1. Post #1281
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,947 Posts
    Crap. My friend managed to start a new game on my Heart Gold. 134 hours lost.
    Oh well, time to do this again!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

2. Post #1282
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,227 Posts
    God damn, the Elite Four in Black/White are not pushovers, for once. The last time I had this much trouble beating them was back in Ruby and Sapphire, my first two video games ever. My Samurott is in the low 60s with a fairly decent moveset, and I recently caught Thundurus. I want to get Samurott to 65, Thundurus to 50, and my Deino to 50 (Where it will evolve into a Zweillous), but there aren't any more Trainers for me to beat, so I have to fight wild Pokemon in the 40s, earning somewhere between 100 and 500 EXP per battle.

Get your entire team to low 50s and you can do it without too much trouble

I just want to kick the shit out of N and Ghetsis with Reshiram/Zekrom. Is that too much to ask?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

3. Post #1283
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,054 Posts
    Crap. My friend managed to start a new game on my Heart Gold. 134 hours lost.
    Oh well, time to do this again!
    Not really your friend any more is he.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

4. Post #1284
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,487 Posts
    Took me a few minutes to realize that your post got mixed up in my quote.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events

5. Post #1285
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,947 Posts
    Not really your friend any more is he.
    I admit it's a little frustrating, but it's fun starting a new game now and then.
    I'm not really angry at him, I got some strong pokémon in my Platinum version, so I could always trade them over whenever I need it. vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #1286
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,054 Posts
    Pokemon online is so shit today.
    I decide I'll try out a gravity team.

Get killed 100 times over by the same team over and over again. OU has like no fucking diversity it's just pathetic.

7. Post #1287
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    Play UU
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #1288
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,054 Posts
    But then I can't use forretress D:

9. Post #1289
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    Post team

10. Post #1290
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,775 Posts
    Yay Sexy Kyurem voice.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #1291
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,582 Posts
    I can't find my copy of Soulsilver :[

Are the White/Black versions any good? It seems like there's a lot of weird pokemon in this version.

Also: It seems like when I hit the Final Four my pokemon aren't high level enough, so how do you guys level them up once you've beaten all the gyms?

Do you just go random battle grinding?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1292
    Sexy Kyurem voice.
    I got a boner for real

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

13. Post #1293
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,170 Posts
    Now watch as they butcher it with the english dub.

14. Post #1294
    Are the White/Black versions any good? It seems like there's a lot of weird pokemon in this version.

Also: It seems like when I hit the Final Four my pokemon aren't high level enough, so how do you guys level them up once you've beaten all the gyms?
    1. yes they are the best games so far and the pokemon kick ass

2. the problem with Johto is that the wild pokemon are hideously underleveled, so you'll have to grind quite a bit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1295
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,503 Posts

2. the problem with Johto is that the wild pokemon are hideously underleveled, so you'll have to grind quite a bit
    "best games so far"
    *Pokemon related Opinions picture here*
    Seriously though I like Pokemon Black/White but I wouldn't call them the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #1296
    October 2009
    8,937 Posts
    "best games so far"
    *Pokemon related Opinions picture here*
    Seriously though I like Pokemon Black/White but I wouldn't call them the best.
    It's a matter of favorite, rather than best. "Best" would definitely be the latest one, in terms of gameplay mechanics, because things are balanced and tweaked. In terms of the game itself, though, it's favorite.

My favorite was Ruby/Sapphire. Just seemed to be the best, to me.

17. Post #1297
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    I'd say my favorites are Gold/Silver and Ruby/Sapphire.

18. Post #1298
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,503 Posts
    I'd say my favorites are Gold/Silver and Ruby/Sapphire.
    R/B/Y and Crystal for me. I still own my GBC and Yellow and Crystal :D

Though I don't mind 3rd gen either. It's kinda nice.

If I had batteries i'd go see where I'm at in my Crystal game. I'd also take a picture of my first shiny ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

19. Post #1299
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Gold and Ruby were the games I played the most. Those two games made up a good bit of my childhood.

20. Post #1300
    as far as overall mechanics and gameplay go passing up black or white would be just sadistic

gen 1 - broken
    gen 2 - not as broken
    gen 3 - almost there
    gen 4 - SLOW RIDE TAKE IT EEESAY
    gen 5 - fix'd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

21. Post #1301
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,054 Posts
    Forretress - Rocky Helmet
    Spikes
    Stealth Rock
    Rapid Spin
    volt Switch

Nidoking - Life Orb
    Earth Power
    Fire Blast
    Blizzard
    Thunder

Gengar - Focus Sash
    Hypnosis
    Focus Blast
    Shadow Ball
    Destiny Bond

Dusclops - Eviolite
    Pain Split
    Will-o-Wisp
    Gravity
    Curse

Sigilyph - Flame Orb
    Gravity
    Roost
    Psychic
    Psycho Shift

Dugtrio - Focus Sash
    Earthquake
    Sucker Punch
    Stone Edge
    Aerial Ace

Gengar and Dugtrio aren't pulling their weight at all.
    Nidoking and dusclops are MVPs atm. Sigilyph is powerful but he doesn't function in tandem with the team. Forretress is useful as gravity makes spikes hurt any pokemon and as a rapid spinner to prevent spikes fucking me over in my own gravity.

I'd like a third gravity user but there's no real good ones you can train in gen5. Basically I'm building this team in PO and then constructing it in my black game, but some pokemon aren't possible. For example I would LOVE gravity on starmie but starmie only learns it in gen4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

22. Post #1302
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,487 Posts

Everything that wasn't your own Pokemon was underleveled in HG/SS up until you fight Red.

