1. Post #5441
    July 2009
    1,208 Posts
    To anyone in the beta with high ping how much did it effect the game? I fear my Australian ping will strongly effect dodging/pvp. I get around 300 ping in most games on a US server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #5442
    December 2009
    822 Posts
    To anyone in the beta with high ping how much did it effect the game? I fear my Australian ping will strongly effect dodging/pvp. I get around 300 ping in most games on a US server.
    For me, the delay is just fine, not as noticeable as Raiderz (if you play the alpha), I can dodge better in GW2 than in Raiderz.

I can't say about structured PvP as I didn't try it, but I had a lot of fun in WvWvW and boss events, even with half a second delay.

I'm from Malaysia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #5443
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    Well it was terrible for me in NA during the first few hours. It was unplayable but I still played it because it was GW2 and I wasn't going to give up on it that quickly! Waiting about an hour and the latency dropped dramatically. Once it was back to normal the frame rates were the problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #5444
    June 2010
    1,491 Posts
    it was unplayable for the first few hours, went bed woke up with no lag at all really for the rest of the beta apart from occasional server lag which happened for everyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5445
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,402 Posts
    I had some FPS lag in Lion's Arch and where a lot of people were. Funny, I can play Crysis 2 on ultra settings with no FPS lag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly x 1Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #5446
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,771 Posts
    The beta was really unoptimised, but in the areas with few people you could get at least 20 fps, so assuming they perform their magical optimisation like they did with GW, I don't think fps should be too big of a problem in the release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #5447
    ASK ME ABOUT MY SAM 6420 FETISH
    July 2011
    691 Posts
    The beta was really unoptimised, but in the areas with few people you could get at least 20 fps, so assuming they perform their magical optimisation like they did with GW, I don't think fps should be too big of a problem in the release.
    I hope so, I had fps issues for the most part and my computer should have been able to run it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #5448
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,767 Posts
    I can't even remember my character's name. And I don't know any way to check other than reinstalling the game.
    Can't login without a character name, man. So, no you can't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #5449
    June 2010
    1,491 Posts
    i had over 60 fps most of the time, didnt go in wvwvw though fraps put me down to 20 but i dont have a second harddrive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree x 2Friendly x 1Agree x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #5450
    January 2010
    5,904 Posts
    i had over 60 fps most of the time, didnt go in wvwvw though fraps put me down to 20 but i dont have a second harddrive
    Ugh I think I was averaging 20-15 fps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #5451
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,315 Posts
    Likewise. It was flucuating really. Sometimes I got 20, sometimes 60.

12. Post #5452
    June 2010
    1,491 Posts
    i5 2500k gtx 460 8gb ram was what i had for beta, wouldnt mind a new graphics card now :L the parts have gone down so much in price reecently
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #5453
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,416 Posts
    Can't login without a character name, man. So, no you can't.
    I remember using my e-mail to login.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #5454
    June 2010
    1,491 Posts
    need email , password and a character name 500 more likes on gw2 and we get new art

15. Post #5455
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts

[h2] :( [/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #5456
    May 2012
    24 Posts
    GW2, was counting down the days of the Open Beta, Pre-ordered, everything set, 8pm arrives in England, Login servers down, not impressed, got in game, but wow, it was worth the wait for them 2-3 days online, such a great boost for me seeing that in personal experiences MMOs seem to have been dropping in quality. But yeahh! Can't wait for the next Open Beta Event!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #5457
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,683 Posts
    Nice first post. I like you.

I've realised after playing GW1 how fucking boring it is now. Need more beta dates info plz.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #5458
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,402 Posts

I've realised after playing GW1 how fucking boring it is now. Need more beta dates info plz.
    GW1 isn't that boring. I have over 2,000 hours on it and I still have fun playing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree x 5Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #5459
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,146 Posts
    i made a necromancer ranger in gw1 that is specced into curses and wilderness survival

DEBUFFS AND HEXES EVERYWHERE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #5460
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,315 Posts
    GW1 isn't that boring. I have over 2,000 hours on it and I still have fun playing it.
    Depends on what you're doing.

