1. Post #1041
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,260 Posts
    He may not be bad but his video quality is ^^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Zing Zing x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #1042
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,888 Posts
    Not that I don't believe you, I'm just curious of your source?
    The WvW AMA on Reddit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #1043
    moo
    November 2006
    4,801 Posts
    I hope we can pre-order soon, next Sunday is my birthday and all I'd want is Guild Wars 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #1044
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,929 Posts
    I hope we can pre-order soon, next Sunday is my birthday and all I'd want is Guild Wars 2.
    Happy Birthday!
    Mine was just yesterday, I'm building a new computer so that I can play GW2 in sexy quality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #1045
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    Happy Birthday! :D I hope you get into the beta that weekend ^^

Edited:

Happy Birthday!
    Mine was just yesterday, I'm building a new computer so that I can play GW2 in sexy quality.
    What specs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #1046
    November 2010
    867 Posts
    Where are you from that you can't pre-order yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #1047
    Self-Boosting Retard
    February 2010
    1,241 Posts
    The GW2 site itself doesn't have any preorder info or a set release date, or information on whether or not there will be collector's editions or anything like that. I think a lot of people would want to hold off until more information about the release is around, myself included.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #1048
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,402 Posts
    Where are you from where you can pre-order?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #1049
    November 2010
    867 Posts
    GameStop can take pre-orders apparently...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1050
    pink titles r for gaylordes
    March 2008
    4,032 Posts
    I always only PvP-ed in MMO's so i will love this. Also when is this planed to be released? Q2 or?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #1051
    Self-Boosting Retard
    February 2010
    1,241 Posts
    Where are you from where you can pre-order?
    Amazon's got it up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #1052
    October 2011
    158 Posts
    did you ever play Dark Age of Camelot? it's pretty much universally agreed to have the best WvW-style pvp and GW2 has taken a massive amount of influence from it, right down to not displaying nameplates for enemy invaders.

It's a known issue and they've already fixed it, it was one of the first things they fiddled with after the beta.
    DAoC definitely had great PvP and if GW2 ends up being anything like it then we are looking at some seriously awesome battles.

13. Post #1053
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,402 Posts
    I always only PvP-ed in MMO's so i will love this. Also when is this planed to be released? Q2 or?
    TBA 2012.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #1054
    January 2010
    2,719 Posts
    GOTY 2017
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #1055
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,508 Posts
    needs more warrior PvP videos from the press weekend plox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #1056
    March 2010
    421 Posts
    needs more warrior PvP videos from the press weekend plox
    Yeah, I definitely think I'm going to be a warrior because they can use almost every weapon...but some of the moves don't look that exciting. I want to see some footage that makes me pumped.

17. Post #1057
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,479 Posts
    Pretty sure this is coming out this summer as they planned to ramp up the beta a ton between now and the end of April I think.

So it isn't unwise to think it may come out soon after.

Anyways I'm thinking I'm gonna go elementalist. Not 100% sure yet. I just hope there isn't one really OP class like pallys were in WoW for awhile
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #1058
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,508 Posts
    part 2 of that world vs world video from yogcast

I'm glad that the servers will change based on skill and stuff from previous battles, so hopefully that will stop most of the steam rolling fests that I was anticipating

Edited:

Anyways I'm thinking I'm gonna go elementalist. Not 100% sure yet. I just hope there isn't one really OP class like pallys were in WoW for awhile
    oh god pre-bc and BC days with paladin was the best time of my life. there will inevitably be unbalanced classes that are better than others, but it's like that in every MMO and there's nothing they can really to do make everything PERFECTLY balanced
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #1059
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,479 Posts
    yeah I'm guessing all the servers with huge guilds will quickly bubble up to the top and leave the servers with lone wolfers alone

20. Post #1060
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,508 Posts
    i'm gonna join the recommended PvP server and hopefully it's the biggest north american one right off the bat so i can just ride my way to the top like the scrub that i am
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #1061
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,362 Posts
    yeah I'm guessing all the servers with huge guilds will quickly bubble up to the top and leave the servers with lone wolfers alone
    This is what most of us expect to happen but I really hope it doesn't. Ruins PVP imo.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #1062
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,508 Posts
    This is what most of us expect to happen but I really hope it doesn't. Ruins PVP imo.
    honestly i think that'd be a good idea, that means that the bad servers will be matched with other bad servers. i don't think it'd be so fun if you're on a bad server and you have to face two of the the top PvP servers and you get dominated, they're doing it so it's balanced in terms of general server skill

23. Post #1063
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,715 Posts
    part 2 of that world vs world video from yogcast

I'm glad that the servers will change based on skill and stuff from previous battles, so hopefully that will stop most of the steam rolling fests that I was anticipating

Edited:

oh god pre-bc and BC days with paladin was the best time of my life. there will inevitably be unbalanced classes that are better than others, but it's like that in every MMO and there's nothing they can really to do make everything PERFECTLY balanced
    A Charr warrior with a hammer (like in these videos) are really badass. I'm not generally a fan of two handed weapons, especially hammers, but something is especially badass about them in these videos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #1064
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,800 Posts
    A Charr warrior with a hammer (like in these videos) are really badass. I'm not generally a fan of two handed weapons, especially hammers, but something is especially badass about them in these videos.
    Yeah, the hammers seem to have a real impact when you hit the ground with them, pretty awesome. Charr warrior is definitely on my list of characters I have to make.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #1065
    moo
    November 2006
    4,801 Posts
    honestly i think that'd be a good idea, that means that the bad servers will be matched with other bad servers. i don't think it'd be so fun if you're on a bad server and you have to face two of the the top PvP servers and you get dominated, they're doing it so it's balanced in terms of general server skill
    But even if you're on a bad server and fighting other bad servers, you'd be stuck on that bad server. You as an individual can't advance to fight for a better server that will probably be using more advanced tactics. You'd have to hope that every other person on your server can get better if you want to advance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #1066
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    I'm thinking elementalist or mesmer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #1067
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,479 Posts

Edited:

how does it ruin pvp if your server isn't constantly doing bad?

