1. Post #321
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,230 Posts
    Just bought my mate's 360 and he threw in Blackops and Cod 4 among other things. The only thing I'm good at is sticks & stones on blops, I can barely manage winning against the bots in combat training.
    im hoping you're on a regular or hardened difficulty?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #322
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    5,792 Posts
    Are you new to FPS games or?
    I'm not new to them, no, I'm just terrible at using the 360 controller for aiming. I've played it a lot but not consistently or often enough to get decent at it.

Edited:

im hoping you're on a regular or hardened difficulty?
    The first one I did was on Hardened, got my arse handed to me. Regular I can maintain a decent k/d
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #323
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,668 Posts
    I'm not new to them, no, I'm just terrible at using the 360 controller for aiming. I've played it a lot but not consistently or often enough to get decent at it.

Edited:

The first one I did was on Hardened, got my arse handed to me. Regular I can maintain a decent k/d
    You'll get used to the Xbox controller, believe me. The PS3 one is smoother, but the Xbox one is really simple and bulky. Fits in your hand nicely. Just give it a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #324
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    5,792 Posts
    I'm fine when it comes to movement and shit like that, yeah, I think the controller's very ergonomic, but like I said I just can't aim well using my right thumb. I'll either over-shoot or fall short of what I'm aiming at when turning, no matter what sensitivity I use
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #325
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,230 Posts

Edited:

ok thats not too bad, i mean they ARE aimbots...

6. Post #326
    June 2010
    825 Posts
    I wish MW3's maps weren't all deathmatch arenas. The most fun I have in the game is when both sides are squaring off in a firefight down a long corridor, but this rarely happens. Most of the time I'll be moving through an area that looks like it's under my team's control, only to be shot in the back by some guy sprinting through one of the 80 different paths through the map.

I like most of the gameplay changes they made (nerfing grenades and removing commando in particular), but these maps are terrible. We need more maps like Afghan, Highrise, and Estate: maps with long sight lines where you can get an actual firefight going and not have it be ruined because there are too many ways through the map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

7. Post #327
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    I liked the maps from CoD4 especially lot such as Bog and Vacant. They kinda seemed to naturally have like two sides all the time and just generally had good layout.

Edited:

I'm reinstalling CoD2, gonna play some multiplayer and nostalgia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #328
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,488 Posts
    SHIT! It's made by IW! NOOOO!!!

NOW WITH MORE REMINGTON PRODUCT PLACEMENT

Edited:

I liked the maps from CoD4 especially lot such as Bog and Vacant. They kinda seemed to naturally have like two sides all the time and just generally had good layout.

Edited:

I'm reinstalling CoD2, gonna play some multiplayer and nostalgia.
    Toujane

ALL DAY

ERREH DAY.

Only thing is I keep on forgetting I can't shoot through walls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

9. Post #329
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    I keep getting the "you are banned" or "admin has banned you for x minutes" when I join a server though, meh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

10. Post #330
    March 2010
    2,187 Posts
    That's pretty good dude. Nice, short and simple. Don't see why it'd take 5 hours though, haha.
    No one posted how to properly do it, so I had to do a lot of trial and error.

And a lot of crashing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #331
    July 2010
    4,900 Posts
    I wish MW3's maps weren't all deathmatch arenas. The most fun I have in the game is when both sides are squaring off in a firefight down a long corridor, but this rarely happens. Most of the time I'll be moving through an area that looks like it's under my team's control, only to be shot in the back by some guy sprinting through one of the 80 different paths through the map.

I like most of the gameplay changes they made (nerfing grenades and removing commando in particular), but these maps are terrible. We need more maps like Afghan, Highrise, and Estate: maps with long sight lines where you can get an actual firefight going and not have it be ruined because there are too many ways through the map.
    Call of Duty 3 did what you wish relatively well. So many good memories of battles from the game.

Fuck, I'd really love it if they released Call of Duty 3 on PCs and gave it some graphics updates. I gotta say that it was one of the best CoD games ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #332
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    Call of Duty 3 was okay, the multiplayer was quite good. The single player sucked ass though

Edited:

And I don't see why they made it a console exclusive.

