1. Post #1401
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,888 Posts
    I'm excited for the skins and loot in dungeons, but I hope some of the huge open world bosses have some sort of unique loot/token that can be exchanged for armor and weapons that are specific to that boss.

Not sure how it would work though seeing as events that lead up to the boss would be a large chain and you would need to repeat the chain to get enough tokens for the gear.
    They're specifically avoiding that so people don't grind for a specific event, or get mad at people who are preventing that event. You just get gold, xp and karma (a lot of it!) like every other event. It's possible you could open up a new merchant that sells unique loot that way though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #1402
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,345 Posts
    Grinding in an MMO? What's that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #1403
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,026 Posts
    A cancer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #1404
    December 2005
    7,345 Posts
    :eek:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #1405
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    872 Posts
    Well I guess the GW2 "endgame(though anyone can join)" will probably be the dragons, which is what the story is themed around, having read the books etc. Arenanet didn't want to limit anyone, so I don't think there will be any "endgame" that will require you to be X skilled and Y geared. It will mostly just require people working together.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #1406
    January 2010
    3,889 Posts
    ^

Which is how MMO's should be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #1407
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,664 Posts
    Wonder if I can go the whole game without changing from noob armour. I'll give it a go when it gets released :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #1408
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    The style of the noob armor, or the stats?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #1409
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,095 Posts
    Don't know about anyone else but I found grinding in MMO's relaxing/therapeutic at times, just play some nice music and do some quests.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #1410
    April 2010
    1,780 Posts
    This game gives me hope for the future of MMO's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #1411
    January 2010
    2,710 Posts
    Wonder if I can go the whole game without changing from noob armour. I'll give it a go when it gets released :D
    I've been using the wanderer armor since the very beginning. I think I upped it to +5 though. Currently I'm on Gwyn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Funny x 1Dumb x 1Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #1412
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    Don't know about anyone else but I found grinding in MMO's relaxing/therapeutic at times, just play some nice music and do some quests.
    But the times when it wasn't relaxing were pure hell, am I correct?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #1413
    January 2010
    2,710 Posts
    ~Wait a minute, I thought this was the Dark Soul's thread.

Broke my automerge...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #1414
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,095 Posts
    But the times when it wasn't relaxing were pure hell, am I correct?
    I wouldn't say pure hell, but mundane, I see your point.
    Was always cool playing WoW at night cruising around Zangamarsh or Netherstorm with some ambient music back in the Burning Crusade days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #1415
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    Sounds like a massive waste of time.

Even for a video game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #1416
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,714 Posts
    The style of the noob armor, or the stats?
    Probably the stats, since you can get stone things that let you change the look of your armor to that of any other armor you've found.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #1417
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,403 Posts
    Probably the stats, since you can get stone things that let you change the look of your armor to that of any other armor you've found.
    I want that, because I hate having pauldrons that make me look like all I do is deltoid workouts at the gym
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #1418
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,908 Posts

Even for a video game.
    What does that even mean?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #1419
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,026 Posts
    What does that even mean?
    He's been shitposting in GW2 threads for like, the past year.
    Best to just rate dumb&ignore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree x 3Funny x 2Winner x 1Friendly x 1Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #1420
    December 2005
    7,345 Posts
    I like ice cream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #1421
    September 2008
    2,402 Posts
    I don't know, cruising(   sittin in a chair   ) in a game seems like a colossal waste of life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #1422
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    872 Posts
    I like ice cream.
    Me too! I had some the other day, perhaps I'll have some more this weekend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #1423
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,534 Posts

Even for a forum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #1424
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts

Even for a forum.
    I don't know, man. Things could get pretty boring at work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #1425
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,963 Posts
    I set-up a pre-order for this on Game some week ago, I really can't wait until the release date is announced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1426
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,754 Posts
    Get any bonuses from pre-ordering?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #1427
    August 2007
    1,055 Posts
    Get any bonuses from pre-ordering?
    There better be a soundtrack. I'll be throwing cash at Anet for the biggest collector's edition available. I need GW2 swag!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #1428
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,908 Posts
    I set-up a pre-order for this on Game some week ago, I really can't wait until the release date is announced.
    Is the game up for preorder anywhere else or is it just pre-pre-order.

29. Post #1429
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,754 Posts
    There better be a soundtrack. I'll be throwing cash at Anet for the biggest collector's edition available. I need GW2 swag!
    *Shut up and take my money!* principle? I agree.
    When GW2 is released I'll buy it, get me some char slots, and see what else is worth buying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #1430
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,410 Posts
    *Shut up and take my money!* principle? I agree.
    When GW2 is released I'll buy it, get me some char slots, and see what else is worth buying.
    Even if the collectors edition was +10$ and only came with a piece of paper that said thanks I'd still get it over the normal edition.

That said, I'm hoping for a soundtrack, some sort of physical object (t-shirt etc.) and in-game extra.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #1431
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,205 Posts
    Is there any way to get into the beta? I wasn't home durin the 24 hours :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #1432
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,410 Posts
    I recall them saying somewhere that there will be a signup to every new beta event and that previous signups carry over.

Other than that, your only hope is to pretty much find someone from ArenaNet and bend over.

Edited:

Also, it was 72+ hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #1433
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,754 Posts
    Like that fire imp summoning stone which can be used an infinite number of times?

Edited:

Beg people who get 2 keys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #1434
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,908 Posts
    I changed computers since I signed up. I hope that won't matter too much.

35. Post #1435
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,026 Posts
    I recall them saying somewhere that there will be a signup to every new beta event and that previous signups carry over.

Other than that, your only hope is to pretty much find someone from ArenaNet and bend over.

Edited:

Also, it was 72+ hours.
    Here's to hoping there wont be more than 1 or maybe 2 beta events.

36. Post #1436
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,664 Posts
    Well considering there has already been a press beta, and they already did signups for another beta, and I THINK there was another one before press, there are already 3. I also recall reading that more are coming through the months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #1437
    December 2005
    7,345 Posts
    I don't think they will have more sign ups until those million people who did sign up have been gone through.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #1438
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,061 Posts
    They might have another sign-up opportunity, but as far as I know if you signed up already then you're signed up for all beta events.

Although because so many people signed up they might not bother opening signups again, and just take a different group from the original signups because they hate you and you personally, Killuah.

Edited:

I changed computers since I signed up. I hope that won't matter too much.
    It does, you're not getting into the beta now.

Sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #1439
    December 2005
    7,345 Posts
    I know it's the wrong thread, but for those of you who want something to fuck with until GW2 comes out, there is a Tera Closed Beta key giveaway at Curse:
    http://www.curse.com/betas/tera-online
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #1440
    February 2011
    4,522 Posts
    I know it's the wrong thread, but for those of you who want something to fuck with until GW2 comes out, there is a Tera Closed Beta key giveaway at Curse:
    http://www.curse.com/betas/tera-online
    Sorry!
    You must be from one of the following countries to enter:

Argentina
    Australia
    Bolivia
    Brazil
    Canada
    Cocos (Keeling) Islands
    Chile
    Colombia
    Christmas Island
    Ecuador
    Guyana
    Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
    Norfolk Island
    New Zealand
    Peru
    Paraguay
    Suriname
    United States of America
    Uruguay
    Venezuela
    Why no love for Norway?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)