1. Post #9201
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,214 Posts
    Wonder when we can download the retail client/update to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #9202
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,453 Posts
    The factions were united and the non-human races were cast out of cantha. The Jade sea and Petrified forest still remain. Chances are it would be a story that focuses on the Tengu wanting to reclaim their homeland. Might include the Naga.
    I doubt the Jade Sea and Echovald Forest will still be in their petrified state.

If you played Winds of Change at all in the first one you hear reports of waves moving underneath the jade and plant life growing normally in the forest. And that's only 7-8 years after the banishment/death of Shiro Tagachi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #9203
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,258 Posts
    Then while everyone is out, you'll be inside with all the bandwith? i see no problem here!
    I'll just stick my laptop (insert laptop hardware discussion here*) in the backroom of my store and run through character creation

In all seriousness, lets hope they open the servers at midnight instead of 10am.

*i5 2430M @ 2.4 GHz
    Nvidia GT 540M
    6GB RAM
    640GB HDD partitioned into OS (name: Barley) and Data (name: Hops) sections. The computer itself is named Kegerator.

Edited:

I doubt the Jade Sea and Echovald Forest will still be in their petrified state.

If you played Winds of Change at all in the first one you hear reports of waves moving underneath the jade and plant life growing normally in the forest. And that's only 7-8 years after the banishment/death of Shiro Tagachi.
    The echovald forest was pretty green and verdant from what I remember of it. Sure the trees were dead but there was moss/grass and small shrubs all over the place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #9204
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    Yeah I was trying to determine what time they would do launch. Would they do it the same time they opened the beta's?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #9205
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,258 Posts
    There is nothing to suggest that they wouldn't do a 10am start since that is when all the other BWEs started.

We should probably ask them if they have anything planned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #9206
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    10am start in your timezone? I thought it was 12pm PST?

Oh and what about when they will allow us to pick up retail CE?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #9207
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,258 Posts
    10am start in your timezone? I thought it was 12pm PST?

Oh and what about when they will allow us to pick up retail CE?
    You're right, it was 12pm.

And according to their twitter, they have not yet announced a time as to when headstart will start.

8. Post #9208
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,958 Posts
    You're right, it was 12pm.

And according to their twitter, they have not yet announced a time as to when headstart will start.
    how about right now

i'll be down for that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9209
    x 1 (list)
    September 2011
    11,424 Posts
    how about right now

i'll be down for that
    Anyone else unable to get on? I'm missing the 28-day head start!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #9210
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    Anyone else unable to get on? I'm missing the 28-day head start!

No luck here... Servers must be jammed.

Edited:

4:44 PM - BTYM: How's the 28-day head start
    4:45 PM - Bullet_Catcher*: can't log in
    4:45 PM - Bullet_Catcher*: must be down for you too?
    4:45 PM - BTYM: yeah man I dunno what's going on
    4:46 PM - Bullet_Catcher*: login servers must be down from all the attempts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #9211
    June 2011
    588 Posts
    If I'm on an US server and I use guesting to join a friend in europe, can I then join him in sPvP?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #9212
    x 1 (list)
    September 2011
    11,424 Posts
    I was thinking, since I want to always have my fingers on WASD, that I could use scroll click, M4, and M5 with key modifiers for all my skills plus dodging. I'd have 12 different combinations I could make easily without taking any finger off of WASD.

edit: in stead of awkward CTRL + shift modifiers, I also have two out of five macro keys that are easy to hit with my pinky finger

13. Post #9213
    November 2009
    1,486 Posts
    Blog post
    Post beta link round up
    http://www.arena.net/blog/link-round...tion#more-9119

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #9214
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    18,023 Posts
    Is that the nightmare berserker? He is a pain in the ass to kill with all his buddies around him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #9215
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,452 Posts
    GW1 related question here. I just got a miniature Gwen, should I sell it? I already have the unique minipet filled out in the HoM.

16. Post #9216
    x 1 (list)
    September 2011
    11,424 Posts
    GW1 related question here. I just got a miniature Gwen, should I sell it? I already have the unique minipet filled out in the HoM.
    If you need the money, yeah. Sell it and buy a dedicated version if you really like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

17. Post #9217
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    To anyone that got Digital Deluxe or Collectors Edition: if for some wonderful reason you decide to use your tome of influence for the FP guild, pm me or one of the officers about it before hand.
    I'd like to keep a list and try to do something nice for whoever donated theirs, someday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #9218
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    Edited:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #9219
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    Is there a list of people who have DE/CE?
    I don't think a list for that is really necessary or useful.

20. Post #9220
    x 1 (list)
    September 2011
    11,424 Posts
    Is there a list of people who have DE/CE?

Edited:

I will have a Tome to use for the guild.
    Collector's Edition is a myth

21. Post #9221
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    Collector's Edition is a myth
    Well that's a bother.

Since the thread is quiet, what are people going to choose for their main's crafting disciplines?
    I think I will go for Artificer and Chef. Magical weapons, plus potions, as well as all the foods from Chef. Consumables out the wazoo

Edited:
    Actually, potions are kinda worthless now that I look at them. It's almost all just +damage % vs a specific kind of monster. I can't carry around a hundred different potions for all the monsters I fight.
    Maybe Tailor. Having bags and new armor is always nice.

22. Post #9222
    June 2010
    1,514 Posts
    armorsmith and jeweller or chef. My friends probably going to go light armour and artificer.

Day one im also going to probably buy 4 bank tabs(30 slots each)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #9223
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,707 Posts
    That's a good thought...

