1. Post #4761
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,721 Posts
    Didn't we choose Moledune as the new NA server yesterday because Anvil Rock lagged hard?
    I didn't know that happened. Also I was wondering if other servers lagged less than Anvil Rock. At least we're dominating in WvW!

Edited:

Aww terrible page king.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #4762
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,363 Posts
    Didn't we choose Moledune as the new NA server yesterday because Anvil Rock lagged hard?

Oh nvm you're talking about the DB guild.
    I'm still on Anvil Rock and it's actually not laggy anymore. Besides the frame-rates it's pretty smooth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #4763
    October 2009
    1,861 Posts
    Sooo I'm having an issue here. I crashed while playing WvW, and now I can't log back in... I know what's causing it, I read an explanation a few pages back, but is there any way to SOLVE it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4764
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,377 Posts
    FYI Trooper-guy1 is the other DB guildie :)
    I haven't gotten the chance to check the DB forums that much Trooper, so how is it going with them? Sounds like PVP is lacking but what about population and intelligence? I plan on checking up on those streams when the event is over.
    Population is decent enough. Though they stay in PvE while a few jump into WvW and PvP. Everyone seems good with PvE but only zergs appear on our side for WvW. In other words; It might be hard to find a server that is balanced between PvP and PvE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #4765
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    4,869 Posts
    Sooo I'm having an issue here. I crashed while playing WvW, and now I can't log back in... I know what's causing it, I read an explanation a few pages back, but is there any way to SOLVE it?
    Servers are down at the moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #4766
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,204 Posts

If it weren't for the UI, this would have been a great screenshot :<

Edited:

Talking about UI, does anyone know how to disable/hide it?

Hi-res button best button
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #4767
    December 2005
    7,363 Posts
    We believe the servers are down. Not many people can get back in after they get kicked off. I myself have been stuck out for the past 20 minutes.
    The forums are down too so I guess that means something is going on their end.

Edited:

Nevermind the forums seem to be up but really slow.

Edited:

Hi-res button best button
    How do you guys do that...?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #4768
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,337 Posts
    What's the solution to the "unable to complete operation" login error?

9. Post #4769
    December 2005
    7,363 Posts
    What's the solution to the "unable to complete operation" login error?
    patience.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #4770
    November 2010
    1,436 Posts
    patience.
    And something else fun to do.

11. Post #4771
    October 2009
    1,861 Posts
    Oooh, the server's down. That actually makes me feel better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #4772
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,359 Posts
    Dammit I guess I'll just have to do something stupid like study for finals

13. Post #4773
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    760 Posts

Oh nvm you're talking about the DB guild.
    I have not heard this I will switch now.

14. Post #4774
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,315 Posts
    So while the server is down, let's discuss what we have done with our time in the BWE so far. I made a Norn Guardian (can't stand the female voice) and did a few missions. Ran around trying to complete as many events as possible. Joined in on a massive event that involved attacking tat Svanir Shaman, which blew me away (also blew my armor away too, fucking repairs). Decided on being a Chef and Armorsmith for the time being (discovered Rune of Life, I felt like a champion). Realized stuff was going to be wiped so I decided to put a halt on my gal at 14 and started a Human Engineer, which is actually pretty fun. I think the premise of guns and potions is really something neat for me :v.

Edited:

I have not heard this I will switch now.
    Everyone's ditching Anvil Rock? I feel pretty comfy here though..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #4775
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,721 Posts
    I'm loving this game. The WvW is amazing, PvE is amazing, and then there's the PvP.

Holy shit balls, I love it. They could sell a standalone game that consists just of the PvP. It's so much damn fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #4776
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,574 Posts
    I'm loving this game. The WvW is amazing, PvE is amazing, and then there's the PvP.

Holy shit balls, I love it. They could sell a standalone game that consists just of the PvP. It's so much damn fun.
    Honestly i'm surprised at how balanced the structured PvP seems to be right now, being the first beta weekend for pre-purchases. They haven't had much testing and there's only a handful of abilities that i would say might be a little too powerful. Other than that it really does seem like every single class can hold it's own against every other class in the game if it's played by someone decent

17. Post #4777
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,204 Posts

How do you guys do that...?
    Go into your control list, it's something like "Take hi-resolution screenshot"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #4778
    December 2005
    7,363 Posts
    So while the server is down, let's discuss what we have done with our time in the BWE so far....

Well I was at work browsing the forums when I saw the post that the beta started early. Luckily I had just set up remote to my home computer and instantly started up the character creation. Too bad the connection was slow and completely unplayable, but atleast I created my character!

I created a Human Ranger (since I can't be Sylvari), and instantly dove into completing all the Events I could find in that area. Eventually ran out of things to do in that area and decided to group up with a few FP'ers to run around Charr territory and completed some of those event chains. Stayed up to 4am doing that and experimented with crafting a little bit.

Now i'm playing on a Norn Elementalist and absolutely loving it! I got stuck with the scepter for awhile there but once I got a staff it was instant pwnage. Just having the ability to switch between so many attunements and the different skills between each weapon and their attunements is outstanding.

I plan on playing each class (except the mesmer). I think my next one will be the Thief or Necromancer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #4779
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    760 Posts
    I've made a Charr Guardian, Human Engineer, and Human Elementalist.

The animations (especially in the close-up dialogue) are fucking amazing and so are the visuals. I also fought (and died) against that damned shaman and steamrolled some PvP and WvW matches.

