Definitely a hardscope
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #962
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,225 Posts
    don't use the term hardscope

there's quick scoping and there's sniping, that is all

the only time i'll personally accept the term hardscoping, is when the word "faggot" is at the end of it and i'm being called one when i hear the enemy raging during killcam

and in reference to that shot, i would hardly say it's a quick scope, it's nuke town opening routes are predictable, you know where they're coming from and with the window being that full of bodies you're bound to hit.

And what i qualify as a quickscope is not even getting a look through the lens
    but i don't know if there's a concrete definition to the term
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

3. Post #963
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,665 Posts
    Haha, I don't quickscope or any of that crap. I was just sniping. If I see the target early, you may consider it a "quickscope". If I need to take a little while to line up my sights, then by all means consider it a "hardscope". I was just sniping though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #964
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,225 Posts
    Sometimes when i'm in the zone, i can pull off shots like that, it's funny because if i'm prone looking in one direction 6/10 i'll miss my first shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #965
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,488 Posts
    don't use the term hardscope

there's quick scoping and there's sniping, that is all

the only time i'll personally accept the term hardscoping, is when the word "faggot" is at the end of it and i'm being called one when i hear the enemy raging during killcam

and in reference to that shot, i would hardly say it's a quick scope, it's nuke town opening routes are predictable, you know where they're coming from and with the window being that full of bodies you're bound to hit.

And what i qualify as a quickscope is not even getting a look through the lens
    but i don't know if there's a concrete definition to the term
    it's cod land, I'll use cod terminology bish.

And yeah for some reason, if I try to properly snipe, it always ends up going poorly.

Like proning, aiming carefully, etc.

Quickscopes are when you shoot as soon as the crosshairs in the lens pull up

anything before that is using the scope-in crosshairs tighten mechanics to pull a noscope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

6. Post #966
    November 2009
    3,863 Posts
    Is it bad that I call the MP412 the REX?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

7. Post #967
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,310 Posts
    Is it bad that I call the MP412 the REX?
    considering its actually called the mp412 rex, not really
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #968
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    Im considering getting the Rezurrection content pack for Black Ops just go get all the old WaW zombie maps and a new one. Is it worth it? 14 euros.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #969
    March 2010
    2,186 Posts
    All my secondaries are at max level, riot shield, and all sub machine guns as well. 16 more guns from the primaries to go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

10. Post #970
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,794 Posts
    kind of off topic as to what you guys are talking about right now, and i'm verily so unsure where to drop this but

i keep crashing on COD:WAW's startup whenever there's a profiles folder present in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWa W. however, when i remove this profiles folder, the game runs flawlessly, even through startup.

sidenote: with a profiles folder, it takes about 10 times to launch the game before it gets past the intro.
    any help?

11. Post #971
    November 2009
    3,863 Posts
    I'm at 3rd prestige, about level 50, and I don't think I'm going to prestige anymore. At least until my friend catches up, and he just recently got 1st.

12. Post #972
    BIG TITLE
    November 2009
    7,548 Posts
    25-0 first game in 3 months
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #973
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,665 Posts
    I couldn't find the thread, I thought it was closed! Just needed a good bump.

Two things:

CoD4 is so easy man. Went 69-10 with a freakin' sniper on Countdown. Maybe it's just because 90% of the people who play it now suck.

Idk if I've ever posted this, I don't believe I have, but look at this incredibly sad fail. I was the one in the Valkyrie Rocket. (Watch in HD) :)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

14. Post #974
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,225 Posts
    there was no way you knew he was behind you

15. Post #975
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,488 Posts

Two things:

CoD4 is so easy man. Went 69-10 with a freakin' sniper on Countdown. Maybe it's just because 90% of the people who play it now suck.

Idk if I've ever posted this, I don't believe I have, but look at this incredibly sad fail. I was the one in the Valkyrie Rocket. (Watch in HD) :)

Are you playing promod?

(shit nvm)

The rampant hacking probably scared most good players off.