I'm terrible with consumables. I rarely ever use them because I figure there will be a better time soon, but then I end up leveled past the stuff so much that it's nigh useless and I just toss it

but the DYES

and that chef costume looked cute on the asura, should have grabbed a screencap

then again, I'm usually one to focus on self-sustaining equipment junk, so my elementalist would probably do tailoring, especially since tailoring yields bags and such. I could go back to make bags for alts and friends at any time so that'd be a great one.

For secondary, maybe weaponsmith since I can (and do) use daggers, and other weapons would be handy to just sell for extra change

wait, I don't remember, is dye character-bound or account-bound?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #9224
    June 2010
    1,514 Posts
    That's a good thought...

I'm terrible with consumables. I rarely ever use them because I figure there will be a better time soon, but then I end up leveled past the stuff so much that it's nigh useless and I just toss it

but the DYES

then again, I'm usually one to focus on self-sustaining equipment junk, so my elementalist would probably do tailoring, especially since tailoring yields bags and such. I could go back to make bags for alts and friends at any time so that'd be a great one.

For secondary, maybe weaponsmith since I can (and do) use daggers, and other weapons would be handy for my secondary.

Placing four dyes into the Mystic Forge to create a new account bound dye.
    Sometimes Unidentified Dye drops from gathering or mobs which when used become a random dye.
    Dyes can be acquired via the cooking crafting skill.
    Purchased from other players though the Trading Post
    There are 390 different colors of dye. All acquired dye can be viewed via the equipment tab on the hero panel interface.

Thats what the wiki says, 390 dyes too its going to be like pokemon all over again.

i also got dyes from pvp chests but i think they were account bound.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #9225
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    I don't think a list for that is really necessary or useful.
    I know I'm more curious than anything. I want to know if my fellow FP'ers are as excited about the game as I am!

Edited:

That's a good thought...

but the DYES

For secondary, maybe weaponsmith since I can (and do) use daggers, and other weapons would be handy to just sell for extra change

unid or id dyes are not bound, but once you use one it's soulbound.

Edited:

Well that's a bother.

Since the thread is quiet, what are people going to choose for their main's crafting disciplines?
    I think I will go for Artificer and Chef. Magical weapons, plus potions, as well as all the foods from Chef. Consumables out the wazoo

Edited:
    Actually, potions are kinda worthless now that I look at them. It's almost all just +damage % vs a specific kind of monster. I can't carry around a hundred different potions for all the monsters I fight.
    I'm going to choose Leatherworking, Huntsman and Chef/Cooking on my main (Ranger). My brother will be doing Weaponsmith and Jewelcrafting so that we can share stuff with each other.

26. Post #9226
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,258 Posts
    To anyone that got Digital Deluxe or Collectors Edition: if for some wonderful reason you decide to use your tome of influence for the FP guild, pm me or one of the officers about it before hand.
    I'd like to keep a list and try to do something nice for whoever donated theirs, someday.
    I'll probably be contributing my tome to the FP guild. My reasoning is that its best that everyone throw it towards the larger guild as opposed to just guilds full of friends so we can get upgrades faster.

Well that's a bother.

Edited:
    Leathersmith for medium armour and bags, huntsman for rifles and pistols.

But I found that it was really difficult to gather leather compared to wood and metal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #9227
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,315 Posts
    They did so many things right

Crafting doesn't require you to go back and forwarth with storage, you can deposite from anywhere into storage, you can access the Trading Post from anywhere to Buy and Sell

There needs to be an audible chime or something when you click buy, though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #9228
    x 1 (list)
    September 2011
    11,424 Posts
    Forwarth?

29. Post #9229
    January 2010
    2,725 Posts

That's the Dahaka. The prince better get running.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

30. Post #9230
    November 2010
    1,450 Posts
    Huntsman and leatherworking. I plan on being self sufficient, and changing to chef from huntsman when I no longer need the gear.

31. Post #9231
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,322 Posts
    I tried leather-working and huntsman up to 50 in BWE1 and I found the items I could craft were worse than what I found elsewhere. I never did any crafting in the next two BWEs because of this. It has most likely changed since then but I was rather disappointed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #9232
    July 2009
    1,398 Posts
    Armorsmith and weaponsmith.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #9233
    January 2011
    2,301 Posts
    Have we decided what US FP is playing on yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #9234
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,142 Posts
    (GW1)Anyone working towards the Protector of Elona title that needs to master: Dasha Vestibule or Nundu Bay? Having trouble with my horrible heroes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malta Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #9235
    November 2011
    115 Posts
    (GW1)Anyone working towards the Protector of Elona title that needs to master: Dasha Vestibule or Nundu Bay? Having trouble with my horrible heroes.
    Let's do this. add Nacho Does Healing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #9236
    December 2005
    7,376 Posts
    I tried leather-working and huntsman up to 50 in BWE1 and I found the items I could craft were worse than what I found elsewhere. I never did any crafting in the next two BWEs because of this. It has most likely changed since then but I was rather disappointed.
    I got to level 100 something in BWE2 and was able to make som good upgrades for myself and fellow guildies/FP'ers.

Edited:

Have we decided what US FP is playing on yet?
    I don't think it's 100% confirmed/decided yet until we get the official server list, but we will probably choose Gates of Madness like BWE3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #9237
    Emz
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,318 Posts
    Is there quite a lot of people in the Europe part of the guild? I played solo in all the BWE's but wouldn't mind having people to play with sometimes.

38. Post #9238
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,214 Posts
    Is there quite a lot of people in the Europe part of the guild? I played solo in all the BWE's but wouldn't mind having people to play with sometimes.
    Yup
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #9239
    Emz
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,318 Posts
    Great, filled in the signup form then. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #9240
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    It's roughly half and half from what I can tell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)