1. Post #4241
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,689 Posts
    Dammit, I was going to preorder today because I finally had money in my account. Now they are sold out. If I preorder it on amazon would I still get into the weekend beta?
    Just an update just in case somebody else needs to know. I got if off Green Man Gaming for 53 bucks and got a code instantly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #4242
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,261 Posts
    They are not sold out in the Netherlands..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #4243
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,771 Posts
    They are not sold out in the Netherlands..
    On the GW2 site you mean?

I've been away from this thread for a while, because it makes me sad.
    Prepurchased 2 weeks ago, and yet I still don't have the game. Bol.com is being stupid to me ._.

Oh ok I just checked the bol.com website and suddenly it added the option of buying it retail again?
    Wtf. Anyway I bought the one that's called Guild Wars 2, and paid for it, etc... But apparantly I need to get the "Guild Wars 2 - Standaard Pre-Purchase Edition".

Jessey, or anyone else... If I've pre-purchased on bol.com (And paid for it), and i were to cancel the payment, would I get my money back?
    So i can buy the other one that ships correctly, so I have the game tomorrow...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4244
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,106 Posts
    On the GW2 site you mean?

I've been away from this thread for a while, because it makes me sad.
    Prepurchased 2 weeks ago, and yet I still don't have the game. Bol.com is being stupid to me ._.

Oh ok I just checked the bol.com website and suddenly it added the option of buying it retail again?
    Wtf. Anyway I bought the one that's called Guild Wars 2, and paid for it, etc... But apparantly I need to get the "Guild Wars 2 - Standaard Pre-Purchase Edition".

Jessey, or anyone else... If I've pre-purchased on bol.com (And paid for it), and i were to cancel the payment, would I get my money back?
    So i can buy the other one that ships correctly, so I have the game tomorrow...
    I've even returned items to bol.com before and gotten my money back AFTER I've bought (and used) the object.

Though, your safest bet is to call them before you do it, they could be a bitch towards your bank/paypal about it being a fraudulent transaction or whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #4245
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,771 Posts
    I've even returned items to bol.com before and gotten my money back AFTER I've bought (and used) the object.

Though, your safest bet is to call them before you do it, they could be a bitch towards your bank/paypal about it being a fraudulent transaction or whatever.
    Ok, thanks. Apparantly the one I paid for was the one you would get when the game was released...
    So, tomorrow I'll have the game. Any link to the page where you can download the client? (If that works without having an account, anyway)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #4246
    x 1 (list)
    September 2011
    11,024 Posts
    Man, why does it start at noon? I'll be starting 2 hours after everyone else :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #4247
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    7,239 Posts
    Bad Dragon released their new Elder Dragon dildo.
    It's as large as the Burj Khalifa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #4248
    pink titles r for gaylordes
    March 2008
    4,033 Posts
    WHY do i need to know this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #4249
    x 1 (list)
    September 2011
    11,024 Posts
    Bad Dragon released their new Elder Dragon dildo.
    It's as large as the Burj Khalifa.
    Wrong thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #4250
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    https://twitter.com/#!/GuildWars2/st...87138208133120

GW2 retweeted a tweet of mine.

Too excited for Guild Wars 2? Nah...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 20Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #4251
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,141 Posts
    Haha that's just too awesome, nice one!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malta Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #4252
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    2,478 Posts
    Damn it. My hype messed with my sleep. I'm really tired now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #4253
    Newbie Programmer
    November 2009
    1,087 Posts
    https://twitter.com/#!/GuildWars2/st...87138208133120

GW2 retweeted a tweet of mine.

Too excited for Guild Wars 2? Nah...
    That was you? Sweet desk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Friendly x 1Agree x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #4254
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,771 Posts
    -Edit: Well screw you guys I didn't see the ":" and I'll be damned if i ever use twitter.-

Edit2: In conclusion, I shouldn't have said anything because I don't use Twitter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #4255
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,261 Posts
    No, it was #GuildWars2 who posted the picture.

Read the tweet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #4256
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,691 Posts
    Fine wine and dining I see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #4257
    November 2009
    1,478 Posts
    7 hours left
    better open up the game now to make sure everythings working, it took me about that long to download everything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #4258
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Fine wine and dining I see.
    Only the best for my waifu.