13. Post #333
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    2,634 Posts
    Me and my friend loved it because it was different to the rest of the CoD games and not the same shit, which they've ruined now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #334
    June 2010
    825 Posts
    In addition to the maps I'd like to nominate the FMG9 as the most overpowered weapon in any game, ever. I used to think the Raiders in Tecmo Bowl were the most unbalanced thing possible in a game, but at least you could punch your friend in the face and grab his controller if he handed off to Bo Jackson. Akimbo FMG9s have no counter, except maybe using them yourself. They have no recoil, almost no spread, and a high rate of fire.

Fuck you right in the face, IW, for not bothering to balance the weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #335
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    Well it's just one weapon and if they fix it it'll be fine imo but yeah it's a fucking huge problem and if they don't I'm gonna hate them.

16. Post #336
    March 2010
    2,187 Posts
    In addition to the maps I'd like to nominate the FMG9 as the most overpowered weapon in any game, ever. I used to think the Raiders in Tecmo Bowl were the most unbalanced thing possible in a game, but at least you could punch your friend in the face and grab his controller if he handed off to Bo Jackson. Akimbo FMG9s have no counter, except maybe using them yourself. They have no recoil, almost no spread, and a high rate of fire.

Fuck you right in the face, IW, for not bothering to balance the weapons.
    I hope you realize their reducing the fire rate for all akimbo weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

17. Post #337
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    Personally I think they're doing it wrong, akimbo fire rate doesn't have to be nerfed for everything.

18. Post #338
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,668 Posts
    Me and my friend loved it because it was different to the rest of the CoD games and not the same shit, which they've ruined now.
    Actually, CoD3 is a LOT like the rest of the CoD games. WWII.

CoD: Finest Hour... WWII, or was it 1?
    CoD 2: Big Red One, or just CoD2... WWII.
    CoD 3: WWII.
    CoD 4: Introduction to the modern era.
    CoD 5: WWII, yet again. What a surprise.
    CoD 6: Modern.
    CoD 7: Back to the Cold War.
    CoD 8: Modern, again.

I actually loved when it was all WWII. It's very surprising, though that it took them as long as it did to make a modern based game. MoH did relatively the same thing with WWII games. Overall though, I'd have to say Black Ops is the one that did something that the rest of the games didn't. Instead of going with WWII or Modern, they decided to mix it up a little bit and throw in the Cold War. I think that was interesting to say the least, and it made for a good game. Unique, is the word I'm looking for. Treyarch, that is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #339
    June 2010
    825 Posts
    First of all, this shit should have been fixed the first week of release, not months later. Second, rate of fire isn't even the main problem. In fact, "akimbo weapons" in general aren't a problem, it's specifically the FMG9s that are laughably unbalanced. They have near perfect accuracy even when firing full auto because they have no recoil, at all. Just point in the general direction of the enemy and spray full auto, you don't need to worry about bursting and adjusting fire to compensate for recoil because, well, there is none.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

20. Post #340
    March 2010
    2,187 Posts
    What do you guys think? :D

21. Post #341
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    2,634 Posts
    Actually, CoD3 is a LOT like the rest of the CoD games. WWII.

CoD: Finest Hour... WWII, or was it 1?
    CoD 2: Big Red One, or just CoD2... WWII.
    CoD 3: WWII.
    CoD 4: Introduction to the modern era.
    CoD 5: WWII, yet again. What a surprise.
    CoD 6: Modern.
    CoD 7: Back to the Cold War.
    CoD 8: Modern, again.

I actually loved when it was all WWII. It's very surprising, though that it took them as long as it did to make a modern based game. MoH did relatively the same thing with WWII games. Overall though, I'd have to say Black Ops is the one that did something that the rest of the games didn't. Instead of going with WWII or Modern, they decided to mix it up a little bit and throw in the Cold War. I think that was interesting to say the least, and it made for a good game. Unique, is the word I'm looking for. Treyarch, that is.
    Oh look the settings were the same.... SAME AS THE REST, no I meant the gameplay was a major difference from the other games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #342
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,774 Posts
    Good montage, but the audio keeps cutting in and out.

