a life other than your own. You create something that is different and gives you a new experience than you're used to. Not to mention that female characters are more sexually appealing and look better with sharp swords :)

Edited:

-snip-
    I'm going to shut up now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 2Optimistic x 2Friendly x 1Winner x 1Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #656
    November 2010
    864 Posts
    Finally decide what I'm running: Charr Engi ( Charr because damn I wanted to play one since it's announcement, and Engineer because of the versatility).

You all will probably see me running around with friends scream TF2 jokes at me 99% of the time...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #657
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,259 Posts
    I live the life of a male everyday. In any game that allows you to create characters of you own I choose female. The reason for that is because these games allow you to play a life other than your own. You create something that is different and gives you a new experience than you're used to. Not to mention that female characters are more sexually appealing and look better with sharp swords :)

Edited:

All my characters for GW2 are going to be female except for Asura and Charr because I think they sound and look weird. Also to prove that I don't support furries... I think that shit is mental.
    Something is wrong with you.

How does playing an Asura Female = Furry and Asura Male = No Furry?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #658
    December 2005
    7,351 Posts
    -I'm going to shut up now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #659
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,259 Posts
    How is something wrong with me when I don't like furries? I know people are going to create charrs just because they think naked animals are sexy. I bet you will see a group of charrs dancing naked in the main cities, or some gay guilds that only allow charr/asura in them.

Don't get me wrong I love those races. I plan on created several Charr and Asura characters, but those characters won't be females.
    I didn't say its wrong not to like furries, it's completely normal in fact, it's disgusting.

But what is the difference between an Asura Female, Asura Male and Charr Female, Charr Male, it's both "Furry" if you'd call it that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #660
    June 2011
    588 Posts
    But what is the difference between an Asura Female, Asura Male and Charr Female, Charr Male, it's both "Furry" if you'd call it that.
    One is a cat and the other is a football
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #661
    December 2005
    7,351 Posts
    -snip-

Edited:

Do you guys think that they will have the Asura/Sylvari beta this weekend? I'm really looking forward to seeing their cities.

22. Post #662
    November 2009
    1,465 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #663
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,922 Posts
    Glad to see compass drawing/pinging is going to be returning.

Many penises will be drawn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #664
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,888 Posts
    How is something wrong with me when I don't like furries? I know people are going to create charrs just because they think naked animals are sexy.
    it's funny because they've done a fantastic job of making the female charr totally non-sexualised.

compare this:

to this:

in the latest yogscast video they take off the female charr clothes and it looks exactly how you'd expect a giant bestial female cat thing to look
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing x 4Friendly x 1Agree x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #665
    December 2005
    7,351 Posts
    Good point.
    I'm dumb.
    Give me boxes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 11Zing x 1Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #666
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,259 Posts
    Good point.
    I'm dumb.
    Give me boxes.
    enjoy box fort
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #667
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,327 Posts
    I'm probably going to be a norn guardian, human mesmer, sylvari ranger, asura necromancer, or charr engineer... What should I play first? I'm sort of tied between necromancer and guardian.

28. Post #668
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,410 Posts

More botal tiscuit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #669
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,797 Posts
    From the Guild Wars 2 Twitter:

We have a surprise for you tomorrow, keep an eye on our social networks and website! Tell your friends to follow us as well! ~MK
    Getting excited again.

30. Post #670
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,356 Posts
    From the Guild Wars 2 Twitter:

Getting excited again.
    From Facebook:
    A big thanks for following us on Facebook! We have a surprise for you tomorrow, so keep an eye on our social networks and website and tell your friends to follow us, too! ~RB
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #671
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    822 Posts
    Can the Norn still turn into bears? Is it like a skill or?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #672
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    M Charr Engineer
    F Human Mesmer
    F Sylvari Necro
    M Human Warrior
    F Human Thief
    M Asuran Ele
    M Asuran Guardian
    F Charr Ranger

That is what I think my characters will turn out as, probably in that order. I think I have a good amount of race variety so I don't get bored with areas back to back.
    But of course, I've changed this list too many times to count.

Also, the 'surprise' that they are releasing - I hope it's something to do with HoM, and saving names or something.

33. Post #673
    December 2005
    7,351 Posts
    I could only imagine what that Facebook status could be implying. I doubt that it has to do with public beta, but why can't I hope?

34. Post #674
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,410 Posts
    Can the Norn still turn into bears? Is it like a skill or?
    Yep. It's one of their racial skills. Most likely an elite.
    They can also turn into other animal forms too.

Edited:

I could only imagine what that Facebook status could be implying. I doubt that it has to do with public beta, but why can't I hope?
    Dare I say it?

Release date?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #675
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,356 Posts
    Yep. It's one of their racial skills. Most likely an elite.
    They can also turn into other animal forms too.

Edited:

Dare I say it?

Release date?   
    Who knows, we'll see tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #676
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,797 Posts
    One of the writers for GW2 seems pretty excited about it on Twitter too:

So excited for tomorrow! Can't wait to see the reaction!
    https://twitter.com/#!/cynixy/status/172127073870168065

I'm hopeful for something awesome.

37. Post #677
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,356 Posts
    One of the writers for GW2 seems pretty excited about it on Twitter too:

https://twitter.com/#!/cynixy/status/172127073870168065

I'm hopeful for something awesome.
    I bet you 10 platinum that it's the Commando's official profession reveal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #678
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,922 Posts
    I bet you 10 platinum that it's the Commando's official profession reveal.
    20 Platinum it has something to do with Guild Wars 2. I'll never lose this one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #679
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,356 Posts
    20 Platinum it has something to do with Guild Wars 2. I'll never lose this one.
    I'm talking Guild Wars 1 platinum.

40. Post #680
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    822 Posts
    In my opinion, it's going to be release date or open beta, I'm excited!

It's even got me (struggling) to play GW1. I'm way to pumped.