1. Post #641
    January 2008
    694 Posts
    So today I bought a booster pack (for the fun) and got this card;

Is it rare?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #642
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,092 Posts

Is it rare?
    Not sure but wow, the cards sure have changed since I last saw them over ten years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #643
    January 2008
    694 Posts
    That was my first reaction too. Really love the ''jumping out of the card'' effect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #644
    July 2011
    559 Posts

This is like the coolest card ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #645
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    Could be me getting old or nostalgia but that's shit in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

6. Post #646
    I wish I had a tentacle hand. Japan would pay billions for some real-life tentacles.
    February 2009
    4,406 Posts
    Could be me getting old or nostalgia but that's shit in my opinion.
    I think they look a lot like those "fake" cards with full art that had just the Pokemon and it's name.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #647
    November 2010
    59 Posts

Is it rare?
    It's the rarest card in the set and worth about $50-$60
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #648
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,689 Posts
    Yes! I just got a female Japanese Zorua! Time to start Masudaing. Also, if anyone needs a low level good natured Oshawott, I am your man.

9. Post #649
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,138 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #650
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts
    It's the rarest card in the set and worth about $50-$60

are these

worth anything yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Europe Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #651
    I wish I had a tentacle hand. Japan would pay billions for some real-life tentacles.
    February 2009
    4,406 Posts
    I still have this charmeleon card that was 99/97 (you know, those numbers in the bottom right?). Not sure what it means though, but it seems like it's not supposed to go that high.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

12. Post #652
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,138 Posts
    I still have this charmeleon card that was 99/97 (you know, those numbers in the bottom right?). Not sure what it means though, but it seems like it's not supposed to go that high.
    I think it's the card number inside a series, for collectors
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #653
    February 2009
    4,406 Posts
    I think it's the card number inside a series, for collectors
    That would make sense, but why make it number 99 out of a 97 card set?

14. Post #654
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,138 Posts
    That would make sense, but why make it number 99 out of a 97 card set?
    Your Charmeleon card is from this set?
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EX_Dragon_(TCG)
    By context I can assume the set has 97 cards and 3 additional ones (Charmeleon being one of those)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

15. Post #655
    February 2009
    4,406 Posts
    Yeah it's that one, thanks for clearing it up, I've been wondering what was up with that ever since I got that card.

16. Post #656
    July 2007
    981 Posts
    I got my Verdant Frost theme deck today, but it doesn't seem to have a redeem code for TCG Online. Is there a way to redeem it?

I also got a free booster pack with it and got the Cresselia half of the Darkrai & Cresselia LEGEND card duo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #657
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,503 Posts
    Just resently got back into my Pokemon Black game. I got my Mewtwo yesterday from the event. I kept reloading my save till the delivery guy gave me a Modest Mewtwo. Shame I didn't think to do this with that Shiny Suicune they gave you...

Anyways I'm in the level range of 45 to 50 and heading for the railway bridge thing after finishing the last town gym(Ice)/dragonspire tower stuff.

Dangit Larvesta why you make no sense. You start off a physical attacker than evolve into a Sp.attk thing which is what I wanted you to be originally. This makes it hard to level up its Sp.attk stat

18. Post #658
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,226 Posts
    I got my Verdant Frost theme deck today, but it doesn't seem to have a redeem code for TCG Online. Is there a way to redeem it?

I also got a free booster pack with it and got the Cresselia half of the Darkrai & Cresselia LEGEND card duo.
    i thought about making a deck based around the ice type, hardly anybody uses steel, and nobody would dare think that a water type deck would be weak to steel...

anyways Verdant Frost was made before the TCG Online went up, afaik, you won't get a code. check online if its one of the viable ones, hopefully maybe the barcode on the box will be your code or something but if it's not available online, it won't have a redeemable code
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

19. Post #659
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,169 Posts
    are these

worth anything yet?
    I think it depends - back when they were new, I heard there was a misprint on some of them, making them rarer (Nintedo, instead of Nintendo), and therefore worth more. Dunno how that's held up, but I've got one (without the misprint). I kind of want to get rid of my old holographics, first editions, rare, and promotional cards, but... they're only worth $0.25 a card. :(

20. Post #660
    October 2009
    8,934 Posts
    I think it depends - back when they were new, I heard there was a misprint on some of them, making them rarer (Nintedo, instead of Nintendo), and therefore worth more. Dunno how that's held up, but I've got one (without the misprint). I kind of want to get rid of my old holographics, first editions, rare, and promotional cards, but... they're only worth $0.25 a card. :(
    "It's wrong, so therefore more valuable."

