1. Post #881
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    They got their signup confirmation instantly, not their keys.
    Ooooh. In that case, I got it instantly too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #882
    June 2011
    588 Posts
    So has anybody gotten lucky yet?
    ...said Raizo while rocking back and forth in his bed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny x 3Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #883
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    2,654 Posts
    How the fuck did you know that?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #884
    April 2010
    301 Posts
    How the fuck did you know that?!
    You left the window open.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bulgaria Show Events Informative Informative x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #885
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,575 Posts
    anyone got any good warrior PvP gameplay from the beta this past weekend? or really any PvP at all from the beta would be nice to watch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #886
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    God dammit I wish it was an open beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #887
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    2,654 Posts
    Isn't it supposed to go open beta in March/April?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #888
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    No clue, but I hope so.

9. Post #889
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,261 Posts
    Anyone have a big guild planned up? I'm looking for one to start out with. I'm a big time GW1 fan and getting CE.
    I'm starting a guild at http://ignisaeternum.guildlaunch.com/ : Most of us are from a different game (Mount & Blade: Warband) but we accepting all kinds of fun & nice people though.

Could hook up with some FP players as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #890
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,113 Posts
    No, there are no plans to go "Open Beta" at all.

There are plans to do beta weekends, in which a portion of the community can play for a weekend, and provide input.

This portion will be very large, and in some cases might be everyone who signed up.

There is no traditional Open Beta planned as of yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #891
    November 2009
    1,478 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #892
    I <3 Olivia Wilde
    December 2005
    851 Posts
    I had over 2000 hours on guild wars 1 and thats an unhealthy amount of time for me to play a game even over the space of several years so i really hope i get in :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #893
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,367 Posts
    I might be starting a guild, but it probably won't be anything big or serious. Just a guild for people to hang out and do dungeons/events with.
    Well from what I've heard that you can join as many guilds as you want, I'd love to join!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #894
    Fairly Gay
    March 2008
    724 Posts
    Well from what I've heard that you can join as many guilds as you want, I'd love to join!
    It's still just one per character, though, no?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #895
    November 2010
    5,735 Posts
    I had over 2000 hours on guild wars 1 and thats an unhealthy amount of time for me to play a game even over the space of several years so i really hope i get in :D
    I've never played GW1 and I'm not really sure what kind of game it is, and we still probably have the same chances of getting in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #896
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,800 Posts
    Nope, guilds are account wide and you can join as many as you want, but you can only represent one guild at a time. You can easily switch between which guild you want to represent though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #897
    December 2005
    7,367 Posts
    Yeah you can only represent one guild but you can be apart of many guilds. I think it's the new type of alliance thing?

Edited:

I probably have 1500, about 800 on my main W/Mo, and about 150 on the rest...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #898
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,758 Posts
    Got scared because I didn't get a confirmation email, so I made another email and re-did the sign up.

So, when's the Beta going to start?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #899
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,701 Posts
    March I guess.

No one has been accepted into the beta from the confirmed.. so yeah, just a reminder.

Also, there is a GW2 AMA on Reddit, although I think it's focused on WvW PvP, starting now, I'll post a link when it appears.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...a_about_world/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #900
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Nope, guilds are account wide and you can join as many as you want, but you can only represent one guild at a time. You can easily switch between which guild you want to represent though.
    Badass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #901
    March 2010
    421 Posts
    According to the AMA on reddit ( http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...a_about_world/ )

There are no capes. Instead, you can put your guild emblem on your armor and shields. The physics capes were my favorite part about guild wars :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #902
    December 2005
    7,367 Posts
    According to the AMA on reddit ( http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...a_about_world/ )

There are no capes. Instead, you can put your guild emblem on your armor and shields. The physics capes were my favorite part about guild wars :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #903
    June 2010
    1,498 Posts
    i assume you all already have, but for anyone reading about 30-40 mins left to sign up for beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #904
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,800 Posts
    https://public.ducksboard.com/vSPhlMJ1Yi3abkD7PtHM/

So close to 1 million signups, it's slightly hypnotising to watch.

25. Post #905
    June 2010
    1,498 Posts
    doesn't load for me, not liking my chances of getting into beta any more, hopefully the people who do get in don't waste their opportunity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #906
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    502 error, bad gateway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #907
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,800 Posts
    Yep when they linked it on Twitter they managed to crash it, last count I saw it was at 991,200 or so beta signups.

28. Post #908
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    2,924 Posts
    One game to rule them all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #909
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,159 Posts
    Supposed to look like this

For GW2 on the other hand,

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #910
    I <3 Olivia Wilde
    December 2005
    851 Posts
    well, there goes any chances of me getting in :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #911
    June 2010
    1,498 Posts
    they reopened the sign ups, sigh what a shitty move. hopfully they can sort out the people who have just used multiple accounts.

all the people on facebook spamming give me a key please is really getting annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #912
    I <3 Olivia Wilde
    December 2005
    851 Posts
    If i do get more than one key i will certainly give away the spares to facepunch. just hope it doesn't screw me over that I used multiple emails because i forgot which one my main ncsoft account was linked to ( hoped i would get a higher priority, probably wont) :D

33. Post #913
    June 2010
    1,498 Posts
    i had a heart attack trying to remember my ncsoft account and password.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #914
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,800 Posts
    Well either way if I get in or not, I'm happy for the success that they're having, it means they have a huge pool of systems to test the game on and will hopefully help make the end product that much better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #915
    June 2010
    1,498 Posts
    Well either way if I get in or not, I'm happy for the success that they're having, it means they have a huge pool of systems to test the game on and will hopefully help make the end product that much better.
    yeh, just hope they dont assume the beta is like a free trial rather than trying to help make the game polished.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #916
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,758 Posts
    If i do get more than one key i will certainly give away the spares to facepunch. just hope it doesn't screw me over that I used multiple emails because i forgot which one my main ncsoft account was linked to ( hoped i would get a higher priority, probably wont) :D
    I got spooked by that I got no confirmation email on my main email, so I made a new one.

Hope it doesn't screw me over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #917
    December 2005
    7,367 Posts
    Ducksboard loads but I don't see any of the information... I heard it was at 997.5k a few minutes ago.

38. Post #918
    April 2011
    3,718 Posts
    whatever It's fine I wasn't planning on getting in anyways
    ;_;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #919
    December 2005
    7,367 Posts
    "The Guild Wars 2 beta sign up is currently closed."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #920
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,263 Posts
    Anyone else mad that they kept registration open just to get to 1 mil?

Edited:

"The Guild Wars 2 beta sign up is currently closed."
    omg someone else might be able to enjoy the game insted of me
    SO MAD >:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)