16. Post #976
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts

Two things:

Cod4 is increadibly easy compared to every other cod.
    Everyone always spawns in the same place or around that place instead of the cluttered mess that mw3 is. You don't spawn on top of no one from the other team, and its easy to "hide" and kill a bunch of people
    Also, UAVs are better than MW2 onwards. They refresh faster.
    Airstrikes seem much more deadlier.
    Helicopters are never taken down unless someone actually cares about it enough.
    No uberpowered perks
    More players to kill, which ends making everything easy. You can even get further ahead of killstreaks without using them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

17. Post #977
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,133 Posts
    Are you playing promod?
    ~~Pr0MoDzzZz~ players aren't that much better. And if anything most of them are more obnoxious than normal CoD4 players as they believe they are some kind of master race just because their mod removes all the actually interesting functionality of the game. Most of them are quisckoping imbeciles, and everyone uses two or three guns (usually the M40 and the AK47/ 74u.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #978
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,225 Posts
    quick question, was there a blast shield-esque perk in CoD4?

19. Post #979
    May 2011
    383 Posts
    This about sums up every single TDM game I play
    Me - 38 - 14
    Only other decent teammate - 10-10
    0-10
    0-11
    0-9
    0-0 (because people keep permanently leaving and joining)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #980
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    ~~Pr0MoDzzZz~ players aren't that much better. And if anything most of them are more obnoxious than normal CoD4 players as they believe they are some kind of master race just because their mod removes all the actually interesting functionality of the game. Most of them are quisckoping imbeciles, and everyone uses two or three guns (usually the M40 and the AK47/ 74u.
    Scum of the virtual earth.
    (no really, I hate people like that)

They remind me of those "HURR IM MLG PRO" kids or those tourney fags who play by their own silly constrictive rules. Kind of like those servers that restrict everything.
    Its like things for them can't be fun and games are played "T0 B3 T3H V3RY B3ST".
    Its like they turn it into a job, but at the same time, into a boring funless job.

Edited:

This about sums up every single TDM game I play
    Me - 38 - 14
    Only other decent teammate - 10-10
    0-10
    0-11
    0-9
    0-0 (because people keep permanently leaving and joining)
    What game?

21. Post #981
    May 2011
    383 Posts
    What game?
    MW3
    I guess it's kinda to be expected as it's the most popular, but I'm sick of being on a team full of idiots while the enemy team has decent people on it.

22. Post #982
    BIG TITLE
    November 2009
    7,548 Posts
    quick question, was there a blast shield-esque perk in CoD4?
    Only juggernaut, the perks were really weird in CoD4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

23. Post #983
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,665 Posts
    there was no way you knew he was behind you

24. Post #984
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,225 Posts
    fair enough, i didn't realize that teabagging made that much noise tbh

25. Post #985
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,665 Posts
    fair enough, i didn't realize that teabagging made that much noise tbh
    Ha, without dead silence he may as well just be walking or jumping. Plus I heard him walk up before that, noticed he didn't kill me, and realized he was probably fucking with me. So I just pop shotted his face.

26. Post #986
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Thinking of selling mw3

been playing black ops on combat training/zombies/general tdm with friends, shit is fucking great compared to mw3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #987
    September 2010
    892 Posts
    Ive completed all the spec ops missions with 3 starts except the 2 player required ones. All my friends are fags and claim to not play singleplayer/spec ops and only play multiplayer.

Anyone wanna help me out? I live in Australia, so it might not be best for someone who lives half way around the world to play with me since the lag may be a problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

28. Post #988
    Emperor of Ecchi
    November 2008
    9,225 Posts
    they should've left combat training in MW3

29. Post #989
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,334 Posts
    they should've left combat training in MW3
    And prone diving.
    And not-retarded killstreaks.

Edited:

And good netcode, but hell that was in MW2.

30. Post #990
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,488 Posts

however most of the players are of a better level than the average pubbie and the servers are usually adminned regularly, so you don't have to worry about hackers as much.

I don't give a shit about the players as long as they don't hack.

Edited:

Scum of the virtual earth.
    (no really, I hate people like that)

They remind me of those "HURR IM MLG PRO" kids or those tourney fags who play by their own silly constrictive rules. Kind of like those servers that restrict everything.
    Its like things for them can't be fun and games are played "T0 B3 T3H V3RY B3ST".
    Its like they turn it into a job, but at the same time, into a boring funless job.
    well, that's competitive gaming, tourney fags restrict most things because facts are, certain things are OP and unbalance the game.

However generalizing the community like that isn't necessarily good. A lot of competitive gaming is good fun, playing scrims is a lot different than playing pubs, and arguably more fun since you're a coordinated team fighting a coordinated team. That appealed to me, because the closest I got to that experience before was playing BF2 with a good team and commander.

