1. Post #721
    September 2011
    868 Posts
    Disregard starter. Play with caught Pokemon only.
    Im liking this idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #722
    Mentally incapable of sticking to one avatar
    January 2007
    5,809 Posts
    Im liking this idea.
    Catch a lvl 2 Sentret, dispose of starter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

3. Post #723
    October 2011
    163 Posts
    Challenge accepted. I'm gonna restart Heart Gold while he/she restarts Soul Silver.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #724
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,291 Posts
    Slightly.

You follow Suicune around and Eusine is there, also fix the power plant, battle one last team rocket member, and that's about it   
    Fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #725
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,238 Posts
    Anyone have a Skarmory and Nincada/Ninjask they'd trade me? Gen 5. I can try to get you something you'd like instead of just random crap Pokémon (keep it fair, no asking for Zekrom).

Edited:

I should also clarify: I'm heading to bed right now, so it'll probably be about 6-9 hours before I can trade.
    Skarmory if you have a dusclops etc?
    I'll go for other stuff but that's what I'm lookin for atm.

Or speed boost carvhanha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

6. Post #726
    January 2010
    765 Posts
    Too much of a bro. Use a Hoothoot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

7. Post #727
    July 2010
    3,569 Posts
    Too much of a bro. Use a Hoothoot.
    DUNSPARCE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #728
    October 2009
    9,336 Posts
    Dude, Tankdragon.

Imagine Metagross, or that unreleased bug/steel, as a fucking dragon.
    Unreleased bug/steel? What?

Edited:

On the topic of glitchy AI, I remember discovering this for myself back in Yellow...
    Fighting Geovani. All of my Pokemon except for some weak Paris are down. All he has left is his Nidoqueen and Nidoking.

I sent it out...
    Nidoqueen used Tail Whip!
    ...Alright, lucky...
    Paris used Scratch!
    Nidoqueen used Tail Whip!
    So on, and so forth... Nidoking just used Leer instead.

I won that battle by luck...
    ...But never beat Garry. Even with my Level 99 Pikachu.

9. Post #729

10. Post #730
    October 2009
    9,336 Posts
    Oh, I interpreted "unreleased" as "unused."
    Got my hopes up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #731
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,283 Posts
    Dude Furret is pretty useful in its own way. I think it can use every single HM in HG/SS.

12. Post #732
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,521 Posts
    Well beat the Elite 4 in Pokemon Black. Now to do other things in it and get my pokemon leveled up and ready for online fighting

Wait if were to go back to the Elite 4 now would they be stronger or am I allowed to go back yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

13. Post #733
    July 2010
    3,569 Posts
    Well beat the Elite 4 in Pokemon Black. Now to do other things in it and get my pokemon leveled up and ready for online fighting

Wait if were to go back to the Elite 4 now would they be stronger or am I allowed to go back yet?
    Stronger and different teams. Do the sidequests and whatnot first.

14. Post #734
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,521 Posts
    Stronger and different teams. Do the sidequests and whatnot first.
    I planned to. Still need to get Larvesta Evolved and do other things.

15. Post #735
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,291 Posts

I keep thinking you're me even though our Nidokings are different and your posts are blue, not yellow.

16. Post #736
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    Well technically from my view, your posts are both blue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #737
    nidos are neato
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #738
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,374 Posts
    what if
    they made
    a monogendered nido!?

19. Post #739
    do you mean non-gendered

nidothing?

20. Post #740
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,374 Posts
    yush

21. Post #741
    Putting the X in Xylophone
    November 2007
    1,137 Posts
    I need sleep, I just spent forever working on this:

Alternate, Much better version, that I was going to make my avatar, but I'm not gold:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #742
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,291 Posts
    Anyone have a Skarmory and Nincada/Ninjask they'd trade me? Gen 5. I can try to get you something you'd like instead of just random crap Pokémon (keep it fair, no asking for Zekrom).

Edited:

I should also clarify: I'm heading to bed right now, so it'll probably be about 6-9 hours before I can trade.
    Going back to this, do you guys mind if I run my team idea by you? Keep in mind I'm mostly running this team for against the Battle Subway, so I don't need to be all super competitive with it.
    Nidoking
    Sheer Force; +SP ATK Nature?; Life Orb
    252 SPD, 252 HP, 4 SP ATK EV's; 29 SP ATK IV (can breed this in already)
    Sludge Wave; Earth Power; Ice Beam; ???

-I don't want Thunderbolt because it's only useful against things King's weak against (Water), I don't want to rely on him for going against his weaknesses, and everything else is redundant (Flying - weak to Ice).
    -I'm mainly maybe Flamethrower? Again, it's really only good against weaknesses and for redundancy (except for letting me hit Flying/Levitate/Magnet Rise Steel types). But compared to Shadow Ball, I get more out of it.
    -I'm kind thinking about Shadow Ball. It covers the one hole that I've noticed in my team which is super effective against Ghost types. But that's only one strength, and I'd not be pitting King against Psychic.

