1. Post #5001
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,356 Posts

Me and Hacks got stuck.
    Edited:
    Oh god the image is huge, sorry bout that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #5002
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,310 Posts
    No it doesnt wipe.

You just max at 30.

They wouldnt open the level 30 dungeon if they wiped every test.

Try getting enough people to hit 30 in 3 days just to test it every weekend.
    Huh. I was informed that characters are wiped per beta, though that does raise a good point. I suppose they meant "wipe on release".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #5003
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,351 Posts
    Join us in the Wayfarer Foothills in the norn lands for a special Beta Weekend Event finale, tonight at 11:00 p.m. PDT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #5004
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,410 Posts
    The last dye I unlock is hot pink which is a unique dye.
    Decided to give it to my friend instead along with everything all my characters own so that he can attend the ending event with a bang on my behalf as I'll be in school by the time it starts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5005
    May 2011
    80 Posts
    My guess is it is that it is free until the next BWE.
    I think that even though I can play more, I'm going to take a break, I still want all of the things in the full release to be exciting and fresh, I feel I've done an okay job reporting bugs; 6 or so. I really liked that NPC in Hoelbrak who said like 10+ pick-up lines. I think she was in the bear area of the city. Looking forward to the different races in the next beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #5006
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,157 Posts
    I reached 25 in the beta and I'm done now, too tired to continue. Did all of the Norn starting area and the second human area plus a bunch of WvWvW. I love this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #5007
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,332 Posts
    Not sure. They reset everything from CBT to Stress to BWE. Although since now the next one will also be a BWE they might keep our stuff! Possible but doubtful.
    well they kept my home server. i hope they reset those next time.

8. Post #5008
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,327 Posts
    is "Nystical.1205" in the facepunch guild? I still have the error of not being able to see it. I heard the fix is to kick the players that it is effecting (such as me) and then re-invite them.

9. Post #5009
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,351 Posts
    Shit I just found the answer to my question:

The free transfers were a limited opportunity and the cost has been reinstated.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ge/9#post61875

Can anyone spare some silver for me to transfer to Moledune please? I need about 500 more gems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #5010
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,449 Posts
    So the question is, do I want to stay up for the finale at 6 AM. Hmmm...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #5011
    January 2010
    2,716 Posts
    So the question is, do I want to stay up for the finale at 6 AM. Hmmm...
    Take a nap, that's what I'm going to do. Probably take an hour nap 1.5 hours before it starts.

12. Post #5012
    June 2010
    1,489 Posts
    gah i want to be at the finale so bad annoying that im in college all day tomorrow

13. Post #5013
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,136 Posts

Me and Hacks got stuck.
    Edited:
    Oh god the image is huge, sorry bout that.
    how to be bird pls help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #5014
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,449 Posts
    Take a nap, that's what I'm going to do. Probably take an hour nap 1.5 hours before it starts.
    Sounds like a plan! In the meantime, I shall do the assignment that is in at 3:30pm today! :D

15. Post #5015
    January 2010
    2,716 Posts
    how to be bird pls help
    You need a transformation item. I have 2 for turning into an imp. I got them from the purple chest thing that's randomly dropped in loots.

16. Post #5016
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,136 Posts
    You need a transformation item. I have 2 for turning into an imp. I got them from the purple chest thing that's randomly dropped in loots.
    is there one for a lizard i want to be a lizard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #5017
    January 2010
    2,716 Posts
    is there one for a lizard i want to be a lizard
    I imagine so, if it's anything like gw1 there's one for just about everything

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Tonic

18. Post #5018
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,356 Posts
    I sent Cotton Candy to everyone online just now, I have to go now, see you guys in the next beta and release!

