1. Post #1201
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,789 Posts
    Thats not the point, it means "Throw the pet rock of the opponent and hope he runs to help it".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #1202
    November 2010
    5,749 Posts
    Rocks hurt.
    Magic bolts obliterate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #1203
    May 2011
    79 Posts
    Magic bolts obliterate.
    Some would say a painless death is a mercy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #1204
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,615 Posts
    I love the warrior's first downed skill
    [Throw Rock]
    so badass and appropriate for a battlefield full of people wearing oversized armor and flinging magic bolts of pure pain around
    A fist sized rock thrown by a muscular soldier could probably kill a normal person.
    Granted it would have to hit them in the head, but the fact is still there. Similarly, it could break bones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 3Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #1205
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,935 Posts
    A fist sized rock thrown by a muscular soldier could probably kill a normal person.
    Not really. It would sure bleed though. Maybe if you were hit in the head or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #1206
    October 2011
    72 Posts
    I'm trying to stay away from these threads and videos on youtube.

I can hardly wait for the game already and watching videos of PVP is only making it more difficult
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #1207
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,602 Posts
    Not really. It would sure bleed though. Maybe if you were hit in the head or something.
    a good sized rock thrown by someone who can throw could kill someone pretty easily if it hit them in the head. maybe not a charr because they've got thick skulls but those little asura? they''re fucked
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Informative x 1Winner x 1Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1208
    November 2010
    879 Posts
    a good sized rock thrown by someone who can throw could kill someone pretty easily if it hit them in the head. maybe not a charr because they've got thick skulls but those little asura? they''re fucked
    Well,if we follow GW2 anti-reality logic, a rock could cause internal damage and outside bleeding. Bones could start to break, bruises, and heck, an organ could possibly rupture.

Warrior + Rock = Goodbye nads
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #1209
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,690 Posts
    After seeing the Elementalist, I am considering changing to that from Engineer, so much potential.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #1210
    moo
    November 2006
    4,834 Posts
    No one has posted Total Biscuits recent videos?

The jumping puzzles looks great, it's the same one Curse showed, but this one actually gets to the boss at the end of it. I'm happy to see there will be tons of difficult to find hidden places.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #1211
    April 2007
    259 Posts
    God damn, jumping puzzles? This game is fucking legit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #1212
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    Always meant to check out TB...got distracted by the building tools :\
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #1213
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,710 Posts
    God damn, jumping puzzles? This game is fucking legit.
    I know a guy who refuses to take part in a jumping puzzle in any game, and rages when they are forced upon him. It's quite funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #1214
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...0fa2aaabacapbl

I MAEK TURRET.

On a serious note, crate gives flame, net and healing turret, I can used skills for the rest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #1215
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,454 Posts
    I'm loving how pets can revive allies with "Search and Rescue" and can revive you when you're downed. Ranger ftw!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #1216
    January 2010
    2,725 Posts
    Today's a very warrior-like day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Zing Zing x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #1217
    January 2010
    3,952 Posts
    I love easter egg style secret stuff in MMO's if anything every mmo needs them to some degree, the Rift ones and ToR ones were really cool but the GW2 ones look even a step up beyond that! awesome can't wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #1218
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,454 Posts
    I love easter egg style secret stuff in MMO's if anything every mmo needs them to some degree, the Rift ones and ToR ones were really cool but the GW2 ones look even a step up beyond that! awesome can't wait.
    A developer hinted at a hidden cliff over Beetletun and a waterfall. I can't wait to find hidden, beautiful landmarks. Just like Melandru's Garden in Pre-Searing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #1219
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,710 Posts
    A developer hinted at a hidden cliff over Beetletun and a waterfall. I can't wait to find hidden, beautiful landmarks. Just like Melandru's Garden in Pre-Searing.
    You mean the Hidden Garden near Fort Ranik? Or somewhere else.. where the Traveler guy is.

I play Ranger in every game ever, so it's an obvious choice for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #1220
    January 2010
    2,725 Posts
    You mean the Hidden Garden near Fort Ranik? Or somewhere else.. where the Traveler guy is.