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,764 Posts
    Not enough drowning pool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 4 (list)

24. Post #344
    March 2010
    2,187 Posts
    Not enough drowning pool
    wat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

25. Post #345
    May 2011
    575 Posts
    I don't get Kino Der Toten. I can only survive for a few waves, and I don't understand at all how to turn the power on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #346
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,668 Posts
    Oh look the settings were the same.... SAME AS THE REST, no I meant the gameplay was a major difference from the other games.
    Then in that aspect, you're correct. It does feel a lot different.

27. Post #347
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    I don't get Kino Der Toten. I can only survive for a few waves, and I don't understand at all how to turn the power on.
    It's just a bit difficult, find a good team and someone who knows what to do and follow.

28. Post #348
    January 2009
    1,609 Posts
    This is a usually confusing map for beginners. I suggest going the upper-staircase route to the Theater but I suggest not going all the way into the Theater until round 9 when you have points to get Juggernaut and flip the power switch. In the Theater there's a power-switch near the curtains. It'll turn the power on and the perks. There's a red machine way across the Theater which contains Juggernaut. Get it and you'll be set. Then, get 5000 points. Go into the nazi-teleporter and use 5000 to Pack-A-Punch a weapon. etc etc then just live til you drop dead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

29. Post #349
    March 2010
    2,187 Posts
    When is the 50% reduction of fire rate update going live?

30. Post #350
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,154 Posts
    I just had a thought. Wouldn't this fire rate reduction kind of defeat the point of Akimbo? The ability to fire effectively twice as fast for a total lack of precise aiming. Why not just, you know, increase the kick or recoil amplification to make aiming the bullet hoses harder, on top of increasing the cone of fire? Lowering the fire rate isn't going to stop Akimbo weapons being a pain in the ass at range, where they shouldn't be effective.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #351
    January 2012
    222 Posts
    MW3 SUCKS, BLACK OPS IS SUPERIOR.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #352
    July 2009
    9,755 Posts
    I just had a thought. Wouldn't this fire rate reduction kind of defeat the point of Akimbo? The ability to fire effectively twice as fast for a total lack of precise aiming. Why not just, you know, increase the kick or recoil amplification to make aiming the bullet hoses harder, on top of increasing the cone of fire? Lowering the fire rate isn't going to stop Akimbo weapons being a pain in the ass at range, where they shouldn't be effective.
    Akimbo should have never been introduced to this game anyway. It caused nothing but grief.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

33. Post #353
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    I think it's okay for things like pistols but SMGs, machine pistols and shotguns, no thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,719 Posts
    I think it's okay for things like pistols but SMGs, machine pistols and shotguns, no thanks.
    This. Allways this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #355
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    Well, due to the Shotgun patch of yesterday, most shotguns have been improved. Such as the KSG. Although i havent really bothered using it as of yet. Since i've been pissing around with the USAS.

Edit - KSG Seems much more powerful than before, The thing is getting kills more reliabley now.
    Just saw on the wiki. Its just like using extended mags pre-patch now.

Useful and powerfull once again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

36. Post #356
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,668 Posts
    Been playing BF3 lately, I get sick when thinking about playing MW3. I just, I just need a break. This has nothing to do with the BF3 vs MW3 thing either. It could have been any other game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #357
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    Agree'd completely.

Nerfing the fire rate probably isn't going to achieve anything other than taking an extra second to kill someone. The problem lies in the almost pin point accuracy of almost 50 bullets coming at someone in 3 seconds or less with no effort at all. Less fire rate, one extra second to kill someone, and thats a maybe.

If you widen the cone of fire and make it like the PP2k akimbo from mw2 which had rather bad aim compared to the g18's, it makes them alot more balanced. Recoil amplification or increased kick isn't going to make much of a difference either because players will easily compensate it.

The only way really is screwing up the cone of fire enough to make it useless without steady aim, and yes I'm not exaggerating. They should really get to that point.

Edited:

Been playing BF3 lately, I get sick when thinking about playing MW3. I just, I just need a break. This has nothing to do with the BF3 vs MW3 thing either. It could have been any other game.
    Sheesh ok, we get it, you hate the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #358
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,719 Posts

It's pretty much a Spas on Steroids.

Im going to enjoy using it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #359
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,230 Posts

did they unpatch that or just increase global damage?

40. Post #360
    November 2009
    3,868 Posts
    I can't wait to unlock thermal on the MK14, I'll fucking destroy people