Edited:

Lies I never got anything
    I tried, wouldn't let me send to you at that time for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #5019
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,327 Posts
    well i'm bored because there isn't really anything else for me to do on the beta(tested almost everything i could, made some awesome screenies, reported a lot of bugs etc.), i'm going to watch some footage while having a snack

20. Post #5020
    Swayoung
    June 2005
    579 Posts
    Got my warrior stuck in WvWvW limbo. I just hope he is out by the time of the event.

21. Post #5021
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,332 Posts
    Shit I just found the answer to my question:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ge/9#post61875

Can anyone spare some silver for me to transfer to Moledune please? I need about 500 more gems.
    why not just wait for the next test at this point? either home servers will get wiped or we'll get 2000 free gems again

22. Post #5022
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    452 Posts
    Think I'm done 'til next beta. I hope the game is better optimized for the next event, regardless, my FPS was still pretty good.

I didn't like Engineer as much as I thought I would. Ranger on the other hand, I had a blast with, the range on the longbow is ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #5023
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,327 Posts
    also, if you use the ability "next 5 attacks have bleed" and use the longbow's second ability, you can stack 5 bleeds in the timeframe of 2-3 seconds which stack in INTENSITY and last for a good 5-10 or something seconds. when you're scaled to 80, these to 2k damage a second, so *5 = 10k damage per second, and then the person is pretty much screwed

24. Post #5024
    January 2010
    5,900 Posts
    No it doesnt wipe.

You just max at 30.

They wouldnt open the level 30 dungeon if they wiped every test.

Try getting enough people to hit 30 in 3 days just to test it every weekend.
    Will the progress I make during a Guild Wars 2 Beta Event carry over when Guild Wars 2 launches?
    No. Everything will be wiped in preparation for launch.

Straight from the FAQ.

Also, do you feel they are killing PVP a bit by making everyone have the same items?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #5025
    x 1 (list)
    September 2011
    10,720 Posts

Finally done :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #5026
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,449 Posts
    Oh god, I've just realised how much I'm going to miss playing this game when this weekend is over...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #5027
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    My mom stole my copy of Ghosts of Ascalon because she was desperate for something to read.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #5028
    January 2010
    2,716 Posts

Finally done :)
    I've been trying to do that in human lands, but one of the skill point guys doesn't respawn so you can't get one from him.

really annoying seeing everything maxed except that one.

29. Post #5029
    January 2010
    5,900 Posts
    Will the progress I make during a Guild Wars 2 Beta Event carry over when Guild Wars 2 launches?

Straight from the FAQ.

Also, do you feel they are killing PVP a bit by making everyone have the same items?
    Wait disagree they killed PVP or disagree about the wipe?

30. Post #5030
    x 1 (list)
    September 2011
    10,720 Posts
    I've been trying to do that in human lands, but one of the skill point guys doesn't respawn so you can't get one from him.

really annoying seeing everything maxed except that one.
    I had the same problem with the guy in the Dome, I kept relogging until I ended up in overflow, and he was alive in that instance. Did you try that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #5031
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,437 Posts
    Wait disagree they killed PVP or disagree about the wipe?
    They're absolutely not killing PvP. PvP isn't about gear differences, PvP is about each players' individual skills in a fight. PvP never SHOULD have been based off of gear differences, and the way GW2 is doing it honestly could not be any better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #5032
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,186 Posts
    pvp is amazing, i'm wrecking everybody and carrying my team to victory by using the elixir pack on engineer. mass spam super elixir and the skill icon that sorta looks like chunks of cottage cheese to slow.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #5033
    January 2010
    3,913 Posts
    The only thing i have hated about this beta was in the instanced pvp you could only use specific weps, no greatsword for warrior /feelsbadman :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #5034
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    May 2007
    5,017 Posts

Straight from the FAQ.

Dude we were talking about during the beta, everyone knows it wipes on launch, we meant weekend to weekend.

And yes, its pretty dumb that everyone has the same items in pvp, there is like no progression in this game due to that and all the scaling, ya you can argue pvp shouldnt be about gear but gear should still matter.