Explored Divinity's Reach and took some nice screens.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #4780
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,700 Posts
    I may as well share a little story seeing as I can't log in

I was a ranger running around with a necromancer killing etins and we came across a lvl 10 elite one and we were both 8, complete strangers but we suddenly started bouncing some sick skills off on each other. We were spreading out and I saw he got hit once so I rolled over to him and used a longbow knock-back skill and slowed him so he had some breathing space etc, it was so intense and enjoyable. When we won we just bowed and claimed our skill point :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #4781
    November 2009
    1,478 Posts
    anyone know how long the servers are down for?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #4782
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,700 Posts
    Also introduced this to a good few college mates who played TOR, they are now pre-ordering after watching some videos haha

23. Post #4783
    December 2005
    7,363 Posts
    I didn't see any in-game status/notification so i'm not sure.

Edited:

although if it was like lastnights downtime/maintenance then it should only last 30 minutes.

24. Post #4784
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,783 Posts
    I've played 3 PvP matches, it was fun

Although the full-blown experience you get from the WvW is just amazing. Nothing is better than to besiege a keep or tower and prevail!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #4785
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,337 Posts
    I made a norn guardian, got into some of the world events, but then I got stuck somewhere (i couldn't move) so i went to the pvp zone, and got some pvp done. After that, i did some personal story to get gear, more events, then wvw from level 4-7. I got a greatsword and a staff, which will probably be what my build is based around. during wvw, i managed to help seige 3 towers, 1 keep, and 1 castle

I constantly used my burning/healing/aegis to give those buffs to allies, because in a massive group giving burning to EVERY member is a huge benefit over 1/5 of every hit i do.

After I logged out in wvw (which then resulted in me not being able to play that dude) i made a charr engineer, and I liked that a bit, so i went to the other classes I planned on playing, necro and thief. Necro was like the engineer, just quick check in and see if i like. (which i did)

the thief was really fun though, I went into wvw a bit earlier after doing the first personal story quests, there I found some nice armor and a sword drop. This was also when I discovered the glitch to go inside keeps/castles without knocking down the walls. after logging out (in wvw >:() i logged back into my guardian just to check if it was available, I got lucky 1st try and i moved him to hoelbrak asap. now i had planned to more in-depth check out the first guardian area, but the servers crashed and here we are now.

26. Post #4786

May 2006
    9,040 Posts
    God damn Green Man Gaming is bad, first the entire day it can't complete the purchase, and then when it finally does it does it half-assed and uses none of my credit!

27. Post #4787
    December 2005
    7,363 Posts
    For both my characters I keep getting stuck at one part of the personal story line. Even though both are completely different they both seem to have a boss that I cannot solo no matter my level (sidekicking..) Then I sit there trying to find someone to help out and no one seems to care/notice.

Maybe someone from FP would like to help or needs help with the same part(s). One is the Human part where you have to fight that centaur commander and the other is the Norn release of the Minotaurs when you turn into one of them.

28. Post #4788
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,783 Posts
    oh, and good troll tactic: If you're defending during a siege, hop down infront of the gate and plant a wall of reflection!

Everyone shooting shit at the gate will take it to their face, which ends up in hilarious kills and protecting your gate for 10 seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #4789
    December 2005
    7,363 Posts
    Hey guys, we are aware of the issues with the game and the forums. The team is working on them as fast as possible. We don't have an ETA for a fix, but we're aiming for "A.S.A.P." In the meantime, we've added more beta screenshots from our players to our Pinterest board, so feel free to take a look while you wait. http://pinterest.com/arenanetteam/ (And you're welcome to give us links to more if you'd like.) ~RB2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #4790
    November 2009
    1,478 Posts
    the Norn release of the Minotaurs when you turn into one of them.
    im at the part where you have to free the minotaur spirit from the sons of savnir
    royal pain in the ass

31. Post #4791
    December 2005
    7,363 Posts
    im at the part where you have to free the minotaur spirit from the sons of savnir
    royal pain in the ass
    Lets group together. I'm level 9. Once the servers are back up...

32. Post #4792
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,665 Posts
    royal pain in the ass
    I think I'm at the same place (Can't remember)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #4793
    November 2009
    1,478 Posts
    cool, im level 10 so once we're together there should be no troubles
    oh and RoF server?

34. Post #4794
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,665 Posts
    cool, im level 10 so once we're together there should be no troubles
    oh and RoF server?
    Yes! I'm "Thoan" in-game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #4795
    December 2005
    7,363 Posts
    Shit didn't think about server....I'm on Anvil NA :(

Edited:

Well, I'm going to venture forth into the real world and grab some grub... I'll be checking here on my phone so someone please post when the beta is back up!

36. Post #4796
    November 2008
    1,020 Posts
    On my server browser it shows that all EU servers are high or full, and all US servers are low.. is that possible?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #4797
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    4,869 Posts
    I'm lvl 8, can I help you guys with your personal story?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #4798
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,315 Posts
    royal pain in the ass
    I just leveled to 11 and kicked them around like a bunch of babbies.

Edited:

On my server browser it shows that all EU servers are high or full, and all US servers are low.. is that possible?
    That shouldn't be. Anvil Rock and few more are full.

39. Post #4799
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,460 Posts
    Anybody who hasn't started yet who would be willing to play with me? In the EU.

40. Post #4800
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    It had the opposite for me, earlier today.