31. Post #991
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,133 Posts
    however most of the players are of a better level than the average pubbie and the servers are usually adminned regularly, so you don't have to worry about hackers as much.

That's the thing. Most of them do hack. A lot of Promod players are also owners of Codehook, one of the larger communities my brother used to pop onto regularly when he played it would constantly find out that other members had the hack (and then demonise them, even though they themselves had the hack too). But most of them either didn't buy the aimbot package for it, or avoid using the aimbot while on servers. A lot of them do have the ESP enabled instead, and just cover themselves up a lot.

32. Post #992
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,488 Posts
    That's the thing. Most of them do hack. A lot of Promod players are also owners of Codehook, one of the larger communities my brother used to pop onto regularly when he played it would constantly find out that other members had the hack (and then demonise them, even though they themselves had the hack too). But most of them either didn't buy the aimbot package for it, or avoid using the aimbot while on servers. A lot of them do have the ESP enabled instead, and just cover themselves up a lot.
    That's true, however the advantage ESP gives in CoD is more marginal than other games. I wouldn't say the majority of the community hacks however, if that was the case, why would large teams sponsor CoD4 promod anyways for cash prizes?

I never really got into the tourney/ladder scene in CoD4 anyways, CoD2 I did for a bit (it's still big, but ffs, even CS 1.6 has penetration, while CoD2 doesn't, and that pissed me off royally)

33. Post #993
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    MW3
    I guess it's kinda to be expected as it's the most popular, but I'm sick of being on a team full of idiots while the enemy team has decent people on it.
    Funny, that also happens to me. MW1 I was always on the better teams, MW2/BO was a balanced mix, but MW3 seems to be 70% losses and 30% wins.

I really hate the dynamic of the games in MW3.
    If I could compare, MW1 is like 64 players metro on BF3 conquest, where people stay in one place trading fire with the other team, and my favourite kind of games, except its easier to get past by them since people don't revive each other and are easier to kill. Plus, killstreaks are EASY to earn. A UAV almost guarantees you a 10 kill streak with or without using other killstreaks.

MW2 was harder. People are randomly scattered around the map, and then suddenly, some guy who comes out of nowhere ends your streak. And you get to shoot and see less people.

MW3 is a cesspool... Maps are even more crammed up, that you always spawn next to the enemy, and 5 seconds of walking take you to the enemy team.

Edited:

Edited:

well, that's competitive gaming, tourney fags restrict most things because facts are, certain things are OP and unbalance the game.

However generalizing the community like that isn't necessarily good. A lot of competitive gaming is good fun, playing scrims is a lot different than playing pubs, and arguably more fun since you're a coordinated team fighting a coordinated team. That appealed to me, because the closest I got to that experience before was playing BF2 with a good team and commander.
    I hate coordinated competitive teams mainly because they just muck up all the fun in the game.
    A bunch of people working together? Fine, but a whole 5 man squad that kills you and everyone else in unison. I hate that soo much. That and clans dedicated to troll that rocket you as soon as you go through a door.

34. Post #994
    November 2009
    1,812 Posts
    And prone diving.And not-retarded killstreaks.Edited:And good netcode, but hell that was in MW2.
    Man... dolphin diving+Olympia is domination
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Ireland Show Events

35. Post #995
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,589 Posts
    cod4 is still damn fun to play WAY better on pc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #996
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,488 Posts
    I hate coordinated competitive teams mainly because they just muck up all the fun in the game.
    A bunch of people working together? Fine, but a whole 5 man squad that kills you and everyone else in unison. I hate that soo much. That and clans dedicated to troll that rocket you as soon as you go through a door.
    even if they're fighting another coordinated team?

sure I can understand why getting pubstomped is annoying and stupid, but yeah, if you have a problem with 2 coordinated teams playing each other, that's weird as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

37. Post #997
    November 2009
    1,812 Posts
    cod4 is still damn fun to play WAY better on pc
    Bloc, Max of 6 players, FFA will give you one of the MOST suspenseful MP matches ever, especially when snipers are used....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Ireland Show Events

38. Post #998
    : |
    February 2009
    3,606 Posts
    MW3 or BO? xbox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events

39. Post #999
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,589 Posts
    get it on pc unless you want 10 million children playing with you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #1000
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,589 Posts
    MW3 or BO? xbox
    Black Ops is way better than MW3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)