Collector logic.

21. Post #661
    Mentally incapable of sticking to one avatar
    January 2007
    5,710 Posts
    Speaking of collector material, I just got some Johto things in the mail...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #662
    The Stunfisk.

It stares into my soul.

23. Post #663
    January 2007
    5,710 Posts
    The Stunfisk.

It stares into my soul.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #664
    Wasn't planning on sleeping anyways.

25. Post #665
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,169 Posts
    These are for sale, correct? Any info on that, if they are?

26. Post #666
    October 2010
    3,741 Posts
    Stunfisk is such a boss.

27. Post #667
    January 2007
    5,710 Posts
    These are for sale, correct? Any info on that, if they are?
    They were on sale for $30 a set, but that was only a special pre-valentines thing the guys were having on. They are taking orders for the newer Kanto badges (pictured are the first ones that the original guy did) and selling off the excess Johto and Hoenn sets.

Facebook
    pkmnbadges@yahoo.com Questions and ordering options plus paypal account
    There is a twitter account too, can't remember the url though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

28. Post #668
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,169 Posts
    Aww, damn. Don't have $30 in my paypal. :(

29. Post #669
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,086 Posts
    Anybody else waiting for the remake of Ruby/Sapphire?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #670
    If they don't make one I'll be upset.

31. Post #671
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,169 Posts
    3rd generation is my least liked, so no, not really. That and it just seems too recent. After that we'd get a DPPt remake, and it's waaaaaaaaaay too soon for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #672
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,226 Posts
    i desperately need a new pokemon game to come out so i can justify buying a 3DS for a game i cannot afford to not play, and while i'm at it i'll pick up Ocarina of Time and Mario Kart at a hopefully cheaper price! And maybe even a new advanced wars, i want one of those too...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

33. Post #673
    January 2007
    5,710 Posts
    Aww, damn. Don't have $30 in my paypal. :(
    How much do you have in your account?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

34. Post #674
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,169 Posts
    $23.75. It was supposed to be $25 even but I guess it got taxed or charged or something? :/

35. Post #675
    January 2007
    5,710 Posts
    $23.75. It was supposed to be $25 even but I guess it got taxed or charged or something? :/
    Email them asking if you can still get the $30 deal (tell 'em Jecht sent you) and if you can PM me with your paypal account. I'll top it up for ya.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #676
    October 2009
    2,172 Posts
    Anybody else waiting for the remake of Ruby/Sapphire?
    I am waiting so hard. A 3DS remake of these would be the greatest thing since Dusk Balls.

Also speaking of cards I just gave an entire book of my first gen Pokemon cards to a foster kid my sister was looking after for a couple months. He had a fat DS and a couple Pokemon games and had never seen anything from the first gen aside from the obvious mascots. Good times were had when I showed him the first 5 seasons of the show that I got on my hard drive. Relived some of the best years of my life with that kid. Still remember the look on his face when he saw how Ash got his Pikachu and it hated him. Massive marathons of gaming and watching.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

37. Post #677
    February 2011
    2,352 Posts
    Ruby and sapphire came out 9 years ago

38. Post #678
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,169 Posts
    Ruby and sapphire came out 9 years ago
    ...Really? It doesn't feel like it was that long ago. :(

I still remember thumbing through a strategy guide at Target before I got either of the two, and seeing Blaziken in the PokÚdex section. "Oh, sweet! A little chick fire starter that evolves into this badass Fire/Flying thing!" Oh the disappointment when I found out Blaziken is Fire/Fighting. :(

[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Fire/Fighting is the worst trend in starters and they need to seriously stop.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #679
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,021 Posts
    How are you gonna display them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #680
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,138 Posts
    ...Really? It doesn't feel like it was that long ago. :(

I still remember thumbing through a strategy guide at Target before I got either of the two, and seeing Blaziken in the PokÚdex section. "Oh, sweet! A little chick fire starter that evolves into this badass Fire/Flying thing!" Oh the disappointment when I found out Blaziken is Fire/Fighting. :(

[sub][sub][sub][sub][sub]Fire/Fighting is the worst trend in starters and they need to seriously stop.[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]
    I want Game freak to play with the Psychic/Fight/Dark starter idea. For example: starters with Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fight types; or Grass/Fight, Fire/Dark and Water/Psychic types; with secondary types following the usual super-effective cycle in reverse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)