21. Post #5461
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    I'm playing PvP right now and it's pretty boring. The only reason i'm still playing in because of HoM. Although this new A/R is pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #5462
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Probably old, but apparently Arenanet has said somewhere that they have an improved chat system, but it didn't make it into the beta. Sorry, no source, I got the information secondhand, it could be false.

Also, did anybody buy a bag slot from the gem shop during the beta?
    If that account wide, or per character? (Per character would suck, it would be too much to be worth it)

23. Post #5463

May 2006
    9,037 Posts
    Is there a site up showing how different professions look on each of the races? Didn't have to play during the first beta event .

24. Post #5464
    May 2012
    24 Posts

I never really got into GW1, started with nightfall. Just put me to sleep D:

25. Post #5465
    June 2010
    1,491 Posts
    i just love the atmosphere of guild wars , just a really fun chilled game to play. also loved alliance battles

26. Post #5466
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,683 Posts
    Oh yeah NF and FA were just baaad for me. I loved Prophecies, but after clocking 1,000 hours it's a bit dry. 93% Tyria carto, too tedious to get more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #5467
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    7 hours later and 30 z-keys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #5468
    January 2010
    3,933 Posts
    I find the Beta wait an incredible eye opener into how patient i actually am, i'm so incredibly excited for the game and next beta yet i can wait for it, but my friends are tearing they're hair out ( some literally ) over waiting for it, sure i'm bored and no other game seems to fill that gap in my fun anymore but i can wait for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic x 2Friendly x 1Dumb x 1Winner x 1Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #5469
    January 2010
    2,719 Posts
    For me, playing the beta ruined my drive to play other games and thus let me do more homework for the upcoming finals.

I'm really thankful for that!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #5470
    August 2007
    1,066 Posts
    I had some FPS lag in Lion's Arch and where a lot of people were. Funny, I can play Crysis 2 on ultra settings with no FPS lag.
    It seemed to be running almost completely off CPU for BWE1. Quote from the beta forums:

"We are currently optimizing Guild Wars 2, making ongoing improvements to the gameís frame rate. Presently, the game is CPU-bound on most high-end systems, so lowering graphics settings or upgrading your video card may not have a large impact on performance."

Should be fine when we can actually use our GPUs.

31. Post #5471
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    You know I forgot to post some more pictures yesterday! Instead, have a video of me playing WvW:

32. Post #5472
    June 2010
    1,491 Posts
    oh my it looks painful to play wvw as a mele
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 2Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #5473
    January 2010
    2,719 Posts
    oh my it looks painful to play wvw as a mele
    Not really, when I played I typically stuck to the side lines to avoid the no man's land of projectile flinging and struck stragglers on the fringes. Any moves to jump into and out of the fray were really helpful too. Then again, I played a Guardian, so I sometimes got in the line of fire to put down a Wall of Reflection.

34. Post #5474
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    Oh my god I really hope this is an actual boss:

490,000 likes btw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #5475
    June 2010
    1,491 Posts
    darn you bullet

36. Post #5476
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    Mine is bigger

Edited:

(Click to zoom)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #5477
    June 2010
    1,491 Posts
    oh when i posted this it didnt show your one for me

38. Post #5478
    December 2009
    822 Posts
    During BWE1, I believe some bosses was scaled wrongly.

Me, my friends and some others (around 15-20 people) went to fight a Flame Legion Shaman (Lv7 event), and it took us around 30 minutes (2 tries) to take him down. Our attacks dealt around 30~100 damage per hit, but his health bar barely moved. We got wiped when his HP was about 5% and he regenerates his HP back to 100%.

We tried again, but this time I didn't bother to hit the shaman at all, I just focused on his constantly respawning minions and let others do the job. It was a glorious battle, and the feeling of contributing to the fight without attacking the main target is great (A nice change from other MMOs where tanker tanks, healer heals, DPS dpses)

Of course that fucker didn't drop anything for me, but it was funny seeing people celebrating and run around half naked/naked (damaged armor) after the fight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #5479
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,517 Posts
    here's hoping that the next BWE falls on victoria day / may long weekend!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #5480

May 2006
    9,037 Posts
    here's hoping that the next BWE falls on victoria day / may long weekend!
    Aaw fuck no that's when my week long fieldwork starts. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)