1. Post #241
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    Choose all of them.
    As I have suggested before, make a character for every class, and just play them as you go.
    I think 4-6 character slots will be available. Just a guess though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #242
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,355 Posts
    As I have suggested before, make a character for every class, and just play them as you go.
    I think 4-6 character slots will be available. Just a guess though.
    Originally in Guild Wars, you started out with 4 character slots, but then again there were 6 professions. I think that since there's 8 this time around you'll have 6 slots to start with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    Or, 5, just to show everybody wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,259 Posts
    Or just 10 so everyone has their fun, I can't see a reason in limiting it lower than 8 anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,888 Posts
    It's already been confirmed as 5 at the moment, one for each race.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #246
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,355 Posts
    It's already been confirmed as 5 at the moment, one for each race.
    Oh, I read that it's currently unknown. Where did you see that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,061 Posts
    I want one of each race, so yay!! Also I was kinda hoping they'd give you more for having played guild wars 1.. kinda like how whenever you got an expansion they added slots. Ah well, I'll always buy another if I need to and they're not too expensive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,702 Posts
    Or just 10 so everyone has their fun, I can't see a reason in limiting it lower than 8 anyway.
    I dunno so maybe they can sell some character slots for a game that's totally free otherwise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #249
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,921 Posts
    I dunno so maybe they can sell some character slots for a game that's totally free otherwise
    You still have to buy the game itself which will probably be around $40-$60. Though I do agree and I'll probably buy enough slots to have a character for each profession.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    November 2009
    1,465 Posts
    You still have to buy the game itself which will probably be around $40-$60. Though I do agree and I'll probably buy enough slots to have a character for each profession.
    collectors edition will hopefully come with and extra char slot.
    now i wonder what emote/weapons/minipet it will contain

actually i would love to see a fish minipet that flopped around when on land to follow you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #251
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,764 Posts
    Getting this on release date. I want it now! >:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #252
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,764 Posts
    Btw op, can u add me to the list of people getting it on release date?

And are we making our own fp guild when we can?

-tiny snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,039 Posts
    Btw op, can u add me to the list of people getting it on release date?

And are we making our own fp guild when we can?

Rip automerge
    I don't think automerge works after two hours.

Regardless, 5 character slots would be perfect for what I have planned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #254
    Streetwise Angel Booksmart Devil
    January 2010
    3,030 Posts
    I don't think automerge works after two hours.

Regardless, 5 character slots would be perfect for what I have planned.
    Same. I only have plans for one character of each race.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #255
    July 2009
    1,136 Posts
    Unconfirmed, but I feel this is necessary to post:

http://galaxynextdoor.com/post/15987...JjFpC0s.reddit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,039 Posts
    Unconfirmed, but I feel this is necessary to post:

http://galaxynextdoor.com/post/15987...JjFpC0s.reddit
    Yeah I saw the interview that that was mentioned in.

Don't be mistaken though, this could easily mean it's still at least 3 months away from OB.

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,888 Posts
    Some sexy new weapon art here:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 9Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,039 Posts
    I don't care what anyone says, I want that bow with the blades on it.
    Christ I can think of some nice routines to do with that.

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,414 Posts
    For some reason all the weapons in the top picture remind me of chainsaws or industrial tools. Maybe because of the color scheme and serrated blades.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    For some reason all the weapons in the top picture remind me of chainsaws or industrial tools. Maybe because of the color scheme and serrated blades.
    And the gears and bolts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #261
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,921 Posts
    I like the shields alot. Specifically the top one.

Edited:

The great thing about the weapon design and armor design is that you won't have to go through 50 raids/dungeons to get that cool weapon or piece of armor. You'd just have to do a dungeon once or twice and you can trade the tokens in for weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,259 Posts
    Are there any good pvp battlegrounds (30v30 and so on) and raids in GW2?

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,414 Posts
    There are matches that are similar to drop-in/drop-out multiplayer styles found in most fps games, not sure what the player limit is on those. Then there is world v. world and that's at least 250 v. 250. From what I know there aren't any raids for more than 5 people, but dynamic events scaled for 20 or 30 people would probably do in a pinch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,888 Posts
    There are matches that are similar to drop-in/drop-out multiplayer styles found in most fps games, not sure what the player limit is on those.
    10 player limit iirc, 5v5. The hotjoin ones can scale down to 1v1 if you want though.

Then there is world v. world and that's at least 250 v. 250.
    Current quote is 650 per map, so about 2000 people limit.

From what I know there aren't any raids for more than 5 people, but dynamic events scaled for 20 or 30 people would probably do in a pinch.
    The big dynamic events (e.g. the shatterer) scale up to 100 people, most normal ones go up to roughly 10. That might change before release though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,414 Posts
    Huh, I remember seeing a screenshot of a lobby style menu with a 10 v 10 battle going on. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edited:

It might be because its a different game mode than the 10 v. 10 ones but I'm not completely sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,206 Posts
    There's a more free pvp where you can set the rules isn't there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    13,888 Posts
    Huh, I remember seeing a screenshot of a lobby style menu with a 10 v 10 battle going on. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edited:

It might be because its a different game mode than the 10 v. 10 ones but I'm not completely sure.
    Oh whoops you're right, it must be 10v10 rather than just 10 in total.

