1. Post #7481
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    2,985 Posts
    I would too, but he's winning too hard
    maybe he's gay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic x 6Funny x 2Friendly x 1Artistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #7482
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    390 Posts
    Reminds me of the army painters from the Warhammer 40k games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #7483
    November 2010
    5,607 Posts
    I fucking loved dyeing in WAR

too bad some of the dyes were expensive as all fuck

Edited:

also loving the higher leveled armor design, maybe after release we'll have unique looking armor sets beneath level 30?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #7484
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,264 Posts
    also loving the higher leveled armor design, maybe after release we'll have unique looking armor sets beneath level 30?
    hopefully.

i got this sexy looking armor set in bwe1 and then they ditched it in bwe2 to make it look like the other medium armors :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly x 3Artistic x 1Agree x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #7485
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    784 Posts
    Wish I could complete all of the GW1 expansions before this comes out, would be nice to fill my HoM up ready. Can't express how excited I am, how does the Warrior class playout?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #7486
    August 2007
    1,014 Posts
    Wish I could complete all of the GW1 expansions before this comes out, would be nice to fill my HoM up ready. Can't express how excited I am, how does the Warrior class playout?
    Two months! That's enough time if you put your mind to it and have some free time to sink.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7487
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    22,705 Posts
    why did i even bother
    That's a good question why would you bother telling someone who obviously isn't interested that the MMO you are a fanboy of is better than the MMO he is a fanboy of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly x 1Artistic x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #7488
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,371 Posts
    I can't wait for next month.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #7489
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,974 Posts
    Subbed to the list, there's only one character name I really want, and she's going to be my main.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #7490
    Dennab
    February 2008
    10,478 Posts
    maybe he's gay
    So your dreams can come true <3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #7491
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    784 Posts
    Two months! That's enough time if you put your mind to it and have some free time to sink.
    It's difficult playing on your own, when no friends will play it with you :(

Started on Prophecies today, so hopefully I can get to NF in time. Only one I haven't completed yet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #7492
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,168 Posts
    It's too quiet in here, so experience The Great Crash of Ashford!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #7493
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    24,456 Posts
    I don't even know what's going on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic x 1Optimistic x 1Informative x 1Winner x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #7494
    August 2007
    1,014 Posts
    It's difficult playing on your own, when no friends will play it with you :(

Started on Prophecies today, so hopefully I can get to NF in time. Only one I haven't completed yet
    You should start with Nightfall, or at least go to Elona as soon as you can. Playing everything solo is easy with heroes, and you can only get heroes in Nightfall and Eye of the North.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #7495
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    969 Posts
    So I was browsing the .dat file and came across this

Looks like it's an area from Eye of the North.
    So I hit the wiki to find that in the notes "There is an unnanounced PvP map that "will be very nostalgic for GW players"
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP#Notes

I also found some storyboards.

Also bonus:

You got this wasting space too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny x 5Friendly x 1Artistic x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #7496
    December 2005
    7,168 Posts
    what...the...?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #7497
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,604 Posts
    This is obviously vital information, hidden in a picture riddle to test our resolve. We have to decipher it!

18. Post #7498
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    24,456 Posts
    upload one of the pictures (like a dropbox link to the actual file, not rehosting) and I'll tell you if there's any information in the image

though I think it's all just padding to take up the space they'd reserve for the last beta update, so there isn't a massive change in how much space the gamefiles are taking up. Think of it as ballast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly x 1Artistic x 1Informative x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #7499
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    5,827 Posts
    So I hit the wiki to find that in the notes "There is an unnanounced PvP map that "will be very nostalgic for GW players"
    we already know what that will be, they're remaking one of the GvG maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #7500
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    969 Posts

Wish I could extract the textures at the same time, but I can't, and it's harder to find where their textures are stored. So lets play a guessing game! (already know what they look like with the textures on)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #7501
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,145 Posts
    If anything, those images are probably references for stuff like skies and lighting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly x 1Artistic x 1Informative x 1Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #7502
    November 2009
    1,403 Posts
    So I was browsing the .dat file and came across this
    definately one of the GvG maps
    Think it's Hunters Isle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 1Artistic x 1Agree x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #7503
    December 2005
    7,168 Posts