Skarmory
    Sturdy; Not looked into Nature nor held item yet
    252 ATK, 252 SPD, 4 HP? EV's; Not sure on IV's
    Steel Wing; Drill Peck; ???; ???

-Thinking Night Slash for one of the two moves, would cause redundancy if I chose Shadow Ball King, though.
    -Entry hazard/Weather/Toxic for the second slot? He can learn Spikes, Toxic, and Sandstorm (all 3 'mons are immune to it).
    -Also, looking into it, maybe replace Drill Peck with Fly?

Ninjask
    Speed Boost; +Speed nature; Lax Incense?
    252 SPD; 252 ATK?; 4 HP?; 29+ SPD IV
    Double Team; Flash; Baton Pass; X-Scissor

-Lead in with Ninjask, be a total dick and up my evasion, lower their accuracy, baton pass it.
    -X-Scissor because he needs some sort of attack move and Bug type moves cover a few holes? Would be redundant with Flamethrower and Night Slash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #743
    May 2009
    13,283 Posts
    Double Team is banned.

Also, max out Nido's speed and Sp'atk, slap a choice scarf on him and use him to revenge if you're going offensive. If you're planning on being bulky, well, use Nidoqueen instead.

Edited:

Also Roost and Bravebird on that Skarm and give him leftovers. Brave Bird everything. Always.

24. Post #744
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,291 Posts
    Double Team is banned.

Also, max out Nido's speed and Sp'atk, slap a choice scarf on him and use him to revenge if you're going offensive. If you're planning on being bulky, well, use Nidoqueen instead.

Edited:

Also Roost and Bravebird on that Skarm and give him leftovers. Brave Bird everything. Always.
    Double Team's banned in the Battle Subway? I'm mostly looking at the Single line right now.

Was going for Sheer Force + Life Orb as a Special sweeper. +30% power on all the moves, and Sheer Force keeps the HP drain from kicking in.

Roost for healing, right? And why Brave Bird? I try to stay away from recoil moves.

Edited:

I'm your typical "casual" player, if I were to guess. Almost all of my Pokémon that I actually use (other than HM slaves) only have pure attacking moves, I very rarely use status moves. Just powerhouse through everything. Works well enough in the story. I know it doesn't work so great in any sort of competitive area (including Battle Subway). The Ninjask is honestly the most thought out Pokémon I have for using Status moves.

25. Post #745
    May 2009
    13,283 Posts
    Sheer Force + LO won't net you strong or fast enough attacks, and Nido is weak to enough stuff for his bulk to be wasted. In the super lines, you'll come across Pokémon from all generations, so slapping flamethrower to tag stuff like Scizor and Shedinja isn't a bad idea. Poison attacks aren't really that great, aside from the chance to, well, poison, and Nido doesn't have any good recovery moves for toxic stalling.

Skarmory is so ridiculously physically bulky that recoil isn't a matter to him. Roost, Brave Bird, (nothing is immune to it), Sneaky Stones and Spikes is the usual, but in the battle subway, you'll probably want to get rid of one of the entry hazards, and perhaps replace it with toxic, or something, for stalling.

Your Ninjask isn't too great, you only have one attack that a lot of things resist. Ninjask isn't an offensive pokémom, he's a baton passer, primarly. SubProtect a bunch, Swords Dance if you have a free sub, and get that shit out to a physical attacker for sweeping. I would either replace him, or revamp your whole team to fit around his talents. You'll also come across a lot of rock types in the Subway, in my experience.

If you want a fast, hard hitting physical Pokémon, might I suggest Weavile?

26. Post #746
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,238 Posts
    Sludge Wave sucks ass.

Thunderbolt is much better, if you want STAB power use Earth Power.

27. Post #747
    May 2009
    13,283 Posts
    Earth Power/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower

Alternate:

Hone Claws (stay with me)/Thunder/Blizzard/Earth Power

28. Post #748
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,374 Posts
    sludge wave is an attack?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #749
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,697 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Late Late x 1 (list)

30. Post #750
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,238 Posts
    Earth Power/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower

Alternate:

Hone Claws (stay with me)/Thunder/Blizzard/Earth Power
    Better yet, play with gravity on your team, then use fire blast, thunder, blizzard and earth power.

Fire blast thunder and blizzard become 100% accuracy in gravity, earth power hits every pokemon in the game.

Edited:

Sheer Force + LO won't net you strong or fast enough attacks, and Nido is weak to enough stuff for his bulk to be wasted. In the super lines, you'll come across Pokémon from all generations, so slapping flamethrower to tag stuff like Scizor and Shedinja isn't a bad idea. Poison attacks aren't really that great, aside from the chance to, well, poison, and Nido doesn't have any good recovery moves for toxic stalling.
    I've found that as a coverage abuser nidoking can kick ass in supers, you just have to treat him the right way, and know when to switch out. Fighting/dark/steel/rock/grass don't phase him at all, which makes him really good at dealing with those kinds of pokemon. With choice scarf he can revenge kill a lot of pokemon on the subway with ease, although he does lose a bunch of ohkos due to lack of life orb.