I play Ranger in every game ever, so it's an obvious choice for me.
    But then what race? That's the hard part for me. In GW1 I had a running theme with all my names relating with the human race's pietism. GW2 has seen the death of the gods so it wouldn't fit...

21. Post #1221
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,710 Posts
    Sylvari at first pick - reason being it's entirely new, never seen before. This means awesome structures, travel, mechanics, equipment, and just NEW. NEEEEW. Also interested in the lore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #1222
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    Sylvari at first pick - reason being it's entirely new, never seen before. This means awesome structures, travel, mechanics, equipment, and just NEW. NEEEEW. Also interested in the lore.
    They don't have much lore since they're only 25 years old >.>

Edited:

Also I'm so fucking bored now because all I want to do is Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars 2, GUILD WARS 2!!!!!!! I need to distance myself from this game until beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #1223
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,454 Posts
    But then what race? That's the hard part for me. In GW1 I had a running theme with all my names relating with the human race's pietism. GW2 has seen the death of the gods so it wouldn't fit...
    The gods aren't gone, in fact, many humans still worship the Six.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #1224
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #1225
    Streetwise Angel Booksmart Devil
    January 2010
    3,044 Posts
    The gods aren't gone, in fact, many humans still worship the Six.
    Exactly, there are still priests of the gods, its just that the gods haven't intervened in a while, since Balthazar assisted the humans when the battle isles were flooded.

A part of the story may be figuring out why the gods aren't around to help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #1226
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    16,013 Posts
    that's incredibly awesome

27. Post #1227
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    4,305 Posts
    Holy shit, that's on the Ascalon Wall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #1228
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    Been waiting for this day... Warrior Day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #1229
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,635 Posts
    The sylvari are like a crossover between a fern and a bonobo monkey.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #1230
    Newbie Programmer
    November 2009
    1,087 Posts
    Yup, same reason. Going with a main Sylvari Thief and most likely an Asura Engineer as an alt because a short little fucker with loads of utility sounds really cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #1231
    November 2010
    5,749 Posts
    gee looking at TBs video I really really hope they nerf them greatswords and make the shield more viable because I'm dead tired of two handers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #1232
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,685 Posts
    The soundtrack for this is really good.

Jeremy Soule does it again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #1233
    January 2010
    2,725 Posts
    gee looking at TBs video I really really hope they nerf them greatswords and make the shield more viable because I'm dead tired of two handers
    I think they'll give them a slight slowdown, maybe slower swings. Or if they take a more technical route, have higher arcing swings so that it's not that much of a sweeping motion, and miss more people in the area.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #1234
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,061 Posts
    I made a great elementalist build.

It's for exploration/scouting/general fast movement stuff (I wonder if paying people to run you places will still be part of the game)

-Grants a total of +35% movement speed passively (+10% while attuned to air via trait, +15% while using a dagger via trait, +10% via signet)
    -The healing skill grants 10s swiftness, and is a glyph. One 'Inscription' trait makes glyphs apply swiftness, which will stack in duration.
    -'Quick Glyphs' trait makes heal recharge go from 20s to 18s
    -having 30 arcane power makes all boons last 30% longer (13s+however long inscription gives whenever the heal is cast)
    -skill 5 also grants swiftness
    -utility skills to teleport, break stun

So ultimately I'll be zipping around at high speed, having swiftness up almost constantly (probably). Swiftness will make my movement speed be a total of +68%.

That's fast.

I call this build "Sonic the Elementalist".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #1235
    November 2010
    2,056 Posts
    I can't make up my mind whether to go for dual axes as a warrior or a greatsword, the latter seems so funnily overpowered
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #1236
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    7,237 Posts
    I know a guy who refuses to take part in a jumping puzzle in any game, and rages when they are forced upon him. It's quite funny.
    I'm not very fond of jumping puzzles but if they can keep them fun and not insanely hard then it should be fine. I think it's a pleasant addition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #1237
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,147 Posts
    I like jumping puzzles.

And turtles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #1238
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    jumping turtles?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #1239
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,789 Posts
    You must be Luxon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Zing x 3Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Funny x 1Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #1240
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    2,940 Posts
    FLrghaaaatghafghafgraaaaaaaw flapaat barmaaaak mjanpart!

IM SO FUKCING EXITED!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)