1. Post #5281
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,530 Posts
    Oh goodness, I'm talking to someone and they are trying to say the gen 1 originals are better than the remakes.

Don't get me wrong, some people obviously prefer the originals over the remakes, and I respect that. But they fixed so much since then. She's trying to argue that psychic types were not overpowered then. I mean, c'mon!

Also, not sure if I want to get the Black and White sequels... Might not have the money, plus I've kinda lost interest of Pokemon as of late.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #5282
    OZZY INTENSIFIES
    August 2009
    9,038 Posts
    I don't honestly like shinys. They make the Pokemon look off, as opposed to their natural colors. Which is the whole point I guess, but you grow used to their natural look and sort of shut out anything that looks otherwise.

Some are alright. A select few.

Also who else here is dissapointed that Vanilluxe's shiny isn't a brown or pinkish white?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #5283
    September 2011
    1,033 Posts
    Also who else here is dissapointed that Vanilluxe's shiny isn't a brown or pinkish white?
    YES.

I do like Shinies, though.

4. Post #5284
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,530 Posts
    Right, managed to get my point across by comparing the remakes to a sort of patch. But now she says I'm contradicting myself because Gen 3 Pokemon appear once you finish the game. But gen 1 had no endgame content to speak of... I'm confused, how come people are so negative towards the newer Pokemon games?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #5285
    September 2011
    1,033 Posts
    Right, managed to get my point across by comparing the remakes to a sort of patch. But now she says I'm contradicting myself because Gen 3 Pokemon appear once you finish the game. But gen 1 had no endgame content to speak of... I'm confused, how come people are so negative towards the newer Pokemon games?
    Nostalgia.

6. Post #5286
    June 2010
    5,577 Posts
    Just a guess but the games might be TOO japanese, Too eastern for their taste.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

7. Post #5287
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,212 Posts
    I think the originals set a nice standard, and gave off a vibe that was not. (For me at-least) captured in the newer ones.

8. Post #5288
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,530 Posts
    I think the originals set a nice standard, and gave off a vibe that was not. (For me at-least) captured in the newer ones.
    This I dig, you just prefer them. But I'm sure you can agree that the remakes fixed a lot of problems with the game mechanics and stuff, rather than blindly defend them. Don't see why people do this.

Edited:

She dislikes the remakes because they have more endgame content... I don't... What?

Edited:

Oh god, I got them defending Muk, saying it's a much better pokemon than Trubbish. That's it, I'm done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #5289
    Here are all the Shinies. Pick your favorites now.
    gen 5 has the best shinies of them all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #5290
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,170 Posts
    gen 5 has the best shinies of them all
    Gen 5 has best everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #5291
    October 2009
    9,193 Posts
    It may seem dull and cliche, but I like how a lot of the shiny Gen 1 Pokemon are just gold

12. Post #5292
    May 2011
    2,678 Posts

Those should be the shinies for those and you cannot deny it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #5293
    those kick considerable amounts of ass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #5294
    February 2010
    5,336 Posts
    Has anyone tried to draw what the original dragon that split into Reshiram/Zekrom looked like?

15. Post #5295
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,170 Posts
    Has anyone tried to draw what the original dragon that split into Reshiram/Zekrom looked like?
    Probably loads.

Has anyone done it well?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

16. Post #5296
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    Personally, Ninetails will always be my favorite shiny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #5297
    July 2009
    1,398 Posts
    I always liked shiny Charizard and Rayquaza.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #5298
    October 2011
    740 Posts
    Just got Pokemon Black yesterday and I've been all over it since. I just beat my first gym leader and am now about to go investigate that dream park place.

I haven't played Pokemon since Pearl so jumping back in feels pretty awesome.

My team so far:

Tepig
    Pansage
    Purrloin
    Lillipup

Feels good to be playing Pokemon again. Any heads up or tips I should know?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

19. Post #5299
    May 2011
    2,678 Posts
    Probably loads.

Has anyone done it well?

Yup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #5300
    October 2009
    9,193 Posts
    Just fusing them together doesn't work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #5301
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,876 Posts
    Why theck they have freaking airplane turbines up their butts.
    I never actually got this, but then again pretty many things doesn't always make sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #5302
    May 2011
    2,678 Posts
    Just fusing them together doesn't work
    Except the only evidence of what the original dragon looked like (from Special, of course) shows a Reshiram wing and a Zekrom wing. Ergo, mashup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

23. Post #5303
    Why theck they have freaking airplane turbines up their butts.
    I never actually got this, but then again pretty many things doesn't always make sense.
    that's their tails dude

24. Post #5304
    OZZY INTENSIFIES
    August 2009
    9,038 Posts
    Their tails charge electricity and fire for the exact same reason that Pikachu stores it's electricity in its cheeks.

Because it's Pokemon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #5305
    October 2009
    9,193 Posts
    Except the only evidence of what the original dragon looked like (from Special, of course) shows a Reshiram wing and a Zekrom wing. Ergo, mashup.
    I was also referring to the color scheme.

This is supposed to be the original, not a new fusion. The Kyurem fusions look like what they are: fusions of two Pokemon.

This original dragon split into these two, so having fusion traits like "it has one of each wing" just seems dumb. Imagine if we got the original first, and then the split up concept came up. I doubt the original would have "dual wings" or some parts black, some parts white.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #5306
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    We're talking about our favorite Pokemon?

27. Post #5307
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,212 Posts
    This I dig, you just prefer them. But I'm sure you can agree that the remakes fixed a lot of problems with the game mechanics and stuff, rather than blindly defend them. Don't see why people do this.
    That I agree with, they did make a nice improvement, I guess it was just missing that....ah how to say. Original gleam that made it what it was. I kinda felt like the rest were bolt ons. And the style of the Pokemon to me felt very out of place compared to the first gen.