(I'm joking)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #4259
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    Just got mine in the mail. 'Fraid not, one of them is for a friend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #4260
    I'll do whatever you want me to do babe ;)
    September 2011
    1,780 Posts
    Just got mine in the mail. 'Fraid not, one of them is for a friend.
    Wow the standard edition looks much better than the CE. (Just my opinion)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #4261
    November 2010
    867 Posts
    2:00PM Central Time? (-5 GMT) Welp, at least I'll be home from work on time! Now watch the servers cr-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #4262
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    In case FP crashes again, I urge people to join the Facepunch GW2 steam group.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #4263
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,771 Posts
    2:00PM Central Time? (-5 GMT) Welp, at least I'll be home from work on time! Now watch the servers cr-
    FP doesn't crash for at least another 8 hours... In the last 2 days the up/down time were somewhat at around the same times, so.

I will expect more downtime in the weekends, if they persist.

24. Post #4264
    April 2007
    819 Posts
    Having played in the CBT I very much doubt that the actual servers will crash. In CBT, everyone had huge problems actually connecting to the server. ( I spammed enter for 2 hours before I got in. Then got in, created my character. The first loading screen, my game crashed... Back to spamming enter for another 20 minutes before I finally got it. )
    When I did actually get in, there was NO lag WHAT SO EVER. I mean, there weren't even the slightest hint of lag when you got in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #4265
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,656 Posts
    Could you update the Steam Groups description with which server people would likely to join on EU and US?
    Would be very helpful for newcomers!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #4266
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    5 hours left i'm so excited!!! I have remote set up on my computer at home so that I can start up the game and stuff while i'm at work. That way I can grab the latest updates and have the game up and running by the time I come home two hours later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #4267
    December 2009
    11,826 Posts
    omg omg I'm so excited
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #4268
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    Which Facepunch group are you referring to? I'm assuming the "official" http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #4269
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,699 Posts
    Fucking STOKED
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #4270
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Im on my phone right now and cant link it but go to my steam profile, its the one I am coadmin of. Alternatively, search "guild wars 2 facepunch" in steam community.

Edited:

Could you update the Steam Groups description with which server people would likely to join on EU and US? Would be very helpful for newcomers!
    Will do!

Not that one bullet100

31. Post #4271
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,138 Posts
    Wow the standard edition looks much better than the CE. (Just my opinion)

CE also gets a big metal box on release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #4272
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,771 Posts
    CE also gets a big metal box on release.
    Wait, so if I were to want a CE anyway, i could wait for release and try my luck again?

33. Post #4273
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    wake up US people!

34. Post #4274
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Wait, so if I were to want a CE anyway, i could wait for release and try my luck again?
    Doubtful, they would likely already be sold out. If you are extremely lucky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #4275
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    9,649 Posts
    So I got the preorder for 8 bucks today at gamestop, finally got something to do this weekend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #4276
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,774 Posts
    Where does it install to? I downloaded it earlier this week, but when I try and launch the gw2.exe again it's trying to redownload the entire client.

37. Post #4277
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,335 Posts
    So If I am NA, I should join Anvil Rock? Or Yak's Bend?

Or does server not matter for the guild? Will I still be able to WvWvW?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #4278
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    Made a countdown timer...trying to find one I can attach directly here using BBCode or something. Until then deal with a link:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...&sec=00&p0=179

39. Post #4279
    Tiny Bat
    March 2011
    1,806 Posts
    8 bucks? How on earth did you manage that.

40. Post #4280
    November 2009
    1,478 Posts
    So I got the preorder for 8 bucks today at gamestop, finally got something to do this weekend.
    Preorder and pre-purchase are different
    Prepurchase gets you the beta acess, 3 day head start and the heroes band item
    Preorder gets you only a 1 day head start and nothing else

You might want to check what you just paid for ($8 is fucking cheap though)

Where does it install to? I downloaded it earlier this week, but when I try and launch the gw2.exe again it's trying to redownload the entire client.
    either temp folder or downloads folder
    if its temp then it might have been wiped