28. Post #1068
    June 2011
    8,700 Posts
    But even if you're on a bad server and fighting other bad servers, you'd be stuck on that bad server. You as an individual can't advance to fight for a better server that will probably be using more advanced tactics. You'd have to hope that every other person on your server can get better if you want to advance.
    This is why you join up with an organized PVP guild instead of just picking a random server.

There are lots of pvp guilds from multiple MMOs that are going to be playing GW2, it should be easy to find one.

29. Post #1069
    January 2010
    2,719 Posts
    You can change servers. There's just a cool down before you can join a WvWvW.

30. Post #1070
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,479 Posts
    You can change servers. There's just a cool down before you can join a WvWvW.
    A couple of pages ago someone said it cost money to change your world server (which server you fight with in PvP) but PvE changes were free. That sounds more plausible to me than just letting everyone stack on one PvP world with cool downs. dunno if he posted a source though, either way if you want to do serious organized PvP find a guild and know what server they're joining on launch

31. Post #1071
    moo
    November 2006
    4,801 Posts
    A couple of pages ago someone said it cost money to change your world server (which server you fight with in PvP) but PvE changes were free. That sounds more plausible to me than just letting everyone stack on one PvP world with cool downs. dunno if he posted a source though, either way if you want to do serious organized PvP find a guild and know what server they're joining on launch
    I don't think there is a source for the changing servers costing money. But the recent AMA on Reddit done by one of the devs stated that they don't know if there will be a way to switch your "main" server for the WvW, or how it would be done.

And I guess I'll look into organized guilds, I've never been much of a guild person(In fact I've never truly played a big MMO) I don't like having a guild tag on my name. But if Guild Wars 2 turns out to be as amazing as it looks then I can live with being in a guild.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #1072
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,479 Posts
    not all guilds require a tag, I think that's usually clans in FPSs and shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 2Winner x 1Friendly x 1Informative x 1Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1073
    January 2010
    2,719 Posts
    The videos from the beta had tags at the end of the character's names. That's it. They're all in [ ] and if it's the same as GW1 there's a max of 4 characters.

34. Post #1074
    August 2009
    855 Posts
    This is kinda out of place for this thread, but I don't know where else to ask, and I can't find information from the bit that I've searched.

What is NCSoft's relationship with ArenaNet like? I mean, I've never heard any claim that NCSoft changed anything about Guild Wars. In most other games, I see people commenting on the publisher possibly affecting things, but I don't think I've ever seen NCSoft really mentioned at all regarding GW2. The game has been in development for a really long time, and its never been mentioned that they are trying to move the development process along, etc.

Does NCSoft just entirely leave everything to ArenaNet, and hope they return enough profits? What exactly is their role in the creation process and management of this game? You could just link me to an article or something if you know of one. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #1075
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #1076
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,929 Posts
    This is kinda out of place for this thread, but I don't know where else to ask, and I can't find information from the bit that I've searched.

What is NCSoft's relationship with ArenaNet like? I mean, I've never heard any claim that NCSoft changed anything about Guild Wars. In most other games, I see people commenting on the publisher possibly affecting things, but I don't think I've ever seen NCSoft really mentioned at all regarding GW2. The game has been in development for a really long time, and its never been mentioned that they are trying to move the development process along, etc.

Does NCSoft just entirely leave everything to ArenaNet, and hope they return enough profits? What exactly is their role in the creation process and management of this game? You could just link me to an article or something if you know of one. Thanks.
    In ANet's case they are mainly just publishers. That's really all that I know them as. A huge problem with getting people interested in GW2 for me is that ANet is associated with NCsoft. NCsoft have had some problems in the past with backing unsuccessful MMOs and that's really all they're known for.

37. Post #1077
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,888 Posts
    I don't think there is a source for the changing servers costing money.
    It's already been officially confirmed that there will be a fee to change your 'home' server, it was in the WvW blogpost. They really want to discourage people from just server-hopping to the best WvW server. If your server isn't doing so well in WvW then it doesn't matter because you'll get matched up with other equally bad people.

They're officially an "independent financial subsidary". Basically NCSoft just chucks money at them to do whatever they want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #1078
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,260 Posts
    It's already been officially confirmed that there will be a fee to change your 'home' server, it was in the WvW blogpost. They really want to discourage people from just server-hopping to the best WvW server. If your server isn't doing so well in WvW then it doesn't matter because you'll get matched up with other equally bad people.

They're officially an "independent financial subsidary". Basically NCSoft just chucks money at them to do whatever they want.
    I suppose those guys had a massive budget and masses amount of time to make gw2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #1079
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,710 Posts
    Mesmer looks fun as hell to play, and seems to be one of the more complex/challenging classes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #1080
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,101 Posts
    GuildWars2: No #GuildWars2 beta invites have been sent out as yet, more news to follow this week :) ~AT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative x 3Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Agree x 1 (list)