28. Post #5308
    September 2011
    1,033 Posts
    Just got Pokemon Black yesterday and I've been all over it since. I just beat my first gym leader and am now about to go investigate that dream park place.

I haven't played Pokemon since Pearl so jumping back in feels pretty awesome.

My team so far:

Tepig
    Pansage
    Purrloin
    Lillipup

Feels good to be playing Pokemon again. Any heads up or tips I should know?
    Lenora (next gym) will be a pain in the ass with that Watchog putting you to sleep all the time. There are Fighting types in the surrounding area, catch one as a backup for your starter. Also, Fighting types will be very useful at the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #5309
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    3,186 Posts
    did I go the easy route with pokemon because I almost never actually level anything but my starter for a while (using the pan__ pokemon as a backup)
    like the second gym was a piece of cake because I had tepigs second evolution with a fighting move so id one-hit everything
    im guessing I was doing that wrong

30. Post #5310
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,233 Posts
    I still think the Nidos would be best as straight palette swaps.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #5311
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    I think that applies for most polar opposite pokemon. The nidos, reshi and zek, and so on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #5312
    May 2011
    2,678 Posts

This original dragon split into these two, so having fusion traits like "it has one of each wing" just seems dumb. Imagine if we got the original first, and then the split up concept came up. I doubt the original would have "dual wings" or some parts black, some parts white.
    It has black, white and gray body parts. What do you want for something that split into black, white and a gray husk, lime green polka dots?

Plus, splitting. Not something completely unrelated in terms of looks, each of the dragons is a part of the original one. And we KNOW it has at least one of each wing, from the only data we have. Makes more sense that having an fully original design for something that split into parts.

Kyurem is the base of said dragon, the remains, the incomplete body. If it absorbs Reshiram or Zekrom, it is still not fully restored. It needs both, and the original thing most likely will show traits of all three, having black and white all over it.

And it'll be symetrical. Asymetry is one of the telltale signs of Kyurem's incompleteness.

33. Post #5313
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,233 Posts
    something else I've noticed:

a lot of families of pokemon are atrocious because they're one color for 1 or two evolutions and then just dramatically change for no apparent reason in the final evolution

Edited:

also why is almost every green they choose for shiny sprites absolutely atrocious? they're either puke green, this weird desaturated green-brown, or highlighter yellow-green

34. Post #5314
    August 2011
    1,173 Posts
    What I would say about shinies is that gallade's shiny color is my favorite color(blue).

So much for my favorite pokemon.

Infact when I first learned about gallade's stats I was...happy. I wanted to catch one.

However in diamond and pearl I had no idea how to catch a ralts or kirlia(I didn't know much back then.) So my dreams were shattered.

So later on I bought Soul Silver, I beat the game and decided to complete the national pokedex.

I found a dawnstone in soul silver, Not knowing what to do with it I decided to keep it.

Later on int he week I was listening to the "radio" and heard that there were ralts nearby Route(I don't remember but I think it was in kanto)

Than I remembered on how to get gallade.

INSTANTLY I got on my staraptor and flew where the ralts were.

The first one was a female.

Around the 3rd one I finally found a male that was a shiny, however not knowing on shiny pokemon, I thought it was it's male color(I was an idiot with pokemon when that game first came out).

I leveled it up until it evolved into kirlia. Then I leveled it up a bit more, and used my dawn stone and it evolved into a blue gallade.

I thought that was it's original color, than I learned on shinies.

To this date I use a different gallade. I don't want to transfer that gallade. But that gallade is my most powerful pokemon to this date.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

35. Post #5315
    June 2010
    5,577 Posts
    What I would say about shinies is that gallade's shiny color is my favorite color(blue).

So much for my favorite pokemon.

Infact when I first learned about gallade's stats I was...happy. I wanted to catch one.

However in diamond and pearl I had no idea how to catch a ralts or kirlia(I didn't know much back then.) So my dreams were shattered.

So later on I bought Soul Silver, I beat the game and decided to complete the national pokedex.

I found a dawnstone in soul silver, Not knowing what to do with it I decided to keep it.

Later on int he week I was listening to the "radio" and heard that there were ralts nearby Route(I don't remember but I think it was in kanto)

Than I remembered on how to get gallade.

INSTANTLY I got on my staraptor and flew where the ralts were.

The first one was a female.

Around the 3rd one I finally found a male that was a shiny, however not knowing on shiny pokemon, I thought it was it's male color(I was an idiot with pokemon when that game first came out).

I leveled it up until it evolved into kirlia. Then I leveled it up a bit more, and used my dawn stone and it evolved into a blue gallade.

I thought that was it's original color, than I learned on shinies.

To this date I use a different gallade. I don't want to transfer that gallade. But that gallade is my most powerful pokemon to this date.
    You can't even comprende how jelly I am.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

36. Post #5316
    Mentally incapable of sticking to one avatar
    January 2007
    5,758 Posts

Starting @ 2:03

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 2 (list)

37. Post #5317
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,871 Posts
    Eww that filter. I prefer my games pixily

Australian release date has been revealed, October 11th, 1 day before the European release and 4 days after the North American.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #5318
    August 2011
    1,173 Posts
    You can't even comprende how jelly I am.

The funny part is I had no idea of what shinies were.

39. Post #5319
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Start a new game of Pokemon FireRed ? yes/no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #5320
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,188 Posts
    Just got a female Cleffa from the Dream World. Damn, that little thing is so cute

Is Clefable with Unaware any good compared with a Magic Guard one?