1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,113 Posts
    Goddammit that release date better be real, my birthday is in march.
    No known release date yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    2,924 Posts
    No known release date yet.
    Yeah! For all we know it could come out tomorrow!

:'( It won't...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Where did you get the shirt? Been planning on getting one but the only ones I could find are on ebay and I just don't trust that site.
    http://store.penny-arcade.com/products/ant070011
    Is the one I have.
    As for actual GW2 shirts, I don't think they are officially sold yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,261 Posts
    I got a Mount & Blade Warband clan where lots of them going to buy Guild Wars 2, it will be excellent to play with them over teamspeak.
    Aww yeah, about 20 people joining up already and 10+ interested to join.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,443 Posts
    So all your Mount and Blade teamwork skills will come in handy in World PvP. Honestly I'm really excited to see Guild alliances all going into battle together. It'd look awesome to see 200 or so people standing in formation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,411 Posts
    Yeah! For all we know it could come out tomorrow!

:'( It won't...
    I know that feel bro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #167
    February 2007
    18 Posts
    So all your Mount and Blade teamwork skills will come in handy in World PvP. Honestly I'm really excited to see Guild alliances all going into battle together. It'd look awesome to see 200 or so people standing in formation.
    Definitly an advantage as most of our clan have the profesional blocking skills in Warband (Winning 4 tournaments in a row) so if GW2 is alot reaction timing it is definitly an advantage indeed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts
    My body is ready.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,113 Posts
    My body is ready.
    You have no body, you're a ghost.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    16,047 Posts
    about how big is the world and are there any mounts?

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,159 Posts
    25 zones that take close to 15 minutes to cross each one. You can fast travel/Asura gates to discovered locations so there's no need for mounts.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Informative Informative x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,261 Posts
    25 zones that take close to 15 minutes to cross each one. You can fast travel/Asura gates to discovered locations so there's no need for mounts.
    Flying, Riding and Sea(?) mounts are always cool. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    August 2007
    1,073 Posts
    I do honestly hope for mounts sometime, even if they're not really necessary. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just horses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 6Disagree x 2Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #174
    November 2009
    1,478 Posts
    Althought they havent been 100% clear on mounts, they have said the player wont be able to freely fly around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    I want a tiger mount so I explore with my Tiger Charr

16. Post #176
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,932 Posts
    Close to having the few extra HoM points I need for a Fiery Dragon Sword and the shield.

They look cool as hell. Can't wait to check them out ingame.

17. Post #177
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,411 Posts
    I do honestly hope for mounts sometime, even if they're not really necessary. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just horses.
    I will ride my shark everywhere I go!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #178
    April 2007
    259 Posts
    Bet you five bucks it'll be released in April or May.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #179
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,932 Posts
    There was some Utopia concept art with horses in it, but other than that the only horse-like creatures we've seen are centaurs. I think it's safe to assume that horses either went extinct or never existed in Tyria. The world is also too mountainous and there are too many obstacles for horses to really live freely. I don't feel like they would fit the game well. There are already portals in every major town/city and it would seem pointless because there is also a fast travel system implemented. Flying mounts wouldn't really work either because there aren't any large enough creatures that exist to be tamed and flown across the land.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    867 Posts
    There was some Utopia concept art with horses in it, but other than that the only horse-like creatures we've seen are centaurs. I think it's safe to assume that horses either went extinct or never existed in Tyria. The world is also too mountainous and there are too many obstacles for horses to really live freely...
    There's also the fact that every other animal in Tyria breaths fire and kills everything that moves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 6Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,411 Posts
    Bet you five bucks it'll be released in April or May.
    I'm thinking May/June/July.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,261 Posts
    Probably going for March-April here.

23. Post #183
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Flying mounts wouldn't really work either because there aren't any large enough creatures that exist to be tamed and flown across the land.
    They stated that flying mounts are a bunch of work because they suddenly have to check the entire world for places that people shouldn't be going, but can because they can fly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    Dennab
    December 2011
    38 Posts
    They stated that flying mounts are a bunch of work because they suddenly have to check the entire world for places that people shouldn't be going, but can because they can fly.
    Not to mention they want a sense of scale in the world. Flying over everything removes that sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    February 2007
    18 Posts
    Sounds reasonable I'm already happy with the epic looking water combat. Flying combat like that would just be cool aswell but definitly a lot work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    October 2009
    1,861 Posts
    Mounts would also make the practice of running way cooler; instead of "pay me money I have lots of skills that I use in ways they were never intended to be used" it would be "pay me money I own a fast horse."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Mounts would also make the practice of running way cooler; instead of "pay me money I have lots of skills that I use in ways they were never intended to be used" it would be "pay me money I own a fast horse."
    I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, but I disagree.
    Besides, I don't think running will even be around. You get scaled for the zone, so you could just run yourself to high level areas.

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    867 Posts
    You have problems with tiling and the scale of the world shrinks. This basically destroys the point of putting so much detail in the world. Besides that, it allows you to skip a bunch of content and you won't be with or running past other players and random content. Anet wants to encourage players to play together as much as possible. Flying is arguably not playing at all.

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,261 Posts
    I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, but I disagree.
    Besides, I don't think running will even be around. You get scaled for the zone, so you could just run yourself to high level areas.
    I saw various speed buffs, that everyone can do. I think.

30. Post #190
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts
    That's what you think.

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,476 Posts
    My ectoplasm is ready.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,025 Posts
    As a response to the OP: Hell yeah! Buying it is not optional. It is required to survive.

And proper post: Any news on when it's released? I'm guessing early this year. However, i'm growing impatient. I heard news of this game back in '09 when i was on my Ritualist. But anyway, three years i have waited. If i'm told to wait another year, my reaction is quite simple.

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,113 Posts
    As a response to the OP: Hell yeah! Buying it is not optional. It is required to survive.

And proper post: Any news on when it's released? I'm guessing early this year. However, i'm growing impatient. I heard news of this game back in '09 when i was on my Ritualist. But anyway, three years i have waited. If i'm told to wait another year, my reaction is quite simple.

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE.
    Been waiting since they first announced it and I'm perfectly fine with waiting another half year/year.

No release date yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #194
    I tried to pay a prostitute for a hug, but she turned me down because I'm a huge faggot.
    July 2010
    2,924 Posts
    Been waiting since they first announced it and I'm perfectly fine with waiting another half year/year.

No release date yet.
    Yep, what's a year right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    867 Posts
    The first "phase" of closed beta ended on the 31st of December. Word is that they'll do a couple of these 2 week phases, and if all goes well, we get open beta and launch. So they really don't know either, but it looks like it could release anywhere between April and May/early June to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #196
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,411 Posts
    I had a dream that I was playing Guild Wars 2. I woke up this morning and was disappointed that it was all just a dream...

37. Post #197
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    16,047 Posts
    disappointing there's no mount
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #198
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,932 Posts
    You can fast travel to any waypoint you need. There is literally no need for mounts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    [HR][/HR]
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that hasn't been confirmed. Only mount related thing I have seen confirmed is that there will be no flying mounts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,932 Posts
    [HR][/HR]
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that hasn't been confirmed. Only mount related thing I have seen confirmed is that there will be no flying mounts.
    It has already been stated that there won't be any mounts on release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)