Wish I could extract the textures at the same time, but I can't, and it's harder to find where their textures are stored. So lets play a guessing game! (already know what they look like with the textures on)
    Bow (I've seen this before but cannot find the name)
    Statue weaing Caudecus's Manor's unique armor
    Orrian Baby Chicken
    Dwarf?
    Balthazar?
    Ameranth?
    Pet Owl or Owl Tonic
    Ameranth's hound, Anna
    Hammock
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #7504
    Since today every MMO almost involves micro-transactions, I assume GW2 has none?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #7505
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,966 Posts
    Of course it has
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #7506
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,659 Posts
    Since today every MMO almost involves micro-transactions, I assume GW2 has none?
    It has a shop for cosmetic items, dye packs, things like XP boosts, and keys for mystic chests (think TF2. Except you can get keys from the chests too, and in game, so you don't need to buy any).
    You buy stuff from the shop with gems, which you can (very easily I might add) buy with in game gold.

And nothing affects gameplay in WvW or PvP, to keep things fair.

27. Post #7507
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,974 Posts
    It does, but it's a lot less noticeable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #7508
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    969 Posts
    Bow (I've seen this before but cannot find the name)
    Statue weaing Caudecus's Manor's unique armor
    Orrian Baby Chicken
    Dwarf?
    Balthazar?
    Ameranth?
    Pet Owl or Owl Tonic
    Ameranth's hound, Anna
    Hammock
    The texture indicates stone dwarf. ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #7509

December 2011
    606 Posts
    The texture indicates stone dwarf. ;)
    Yeah,    since pretty much every non-stone summit dwarf took the Rite of the Great Dwarf in GW:EN, and turned into stone.
    Having dwarf that is not stone dwarf in gw2 would not make much sense, since the stone summits were xenophobic and most likely pretty rare by the time of gw2. 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #7510
    December 2005
    7,168 Posts
    Damn somebody know's his lore! Although what about rogue dwarfs? :p

31. Post #7511
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,311 Posts
    Alright, finally preordered. Now I gotta do some HoM stuff to get my rewards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 1Artistic x 1Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #7512
    November 2009
    1,403 Posts
    Damn somebody know's his lore! Although what about rogue dwarfs? :p
    There werent really any rogue dwarfs, any that weren't allied to King Ironhammer was a part of the Stone summit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 1Artistic x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #7513

December 2011
    606 Posts
    There werent really any rogue dwarfs, any that weren't allied to King Ironhammer was a part of the Stone summit.
    There might have been couple ones, namely   those three ones that are in Winds of Change, in the tunnels in that one quest (can't remember its name, sorry).
    The winds of change happens after GW:EN in the timeline, and since slavers exile has been purged and Duncan The Black is dead, Stone summit has no leader.
    Those three that are at cantha are still unaffected and quite free to do as they please, even though Stone Summit doesn't have leader anymore, as far as we know.

There are also those Stone Summits that did not follow Duncan to Slavers exile after fall of sorrows furnace, they [B]could[/B] be considered rogue dwarfs. They would be scattered somewhere underground. 

Still, no major faction, just scattered individuals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly x 1Artistic x 1Informative x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #7514
    December 2005
    7,168 Posts
    You never know there could be a huge civilization built after those 250 years underground! We can only hope.

35. Post #7515
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,476 Posts
    expansion material right there folks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 1Agree x 1Artistic x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #7516
    November 2009
    1,403 Posts
    dammit now i gotta finish winds of change along with war in kryta

37. Post #7517
    December 2005
    7,168 Posts
    WoC and WiK aren't that important in my opinion...Not to mention how hard they are!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #7518
    November 2009
    1,403 Posts
    Blog post
    The Golden Rules of Guild Wars 2
    http://www.arena.net/blog/the-golden...f-guild-wars-2

Hard to describe what its about.
    Mostly a nice read if your curious about the game, it also shows what the developers expect of the players (by playstyle and conduct (I don't mean rules)).

39. Post #7519
    December 2005
    7,168 Posts

(Thanks Florem)

40. Post #7520
    December 2005
    7,168 Posts
    I'm just going to remove this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)