1. Post #5281
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,351 Posts
    What's with the optimistic train?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #5282
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    9,529 Posts
    It's Funion train.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 10Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #5283
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,350 Posts
    I wonder how Funion chooses which threads to target. Well it looks like he left, so it'll probably be a while before he comes back.
    On topic: When do you guys think the next bwe is going to be?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #5284
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,108 Posts
    I wonder how Funion chooses which threads to target. Well it looks like he left, so it'll probably be a while before he comes back.
    During a weekend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic x 3Zing x 3Friendly x 1Informative x 1Funny x 1Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5285
    November 2010
    5,728 Posts
    During a weekend.
    nah I think it'll start on a Friday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Zing Zing x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #5286
    December 2005
    7,351 Posts
    I have a feeling it will be May 25th.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #5287
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,764 Posts
    3 weeks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #5288
    January 2010
    1,091 Posts
    i chose thread because i was going to pre order deluxe gw2 on tuesday and i had nothing better to do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic x 2Winner x 2Friendly x 1Dumb x 1Informative x 1Late x 1 (list)

9. Post #5289
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    9,529 Posts
    Funion rates the threads he surfs, like LMAO pics, LoL thread and this one. He used to optimisticate the Tribes thread but I don't think he does anymore since he doesn't play there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #5290
    January 2010
    1,091 Posts
    ok too much offtopic

in the beta weekend did you guys think conditions severely hindered people?

cause i dont wanna be spreading the common cold, i want to spread plague
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree x 2Friendly x 1Dumb x 1Informative x 1Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #5291
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,437 Posts
    ok too much offtopic

When i played a necro, in PvP my marks seemed to be the most affective. i wasn't really a great necro but if i got 3-4 marks on one person within like 4-5 seconds they would be down to like 25% HP pretty damn quickly and would be movin anywhere

Edited:

honestly i didn't know what marks did what i just put all of them down at the same time on the same person and they would be dead right away so i kept doing that and it worked wonders
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #5292
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,356 Posts
    When i played a necro, in PvP my marks seemed to be the most affective. i wasn't really a great necro but if i got 3-4 marks on one person within like 4-5 seconds they would be down to like 25% HP pretty damn quickly and would be movin anywhere

Edited:

honestly i didn't know what marks did what i just put all of them down at the same time on the same person and they would be dead right away so i kept doing that and it worked wonders
    Marks are basically mines/traps. I played necro all BWE, was having too much fun to play any other characters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #5293
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,259 Posts

Edited:

The marks were great fun especially to "scare" people back to your team for gangrape, then use the cold mark to freeze him at his place, do the other 2 and eat his face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #5294
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,591 Posts
    ok too much offtopic

Depends what conditions you mean.

I played mostly WvW, and since people were low level, they didn't have a lot of trait points yet. This means damage conditions tended to be easily ignorable for the most part.

The effect conditions however... man, they were a right pain in the ass. Especially daze, cripple and chill, for obvious reasons. Poison deserves an honorable mention, because it seemed to last ages and doesn't let you go out of combat, meaning you have to wait very long before you start to autoheal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #5295
    January 2010
    1,091 Posts
    ty for info now i am hyped to play gw2 as a human necro with my condition build

makes me cry mantears
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #5296
    November 2009
    1,465 Posts
    Marks are basically mines/traps. I played necro all BWE, was having too much fun to play any other characters.
    Definately doing necro/norn again on release.
    Axe + dagger for close combat and staff for setting down marks was a real killer in PvP.
    Causing fear on the players as they tried to enter the WvW forts is great, just seeing them turn around and get downed got me so many kills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #5297
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,310 Posts
    Depends what conditions you mean.

I played mostly WvW, and since people were low level, they didn't have a lot of trait points yet. This means damage conditions tended to be easily ignorable for the most part.

The effect conditions however... man, they were a right pain in the ass. Especially daze, cripple and chill, for obvious reasons. Poison deserves an honorable mention, because it seemed to last ages and doesn't let you go out of combat, meaning you have to wait very long before you start to autoheal.
    Conditions didn't bother me too much as a Guardian. Martyrdom and Contemplation of Purity. Chill/Freeze can go fuck itself though. I love being a Guardian :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #5298
    December 2005
    7,351 Posts
    They didn't bother me as much as they did in GW1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #5299
    January 2010
    2,716 Posts
    ok too much offtopic

Playing the Guardian, I only had the chance to really use burning, and I can shrug off just about any condition. BUT I can say that they're no way near annoying as in GW1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #5300
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,437 Posts
    in structured PvP marks helped me get away as necro quite a few times too, as there were lots of doorways that you could run through so you could just set down a few of your marks and either they would stop and try to find another way around or would run through and be slowed / take a fuck ton of damage and run away or die

needless to say, the necro was immense fun in SPvP. I hadn't gotten the chance to try it in WvW but i could tell it will be massive fun. I'll most definitely be rolling a warrior first, and i'm almost 99% sure after that BWE that i'll be rolling a necromancer 2nd after messing around with one for a while. it makes me feel like i'm in control of a situation when i can throw down a mark and make someone either stop completely and go away or die right there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #5301
    January 2010
    1,091 Posts
    Corrupt Boon: Tranforms all boons on your foe into negative conditions. 21 sec cd

