1. Post #5161
    June 2010
    1,513 Posts
    as the sword/dagger thief i can teleport from the path below clocktower up onto the cap point if an enemy is on it, and press the ability again to port away, i got a clip of it that will be in my thief vid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #5162
    May 2011
    80 Posts
    I'd like to see some underwater stuff in SPvP, just for the hell of it.
    I also felt a bit vulnerable at times as an engineer in SPvP, except the Elixir gun really helped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #5163
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,198 Posts
    is that me on the top left?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #5164
    January 2010
    2,724 Posts
    i didnt really try for dmg, i did some but it wasnt much, was a guardian in a pvp one time took us forever to kill him cus of all the heal abilitys.

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...pf77797k7n7tij i used somthing similar to this

the tome has a full heal to all nearby allies, and skill one is a non stop aoe heal that u can place on the floor

Edited:

i think my ideal 5v5 team would be dagger thief, 2x hammer/sword warrior fire ele support guardian
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...77797k7n7tijir

Mine was in line with that except I was only level 20~ with those except for the elite skill, which I couldn't take off. I used the sword and shield to double as chasing people to try to finish them of, and to get behind people do push them into friendlies with skill 5, then keep them there with staff skill 4.

In WvW I just happened to do a fair amount of damage, but that's probably considering how no one had many traits(and less had higher than me).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #5165
    June 2010
    1,513 Posts
    i didnt try WvW or pve this beta i think thats what ill do next one, and a bit more recording on my thief , didnt really bother binding the 7 8 9 skills but will next time

Edited:

i think i have 40 mins of thief pvp footage tried to switch to bow for a bit and sword dagger, didnt use pistols though i didnt like them. would you guys like me to annotate some of the things i do when fighting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #5166
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,596 Posts
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...0fe1f31m1n2b2e

This setup for PvP for the warrior was fucking insane. If you timed everything right you could have people down to 1/3~ish of their health (with a crit or two) before they could even move with all the knock downs and immobilizes i had. Just running around with that I probably got around 9000 glory by the end of the weekend. Was really, really fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #5167
    June 2010
    1,513 Posts
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...f4f81l1p2e2h2l

i cant remember my warrior build exactly but im sure there was a trait to occasionally give me health

was sitting at around 28khp in pvp

8. Post #5168
    October 2009
    1,865 Posts
    I've totally changed who I want to play as because of all the experimenting I did on the weekend. I'm going Human Warrior, probably sword/shield and rifle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #5169
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    before going on my thief i tried out some ele pvp. its very fast and you either die really quick or annihilate everyone
    I love it! I love Ele and I love the music!

Edited:

So what server will everyone be flooding for release? Seems like there was a lack of communication here and everyone flying anywhere was the preferred choice :v
    I agree. Next time (BWE2) we need to communicate better on which server we are going to choose. We need to get everyone on that steam group, we should all get on the voice chat.

There are two servers we should pick, not five. Then we shouldn't switch in the middle of it and only notify some people that we did this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #5170
    June 2010
    1,513 Posts
    ty bullet, next beta ill record some more ele footage for you , i have a lot of thief stuff on my hard drive , got a 9 min vid atm just need to add music, do you want me to add some text for why im doing certain things in the battle?

11. Post #5171
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    ty bullet, next beta ill record some more ele footage for you , i have a lot of thief stuff on my hard drive , got a 9 min vid atm just need to add music, do you want me to add some text for why im doing certain things in the battle?
    It's up to you. Maybe helpful for some people who aren't as experienced with those type of classes. Although I played a lot of the Elementalist and I must admit I never thought that it would be one of my favorite classes.

Before the beta I was positive I would create a ranger as my main, but now I'm really thinking about changing that to Elementalist. I absolutely loved that class so much and the versatility of it.

Edited:

I've totally changed who I want to play as because of all the experimenting I did on the weekend. I'm going Human Warrior, probably sword/shield and rifle.
    I made a list of the classes and races I wanted to make before the beta, but now it's changed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #5172
    June 2010
    1,513 Posts
    so hard to choose music for this vid

13. Post #5173
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,252 Posts

Take that Norn spirits!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny x 4Agree x 1Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #5174
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    Here are some more pictures folks:

I really do now know what's going on here and i'm not sure I want to.

Pick up the latest of Charr delicacies here at Fireclaw's Camp!

The most epic pet I've seen yet:

I really have no idea what is going on in this picture because I'm on the green team running alongside/with the red team on charge towards my own tower...

I'll post a little bit more every day. Got some really interesting ones ahead i'm sure you'll enjoy :)

Edited:

lmao I just noticed the third picture, "Rain Walker Scratches his balls".
    heheh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #5175
    October 2011
    158 Posts
    When I played with a 2h hammer warrior in PVP the control was insane. I could easily ruin a fight for the other team if I timed everything right by knocking back like 5+ people at a time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #5176
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,534 Posts
    Since GW2 takes out the trinity system. How do PVE bosses work?