Then again, I always focus mostly on training the shit out of my starter Pokemon and any legendaries I pick up on the way, so that probably made it easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events

23. Post #1303
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,170 Posts
    For example I would LOVE gravity on starmie but starmie only learns it in gen4.
    I always see people say "but it only learns [a move] in [a previous generation]." Why not breed it in that generation and transfer it forward? Is there some hidden factor keeping you from breeding in a previous gen and transferring forward? Or do people not like the double EXP gain?

24. Post #1304
    October 2010
    3,741 Posts
    I always see people say "but it only learns [a move] in [a previous generation]." Why not breed it in that generation and transfer it forward? Is there some hidden factor keeping you from breeding in a previous gen and transferring forward? Or do people not like the double EXP gain?
    The only reason I could think is egg moves from a different gen, but the starmie example doesn't make sense due to having no egg moves.

25. Post #1305
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,054 Posts
    I have to go back to gen4, get all my shit together to breed it with good IVs and goo dnature, then transfer it over. It's basically doubling the amount of breeding I have to do.

26. Post #1306
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,170 Posts
    I have to go back to gen4, get all my shit together to breed it with good IVs and goo dnature, then transfer it over. It's basically doubling the amount of breeding I have to do.
    How does it double the breeding? You'd do all your breeding (and probably raising, after looking at Starmie's Gen IV info) in Gen IV, then transfer. Just an extra, what, two steps? Go to gen IV -> breed -> transfer, rather than just "breed".

27. Post #1307
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,054 Posts
    I have to go into pearl, do all the shit I've done to get where I am in gen5 all over again, then start breeding.

I have to go out, catch a butt ton of dittoes, beat the game so I can grind the elite four for xp and cash, get everstones, power weights etc for passing down ivs, actually FIND wild pokemon with maxed IVs to chain breed, just so I can have a starmie that's usable. It takes ages to breed a pokemon on black and I have a butt ton of pokemon with max IVs already that I can use.

In the case of starmie I have to find a ditto with maximum speed and special attack. Or alternatively wait until I get a random egg with maximum stats.

Also in gen4 you can't directly check if you have a maxed IV.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #1308
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,170 Posts
    I have to go into pearl, do all the shit I've done to get where I am in gen5 all over again, then start breeding.

I have to go out, catch a butt ton of dittoes, beat the game so I can grind the elite four for xp and cash, get everstones, power weights etc for passing down ivs, actually FIND wild pokemon with maxed IVs to chain breed, just so I can have a starmie that's usable. It takes ages to breed a pokemon on black and I have a butt ton of pokemon with max IVs already that I can use.

In the case of starmie I have to find a ditto with maximum speed and special attack. Or alternatively wait until I get a random egg with maximum stats.

Also in gen4 you can't directly check if you have a maxed IV.
    Fair enough, I kind of assumed you were completely able in both generations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #1309
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,054 Posts
    I only started breeding fo reelz in gen5, and my pearl cartridge's memory is broken and it refused to hold a savegame.

On top of the aforementioned issues.

30. Post #1310
    October 2009
    8,937 Posts
    One thing I hate about transferring your Pokemon from Generation 4 -> Generation 5

You need two DS's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

31. Post #1311
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,784 Posts
    Guys, I'm participating in a pokemon tournament, I want my team to be this:

Krookodile
    Samurott
    Haxorus
    Braviary
    Mienshao
    and Eelektross. Could someone recommend me a good moveset for them?

32. Post #1312
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,487 Posts

Krookodile
    Samurott
    Haxorus
    Braviary
    Mienshao
    If you're talking about Pokemon Online, then Smogon University has a list of all Pokemon (In alphabetical order), each one with at least one strategy including appropriate movesets, EVs, natures, held items, etc.

I'm using it to build ultimate teams (Read: I use all three fully-evolved starters, the game's mascot, and then some legendaries) based on Pokemon Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and Gray (If/when it's released).

33. Post #1313
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,024 Posts

Krookodile
    Samurott
    Haxorus
    Braviary
    Mienshao
    For Braviary, U-turn, Super Power, BRAVE BOID (spam this shit everywhere), and either Rock Slide or Return to round out coverage.

Samurott, Swords Dance, Aqua Jet, MEGAHOOOOORN, and whatever else you feel like, Waterfall might work, Return too. Might be able to replace Aqua Jet with Waterfall if you don't think speed will be a problem.

For the Hax, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Brick Break, Dragon Claw/Outrage. Always.

Mienshao? Hi Jump Kick (ALWAYS), U-Turn, Stone Edge, Hidden Power Ice. Make sure it has regenerator and slap a choice item on it.

Krook and Eelektross I don't have much experience with, sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #1314
    October 2011
    163 Posts
    I can't decide if I want to play Heart Gold or Red.
    Red for nostalgia, and heart gold for fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

35. Post #1315
    June 2010
    5,541 Posts
    I can't decide if I want to play Heart Gold or Red.
    Red for nostalgia, and heart gold for fun.
    What age you be? 14 or 23?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

36. Post #1316
    November 2010
    1,930 Posts
    Heart Gold is pretty nostalgic if you've grown up with the second generation of games. =/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1317
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    agh fucking candle blow why do pokemon love it so much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #1318
    July 2010
    2,512 Posts
    i was reading about competitive battling and EVs & IVs and stuff, now my head hurts, fuck all that im gonna raise the pokes i like however the fuck i want and casually enjoy battling people woohoo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Mexico Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #1319
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    Its really not that hard to grasp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1320
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,227 Posts
    my friend explained it to me once, and then i read bulbapedia and then when i looked at the chart on Serebii it all came to me as if i were hit by a train.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)