Epidemic: Spread conditions on a target foe to all nearby foes. 15 sec cd

SO AMAZING HGGNHGNGHGNGGNHNHNHNHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly x 1Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1Informative x 1Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #5302
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,327 Posts
    With rerolling couldn't I use both builds (Pie108's ORIGINAL Condition build) and the Minion build I will use? And then just use the one that is more useful for the situation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #5303
    January 2010
    1,091 Posts
    (Pie108's Condition build)
    im cutting myself right now

Edited:

also i changed my build a tiny bit closer to perfection http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...h4h4h8h8h9hbhl
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly x 1Dumb x 1Funny x 1Informative x 1Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #5304
    May 2011
    80 Posts
    Speaking of Corrupt boon, one of my favorite abilities of the engineer is the elixir that turns all conditions in to boons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #5305
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,887 Posts
    I played a clone Mesmer during the beta and I had great fun with it in PvP, it was quite effective too in 1 versus 1 combat. Definitely gonna roll a Mesmer as my main on release, now I just have to decide on the race.

Edited:

I also found myself in the situation of a 1v1 against another Mesmer clone spammer. It was annoying to say the least, we both just ended up walking away because it was taking too much time.

26. Post #5306
    April 2011
    767 Posts
    anyone know when the next open beta event is?

27. Post #5307
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,332 Posts
    no. sometime in may if they keep to the schedule of "once per month"

also why isnt rating spam ban-able anymore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #5308
    January 2010
    1,091 Posts
    no. sometime in may if they keep to the schedule of "once per month"

also why isnt rating spam ban-able anymore?
    it is only ban-able if you use a script or dumb spam afaik i just have alot of extra time

also does chill increase the cooldown on weapon skills or the little skills on the side that only change to what you allot them to

or both
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #5309
    December 2005
    7,351 Posts
    Here's my daily photo barrage:

Hacks (Winner), Lance and I chillin in Wayfarer Foothills

Epic pose with elemental weapons and sweet ass Golem

Our mini collection

More pictures coming tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #5310
    January 2010
    2,716 Posts
    im cutting myself right now

Edited:

also i changed my build a tiny bit closer to perfection http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...h4h4h8h8h9hbhl
    Oh god! Why didn't I think of that?

31. Post #5311
    January 2010
    1,091 Posts
    Oh god! Why didn't I think of that?
    argh it keeps glitching up

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...h4h8h8h9hbhlhl

i changed the signet to plague signet because i had not realized the amazingness that comes with it
    also respecced 10 from soul reaping to blood magic because roll blood marks are delicious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #5312
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,017 Posts
    The past three days of my friend

"So what do you want to play?"

"Guild Wars 2."

then silence as we both realise we don't want to play our usual games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #5313
    January 2010
    1,091 Posts
    The past three days of my friend

"So what do you want to play?"

"Guild Wars 2."

then silence as we both realise we don't want to play our usual games.
    exact same thing is happening with two of my irl friends and i on skype

we are playing magicka mostly until it comes out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic x 2Friendly x 1Dumb x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #5314
    October 2011
    158 Posts
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...f4fd1k1r2b2e2l

Can you guys help me tweak this? I based it on PVP but I don't think builds will differ too much pve vs pvp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #5315
    June 2010
    1,489 Posts
    use a 2h sword and and 2h hammer, sword has best damage hammer has best control, i use a signet build on mine, seen people burst down 12khp in one bull charge hundred blades, and it hits many targets, i was running around with 29k hp and huge regens

i have changed it slightly to what i used before but you should still have like 20khp atleast regenerate health
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...1r2b2e2h2l2l2q

15 in defence regen hp determined by adren lvl, i dont use the burst skill much because greatsword auto attacks and hundred blade just hits harder anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #5316
    January 2010
    2,716 Posts
    Ok, I actually made a build, for WvW/PvP. More for WvW since I actually played that, but it should work for PvP.

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...787a7e7n7pijir

Sword - good mobility to apply blindness on key targets with skill 2, also in range for skill 3.
    Shield Couples with skill 2 to use skill 5 to push key targets around(away or closer)
    Shield skill 4 basically goes along with most/all of the traits.
    Staff for mobility and skill 4 to keep enemies away(or locked in)
    Skills 6-9 for healing, Skill 7 serves the same purpose as skill 5(but smaller)
    Skill 8 can help get out of combat(complimenting sword skill 2)

Traits are based around tanking and supporting allies around me.
    Most of the boon traits compliment with shield 4(as well as the virtues)
    Virtues trait helps keep me alive(good with traits in valor)

Basically I'm a super Warrior's banner.

37. Post #5317
    March 2012
    1,089 Posts
    Stop it Informative Man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #5318
    January 2010
    2,716 Posts
    Informative man isn't anything compared to Funion.

Wait, what, how did Funion get banned? what the shit?

39. Post #5319
    June 2010
    1,489 Posts
    do you guys see the traits im picking coming up? because i dont when i tried opening it

20 strength , major great fortitude and slashing power

10 arms deep strike

30 defence shield master , turtles defence shrug it off

10 tactics , desperate power this is really handy because u regen hp so quick you can stay at 20% for ages i was jumping from 2k to 8k hp back down back up it was crazy

greatsword, onehanded sword and shield for shield block if u get rooted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #5320
    January 2010
    1,091 Posts
    Informative man isn't anything compared to Funion.

Wait, what, how did Funion get banned? what the shit?
    i made a post that the mod took out of context but was p dumb in the first place

oh my god signet warrior build is hilarious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)