Does the boss target whoevers doing the most damage? and healing is just done by the individual and with some assistance from all(?) or just some of the classes.

17. Post #5177
    June 2010
    1,513 Posts
    i think its quite random or nearest person gets hit, i didnt try any pve bosses in beta though.

18. Post #5178
    January 2010
    2,724 Posts
    Since GW2 takes out the trinity system. How do PVE bosses work?

Does the boss target whoevers doing the most damage? and healing is just done by the individual and with some assistance from all(?) or just some of the classes.
    The good bosses either have large AoE attacks or spawns monsters that can attack themselves. With that, they should aim at large groups rather than individuals.

But concerning smaller bosses, like the white rabbit event last night, I couldn't see shit so I can't tell you what it did.

19. Post #5179
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,596 Posts
    The one thing i see being a problem with bosses and such at the moment is that ranged so far seem to be much, much, much more favoured. In the final event this beta weekend it was insanely apparent that melee were completely useless against all of the moas and shit and i'm sort of afraid that's also going to be the case with some of the bigger boss fights in the game

20. Post #5180
    x 1 (list)
    September 2011
    11,372 Posts
    The one thing i see being a problem with bosses and such at the moment is that ranged so far seem to be much, much, much more favoured. In the final event this beta weekend it was insanely apparent that melee were completely useless against all of the moas and shit and i'm sort of afraid that's also going to be the case with some of the bigger boss fights in the game
    As a Guardian, I only felt effective against groups of enemies around my level. Other than that, I got destroyed.

Edited:

Finally found someone selling a Gwen doll for 18e, 15 HoM points now :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #5181
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,159 Posts
    Ok, I did not do much in questing but I think it is safe enough to say this:

It is like arenanet took all the good stuff about MMO's and improved on it and took all the "I wanted this to work so much why does it suck" stuff and fixed it and put it all into one nice little package and gave it to us.

There is one thing I dont like and that is the exchanging gems for gold. Here is what I posted on the gw2 forums:
    I exchanged some gems for gold and it is fine if you ask me. Since if you do it too much you'll get less and less money. I got 2 3 silver for 50 gems at first but then it said I'll get 2 silver and 50 copper for 50 gems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #5182
    x 1 (list)
    September 2011
    11,372 Posts
    You know, one huge issue that we didn't run into since we all trusted each other as a guild, is that it's IMPOSSIBLE to securely trade items. There's no item-for-item trading system at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #5183
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,842 Posts
    how often do you see item for item trading in the first place in mmos

its almost always item for money, and the marketplace already accomplishes that

i dont disagree though, not having a trading system was kind of awkward

24. Post #5184
    February 2011
    4,526 Posts
    This guy can't be playing GW2 now right? Has to be a recording...

http://www.own3d.tv/live#/live/282623
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #5185
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,788 Posts
    This guy can't be playing GW2 now right? Has to be a recording...

http://www.own3d.tv/live#/live/282623
    I guess, the servers should be down atm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #5186
    June 2010
    1,513 Posts

Heres the first thief vid im surprised how smooth it came out seeming fraps drops me to 24 fps in most fights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #5187
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,788 Posts
    Hm, I want to get a Guild Wars 2 avatar, any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #5188
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,789 Posts
    guild wars 2 related maybe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #5189
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,788 Posts
    guild wars 2 related maybe
    Wow, really?

Also, if you search Guild Wars 2 images at 80x80 you get the "angry sounds" avatar!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #5190
    kill yourself
    May 2008
    4,160 Posts
    When GW2 comes out we need to properly play WvsW so we don't get our asses kicked again like last time (Ring of Fire)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #5191
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,325 Posts
    When GW2 comes out we need to properly play WvsW so we don't get our asses kicked again like last time (Ring of Fire)
    How to win Wv3: Take shit when the enemy teams are sleeping or generally not around. Win forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #5192
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,279 Posts
    I think I fought against Ring of Fire once, did you fight against server Riverside?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #5193
    November 2010
    5,746 Posts
    hey we were doing well on Saturday evening

Edited:

I think I fought against Ring of Fire once, did you fight against server Riverside?
    yes we did
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #5194
    June 2010
    1,513 Posts
    i didnt even touch WvW :L mostly because i only did structured pvp i didnt want to only have lvl 2 skills

35. Post #5195
    February 2011
    4,526 Posts
    Do they rotate the servers you play against daily in WvWvW? Or was that just for the BWE they did so?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #5196
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,320 Posts
    i assume they'd rotate them on live.

37. Post #5197
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,279 Posts
    hey we were doing well on Saturday evening

Edited:

yes we did
    I was leading some zergs against you then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #5198
    January 2010
    3,948 Posts
    I feel happy i accomplished my goal set by my playing time as a warrior, i managed to kick someone off a cliff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #5199
    June 2010
    1,513 Posts
    i really want to go back on the beta and try some new specs for thief, want to try sword pistol seems like good control

40. Post #5200
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)