If I played the game a lot and got great gear I want it to matter, I dont want some level 1 being on par with a level 80.

Its honestly like, why even bother leveling or even putting in effort to get good gear if you can just join pvp and have the same gear and all traits and skills unlocked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 2Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Informative x 1Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #5035
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,186 Posts
    do you want pvp to be unbalanced like swtor?

36. Post #5036
    November 2010
    1,418 Posts
    I am going to be heading for bed soon, so might as well finish off the beta with my perspective.

Necromancer was fun. Not loads of up front damage, but just annoyed multiple people with loads of aoe conditions.

Engineer was okay. Damage was lackluster, and the flamethrower was hard to use due to the flame at times shooting off to the side due to how my toon handled it (sometimes would hold it in the "neutral position, resulting in the flame plume being 90 degrees away from where it should be). The turrets were meh.

As a last ditch attempt to try and find something that I truly loved, I gave the warrior a shot. I had done the human starting area to death, so I tried the Charr.

HO-LY SHIT WAS IT AS FUN AS HELL. I spent 5-9pm blasting everyone to bits in Kyloh battlefield with my rifle, and cutting them to bits with sword/shield. It is everything I hoped the engineer had, and more. The story was interesting and fresh, and the characters were lovably retarded at times (Steelbane was the classic "giving a dumbass a high ranking position in the army" scenario.     I ended up killing him off, since the Charr are about shunning weak links, and I wasn't in the mood to fight his band of rebels that he would gather if I spared him to try and overthrow me. Good night sweet prince, may angels sing thee to thy rest.    )

WvW was ultra frustrating at times, as I had the unfortunate event of the entire enemy group charging at me when I was alone, but still fun with all the siege engines. (I ended up leaving anvil rock with all the lag, instead made home at scavengers causeway.)

The only thing that bugs me is that people are expecting everything to be perfect. In a beta.

"Are you allowed to do SPvP with a group, or were they too stupid to implement that?"

Other than that, A++ Game would beta test again.

37. Post #5037
    January 2010
    5,900 Posts
    Dude we were talking about during the beta, everyone knows it wipes on launch, we meant weekend to weekend.

And yes, its pretty dumb that everyone has the same items in pvp, there is like no progression in this game due to that and all the scaling, ya you can argue pvp shouldnt be about gear but gear should still matter.

If I played the game a lot and got great gear I want it to matter, I dont want some level 1 being on par with a level 80.

Its honestly like, why even bother leveling or even putting in effort to get good gear if you can just join pvp and have the same gear and all traits and skills unlocked.
    Right that's the way I'm looking at it. I feel like everyone should be brought up to a level, but at higher levels your gear is better than that or something. Face it MMOs aren't necessarily skill, no matter how much "action" it has. Its about using your abilities in some specific orders, using the right gear, and some luck.

Edited:

Guild Wars 1 PVP wasnt that unbroken, didnt need to change this much.

38. Post #5038
    January 2010
    2,716 Posts
    I had the same problem with the guy in the Dome, I kept relogging until I ended up in overflow, and he was alive in that instance. Did you try that?
    I did that a little bit, but then I just stopped because I lost interest and just went to PvP.

39. Post #5039
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    May 2007
    5,017 Posts
    No, I want all my time and effort spent gearing out my 80 that I spent a lot of time to level to matter.

Not get scaled down or be equal to some level 1 who just queued for PvP.

The whole scaling thing should be optional, it completely ruins leveling and gearing out in the long run.

You can argue its all about exploration and doing the entire world or playing with friends, but doing the same types of quests and events that just have things named differently will get very, very stale after a few months.

Ive already freed some random monsters from traps about 5 times already by level 10, killed the same centaurs for like 7 levels, and protected probably 5 different caravans which only outcome let me get like loafs of bread.

I was only level 20, imagine the next 60 levels of doing that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #5040
    November 2010
    1,418 Posts

WvW would like to have a word with you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)