31. Post #751
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,521 Posts
    My friend said I couldn't do it but I did. I beat Cynthia in Pokemon Black using Level 55-60 Pokemon.

Guess I should go fight the Stronger Elite 4 sometime soon.

32. Post #752
    May 2009
    13,283 Posts
    Better yet, play with gravity on your team, then use fire blast, thunder, blizzard and earth power.

Fire blast thunder and blizzard become 100% accuracy in gravity, earth power hits every pokemon in the game.
    Gravity also prevents Splash from doing anything, thus rendering Nidoking's biggest threat, Magikarp, out of the running.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #753
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,291 Posts

Skarmory is so ridiculously physically bulky that recoil isn't a matter to him. Roost, Brave Bird, (nothing is immune to it), Sneaky Stones and Spikes is the usual, but in the battle subway, you'll probably want to get rid of one of the entry hazards, and perhaps replace it with toxic, or something, for stalling.

Your Ninjask isn't too great, you only have one attack that a lot of things resist. Ninjask isn't an offensive pokémom, he's a baton passer, primarly. SubProtect a bunch, Swords Dance if you have a free sub, and get that shit out to a physical attacker for sweeping. I would either replace him, or revamp your whole team to fit around his talents. You'll also come across a lot of rock types in the Subway, in my experience.

If you want a fast, hard hitting physical Pokémon, might I suggest Weavile?
    My main thing with Sludge Wave is getting the STAB. I like to have at least one STAB move for either type on each Pokémon, honestly. And yeah, looking at Poison as a type it's not great, and Life Orb negates actually poisoning, so... I dunno.

My thing with getting into this is I'm more getting into it for fun, and so I can actually fight in the Battle Subway instead of getting 20-some odd battles in and getting raped by a Pokémon that I have to not have ANY strong moves against and manages to OHKO each of my Pokémon (Crustle :geno:). I want to kind of do my own thing and not use the "x moveset autowin button". It's why I have Nidoking even if he may not be a necessarily strong Pokémon - he's my favorite Pokémon.

With Ninjask, I kinda just picked him at random for his Speed. I like hitting first because I'm used to always hitting first because of the story trainers, so with not having a terribly speedy team, I figured I'd use his Speed Boost ability and pass that to my other Pokémon.
    Sludge Wave sucks ass.

Thunderbolt is much better, if you want STAB power use Earth Power.
    Better than Sludge Bomb.

And why Thunderbolt? It would only protect him against water types (which I'd probably swap out if one came up), and having the 2x for flying is redundant with an ice move. I mean, honestly. Nidoking doesn't have amazing speed to begin with and from what I've heard/seen, a lot of Water-types in competitve stuff (even Battle Subway) have Aqua Jet, which would negate any speed I boost to him. So, to me, it's just a wasted move slot.

I've also kind of looked into a Houndoom/Lapras combo. I like my Typhlosion/Lapras combo in SoulSilver, but I'd like to have a little more type coverage, so I was looking into Houndoom. Lapras is an amazing tank, too, and the Rain Dance/Surf/Ice Beam/Thunder combo seems to work wonders for anything and everything. Especially with Water Absorb.

34. Post #754
    November 2010
    59 Posts
    And why Thunderbolt? It would only protect him against water types (which I'd probably swap out if one came up), and having the 2x for flying is redundant with an ice move. I mean, honestly. Nidoking doesn't have amazing speed to begin with and from what I've heard/seen, a lot of Water-types in competitve stuff (even Battle Subway) have Aqua Jet, which would negate any speed I boost to him. So, to me, it's just a wasted move slot.
    Thunderbolt and Ice beam create perfect neutral coverage*. You already have STAB in the form of Earth Power, and Sludge wave isn't hitting anything that ice beam and flamethrower don't already cover. Also an aqua jet from anything that isn't Azumaril or banded probably won't kill a nidoking

*near perfect. oops

35. Post #755
    May 2009
    13,283 Posts
    Thunderbolt and Ice beam create perfect neutral coverage.
    Magnemite.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

36. Post #756
    November 2010
    59 Posts
    Magnemite.
    Shit

37. Post #757
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,291 Posts
    Magnemite.
    Flamethrower? vv

Earth Power/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Ice Beam?

38. Post #758
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,824 Posts

Holy shit Kyurem can SPRINT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #759
    July 2010
    3,569 Posts

Holy shit Kyurem can SPRINT.
    A Kyurem/Keldeo movie? Wonder how this will turn out.

40. Post #760
    October 2009
    9,336 Posts
    I was wondering how long it'd be before we see anything about Pokemon Grey, or Ruby/Saphire remakes, so I looked up the dates between the first two main games of a generation, and compared it to the date that the third game/remakes came out...

They took 2 or 3 years.
    It's going to be a long time...