There's a more free pvp where you can set the rules isn't there

Yeah, there's structured PvP which is strict 5v5 servers and tournaments and then there are more casual hotjoin games with variable player counts. Players can set up and run their own servers and tournaments too.

28. Post #268
    January 2010
    3,898 Posts
    This game will consume my life when it's out, and i'm totally fine with that because it's worth it! i hope they do decide to do some form of subscription or something as an option as i'd gladly love to contribute towards this game it's the only mmo in a long time that i've seen that i'd consider worth paying a sub for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree x 9Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    This game will consume my life when it's out, and i'm totally fine with that because it's worth it! i hope they do decide to do some form of subscription or something as an option as i'd gladly love to contribute towards this game it's the only mmo in a long time that i've seen that i'd consider worth paying a sub for.
    Then buy $15 worth of in-game goods every month :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    The Amazing
    April 2009
    4,921 Posts
    It will be great, but no game is worth paying every month.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    October 2009
    1,847 Posts
    It will be great, but no game is worth paying every month.
    It isn't exactly that it isn't WORTH the money, it's just that it restricts how much money you can put into other games, and makes you feel as though you have to play that one game all of the time. For somebody who isn't completely obsessive, it's a bad deal financially and psychologically.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,259 Posts
    It isn't exactly that it isn't WORTH the money, it's just that it restricts how much money you can put into other games, and makes you feel as though you have to play that one game all of the time. For somebody who isn't completely obsessive, it's a bad deal financially and psychologically.
    I've not got any money to buy any monthly subscription game, I would love to try out WoW, SW:TOR and so on but I've got no money and I am not willing to pay around 100 euro for it.

33. Post #273
    October 2009
    1,847 Posts
    I've not got any money to buy any monthly subscription game, I would love to try out WoW, SW:TOR and so on but I've got no money and I am not willing to pay around 100 euro for it.
    Well WoW is free up till level 20 now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #274
    June 2011
    8,622 Posts
    It sounds like you need mental help, it's just $15 for fucks sake, if you're having troubled thoughts over $15 a month how are you not having a heart attack when you see your bills?

I'm paying for SWTOR and I don't feel like I'm forced to play the game at all, you know why? Because it's $15 fucking dollars, it's giving me tens of hours or more of entertainment every month, in comparison it costs $15 or more just to go see a movie that doesn't even last 2 hours, financially it's actually a fucking amazing deal compared to every other form of entertainment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 4Disagree x 4Winner x 1Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #275

September 2010
    177 Posts
    Good on you for finding a game you enjoy, but that might not be the case for everyone. I played SWTOR and will not be renewing my subscription.

With the money you'd be spending monthly, you could easily buy yourself 2-3 new games (or something else) in that year.

Then again, it's all up to the individual and what they feel is worth their $
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #276
    August 2011
    628 Posts
    Stop the nonsense with speculations about a monthly sub for GW2.

I hope they keep it one-time-payment just as they did with previous titles.

They would easily get people to buy their game...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,039 Posts
    It sounds like you need mental help, it's just $15 for fucks sake, if you're having troubled thoughts over $15 a month how are you not having a heart attack when you see your bills?

I'm paying for SWTOR and I don't feel like I'm forced to play the game at all, you know why? Because it's $15 fucking dollars, it's giving me tens of hours or more of entertainment every month, in comparison it costs $15 or more just to go see a movie that doesn't even last 2 hours, financially it's actually a fucking amazing deal compared to every other form of entertainment.
    If I had 15$/month extra at the moment I'd probably eat a bit better instead of PAYING to play a game that i already OWN.

Not everyone has 5 digit paychecks every month.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #278
    Streetwise Angel Booksmart Devil
    January 2010
    3,030 Posts
    I very much understand where sub based MMOs are coming from, and I'm glad Guild Wars 2 isn't one of them, for the simple fact that it doesn't have to compete with them for attention. People can buy it, and play when they want without having to worry about renewing their subscription & such.

$15 isn't an unreasonable amount for a monthly subscription to a game you enjoy, But the way I see it, GW2 will deliver sub quality at normal game pricing, and that will get them PLENTY of buyers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #279
    June 2011
    8,622 Posts
    If I had 15$/month extra at the moment I'd probably eat a bit better instead of PAYING to play a game that i already OWN.

Not everyone has 5 digit paychecks every month.
    5 digit paychecks every month? Are you fucking serious? Do you even know how worthless $15 is in this day and age? You can't even feed yourself for a week off that anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)